Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

I Was Disgraced In Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Disgraced In Church Today (762 Views)

REVEALED!!!! How Odumeje Was Disgraced, Arrested In Anambra State (photo) / My Take On How Mbaka Disgraced Peter Obi: Alter Of Mbaka, Not Of God / Rev Fr Mbaka's Prophecies For 2018: "Buhari, Contest & Be Disgraced In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Disgraced In Church Today by officialmario(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good day to everyone..
An incident happened to me in church today and I felt embarrassed, there is this woman that I'm owing #6,400 for foodstuffs for the past three weeks, I paid # #2500 from the money and promise to balance her whenever I have money, this woman walked in during the program, this is her first time of coming to our church,i felt like the ground should swallow me when she entered the church,. I was sitting at the choir stand, I felt like urinating on my body on sighting the woman..
I didn't concentrate throughout the program, I was thinking of what to tell this woman after the program, I wanted to run away before the end of the program but I summoned courage to wait till the end of the program, this woman was already waiting outside and on getting outside I greeted her but the way she responded was bad, she started shouting and created a scene ,i tried to explain the situation of things to her and also calm her down,but people had started gathering around us,she was now explaining to people how I collected the foodstuffs, I felt like crying, I really feel bad, i have not been humiliated this way in public,but all thanks to the pastor that assisted me in paying 2k out of the money with the hope that I will come and balance her later...
This is the first time something like this is happening to me and I don't feel comfortable, how will people look at me next week Sunday?
Have you ever experienced such before?
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by God1000(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
That's very bad of her, why humiliating you in such a way and manner even when you pleaded, she's dreadful and diabolical
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Imagine if you were owing her 2million she would have entered the church with cutlass.

Its a nigerian thing, anyone that feels they have more money than you would always try to oppress.

Now my question is.. out of allll the offering money.. the pastor could only give you 2k?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
This one loud o

No just reason am, u no dey go church because of anybody, anyhow dem like make dem look u, u no get business with them...
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by officialmario(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thantayo:
Imagine if you were owing her 2million she would have entered the church with cutlass.

Its a nigerian thing, anyone that feels they have more money than you would always try to oppress.

Now my question is.. out of allll the offering money.. the pastor could only give you 2k?

He was able to help with 2k out of the money...its not really a big Church..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Cypress042(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Op ofcourse you've bleeped up, who never bleep up hands in the air !

Anyways op there are some words you used up there that isn't right.

Now imagine a scenario where someone oweing you tells you he would pay you whenever he has the money, how would you feel ? And secondly she didn't humiliate you, she was simply asking for her money. Remember you never said how long you've been oweing her wink

She's angry because she might have been going cool with you, still you don't want to pay her cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by slimjohn2k5: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
That's really shameful, but I think you have owed her for too long and moved on to buy things from another shop.

If all these loan sharks know our churches, they for don do same.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by eddynaira125: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
What I was expecting is that, a member or executive of the church settle the bill, the woman and your church is terrible
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Mariangeles(f): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
The church is the least place you should ever feel disgraced or ashamed.
In fact, I would've been very very disappointed if no one had come to your rescue.
I would've advised you to leave that place.

Open up to your pastor or someone you feel comfortable opening up to, and ask for help.
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by officialmario(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
That's really shameful, but I think you have owed her for too long and moved on to buy things from another shop.

If all these loan sharks know our churches, they for don do same.
It's not up to 3weeks....
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Kosoco(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pay her the money please..... You're owing someone and dey feel ashamed....
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Omo! Why you go shame? Tell am you no get. If she insist pull your shoes and give her. When you get you come and collect your shoes.

Anyone wey put mouth. Tell make he or she offer you a good job say you go accept at the spot.

Person wey dey shame no fit live this country.

But you Sha no dey buy things on credit.
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Greatzeus(m): 3:43am On Jul 11, 2022
A woman you are owing walked into a church for the first time,and after service she was waiting for you to come out,so she can collect her money?
Did she know you attend that church?
If she needed her money badly,why didn't she come to your house to ask?
At least she must have known you very well before giving you foodstuffs on credit worth N6400.
Sometimes I wonder the motive behind some ridiculously fake threads you guys create here. In your case it's not far fetched you want to gather pity and hope someone send you his hard earned money. Lazy youth.
Ain't you even ashamed to be writing this? A grown as s man owing 6400.
Most of you youths are debtors and beggers today because of your lifestyle,Op is broke but ask him if he has a GF he still fend for in his broke state, drink,smoke and play bets.
and live beyond his means.
After graduation years ago when I couldn't get a job,I opted for teaching,I was being paid little,yet I never once bought anything on credit till I left the teaching job,whereas some of my colleagues,who were also single as I was, go broke after 2 weeks,then they start borrowing,by the time they collect their salary they pay their debt,use the remaining for 2 weeks and the cycle continues.
When I got a new job with atleast 4 times my teaching job salary, saving was so easy for me because I was used to being frugal.
Most of you debtors and beggers live larger than your creditors, you wear better clothes,eat more expensive food and use bigger phones than those who earn 10 times than you do.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Image123(m): 4:28am On Jul 11, 2022
officialmario:
Good day to everyone..
An incident happened to me in church today and I felt embarrassed, there is this woman that I'm owing #6,400 for foodstuffs for the past three weeks, I paid # #2500 from the money and promise to balance her whenever I have money, this woman walked in during the program, this is her first time of coming to our church,i felt like the ground should swallow me when she entered the church,. I was sitting at the choir stand, I felt like urinating on my body on sighting the woman..
I didn't concentrate throughout the program, I was thinking of what to tell this woman after the program, I wanted to run away before the end of the program but I summoned courage to wait till the end of the program, this woman was already waiting outside and on getting outside I greeted her but the way she responded was bad, she started shouting and created a scene ,i tried to explain the situation of things to her and also calm her down,but people had started gathering around us,she was now explaining to people how I collected the foodstuffs, I felt like crying, I really feel bad, i have not been humiliated this way in public,but all thanks to the pastor that assisted me in paying 2k out of the money with the hope that I will come and balance her later...
This is the first time something like this is happening to me and I don't feel comfortable, how will people look at me next week Sunday?
Have you ever experienced such before?

You need to pay up your debts, Jesus did not pay that one. A borrower is servant to the lender as the Bible says. So expect it or don't borrow.
Re: I Was Disgraced In Church Today by Elchappo: 5:47am On Jul 11, 2022
Op, I believe u deserved it..
I have found out that most people find it difficult to pay up their debt, claiming no money but if u investigate, u would actually find out they ve money for other things but not for paying up debts..
U know within yourself, that u ve been avoiding that woman for a while which prompted her to act that way..

I ve turned to a man who forgives debt but this week, I would surprise a supposed friend who no longer picks my call and avoids his office since judges are on break..

(1) (Reply)

To All Christians!!! / Who Should I Believe In This Case?? / Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.