Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? (9709 Views)

Top Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In May / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Obanosisi(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns !
Himns are always inspirational and edifying.

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by tctrills: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns are gospel songs. It makes no sense to compare hymns to gospel song because they are one and the very same.

2 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Oppataod: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns are better

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Eaglesence: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Nezzjnr:
I'll choose hymns over Gospel Songs because the pattern is cool... Connects one easily.... No too much noise and credible lyrics.

Hymn
Both joor
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by timstone(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2022
virginprincess:
I love both,but most pentecostals like me would actually prefer gospel songs.

Pentirascal !
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Lamasta(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns its full of spirit filled lyrics not connects you to the heavenlies
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by tctrills: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Nezzjnr:
I'll choose hymns over Gospel Songs because the pattern is cool... Connects one easily.... No too much noise and credible lyrics.
Please note, your post does not make much sense because hynms are gospel songs.

2 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Iseoluwani: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns

Hymns have deep spiritual meaning and have the tenacity to last long unlike Gospel songs which max can take just 5yrs to last

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Iseoluwani: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns

Hymns have deep spiritual meaning and have the tenacity to last long unlike Gospel songs which max can take just 5yrs to last smiley
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Obanosisi(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2022
I love hymns right from my secondary school days.
So I prefer hymns

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Hezmatosky: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2022
I prefer hymns. I used to enjoy gospel music when I was little before Christ embassy started recruiting noise makers for us sad

2 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Emmanuelellah: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2022
Both of them are good . Both of them serve for their best time. A time for every of them

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by DevilSignature: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2022
Antoeni:
Real Churches Like
Catholic
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist
Sings in Hymns

While Those Washing & Setting Pentecostal Churches Sings Anything
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by ezicospot(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2022
crafteck:
How is this a sensible fp topic abeg

rebellious soul you got
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Asour: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns ARE gospel songs from time past.

What you call gospel songs are CONTEMPORARY Christian songs.

TIME, I believe, is what distinguishes both.

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by kingmsookwagh(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns Mad o,!

That hymn song during Lenten season -

Jesus Lord i asked for mercy
Let me not implore in vain
All my sins, I now detest them
Never will I sin again.

That song connects me to God more than anything.
There's just nothing as powerful as hymns...
If you're be a Catholic, you will know..

2 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by immortalmortal: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymn no be gospel song?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Nezzjnr: 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:

Please note, your post does not make much sense because hynms are gospel songs.
They're not.

There's a reason it's called hymns

2 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Prudoh(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by otokx(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Convention107: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns any day any time with psalms..
God bless the souls of Isaac Watts, Fanny crosby, Wesley and everyone that has contributed to writing and singing of hymns

3 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by tctrills: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nezzjnr:

They're not.

What is a gospel song? It's a song that expresses the gospel of Jesus Christ. How is a hynm not a gospel song? It's clear you have no idea what a hynm is.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by crafteck(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
ezicospot:

rebellious soul you got

Objective one
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Prudoh(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nezzjnr:
They're not.
Why is it called Hymn?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
You are not meant to prefer any......Hymns and Gospel songs are used in different atmospheric conditions to usher in a worship to God......

So love both of them for the edification of your soul ....

For with Hymns we invite the host of heavens to an agreement and with Gospel songs we invited the whole heavens into a dancing, praising and worshipping God himself ....
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by LIGHTROOM: 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
God fearing gospel
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by timilehin007(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
Antoeni:
Real Churches Like
Catholic
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist
Sings in Hymns

While Those Washing & Setting Pentecostal Churches Sings Anything
Celestia churches too barely sings gospel...I can say they don't even find it as part of their doctrines... but when it's time got hymns... I swear it feels like they are not of this world again...I personally prefer hymns anyday...it feels like they were written by angel and it has this feelings of connecting one to the spiritual realm
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by LIGHTROOM: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Gospel, but most of our known gospel singers have joined secret cult, some have joined bad gang, some have joined hard guys, some have joined beard gang while some have joined politics
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by ahamonyeka(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymn is one of the part i enjoy in church as a seventh day adventist.i can sing it all day
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by iamlahmee(m): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
hymns got this Deep message that touches the soul
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Tonygeesm(m): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns. My best song ever is catholic hymn 199 Nearer my God to thee. Sang in titanic

3 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Lamanii22(f): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns cause it’s so deep and true…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evidences That God Exist / Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities / Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.