Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister (49565 Views)

Speaker Lindsay Hoyle And Kemi Badenoch Clash In The House Of Common (Video) / Kemi Badenoch Appointed UK Women & Equalities Minister / Kemi Badenoch Appointed Secretary Of State For International Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by NairaLux(f): 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nigerian, Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest in Becoming Britain’s next Prime Minister

Nigerian-born British Member of Parliament, Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch, has announced her interest in running for leader of the Conservative Party and Prime Minister.

The 42-year-old Badenoch made her declaration public when she spoke to The Times on Friday.

Switch Nigeria reported the resignation of Boris Johnson on Thursday, a move that has now left the number 1 position vacant.

According to the BBC, former chancellor Rishi Sunak – who threw his hat into the ring on Friday, is one of the high profile names also running.

However, a No 10 source has told the BBC there was “real disappointment” with him in Downing Street. Many see him as being disloyal to the outgoing Johnson, whom many believe was the one who made him.

Badenoch who in her talk with the Times said she will run a limited government and also “tell the truth,” is joined by Attorney General Suella Braverman and Senior Conservative backbencher Tom Tugendhat, in indicating interest in becoming the PM.

Meanwhile, others tipped to be considering joining the race include former health secretary Sajid Javid, current Defence Secretary Ben Wallace, and former foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt.

A timetable for the Tory leadership race is due to be confirmed next week and the new prime minister is expected to be in position by September.

Johnson had said on Thursday that he will remain in office until the new Prime Minister is elected.
https://guardian.ng/news/nigerian-kemi-badenoch-launches-bid-for-uks-pm/

72 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by PresidObi: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
And she's not 75 years old? grin

274 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Unzerious: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
She is Obedient and Conservative grin

I Praise her Passion though. Victory or not, she's a Luminary.

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by NwaNimo1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
Joke of the century.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]

113 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by GoooodHardDick: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
You see how young that girl look? This is exactly what peter Obi is trying to do for Nigerians but some Tinubu urchins said no!

If You Believe Obi's Supporters Are Wasting Their Time Then Why Aren't You Happy For Your Candidate?

I see Peter Obi emerging victoriously in 2023 general elections

This i have

288 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Urheadmaster(m): 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Joke of the century.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]

How is it a joke of the century

Is it not better to try than not try at all tongue

Even Tinubu a loser like him still went ahead to

Try tongue

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Earlystar698(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
I wish her the best but UK is not US

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by 2elliot: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
While Nigerians are allowed to run and get elected into offices in other countries, some zombies will rather die than allow a section of the country lead. And they wonder why things are the way they are.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Stargangz: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
This is what we call a liberal democratic government. If na 9ja, one certain Lagos street urchin from Iragbiji would have invaded the parliament with MC Oluomo shouting Emilokan up and down. God bless the United Kingdom!

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by RedChiefPriest: 6:33am On Jul 11, 2022
I don't know her,she no sabi me too but I hope she wins.

Dj! 1 keg of palmwine make I use clear my eyes well
Barman! Play me "A Queen and More" by Wasiu Ayinde and Priyanka Chopra.

19 Likes

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by kerry57: 6:33am On Jul 11, 2022
Believe in ur dream and work towards it, it will come through even if not today, one day it will be a testimony. I with am u Kemi.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by God1000(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2022
Good, wishing her all the best

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Moh247: 6:34am On Jul 11, 2022
cool

Emi lokan

Yoruba Lokan

Nigeria lokan

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Pearl008: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2022
Ok.

Does she has the experience capacity and capability to head the post?

Well, there system is more sane than ours shaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by robinso01(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Go make us proud

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Fryzi(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Success

1 Like

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by BigDawsNet: 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Try your luck girl

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Elidrisy20: 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Na craze dey worry her

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Menace2Society(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Obi supporters people are terrible

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Goldenkrezi: 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
She's wasting her time

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Johnjanrt: 6:36am On Jul 11, 2022
cool
When will our Nigeria become this civilised?
No to politics of:
Religion
Tribe
Region

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Seniorwriter(m): 6:37am On Jul 11, 2022
Hope she's not one of those Girls with big gods!

@Seniorwriter
Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Moh247: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
You see how young that girl look? This is exactly what peter Obi is trying to do for Nigerians but some Tinubu urchins said no!

If You Believe Obi's Supporters Are Wasting Their Time Then Why Aren't You Happy For Your Candidate?

I see Peter Obi emerging victoriously in 2013 general elections

This i have

61 year old grandfather Peter Obi

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by ExoticPlanner(f): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2022
Congratulations to her in advance.
Like for Tinubu, Share for Obi. Let's settle this once and for all.

In another news,
I play this on Repeat daily, if you have not downloaded this Song that has been taking over Radiowaves, you are getting late. I so much love where he says "Put your trust in God, because humanbeing na human being!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXTYM7L_RUA

25 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 11, 2022
She wouldn't be given a chance if she was in a party like APC. What does that tell you about APC? Avoid them and vote Peter Obi.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Adliperd: 6:38am On Jul 11, 2022
Wish her the best

1 Like

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Lindseyrd: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2022
Earlystar698:
I wish her the best but UK is not US
UK is by far more tolerant towards ethnic minorities than the US.

18 Likes

Re: Kemi Badenoch Indicates Interest In Becoming Britain’s Next Prime Minister by Ppogbae: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2022
She already has 13 endorsements from her fellow MPs, so clearly a considerable amount of people believe in her ambition

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S. Welcomes The Remains Of Soldiers Who Died 68 Years Ago In Korea War (Pics) / Over 350 Pilot Whales Dead In Australia's Worst Stranding In History (Photos) / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.