Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,652 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (11010 Views)

Photos Of Rescued Females From Sambisa Forest / Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? / Youths Chase Women In Trousers In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by lepasharon(f): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2011
WAT KINDA FOOLISHNESS?? angry angry HW IS TROUSERS INDECENT?? AWON BASTARDS!
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by emmatok(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
gungume:

Thank God plateau is a christian state, if na kano or bauchi the type of insult and abuses on islam would have been morethan this.

LOL, hear Muslims calling Plateau a Christian State for the first time.

Did the GOVT. says he got his law from the Bible?

I remember the-same law was enacted in Lagos some years ago, and it died naturaly.

This law will also die with time.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
I think Moslem women to wear trousers
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by okooyinbo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2011
jedisco (m)
Nigeria

Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt
« #17 on: Today at 21:20:45 »

Quote from: oyb on Today at 19:53:01
fresh air

so much for all that women blah blah

Mr. Man what has this got to do with fresh air? The other day some ACN governors were deporting ghanians for no reason and you all blamed it on our leaders now its a PDP governor and u come with fresh air.
The fact that they gave reasons for their actions shows they are more civilized than those who give no reasons - that is fresh air

Common, will you use your sense if you are arguing? If the person you are countering has thrown sense to the winds, does that mean you too should? Or are you having reading and comprehensional deficiency? When did ACN started governing KWARA and ONDO states?
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
I am in supprt of this law, trousers makes entry difficult, But with skirts na one time sharp sharp

Meedu:

I entered a bus once in lagos, a woman was preaching about a chapter/verse in the Bible that forbids women from dressing or wearing clothing's similar to men; I think she said something like "Deuteronomy"

What is the definition of a cloth for men and women?

The scottish tradition makes a man wear skirt, Jesis wore a Gown in his lifetime same with Mohammed, have they violated these laws?
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Natasha2(f): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
Rubbish I would prefer a girl putting on a trouser no matter how tight than a girl wearing a short skirt, but like WTF how is trouser indecent?
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by olaolabiy: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2011
Useless people.

Even Muslims wear trousers in cold countries
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by okooyinbo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
And a big portion of Nigeria was not having dress not to mention indecent clothing before Oyinbo come give them apple chop o.

Are there no Nigerians / Plateaurians that could challenge this madness in a competent court of law?
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by olaolabiy: 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2011
Meedu:

I entered a bus once in lagos, a woman was preaching about a chapter/verse in the Bible that forbids women from dressing or wearing clothing's similar to men; I think she said something like "Deuteronomy"

Deuteronomy that her forefathers knew nothing about.

The Oyinbos who brought the religion to our shores wore/wear trousers.

We are black . . . . . in every term.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2011
Iro and buba is ok then.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by olaolabiy: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Iro and buba is ok then.
Why is not okay for Muslims and Christians in Nigeria but okay for these religions in Europe, for example?
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Natasha2(f): 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
ola olabiy:

Useless people.

Even Muslims wear trousers in cold countries
they also wear trousers in Nigeria
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by okadaman2: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
Natasha,,:

Rubbish I would prefer a girl putting on a trouser no matter how tight than a girl wearing a short skirt, but like WTF how is trouser indecent?

Correct gal, Oya climb my okada.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
If this was yankee I no fit shout. Easier to get intimate harassment lawsuit. Since there's no such thing for Naija, they should be allowed to wear trousers. They can't be that backwards in Plateau lol. Two examples of work attire. Trouser na safer option, especially for Naija, where some men find it difficult controlling themselves:

[center] [/center]
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by bashydemy(m): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
Na real wah make them dey tie wrapper now
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by nagoma(m): 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
You will remember that plateau state ( JOS - Jesus Our Saviour) have killed all the muslims who they said are non indegenes. Mr. Jonah Jang ( the governor) and Mr. Moses Gwom ( the head of service) must have taken this dress code straight out of the bible.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by God2man(m): 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
Deuteronomy 22:5" the woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God". The issue here borders on logical reasoning. Men are visually oriented, they react very fast to what they see, this could lead to rape, murder, assault. You see, sin is like a chain, you move from lust to rape, from rape to abortion, from abortion to murder and so on. God is wiser than men, he knows what is best for mankind, God is all knowing, he knows everything, you know he is our creator, he wants the best for mankind. God is love, he wants us to leave peacefully, but unfortunately, man choosed death instead of life. Every God's law is to make us better. Now, what are we doing? Even if women are not wearing trousers, some men that does not have enough gift of self control or ability to control their passion, (this also apply to teenagers) will fall flat to any dressing put on by a lady. So, when you now talk of indecent dressing, like women wearing trousers, shorts, mini-skirts, low blouses, sleeveless shirts, tight clothing, tight jeans, pants, body hugging, see through blouses bikini and so on, all these cloth whet men's appetite for sex and ignite the fire of lust. And you see God will not take it lightly with any lady that made innocent soul to fall into the sin of immorality. Therefore, dress in a Godly way, dress in a way to influence people to behave properly, you know cloth can speak, they have voices, they can trap you, may God help the son of adam. Moreover, our lives are like grain of seeds, everybody is sowing a seed everyday. Your voice is a seed, your smile is a seed, your dressing is seed, even as we are on this nairaland forum, we are all planting seeds into the life of people, we should be careful, the kind of seed , we are planting. God bless you. God2man. leave peacefully, but unfortunately, man choosed death instead of life. Every God's law is to make us better. Now, what are we doing? Even if women are not wearing trousers, some men that does not have enough gift of self control or ability to control their passion, (this also apply to teenagers) will fall flat to any dressing put on by a lady. So, when you now talk of indecent dressing, like women wearing trousers, shorts, mini-skirts, low blouses, sleeveless shirts, tight clothing, tight jeans, pants, body hugging, see through blouses bikini and so on, all these cloth whet men's appetite for sex and ignite the fire of lust. And you see God will not take it lightly with any lady that made innocent soul to fall into the sin of immorality. Therefore, dress in a Godly way, dress in a way to influence people to behave properly, you know cloth can speak, they have voices, they can trap you, may God help the son of adam. Moreover, our lives are like grain of seeds, everybody is sowing a seed everyday. Your voice is a seed, your smile is a seed, your dressing is seed, even as we are on this nairaland forum, we are all planting seeds into the life of people, we should be careful, the kind of seed , we are planting. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by God2man(m): 12:00am On Jul 28, 2011
Deuteronomy 22:5" the woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God". The issue here borders on logical reasoning. Men are visually oriented, they react very fast to what they see, this could lead to rape, murder, assault. You see, sin is like a chain, you move from lust to rape, from rape to abortion, from abortion to murder and so on. God is wiser than men, he knows what is best for mankind, God is all knowing, he knows everything, you know he is our creator, he wants the best for mankind. God is love, he wants us to leave peacefully, but unfortunately, man choosed death instead of life. Every God's law is to make us better. Now, what are we doing? Even if women are not wearing trousers, some men that does not have enough gift of self control or ability to control their passion, (this also apply to teenagers) will fall flat to any dressing put on by a lady. So, when you now talk of indecent dressing, like women wearing trousers, shorts, mini-skirts, low blouses, sleeveless shirts, tight clothing, tight jeans, pants, body hugging, see through blouses bikini and so on, all these cloth whet men's appetite for sex and ignite the fire of lust. And you see God will not take it lightly with any lady that made innocent soul to fall into the sin of immorality. Therefore, dress in a Godly way, dress in a way to influence people to behave properly, you know cloth can speak, they have voices, they can trap you, may God help the son of adam. Moreover, our lives are like grain of seeds, everybody is sowing a seed everyday. Your voice is a seed, your smile is a seed, your dressing is seed, even as we are on this nairaland forum, we are all planting seeds into the life of people, we should be careful, the kind of seed , we are planting. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by bashydemy(m): 12:13am On Jul 28, 2011
why post twice
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 28, 2011
God2man:
Deuteronomy 22:5" the woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God". The issue here borders on logical reasoning. Men are visually oriented, they react very fast to what they see, this could lead to violation, murder, assault. You see, sin is like a chain, you move from lust to violation, from violation to abortion, from abortion to murder and so on. God is wiser than men, he knows what is best for mankind, God is all knowing, he knows everything, you know he is our creator, he wants the best for mankind. God is love, he wants us to leave peacefully, but unfortunately, man choosed death instead of life. Every God's law is to make us better. Now, what are we doing? Even if women are not wearing trousers, some men that does not have enough gift of self control or ability to control their passion, (this also apply to teenagers) will fall flat to any dressing put on by a lady. So, when you now talk of[b] indecent dressing, like women wearing trousers, shorts, mini-skirts, low blouses, sleeveless shirts, tight clothing, tight jeans, pants, body hugging, see through blouses bikini and so on, all these cloth whet men's appetite for sex and ignite the fire of lust.[/b] And you see God will not take it lightly with any lady that made innocent soul to fall into the sin of immorality. Therefore, dress in a Godly way, dress in a way to influence people to behave properly, you know cloth can speak, they have voices, they can trap you, may God help the son of adam. Moreover, our lives are like grain of seeds, everybody is sowing a seed everyday. Your voice is a seed, your smile is a seed, your dressing is seed, even as we are on this nairaland forum, we are all planting seeds into the life of people, we should be careful, the kind of seed , we are planting. God bless you. God2man.

If men are that vulnerable and lack self-control, then just call them untamed animals with low IQ. Maybe women should dress like this:

[img]http://www.tznius.com/images/products/cordwrapnavy.GIF[/img]

Although in that one there is too much arm showing.

What about Irish men wearing traditional Irish attire, kilts? Are they sinners too?
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2011
ogugua88:

If this was yankee I no fit shout. Easier to get intimate harassment lawsuit. Since there's no such thing for Naija, they should be allowed to wear trousers. They can't be that backwards in Plateau lol. Two examples of work attire. Trouser na safer option, especially for Naija, where some men find it difficult controlling themselves:

[center] [/center]

You just gave me an idea for my presentation.

Cut half of the red skirt off and we have a winner!
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 28, 2011
it all depends on the type of trouser in question. if it is too revealing then it may be considred indecent otherwise no. since most ladies prefer the overly revealing type then I would say I support the state government on this action and advise all other state government to emulate Jos state.

peace be on you all
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by naijaking1: 2:10am On Jul 28, 2011
Plateau, what a shame embarassed
When men begin to run around chasing women in the name of "fixing" their attire, it simply tells you that the men have no work to do cool
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by toyemz(f): 2:43am On Jul 28, 2011
na wa oh
see Nigeria and double standards
isn't the part of the NYSC trousers?
don't Muslims wear trousers as part of their dressing
don't we have Nigerian attires that have trousers as a part

Let me understand this one oh
what is the basis for stopping women wearing trousers in plateau states of all states?
would some one pls explain this to me!
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by logica(m): 2:56am On Jul 28, 2011
Good question. That appears to be a conundrum. Will they turn back female NYSC members visiting government offices wearing their government issued uniforms? I'm sure the dimwits didn't think about that one.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Rhino5dm: 3:00am On Jul 28, 2011
If you want to wear trousers then leave the state! More like if you want same-sex marriage in the US, you should then move to the states allowing it. If wearing trousie is harmful to their societal values then they should BAN it. Afteral some states banned Okada riders, some deport despot & beggers, some stops the selling of Alchohol, some outlawed Ashewo. . .and on and on!
I wouldn't sit down on my laptop, with Mcdonalds cookies and coke typing rubbish or trying to dictate to others. You are all free to walk-away!
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by oge4real(f): 3:48am On Jul 28, 2011
So all the problems in plateau state have been solved to warrant the undue attention to trouser wearing? Shior!!
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by BetaThings: 6:18am On Jul 28, 2011
emmatok:

LOL, hear Muslims calling Plateau a Christian State for the first time.

Did the GOVT. says he got his law from the Bible?

I remember the-same law was enacted in Lagos some years ago, and it died naturaly.

This law will also die with time.

Your hatred of Islam makes it difficult for you to accept the truth
1. Show us where muslims have always said that Plateau is not a christian state
2. The agitation has always been about Jos, Jos North in particular
3. Even then the guy is really talking about Plateau state government - check the names of the people in the story
4. Again, if Kano or Sokoto sate had taken this decision, you would not have asked if it was taken from the Qur'an, you would have proceeded to attack Islam.
4. Why are you the only person contesting the truth of his observation that any action taken in the core North is ascribed to Islam, even if the governor ACTUALLY prays less than 5 times daily.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by Jakumo(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2011
It is not enough that women in certain puritanical states of the Nigerian federation should be forced to dress in discarded food sacks as punishment for being of the female gender.  It is a well known fact that sexually frustrated men will drool and fantasize over ANY female of ANY species, regardless of how she is dressed, which means of course that a more lasting resolution must be implemented to prevent such bulging-crotched men from experiencing ruptured blood vessels in their ever-pulsating members, every time a member of the female persuasion passes by.

In ALL states of Nigeria presided over by bug-eyed men who spend their days peering up women's skirts and grumbling when women frustrate that hobby by wearing trousers, I propose that women should be declared ILLEGAL, and deported to other areas where they can dress as they choose.

Upon my return to Nigeria, I intend to get elected as a dictator of my own FEMALE CLOTHING OPTIONAL state, where the only legal restrictions imposed will be that full-body and face-covering attire would be mandated for married, old, overweight or ugly women, while ALL young 18 to 25 year old girls with toned bodies and firm jiggly jugs will be REQUIRED BY LAW to wear bikinis or birthday suits at all times. Praise the Lord !
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by emmke(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2011
as a plateau boy, am completely against this. I mean plateau is one of the most circular states in nigeria. U see our governor has a tendency of over-doing things. undecided. But he's still doing a great job and jos is still beautiful as ever, with great great weather. cool.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by tpia5: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2011
maybe the trousers are showing their butts cos you know how it is with we black women and also how it is with we black men.
Re: Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt by BABE3: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You just gave me an idea for my presentation.

Cut half of the red skirt off and we have a winner!

SMH! undecided grin

A Topic like this being discussed in 2011? undecided Bunch of Cave-men!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Obiano Of Anambra State Presents 2017 Budget, Estimated At N115.5bn (pic) / Atiku Abubakar's US Chamber Of Commerce Invite / Betta Edu Provides Free Healthcare For Vulnerable Women In Osun (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.