Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? (9731 Views)

Top Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In May / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by jammmy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
hymns jawe!
the stand the test of time,esp hymns like'softly and tenderly'thz hymn has bn in existence more than 60yrs ago and the still add meanings to our life
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
All hymns are Gospel songs but not all Gospel songs are hymns.

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Ballzproblemm: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
NICENEDU29:
My dear, you are very correct. You have just reminded me of those good old days in Secondary School that are still fresh in my memory. The way we used to sing hymns those days in Secondary School are the reason why I still love singing hymns so much even up till this very day. In fact, Gospel songs don't even move me the way hymns move me
I)
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by therajah: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
This question does not make sense? Are hymns not gospel songs?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Sheerbliss: 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
On Christ the solid rock i stand
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by babavik: 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
hymn ,God I love hymn ,that time for secondary School na so we go dey carry hymn for without even looking at the. booklet cheesy ,in fact e turn to competition cheesy,aah the good ol days ,not this tik tok generation
It seems you're a methodist? Or you attended their mission school grin grin
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by babavik: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns any day any time grin grin.
That was one of the most valueble thing i learnt at methodist high school grin
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Saatman(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
What a friend we have in Jesus ❤️
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by dannex4adx(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nezzjnr:
I'll choose hymns over Gospel Songs because the pattern is cool... Connects one easily.... No too much noise and credible lyrics.

Trust and Obey.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Johnchrix(m): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
Gospel song, sinach
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Wpp1: 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
None
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by brainhgeek(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Depends on my mood but I listen to gospel songs more. I am picky with hymns.
I am sure.mamy people mentioning hymns here have more gospel songs on their phones and rarely listen to hymns
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Akpan107(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nezzjnr:
I'll choose hymns over Gospel Songs because the pattern is cool... Connects one easily.... No too much noise and credible lyrics.
Hymns,
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by DOM7: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
Depends on the season of life
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by OVB123: 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
Antoeni:
Real Churches Like
Catholic
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist
Sings in Hymns

While Those Washing & Setting Pentecostal Churches Sings Anything
Do u mean that pentecostal churches are not real churches?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by BigDawsNet: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Lexkenny99(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns oh especially that he arose hymn, takes me back to those days in st.mary's mass choir... Mhenn grin
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Nemesis08(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Give me hymn any day, any time
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by danfourtson(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns any day any time.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Agugbadin: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thank you lord by Don Moen
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by ahamonyeka(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Maxpro121:
.org

Regards bro
You remind me of E. G. White
hailings to you my brother.today is not sabbath but all thesame happy sabbath!
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by OblorOblor: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
If you appreciate classics, you'd realise that hymns are on a different level; carefully composed, ageless, edifying, with sublime rhymes.

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Ilerioluwa02: 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
In Christ alone, my hope is found...
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Antoeni(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Exactly
OVB123:
Do u mean that pentecostal churches are not real churches?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by dahunsi12(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns, hymns and hymns
Hymns, hymns and hymns
Hymns, hymns and hymns

I love Hymns
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Emdebby2: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Any awaiting award?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Adjovi: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns have a kinda a spiritual vibes to it. They hit differently.
Nearer my God to thee
Through the love of Christ our saviour, all week be well.
When peace like a river.
Ho! My comrades see the signal waving in the sky.
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah praise the lord.
Is my name written there.
Come holy spirit, dark is the hour.
Pass me not o gentle saviour
Our father and our God accept our songs of praise.
He gave to me a seal.
Forever with the lord, amen so let it be.
Thine for ever thine for ever.
Holy holy holy
My hope is built on nothing less

The Yoruba versions of these songs hits even harder. Yoruba get deep meanings o

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Bukfun(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
There should not be differences between hymns and gospel songs if gospel songs are gospel songs indeed, both should come from the inspiration of God. Where are new hymns nowadays? See a lot of so called gospel songs everywhere, we need those that can stand the test of time.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Rashidiamoda: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns..
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by harmony75: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
All both hymes, worship and praise.. Hymes are classics so sometimes you need to freestyle in praise worships you clap your hands and dance ���
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
anyone, as long as its lifting. Everyone has their preferences.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by timilehin007(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Antoeni:
We Are Talking of Churches Who Sings Hymns or Worship Here .
And You Are Mentioning Celestial
pls for God sake I do not have the nerve to argue or pick up quarrel here. I'd say you are the one who doesn't know the meaning of hymn ...if you are used to Celestia, even most of these white garment churches dey don't fancy gospel or worship songs...so you are the one confusing you sef as me seems

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day / Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.