Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani (2017 Views)

Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Odinani - In Peace With Nature And Its Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2011
Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by philip0906(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
u r in bondage my fwiend. . .
Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2011
i wonder why there are no videos on Odinani. all i found wer a couple of masquerades. i must do some research on this.
Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by philip0906(m): 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
so u r a masquerade? grin grin grin u need 2 be free 4rm dat captivity. . .
Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
I am Hausa. i dont do masquerade. im just concerned for my Igbo brothers. they are losing their identity as fast as I consume food.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2011
http://odinanilawsofnature./2011/05/18/amadioha-the-igbo-god-of-thunder-and-lightning/

This is from a Young Igbo who is truly interested in his Gods, especially the God of Thunder and Justice, Amadioha. An important aspect which I noticed is that the Pagan Greek Counterpart of the Igbo Amadioha, Thor is also a God of Thunder. Thor  carries a hammer and Amadioha is a God of Justice. Surprizingly, judges in todays courts use hammers when passing a judgement. a true miracle of the universal Laws of Justice.  smiley

also read the comments. you can make out that these comments come from the depths of their soul and they are not just saying it for the sake of saying so. This shows how commited some Igbo are to the revival of their beloved Gods'.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by Sweetnecta: 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
and he will consume enough food. at old age he will die, like everyone else. then there will be still more food on earth. what a food consumer. he didnt consume it all at the end.

apply that to the tradition. if it is a bad tradition, that part is to be thrown away.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
no my dear sweetnecta. i wont be gone forever. i will be reincarnated and then i will consume more food.

apply that to tradition. it symbolises the rebirth of tradition.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by Sweetnecta: 12:41am On Jul 28, 2011
i am his dear today.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2011
tomorrow you will be my love. kiss

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani by tpia5: 4:43am On Jul 28, 2011
wonder why there are no videos on Odinani. all i found wer a couple of masquerades

lmao

(1) (Reply)

FREE! FREE!! FREE!!! Season's Greetings Wallpaper / "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians / How Can We Know Which Parts Of The Bible Apply To Us Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.