Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad (428 Views)

Must I Become A Programmer To Own A Start-up? / Elearning Website Development: Top 12 Tips For Creating A Successful Marketplace / Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Savagr(m): 2:05am On Jul 11, 2022
Hello
I've got a startup idea that am still grooming and I will be launching it when the time is right.
Now the issue is, is there an emerging market here in nigeria for tech companies apart from fintech or will I be more successful abroad.
Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Runningwater(m): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
You could brainstorm around trending tech fields like AI & ML, Blockchain, Healthcare tech, Cybersecurity etc wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Savagr:
Hello
I've got a startup idea that am still grooming and I will be launching it when the time is right.
Now the issue is, is there an emerging market here in nigeria for tech companies apart from fintech or will I be more successful abroad.

A game studio, as the gaming industry in Nigeria is next to nothing right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Savagr(m): 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Think4Myself:

A game studio, as the gaming industry in Nigeria is next to nothing right now
the gaming industry will start gaining ground soon
Just as crypto is doing now
But revolutionary tech won't because nigeria and Nigerians will frustrate it.
Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Savagr(m): 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Runningwater:
You could brainstorm around trending tech fields like AI & ML, Blockchain, Healthcare tech, Cybersecurity etc wink
All these can't work in nigeria at the moment

1 Like

Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Runningwater(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2022
Savagr:
All these can't work in nigeria at the moment

Really??
It's either you create the path or you wait for others to create for you to follow. Your choice.

I just responded to you on areas you could look into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Savagr(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Runningwater:

Really??
It's either you create the path or you wait for others to create for you to follow. Your choice.

I just responded to you on areas you could look into.
okay
I only believe that the market for it here is Limited

1 Like

Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by adelnehis(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2022
Launch from Nigeria and build for the world.
Even if you build here doesn't mean your users must be Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating A Start-up In Nigeria Or Abroad by Savagr(m): 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
adelnehis:
Launch from Nigeria and build for the world.
Even if you build here doesn't mean your users must be Nigerian
Kind of fact here
But don't you think the government will be an obstacle
Just like they were to PATRICIA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Who Knows A Better Way To Debug In React? / Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.