Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

ALX Virtual Assistant Program - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ALX Virtual Assistant Program (12388 Views)

I Just Quit ALX Programme / My First Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by bennyflipy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You can use your phone. Put your Chrome in desktop view. Viola. Although, in the 7th week, you'll need to use a laptop, however, you can use a Cybercafe for that. Don't tell me you can't afford that either.
Since that's a new date for the commencement of the new program, I'll fix my laptop before then, I just need a new hard disk drive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by LikeAking: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

So, how exactly can real Programmers train? Which medium is best? I would like to learn from you.

Let me be real with you. I dey beef Dem.

Jokes apart more of self thought, or coding is d best.

Not comparing with uni CS degree here.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Huzzle001: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Today I received several emails pertaining joining Canvas, ALG community (Will soon explain what ALG is all about), I'm yet to receive the one for Slack which others have received.

I Had to chose a time-zone while registering for canvas because Africans timezone differs. Canvas is the platform used to alx to lecture it's students. Materials are provided on the dashboard with limited time.

In today's work session, they talked about two type of ALX virtual assistant students, the normal ones and honorary ones.

The normal ones graduate with a certificate and proceeds for job opportunities.

The honorary ones are provided opportunities and connected! To be along the honorary ones, you have to always do your projects on the first milestone. After the first milestone, your grade will decrease.

Please send me link for the alx group or any community where I can get relevant information, I have just been selected for the financial analyst course/training. My email: chigoz4reall@yahoo.com
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Kathy89: 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Today I received several emails pertaining joining Canvas, ALG community (Will soon explain what ALG is all about), I'm yet to receive the one for Slack which others have received.

I Had to chose a time-zone while registering for canvas because Africans timezone differs. Canvas is the platform used to alx to lecture it's students. Materials are provided on the dashboard with limited time.

In today's work session, they talked about two type of ALX virtual assistant students, the normal ones and honorary ones.

The normal ones graduate with a certificate and proceeds for job opportunities.

The honorary ones are provided opportunities and connected! To be along the honorary ones, you have to always do your projects on the first milestone. After the first milestone, your grade will decrease.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Huzzle001:

Please send me link for the alx group or any community where I can get relevant information, I have just been selected for the financial analyst course/training. My email: chigoz4reall@yahoo.com

Up until now, there was no WhatsApp group for VA but I was recently added to one. Will send to your mail

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
Been ages since I was here!

Since this week I didn't open week 3 project until today, well I have a lot to do and read on but I'm happy because ALX slack community reached out to me to show they will be there for anyone struggling.

I don't have much to say except that I have been learning a lot from this program. Before now, I was a crazy introvert (still one except I communicate more with people) and this has been thanks to alx! I look forward to learning more!

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
ZingyRacy:
Did you use the same email you used in registering for software engineer for virtual assistant?

No but I know people who did.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
Currently on the 4th week of the virtual assistant program, mehn... Last week was hectic, and we write a test at the end of the weeks curriculum. I'm currently studying and mehn... I think I'm at my limit using phone for the project!

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Adejames97(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Hello
I know certain questions popped when you saw this thread

I'm undergoing the software engineering program of ALX and I don't intend to quit!

This thread are for people who applied for virtual assistant. I will be updating this thread with information pertaining to alx virtual assistant program, Incase you want to pursue a career with a short learning duration.

Pls will there still be another batch of enrolment for VA programme, the enrolment is currently not possible
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by deewyy23(f): 11:24am On Aug 12, 2022
Thanks for the insight on the ALX VA program. Have been searching in other to prepare for it. I am to begin in October. It's really helpful.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2022
Adejames97:

Pls will there still be another batch of enrolment for VA programme, the enrolment is currently not possible

None for this year
Until next year
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2022
deewyy23:
Thanks for the insight on the ALX VA program. Have been searching in other to prepare for it. I am to begin in October. It's really helpful.

I'm glad to hear that
I have seriously gained a lot from the VA Program. But I will update it after graduation.

After joining an ALX VA group, I'm inspired more than ever

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by chizyn(f): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

I'm glad to hear that
I have seriously gained a lot from the VA Program. But I will update it after graduation.

After joining an ALX VA group, I'm inspired more than ever
Please what Alx VA group(s) are you in?
I applied for the alx VA, mine starts in the beginning of October.
I want to be prepared as much as i can.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by achaziejesse154: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning. I have just been admitted to the same programme. We're starting by September. I want to know the challenges involved and the way I can cope with the 70hrs per week.
Any other info will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2022
chizyn:

Please what Alx VA group(s) are you in?
I applied for the alx VA, mine starts in the beginning of October.
I want to be prepared as much as i can.

I don't know my batch but I'm currently running the program and this is the 7th week.

We're supposed to intern and volunteer for virtual assistant tasks to people.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2022
achaziejesse154:
Good morning. I have just been admitted to the same programme. We're starting by September. I want to know the challenges involved and the way I can cope with the 70hrs per week.
Any other info will be appreciated. Thank you.

Were you admitted for alx software engineering program or Virtual Assistant Program?
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by chinnyness122(f): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Were you admitted for alx software engineering program or Virtual Assistant Program?

I was admitted for Alx VA program to start September 26th.
I am worried, will I be able to combine it with work and meet up with d assignment deadlines.

Is it something I can do in d night hours? I work from 7:30am to 4pm
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by titilayoowoniko: 1:13am On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=Anonymous6o6 post=115195900]

Please I also need to join the virtual assistant group ...
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2022
chinnyness122:

I was admitted for Alx VA program to start September 26th.
I am worried, will I be able to combine it with work and meet up with d assignment deadlines.

Is it something I can do in d night hours? I work from 7:30am to 4pm

Yes, it is. Endeavour to go through your modules every day and start your assignment earlier so that you don't get clogged with work. It can be very cumbersome.

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by chinnyness122(f): 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes, it is. Endeavour to go through your modules every day and start your assignment earlier so that you don't get clogged with work. It can be very cumbersome.

Ok. Thank you very much. You are doing a good job here. I look forward to more tips

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by mcseun1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
i missed the chance, will there be another batch this year
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Marthyboco(f): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Can alx affect my job?
Anonymous6o6:
Hello
I know certain questions popped when you saw this thread

I'm undergoing the software engineering program of ALX and I don't intend to quit!

This thread are for people who applied for virtual assistant. I will be updating this thread with information pertaining to alx virtual assistant program, Incase you want to pursue a career with a short learning duration.

ALX Virtual Assistant Program is a two(2) month program, (8 weeks) that will equip you with the skills you need to become a virtual assistant, 40-50hrs a week and 10hrs a day or less.

If you apply for the program, you will undergo four stages of test and if you pass, you will accepted on board.

If you succeed in the program after 2months, you will be added to the "ROOM" for job opportunities and networking. Below, I will be sharing the brochure and curriculum for better understanding of the program.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Marthyboco(f): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Does it give time for other job.. I applied for it 4months ago and I got the offer today.. meanwhile I just got a job.
How do 8 go about it
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Anonymous6o6: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2022
Marthyboco:
Can alx affect my job?

Honestly... It will.
Lately, I have been thinking of quitting my current job but due to my financial situation, I'm still planning it out

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Skodrran(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2022
Op pls how can i setup my web dev environment for android.

What ide and apps should i install
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by drisaac4luv(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Please when is ALX virtual assistant job coming up. I've been following this for few weeks now. Is there any WhatsApp link I can join to start with.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Todil(m): 4:25am On Mar 09, 2023
How can I apply for the course please. I checked their website, and found some other courses but couldn't find Virtual Assistant.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Emarex: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2023
Todil:
How can I apply for the course please. I checked their website, and found some other courses but couldn't find Virtual Assistant.
They no longer offer the course

1 Like

Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Jimatf(f): 3:41am On Mar 17, 2023
Please, do you know if there will be training this year? I am interested in virtual assistant skills.
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 17, 2023
Jimatf:
Please, do you know if there will be training this year? I am interested in virtual assistant skills.

Sure, there'll be

Modified : It is no longer being offered embarassed
Re: ALX Virtual Assistant Program by Jimatf(f): 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2023
Do you mean the virtual assistant course is no longer been offered by ALX? How sure are you? and do you know another platform one can learn from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria / Trying To Run Php Project After Installing Wamp Server / Programming FUN With Code Snippets!! -C++,C#, Java,php,python Or Any Language!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.