Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi (682 Views)

2023: Journalist Quits Job To Support Peter Obi’s Presidential Bid / How Much Do You Think Atiku Spent On Campaigning For The 2019 Presidential Elect / Man Campaigning For Buhari Attacked In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Marvlehazle: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2022
Favour Bassey Otu, a professional Broadcast Journalist has called it quits with Silverbird Television.

As Journalists are not allowed to participate in politics, she decided to suspend her journalism career for some time.

She went further to state that after the election, she will apply for a media job with Arise or Channels Tv stations or maybe even start up her business.

They said a journalist must be non-partisan (unbiased and fair). So I resigned my position with @SilverbirdTV to throw my full support on @PeterObi , after the elections next year, I'll apply for a media job maybe with @channelstv or @ARISEtv or start up my business. pic.twitter.com/gatmMkJm6N

— Favour Bassey Otu (@FavourBasseyO) July 9, 2022

Some reactions:

@DanielRegha: Quitting ur well paying job to support Peter Obi or any other candidate, is an unwise decision; U are n¤t smart cos these politicians may be a people's person but they d¤n't care about u. Have u asked urself what happens if Peter Obi doesn't win the presidential election? Think.

@if_else_if: You dey whine yourself �.

Shame, many people still thinks she did this outside the influence of politics.

Who leaves a job to support a politician if he/she won't be rewarded by the politician.

The way you paint this tweet is as funny as possible.�

@JosephOnuorah:Wow � what a sacrifice

God bless you Sister - hopefully all these will be worth it

Nigeria �� has the potential to be great but people have to pull together to make it happen

May God sustain you all through the struggle till the Victory is won!

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/07/popular-journalist-quits-her-job-with.html

Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by ebexofficial: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
Ate you for real?
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Ifiegboria(m): 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
Cool
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by mycar: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
I guess she was not been paid well or her station wanted her to DE campaign Obi because I believe it's something she could do together. she could create a different online identify for herself and campaign for him and as long as she does not use her broadcast medium for campaign, she should be good. She can even go into house to house campaign.
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by eunisam: 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
People are getting OBIDIENT every hour.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by dawnomike(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
She should forget about getting a job at Arise TV after she has been OBIDIENT and YUSFUL

1 Like

Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by christejames(m): 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2022
She is indeed OBIdient and wants to see the country work...

Don't worry ma, with the New Nigeria coming on stream next year, you won't need to stress yourself for work cool
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Chiboy419: 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
This is just the beginning b grin

The earlier you guys start seeing peter obi as your next president the better for you

Just forget about all this nonsense...
This election is between christian and muslim,,and their are many muslim candidate contesting for this election

1 Like

Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Oilwell(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
God bless her for this huge sacrifice

Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Kingspin(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2022
There is no way Tinubu or Atiku than Obi.
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by doggedfighter(f): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
Thank you, sis.

For all your labour of love.
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Abfinest007(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
Only God can stop obi not even death
Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2022
Paid urchins just left the group chat cheesy

Re: Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi by Great0ne1: 7:46am On Jul 10, 2022
eunisam:
People are getting OBIDIENT every hour.

Every second my brother. Even mr tinubu will become obidient, just before the election. This is my prediction

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Organisers Must Regret Airing The Show At This Tense Political Period / Finally Wike And Tinubu's Discussion Exposed / Peter Obi Gets Hotel As Campaign Office From Fayose, Sound System From Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.