Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" (38499 Views)

The Following Positions Are Open In My Engineering Firm / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Neddstark: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
We need to feature more reality scenarios like this on Nairaland than what Tonto Dikeh or Bobrisky has to say.
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by SeriouslySense(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
How we experience Life, depends on how we see it.

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by DARLINGTON869(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
Very simple.... Nigeria happened to him. Let's keep praying and grinding. One day everywhere go STEW

T O DARLING

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by condralbedez: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
That's the scenario of life....if you dey where you dey,where you no dey go dey hungry you.
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by DonSion(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
You will excell from next year my brother. Obidiently we shall come out triumphantly...

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Chris2863(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
Revolution2022:
There was a church an evangelist invited me to worship.He told me he would also get me a job.After some time,I stopped going to the church because they always preach about donation to the poor members.Me too be poor member but I no dey receive anything.Na so I see my guy dey ride Keke napep for Ikeja.I dey busttop dey wait to enter him kekenap.Na so he swerve and turn face.I don see you before you swerve O.
this your story self. Weldon ooo
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Golan007: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
Rickmann:

The problem with Nigerians is that they still haven't accepted the realities of this country, that everyone can't do white-collar jobs.

FACT!

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Queensss(f): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
Interesting

Whatever skills or opportunity you can utilize to generate income. Put your mind and hands on it and make it work.. Don't think about what people will say...

If you are outside Nigeria and will like to learn how you can earn $600 t0 $3000 weekly partnering with brokers... See my signature
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Munzy14(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gadafii:
I know of a boy that rides marwa in my neighbor, when I wanted to buy marwa then I met him

He told me the only beauty of buying marwa is if you are the one that wants to ride it without giving it out, else them drivers go reap you die

He makes around 10k on a bad day, he services the marwa himself, drives with caution to avoid the marwa breaking down. Raining season he makes more, this young boy already have a land and a structure on it in calabar, he plans to buy more marwa or bus when they house is almost complete

I envied him secretly, because with my white collar job I was barely earning half of what he earns in a month
A lot of money in the street...

Some white collar Job na packaging sha.. cheesy
Especially bank Job.

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by ejimatic: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
Excober08:
"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation"

Dayo and Rukayat Studied Engineering at a University in kwara State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Rukayat after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dayo on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Rukayat closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dayo stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dayo. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Rukayat gave him money but Dayo insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Rukayat went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dayo was looking bad but Dayo driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dayo had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dayo actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dayo felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Rukayat, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Rukayat removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be contented.

Be focused�.
Good report ! How did you know their thoughts after the first meeting?
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Skyfornia(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
I can relate
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by saintruky(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
artworks1:

Stop misleading people like it's one hell of a smooth and easy ride for keke napep riders.
You buy fuel, you fix your keke, you pay for ticket and what about the stress? No be money you go spend take fix all these things?

Who nor go nor know

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Munzy14(m): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2022
FalseProphet1:
sad
Matters tire your tiredness.. grin grin
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by saintruky(m): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2022
kenearth50:

No be money dem take dey find money?

And he was talking about taxi-riders and not Keke napep.

Even at that, I still know people who make 4k daily from Keke napep after meeting their daily target.

Only yesterday my take home was 10k after removing expenses...

Today is 8k... I no too put body cos of d rain n i closed early...

I'm a graduate of PTI... But i shove pride aside cos pride nor go feed me...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by BENEAMATA: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2022
Laird:
DONT LET THE OP DECEIVE YOU

All this rubbish meaningless motivational talk encouraging mediocrity. If all graduates start driving tricycles or taxis or start hawking, those business will become crowded and saturated and prices will drop to unsustainable levels and even those who don't have access to education would not have that options.
Let us stop.getting used to and justifying suffering and government failure. How may South African Engineers are driving tricycles. How may South African Software engineers are driving taxis

No economy is built by low level service jobs. Nigeria as a country has crude oil and we don't produce enough millions of petrol for daily consumption and the government cannot galvanize companies to produce and refine enough petroleum from the crude.oil.and in the process employ engineers. We have serious infrastructure deficit of roads, buildings and houses and seaports and electricity and the government cannot galvanize companies to solve these.problems.and.in the process employ engineers.

Engineering, software,. healthcare, infrastructure is the basis of the economy and a middle class who can afford goods.
Nigeria has population but contributes very little revenue to most big corporations because of poor.purchasing power.
Dstv; Biggest Market; South Africa
Music; Nigeria is not among the first 20 biggest music spenders in the world

Facebook; America and Europe.. Nigerian's use it but are not even top 40 customers by country

Same with Google, Twitter , likely Instagram too

Even Iroko online video does not get sufficient Nigerian country customers but Customers from American, Europe and Canada

Why are things getting more expensive. Because we import everything in dollars

Petroleum
Wheat
Used Cars
Medicine
Medical Laboratory equipment
Power genrators

We have science and agriculture graduates that should be employed if the government had put the right companies to locally manufacture these items and create jobs.

Those graduates will buy cars, houses , pay fees, open side business etc thereby forming a middle class who build the economy and create wealth
Better ingredients dey your head .

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Thebig4: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
You stole someone contents without giving credit to the owner u edit it and repost it. Nawah oh

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by ogwuche4u(m): 8:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
kenearth50:

No be money dem take dey find money?

And he was talking about taxi-riders and not Keke napep.

Even at that, I still know people who make 4k daily from Keke napep after meeting their daily target.

Don't mind that fellow. Transportation and food business are one lucrative business to do. People must move and must feed.

4 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Goodman247: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
There is no much job in Nigeria, if you are an undergraduate, have a plan B,( handwork) even plan C ( another sklii too ) shalom

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Slynation(m): 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
Ike gwuru...
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by coolxpaul(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2022
Excober08:
"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation"

Dayo and Rukayat Studied Engineering at a University in kwara State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Rukayat after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dayo on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Rukayat closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dayo stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dayo. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Rukayat gave him money but Dayo insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Rukayat went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dayo was looking bad but Dayo driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dayo had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dayo actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dayo felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Rukayat, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Rukayat removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be contented.

Be focused�.

Dis story na old one, but it's cool. It's the reality of life. There's the tendency to make judgement based on what we see without evaluating situations properly.

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Rawtruth1: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
What you said is true. I buy Keke and give out for hired purchase. They pay nearly double of what I bought it to me and still become big boys after completing the agreed amount.

They make more than ten thousand naira per day. Some people don't know secrets of wealth. Their ego is their problem. I read some comments above and petied the proud

Gadafii:
I know of a boy that rides marwa in my neighbor, when I wanted to buy marwa then I met him

He told me the only beauty of buying marwa is if you are the one that wants to ride it without giving it out, else them drivers go reap you die

He makes around 10k on a bad day, he services the marwa himself, drives with caution to avoid the marwa breaking down. Raining season he makes more, this young boy already have a land and a structure on it in calabar, he plans to buy more marwa or bus when they house is almost complete

I envied him secretly, because with my white collar job I was barely earning half of what he earns in a month

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by SavageBoy: 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
wonder233:
Don't mind these stereotypes people are peddling. A keke driver doesn't earn shyt. A danfo driver doesn't earn zilch, an uber driver doesn't earn nothing. You just toil and toil and whatever you make goes into repairs and maintenance. I have driven uber before, my own car, sharp tokunbo. I did it diligently for 2years. I realised it was a fruitless job. The app companies just use you as slave labour, people in the larger society think you're making mad money all because of a stereotype someone said a long time ago when it newly came out. Till date, ignorant people still argue with me ontop something I personally had experience on. The sooner we realise transportation isn't one gold mine, the better for everyone cos it is making people mentally lazy, any small thing, people will go and get corolla to be doing uber, keke or okada to be driving.
Actual productivity, brain work, tangible skills are superior to these driving jobs

Talk about yourself alone.

Few months ago, I and my boss booked Uber after closure from work. On our way home, we were gisting with the uber guy. He told us he started driving uber on an hire purchase in 2016. 6 years later, in 2022 he already has 5 cars which he gave to other people to run uber.

He said he plan on getting a new car by August this year. He also said he plan on retiring from driving by the time he gets to 50 and having about 20 cars, from his looks, he look like he's in his early 40's

I know there's this stereotype of uber and taxify guys making it big, I don't know if it's true, I've never driven uber before, so I can't give you a firsthand experience.

But I know I've seen a couple of guys that have failed woefully as uber and taxify drivers, but one thing that stood out from this uber guy's success is his focus and hard work. Even the car we entered that day looked like one that was bought the previous week, meanwhile it's more than a year plus.

The truth is that transport guys whether keke, danfor or uber/taxify generally have the potential of making it bigger than the average 9-5 white collar graduates in Nigeria.

Money dey transport business . Just that a lot of these drivers lack vision for their business coupled with their wasteful lifestyle.

6 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2022
wonder233:
Don't mind these stereotypes people are peddling. A keke driver doesn't earn shyt. A danfo driver doesn't earn zilch, an uber driver doesn't earn nothing. You just toil and toil and whatever you make goes into repairs and maintenance. I have driven uber before, my own car, sharp tokunbo. I did it diligently for 2years. I realised it was a fruitless job. The app companies just use you as slave labour, people in the larger society think you're making mad money all because of a stereotype someone said a long time ago when it newly came out. Till date, ignorant people still argue with me ontop something I personally had experience on. The sooner we realise transportation isn't one gold mine, the better for everyone cos it is making people mentally lazy, any small thing, people will go and get corolla to be doing uber, keke or okada to be driving.
Actual productivity, brain work, tangible skills are superior to these driving jobs

The mistake you might have made is not doing comprehensive insurance.

I have been burnt too by that business as an investor but now I understand better.

The only way to succeed in transportation business, and infact most businesses is making sure you have comprehensive insurance covering everything involved in that business, including you the owner.

Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by gentlegenius(m): 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
Laird:

All this rubbish meaningless motivational talk encouraging mediocrity. If all graduates start driving tricycles or taxis or start hawking, those business will become crowded and saturated and prices will drop to unsustainable levels and even those who don't have access to education would not have that options.
Let us stop.getting used to and justifying suffering and government failure. How may South African Engineers are driving tricycles. How may South African Software engineers are driving taxis

No economy is built by low level service jobs. Nigeria as a country has crude oil and we don't produce enough millions of petrol for daily consumption and the government cannot galvanize companies to produce and refine enough petroleum from the crude.oil.and in the process employ engineers. We have serious infrastructure deficit of roads, buildings and houses and seaports and electricity and the government cannot galvanize companies to solve these.problems.and.in the process employ engineers.

Engineering, software,. healthcare, infrastructure is the basis of the economy and a middle class who can afford goods.
Nigeria has population but contributes very little revenue to most big corporations because of poor.purchasing power.

Facebook; America and Europe.. Nigerian's use it but are not even top 40 customers by country

Even Iroko online video does not get sufficient Nigerian country customers but Customers from American, Europe and Canada

Petroleum
Wheat
Used Cars
Medicine
Power genrators

We have science and agriculture graduates that should be employed if the government had put the right companies to locally manufacture these items and create jobs.

Those graduates will buy cars, houses , pay fees, open side business etc thereby forming a middle class who build the economy and create wealth
Solution to all these?
Vote Peter Obi. He is the only candidate with the right agenda: to move Nigeria from consumption to production.

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by kripen(m): 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
We need to face reality of life not only in Nigeria but other places around the world, we should know in American dollars don't grow on tree, people work hard to earn it. What most Nigeria avoid to do here when they jet out they involve in all kinds of maniac job.
When I was growing up my dad always tell me then that in INdia there are professors doing maniac work I thought then it was a lie till I read books on it. The reality is you having professorship does not exclude you from hassling unless you want to die of hunger.

Do you all know now that government has not paid ASUU for the past 5months or there about the un-husling lecturers will find their self to be blamed now.
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by harsysky(m): 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
Laird:

Petroleum
Wheat
Used Cars
Medicine
Power genrators

You write well for a young man, but your comprehension skill is below par. The overall statement isn't for people to go into transportation business. It is for people to appreciate whatever hustle they find themselves doing without looking down on themselves or another. Shikena

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by emmanuelbrown26: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
Fahdiga:
A true life story. Only the wise will learn from it.
Gbam, its for serious minded and obediently people, not for those that are not ready for a real change in their lives

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Udemzy05: 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Fahdiga:
A true life story. Only the wise will learn from it.

Meaning university education is not by force.
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by AmadorSays: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
Nice thread, this life get as e be.
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Unityp: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
grin
Eazie351:
Moral lesson: Don't study engineering at a university in kwara state, you'll either be a secretary or a keke driver.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ICSL Test/interview / More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.