Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident (20950 Views)

Lagos Boat Accident: 15 Missing Passengers Found Dead / Bus Recovered After Plunging Into A River, Some Passengers Missing. Photos / Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by goodluck813(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
The rules says no night travel by boats in Lagos state, and always wear your life jackets, but Nigerians remain dumb to this simple rules and instructions,
They will just continue to die avoidable deaths, I know many ignorant ones will still fall victims of this simple rules
you're talking as if you don't stay in Lagos.. Lagos water transport is one of the worst unsafe means of transportation... there's hardly a month without accident, it's under reported,the official and tout connived to manipulate the system, that's why daytime and nighttime no safety measures to protect the travellers..go to CMS ,idumota you see for yourself..

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Richcreed(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2022
Safety first! no night travelling in A FERRY ! as tide is always high at such time , simple rule broken leading to loss of life. we are always quick to blame government at times, whereas we are asually the achitect of most mishaps, same for dumping refuse recklessly in drainages leading to flooding. we need to ditch the mentality of no regards of law and rules.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by krokronyash(f): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2022
Negligence!

undecided

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by femiasaolu2014: 6:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Tell me you have a death wish without explicitly saying so:

"You cant swim, yet you enter a ramshackle boat without a lifejacket on"

2 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2022
Uncle agbado needs blood.

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Hussein035: 7:00am On Jul 10, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Chie'( cry cry

Commander In chief of casava and agbado republic want to finish Lagosians lives with sacrifice tongue undecided.

Go and watch the agbado video and stop typing RUBBISH
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by F117nighthawk: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2022
Some of u will just come here and just type for typing sake,even if u are in Lagos, can't people use their common sense, i live in an area where I enter these covered and uncovered boats weekly, I see a lot of people misbehaving when it comes to using the life jackets, there is a jetty close to my area u will still see people up till 9pm boarding because they want to get home at all cost, I once got there at 8pm saw the danger and never boarded had to go and look for a place to sleep near by, it's the passengers I blame, people should always use their brains pls, stick to simple instructions
quote author=goodluck813 post=114584166] you're talking as if you don't stay in Lagos.. Lagos water transport is one of the worst unsafe means of transportation... there's hardly a month without accident, it's under reported,the official and tout connived to manipulate the system, that's why daytime and nighttime no safety measures to protect the travellers..go to CMS ,idumota you see for yourself..[/quote]
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Adliperd: 7:06am On Jul 10, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Chie'( cry cry

Commander In chief of casava and agbado republic want to finish Lagosians lives with sacrifice tongue undecided.

U don't have value for life in your region..so I can't blame u
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by adioolayi(m): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2022
Who enter boat for those kind rains wey fall for two to three consecutive days in Lagos

People get mind sha

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Olu4Golden: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2022
May God save them and may they be found alive.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by dapaiks: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2022
What a tragedy, saw one of the victims dead body washed ashore on Saturday evening around PTML, and the sad thing was that everybody was just looking and passing... That poor woman left her house to hustle in order to provide for her family, only not to come back home and her family members will be looking for her.
GOD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY...

4 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
The rules says no night travel by boats in Lagos state, and always wear your life jackets, but Nigerians remain dumb to this simple rules and instructions,
They will just continue to die avoidable deaths, I know many ignorant ones will still fall victims of this simple rules

I have nothing to add here. You've said everything..

3 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by SarkinYarki: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2022
Na Mumu go enter Lagos uncharted brackish muddy filthy Lagoon in side darkness...if you know the number of logs moving uncontrollably in that water you will never try it

3 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by F117nighthawk: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2022
A boat accident happened in the ikorodu area this past Wednesday, 2 passengers died out of 17,its the life jackets that saved 15 that were rescued, the 2 that died we were told didn't wear their life jackets, no matter how bad the situation, the life jackets provided will still keep u alive till help will come incase of any accidents
akpunda86:

My broda safety rules helps.but I tell u those funny stuff u see Na just fancy not life jackets,I tested one those days at a jetty,u sink with it,I have to go buy a standard floater at Marina.
Is a pity this happened but I thank God for those 5 years i used them,thou many scary experience

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by wandyvirus(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2022
Sometimes I wonder how some of you made it through school or if you do have a brain at all.

Did you read the news article or you just saw the headline and jumped to bleat like a he-goat. Safety starts with rules.The first rule is use safety jackets. They didn't.

The second rule is don't ferry passengers at night. They did.
The LASG has setup a ferry system where idiots like you can actually own a boat and put it to very good use and make money.

All we know how to do very well is critique, castigate, condemn.
Go to all the ferry terminals (Old and new) and see how serious the State takes ferry transportation.

Last week Thursday I saw the condolence register opened at an office in Ìkòyí, where I went for a business meeting. A very beautiful young lady who was just confirmed, who had her life ahead of her; lost her life in that Ikorodu mishap. She like you only knew how to complain. She didn't use her safety jacket.

How many people use their seat belts? How many use pedestrian bridge to cross the express?
Nigerians don't value their own lives. Govt makes simple safety rules, builds simple bridges.... Nigerians will rather cross a six lane express than think of safety.
How will any govt take us seriously? People who will complain to no end yet ascribe very little value to their lives....like you?
Safety system kóò,Syncro system ni.

DMerciful:
What are the safety systems put in place by the Lagos state govt regarding ferry transportation? The frequency of accidents shows there are huge gaps!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by DMerciful(m): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2022
You're trying to defend Tinubu, you're not thinking straight. This is one too many accidents so whatever rules and regulations the Lagos state govt put in place, it aint working. There is no enforcement and thats why the accidents keeps happening.

Stop defending mediocrity!
wandyvirus:
Sometimes I wonder how some of you made it through school or if you do have a brain at all.

Did you read the news article or you just saw the headline and jumped to bleat like a he-goat. Safety starts with rules.The first rule I use safety jackets. They didn't.

The second rule is don't ferry passengers at night. They did.
The LASG has setup a ferry system where idiots like you can actually own a boat and put it to very good use and make money.

All we know how to do very well is critique, castigate, condemn.
Go to all the ferry terminals (Old and new) and see how serious the State takes ferry transportation.

Last week Thursday I saw the condolence register opened at an office in Ìkòyí, where I went for a business meeting. A very beautiful young lady who was just confirmed, wh had her life ahead of her; lost her life in that Ikorodu mishap. She like you only know how to complain. She didn't use her safety jacket.

How many people use their seat belts? How many use pedestrian bridge to cross the express?
Nigerians don't value their own lives. Govt makes simple safety rules, builds simple bridges.... Nigerians will rather cross a six lane express than think of safety.
How will any govt take us seriously? People who will complain to no end yet ascribe very little value to their lives....like you?
Safety system kóò,Syncro system ni.

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Rannam: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2022
I swear
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Lighthouse50: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2022
By the time technology finish dealing with us, our brain will reset. A wooden boat will never capsize.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Mazzkenny: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2022
If you have rules but nobody to enforce the rules, then it is no rules
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Mazzkenny: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
The rules says no night trav el by boats in Lagos state, and always wear your life jackets, but Nigerians remain dumb to this simple rules and instructions,
if you have rules but nobody to enforce the rules, then it is no rules
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by wandyvirus(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2022
Mr enforcement, go and stand in the middle of the Lagoon and enforce like a traffic warden or go take a mat, spread it and wait for a recalcitrant ferry operator at night so you can stop him or better still arrest anyone who wants to travel at night via ferries.
Apòdà, Your type lacks the tiniest ability to even reason fluidly. I have time for your very slow brain which you genetically inherited.

We are talking boat mishap and your almighty safety rules and you jump to Tinubu. Can you Father ever be in your own lips every second as irrelevant as your father is? You jump from a serious issue and try to derail to another because sound arguments are like calculus to your lineage. Purile, pedestrian conversations keep you all together. If you don't talk about people your small minds think about s£x like the he-goats you all are.

So instead of realizing that the subject you raised was above your thinking grade, your very small inert mind did what it knows how to do best-talk about someone else, someone your entire generation to the 500th can NEVER ever achieve 0.000001% of what he has done this morning alone.

Get a brain booster and face me with superior facts. I don't talk about people.

DMerciful:
You're trying to defend Tinubu, you're not thinking straight. This is one too many accidents so whatever rules and regulations the Lagos state govt put in place, it aint working. There is no enforcement and thats why the accidents keeps happening.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by DMerciful(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2022
You're defending mediocity with all your might. What are you benefitting?

Look at your incoherent response like a bipolar person. So the people that died are not humans?

I wonder why the poor defend the rich that care less about them. Abeg run along
wandyvirus:
Mr enforcement, go and stand in the middle of the Lagoon and enforce like a traffic warden or go take a mat, spread it and wait for a recalcitrant ferry operator at night so you can stop him or better still arrest anyone who wants to travel at night via ferries.
Apòdà, Your type lacks the tiniest ability to even reason fluidly. I have time for your very slow brain which you genetically inherited.

We are talking boat mishap and your almighty safety rules and you jump to Tinubu. Can you Father ever be in your own lips every second as irrelevant as your father is? You jump from a serious issue and try to derail to another because sound arguments are like calculus to your lineage. Purile, pedestrian conversations keep you all together. If you don't talk about people your small minds think about s£x like the he-goats you all are.

So instead of realizing that the subject you raised was above your thinking grade, your very small inert mind did what it knows how to do best-talk about someone else, someone your entire generation to the 500th can NEVER ever achieve 0.000001% of what he has done this morning alone.

Get a brain booster and face me with superior facts. I don't talk about people.

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Tomilola360: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Chie'( cry cry

Just like the sacrifice your ppl do when they gave your widowed mother the bath water from your late dads corpse to drink.

Oloriburuku oshi
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Lexicon123: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2022
Why is it that the authorities only get to identify the faults and broken rules after mishaps have happened? This is just one story too many! What happens to stationing enforcement officers at the jetties that would clear boats and ferries before departure, and such officers held accountable for any broken rule? That way, stories like: “no life jackets”; “operating at wrong hours” can be forestall. It’s well ooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by kaludestiny10(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2022
I would rather trek to my destination than travel by boat or whatever. The kind forces wey dey for water plenty.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by ORIAYO70(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2022
post=114576318:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/09/16-passengers-missing-in-another-lagos-boat-accident/

If its not madness
Will en-route myself n children on water ways by that time. . I blame the death of those innocent children on their parent.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Esama: 7:55am On Jul 10, 2022
Did you go school at all.
DMerciful:

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by wandyvirus(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2022
Now you are concerned about the people that died. That's a good first step to realizing what the real issues are. The poor defending the rich? Bipolar?

Incoherent? You are just matching words that makes absolutely zero sense. Again I know your genetically Inherited brain cannot fathom how to make your points and offer your argument in a way that typifies logic.

You jump from Safety and enforcement to Tinubu, then back to people who lost their lives. Let's pick one. Then we can have a conversation.
I will help you.

DMerciful:
You're defending mediocity with all your might. What are you benefitting?

Look at your incoherent response like a bipolar person. So the people that died are not humans?

I wonder why the poor defend the rich that care less about them. Abeg run along
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by kaludestiny10(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Don't be angry o, are you related to Tinubu? If no, then I will advice that you channel all these energy from you to something productive because he doesn't care if you exist or not. He is only interested in his life ambition.
Tomilola360:

Just like the sacrifice your ppl do when they gave your widowed mother the bath water from your late dads corpse to drink.

Oloriburuku oshi
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by UncleJudax(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
The rules says no night travel by boats in Lagos state, and always wear your life jackets, but Nigerians remain dumb to this these simple rules and instructions,
You too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coup: Aircraft Conveying Nigerian Pilgrims Trapped In Niger, Says MaxAir / Moving To Benin Republic / Johannesburg (south Africa) Picture Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.