Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People (4979 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Odinani And The Atheist / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by tsdarkside(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
“Conversations with the African Gods”
source:http://igbocybershrine.com/tag/anyanwu/

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of reviewing another book written by an Igbo author who goes by the name Nwaonishe Ezenwanyi, entitled Conversations with the African Gods. Many of you might be familiar with the similarly titled “Conversations with God” series, written by Neale Donald Walsch, in which he has a number of conversations with “God.” To say that this book is the African version of that would be an understatement. Conversations with the African Gods is a journey for anyone who reads it, on humanity’s past, present, and future, from an African point of view. For far too long, perspectives, philosophies, and religions have been placed into a false dichotomy of being either Eastern or Western, with Africa being excluded. This book challenges that false dualism and brings forth commentary on world events from African gods and ancestors.

The author begins by describing her personal journey. Like many of us born during the African Dark Ages, she was raised as a Christian (specifically Catholic), but was still extremely curious about the other religious and spiritual traditions in the world. Her journey took her to exploring Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, amongst others. Eventually, after doing a lot of seeking and searching, her journey didn’t lead to her finding the “right” tradition, but to the tradition “finding” her. In fact, she ended up listening to the voices that had been calling her all along. She claimed her birthright and began practicing the spiritual science of her ancestors, Odinani.

Her spiritual awakening has also lead to her becoming aware of and developing different abilities such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc. One of the most interesting gifts that she learned was how to invoke spirits. The one that she was able to invoke the most was Onishe, who happened to be her “head deity”, or the one most in control of her life. For that reason, she goes by the name Nwaonishe, which means a child of Onishe. She also happens to be the spirit that makes the most commentary. She opens up the dialogue by stating:
“I am a prophetess, a chosen one, selected apart by god/dess to speak the words of god/dess. I am manifestation of god/dess as I surrender each moment to my essential nature. I am speaker of life and death. Avenger for the just, the pure, the clean. There is only one Onishe and she is here and now, in you, and in many. I am the word. Atu. Word that forms everything. Logos. Mami Wata, Supreme Water, Essence liquid, Nut of Khemet. I am the word of Nut, the goddess of creation.”

While Onishe is the Igbo Alusi (spiritual force) that speaks the most, others also make their voices heard including Eke, Ikenga, Amadioha, Ani, and Anyanwu. Two other African Gods who are typically associated with Ancient Egypt also make substantial contributions: Ausar (Osiris) and Auset (Isis).

These African Gods, as well as other ones including the popular ones made popular by Hinduism, Kali and Krishna (who both have names that mean “the Black One” ), as well Tehuti (Thoth) and Heru (Horus), make commentary on a wide range of issues, including the ancient “Golden Age” civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria, climate change, 2012, colonization, slavery, civil rights as well as the possible “Golden Age” to come. The discourse on how Africa (and Nigeria in particular) should structure their economies and governments to actually work for the benefit of the people (for once) is very enlightening, but is sure to shock a few people (Ikenga’s comments in particular).

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Bitterleafsoup: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
This is intresting is the book online at Amazon?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by tsdarkside(m): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
This is intresting is the book online at Amazon?

i dont know...visit http://igbocybershrine.com/ and find out...very interesting book...indeed....

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
nice one..
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by herald9: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
I need to read this book too. Our gods liveth.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
tsdarkside:

i dont know...visit http://igbocybershrine.com/ and find out...very interesting book...indeed....

Let me identify with the sacred thread for the sacred arts and science of my own people. . Igbo people..

Don't believe all the spirity mumbo jumbos you wrote up there ... Talking to some deities in her head.. onishe, amadioha and co... and necromancy too?... Oh thats outright stuporous.

I am just gonna take this thread as an avenue to discuss the ancient civilization, world view, science, religion and myths of ancient Igbos . . . Forget the things crap you wrote up there... none of them holds water...

I am gonna love this ...
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by herald9: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Let me identify with the sacred thread for the sacred arts and science of my own people. . Igbo people..

Don't believe all the spirity mumbo jumbos you wrote up there ... Talking to some deities in her head.. onishe, amadioha and co... and necromancy too?... Oh thats outright stuporous.

I am just gonna take this thread as an avenue to discuss the ancient civilization, world view, science, religion and myths of ancient Igbos . . . Forget the things crap you wrote up there... none of them holds water...

I am gonna love this ...
LOL. Maybe she's trying to revive all the abandoned gods.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
herald9:

LOL. Maybe she's trying to revive all the abandoned gods.

They are not abandoned though, there are many people who still revere and worship these deities here in Igbo land.

I have a traditionalist Uncle in the village...

This is something else bro. .

Amadioha, oneshe and other Gods speaks to her... Seriously what is wrong with people? undecided

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by herald9: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
johnydon22:

They are not abandoned though, there are many people who still revere and worship these deities here in Igbo land.

I have a traditionalist Uncle in the village...

This is something else bro. .

Amadioha, oneshe and other Gods speaks to her... Seriously what is wrong with people? undecided

Well, I'm not igbo... I don't know much about their gods apart from amadioha.... Are they dumb?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
herald9:

Well, I'm not igbo... I don't know much about their gods apart from amadioha.... Are they dumb?
[b]

Igbo Religion is a form of Deistic Religion eventually mutilated and killed by the missionaries.

The Igbo religion has a concept of God (Chukwu) who is unknown, incomprehensible, too big and do not interact with humans because it is way above that. it has no shrine or priests. . . It is literally just too immerse and deep that no one can ever know what, who it is....

Then they now employ the use of Alusis, who are Gods (in the real sense personifications of natural elements) These Alusis act as intermediaries between Man and Chukwu..

remember Chukwu is unknown and above mundane activities or worship monger. . so the alusis are mediators between Chukwu and man..

In the Alusis we have

Amadioha (the one you know wink) Also known as Kamalu or Igwekala. . . Th God of thunder and symbol is a white ram.

Ala .... Goddess of the soil.

Igwe. . . God of the sky

Ekwensu . . .God of trade and tricks. . . . (This very particular deity is mutilated to mean satan by missionaries...This is a huge lie.

This deity is not an adversary of chukwu, like i mentioned above the igbo religion asserts a God that is too big and incomprehensible and as such cannot have an enemy or adversary.

Ekwensu is just an igbo Alusi like the others and not an adversary of chukwu..)

Fijioku... God of yam

Ugwu . . .God of the hills. (this particular deity is one found mostly revered in my town)

there are many deities that are just intermediaries in Igbo religion and note that some towns take these deities as their patron just like my town mainly takes Ugwu.)

And then they have CHIs. .these are personal Gods unique to each individual and are in charge of the events of the individuals. . (Personification of FATE) ...

But the Igbo religion in particular reveals a Vaguely Monotheistic but Deistic concept of God (Chukwu). .

The missionaries lied to our people, mutilated the igbo religion, misrepresented it, insulted it and tried to distance the Deistic Igbo Chukwu from igbo religion and infuse it into their own theistic concept of Romanized Jewish Yahweh that they brought..

I call it a cultural holocaust ...they killed the igbo culture and religion..most modern generation of Igbo have no idea of the things i just said now about the igbo religion and its concept of God
[/b]

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by herald9: 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

Igbo Religion is a form of Deistic Religion eventually mutilated and killed by the missionaries.

The Igbo religion has a concept of God (Chukwu) who is unknown, incomprehensible, too big and do not interact with humans because it is way above that. it has no shrine or priests. . . It is literally just too immerse and deep that no one can ever know what, who it is....

Then they now employ the use of Alusis, who are Gods (in the real sense personifications of natural elements) These Alusis act as intermediaries between Man and Chukwu..

remember Chukwu is unknown and above mundane activities or worship monger. . so the alusis are mediators between Chukwu and man..

In the Alusis we have

Amadioha (the one you know wink) Also known as Kamalu or Igwekala. . . Th God of thunder and symbol is a white ram.

Ala .... Goddess of the soil.

Igwe. . . God of the sky

Ekwensu . . .God of trade and tricks. . . . (This very particular deity is mutilated to mean satan by missionaries...This is a huge lie.

This deity is not an adversary of chukwu, like i mentioned above the igbo religion asserts a God that is too big and incomprehensible and as such cannot have an enemy or adversary.

Ekwensu is just an igbo Alusi like the others and not an adversary of chukwu..)

Fijioku... God of yam

Ugwu . . .God of the hills. (this particular deity is one found mostly revered in my town)

there are many deities that are just intermediaries in Igbo religion and note that some towns take these deities as their patron just like my town mainly takes Ugwu.)

And then they have CHIs. .these are personal Gods unique to each individual and are in charge of the events of the individuals. . (Personification of FATE) ...

But the Igbo religion in particular reveals a Vaguely Monotheistic but Deistic concept of God (Chukwu). .

The missionaries lied to our people, mutilated the igbo religion, misrepresented it, insulted it and tried to distance the Deistic Igbo Chukwu from igbo religion and infuse it into their own theistic concept of Romanized Jewish Yahweh that they brought..

I call it a cultural holocaust ...they killed the igbo culture and religion..most modern generation of Igbo have no idea of the things i just said now about the igbo religion and its concept of God
[/b]
Wonderful. I love how they portrayed Chukwu. In reality, a god who's so powerful and intelligent enough to cause this awe-inspiring universe into existence shouldn't have an adversary. He or it should be too powerful for that, as everything existed through him.

But then, how were they able to explain the other side of good - evil. What did they think was responsible for it.

NB: I didn't know Ugwu was a god. Blame Timaya!

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
herald9:

Wonderful. I love how they portrayed Chukwu. In reality, a god who's so powerful and intelligent enough to cause this awe-inspiring universe into existence shouldn't have an adversary. He or it should be too powerful for that, as everything existed through him.
[b]

The Igbo Chukwu is by far a more mature concept that the Christian yahweh, islamic Allah... these semitic originated deities are actually depicted to possess such childish traits.

something is powerful enough to create the universe but is busy bearing grudges with humans.

Loving smell of burning flesh.

Threatening humans with torture to get worship and reverence.

Has a son, is so concerned whether humans masturbate or not that it had to murder his son to forgive them.

Just too a childish concept smeared with outright absurdity..

Come to think of it The Igbo chukwu that was demonized by the missionaries was a far more mature concept than the one they brought.

The Igbo chukwu is not interested in worship.

Can not be known neither does it concern itself/himself/herself with mundane activities.

It is just too above the scope of mundane attachments talk more of having a special people not to talk of threatening anyone.

No it is just too big and unknown...
[/b]

But then, how were they able to explain the other side of good - evil. What did they think was responsible for it.
[b]Just as they have Alusis who interact with humans on earth igbos also has concepts of negating spirits..

Just like Imo mmiri is the Alusi of Water (Water God/Goddess) there is also an evil negating force like Ogbanje spirity stuff.

Agbara and so on. . . Igbos have concepts of evil spirits Ajo mmuo that are harmful and are personifications of evil..

(Just like i mentioned the Gods are personifications of natural elements, the evil spirits are personifications of evil (Unpleasant ) on earth)

Also Igbos have a concept of afterlife tied to the moral fabrics of the people. in fact every ancient Igbo man tries to live a very upright and moral life based on the DOs and DONTs of the community.

It is believed that when someone lives a Moral life after he/she dies goes to the land of the spirits to the abode of the ancestors to rest and can also interact and help the living from there. . .The abode of the ancestors is a nice place to be to them.

But when someone doesn't live a moral life, they are denied entry into the land of the ancestors and as such roams about without rest and can become negating spirits or bad spirits....
[/b]

NB: I didn't know Ugwu was a god. Blame Timaya!
LMAO Ugwu in Igbo means Hill or mountain. . The God ugwu (personification of Hill/mountain)..

What timaya was saying is UKWU not Ugwu..

uKWu means waist in igbo langauge..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
philfearon:
nice one..
Ndewo nwannem nwa afo igbo ... Mma mma ..smiley
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Ndewo nwannem nwa afo igbo ... Mma mma ..smiley
Disie ike nwanne..
ihe ndi a í na-ede mgbe ufodu na-atokwa m obi uto..
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2015
philfearon:

Disie ike nwanne..
ihe ndi a í na-ede mgbe ufodu na-atokwa m obi uto..

Ndi be anyi turu ilu si "Onye na eme ihe ya jidekwe ofo" ndi ocha mere anyi iwa mgbe ha biara be anyi, anyi ga ejidere nu ha ofo.

nwerezie nwayo nwayo na akuziri ndi be anyi bu ndi isi oji ife ha na amaro..

Daalu odogwu

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Ndi be anyi turu ilu si "Onye na eme ihe ya jidekwe ofo" ndi ocha mere anyi iwa mgbe ha biara be anyi, anyi ga ejidere nu ha ofo.

nwerezie nwayo nwayo na akuziri ndi be anyi bu ndi isi oji ife ha na amaro..

Daalu odogwu
O bu ya bu isiokwu anyi nwanne..
ime ka ha tugharia Uche ha Na mmuo ha abughi ihe taa.
Ha buchazi ya n'isi karia ndi weterele ha ya.
O bu ya kacha agwu m ike.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
philfearon:

O bu ya bu isiokwu anyi nwanne..
ime ka ha tugharia Uche ha Na mmuo ha abughi ihe taa.
Ha buchazi ya n'isi karia ndi weterele ha ya.
O bu ya kacha agwu m ike.

Eziokwu ka ikwuru okoro igbo

Amazim udi ihe bu ihe nke ahu.

Ha fu ebe ndi be anyi na achuru alusi aja, ha etibe si na o ajo ihe
Ha guta na akwukwo ndi Juu ebe ndi juu na achukwa ofu udi aja ahu, ha asi na nke ahu bu nke ezigbo.

Amazim nke bu na mmadu ga ahapu nke ya, karuzia ndi ozo buru nke ha na isi
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Eziokwu ka ikwuru okoro igbo

Amazim udi ihe bu ihe nke ahu.

Ha fu ebe ndi be anyi na achuru alusi aja, ha etibe si na o ajo ihe
Ha guta na akwukwo ndi Juu ebe ndi juu na achukwa ofu udi aja ahu, ha asi na nke ahu bu nke ezigbo.

Amazim nke bu na mmadu ga ahapu nke ya, karuzia ndi ozo buru nke ha na isi
Ochi atogbuola m n'okwu gi nwanne mmadu..
Ihe Na eme anyi si anyi Na aka!
Kedu etu nwa afo ala Igbo ji onu ya nwuo mmiri ara nne ya ga-eji mepee onu ya si Na o bu "aburu Izrel furu efu?
Ufodu umunne anyi kwesiri ututu o bula,akpoputa ha Na ama,pia ha utari .....
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
philfearon:

Ochi atogbuola m n'okwu gi nwanne mmadu..
Ihe Na eme anyi si anyi Na aka!
Kedu etu nwa afo ala Igbo ji onu ya nwuo mmiri ara nne ya ga-eji mepee onu ya si Na o bu "aburu Izrel furu efu?
Ufodu umunne anyi kwesiri ututu o bula,akpoputa ha Na ama,pia ha utari .....
Nzuzu nke ahu gwurum ike ..

ndi ocha mere ndi be anyi iwa... anyi ana ezuzugharizi n'ime omenala ndi mba ozo..

anyi ahapuzie omenala igbo na ntonala ndi be anyi.. anyi ahapu odinani ndi nna nna anyi ha buruzie nke ndi ozo n'isi..

Ndi isi oji bucha ndi nzuzu... ndi nwetalu anyi ihe ndia nile ahapuchago ihe mana anyi ka bu ya n'isi ka enwere ihe eji kedo anyi ebe ahu..

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Nzuzu nke ahu gwurum ike ..

ndi ocha mere ndi be anyi iwa... anyi ana ezuzugharizi n'ime omenala ndi mba ozo..

anyi ahapuzie omenala igbo na ntonala ndi be anyi.. anyi ahapu odinani ndi nna nna anyi ha buruzie nke ndi ozo n'isi..

Ndi isi oji bucha ndi nzuzu... ndi nwetalu anyi ihe ndi nile ahapuchago ihe mana anyi ka bu ya n'isi ka enwere ihe eji kedo anyi ebe ahu..

O bu akwa ariri ka m Na Ebe n'obi m mgbe ufodu..
M ga ano nuu,Na ele ndi Igbo ibe m,ike agwu m.
Ekpere m wu ka ihe ahu mesara m aka anya m ji meghee mesa kwa ha aka!
Ahula m Na onweghi udi okwu I ga agwali ha ka ha tugharia obi ha..Obi ha kpochichara ka nkume,karia di ya!!
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by basille(m): 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ndeewo ụmụnne m.

Nice Thread @Op. I remember stumbling into that blog when i was doing a research on Igbo traditions and mystical system. The owner of the blog is quite knowledgeable and i enjoyed the story of Amadioha taking vengeance upon a guy in america, who treated a woman badly.

Talking of the igbo tradition in the east today, jonydon above me has said it all. Due to the aftermath of colonization, we lost a great deal of our indigenous religion and some aspects of our culture, only to be replaced with alien systems and our culture is still on a steady decline today. Sad.

I plan on indepthly studying the igbo traditional and mystical concepts (which by the way is very obscure), and that of the Yoruba's (ifa) sometime in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Oct 13, 2015
philfearon:

O bu akwa ariri ka m Na Ebe n'obi m mgbe ufodu..
M ga ano nuu,Na ele ndi Igbo ibe m,ike agwu m.
Ekpere m wu ka ihe ahu mesara m aka anya m ji meghee mesa kwa ha aka!
Ahula m Na onweghi udi okwu I ga agwali ha ka ha tugharia obi ha..Obi ha kpochichara ka nkume,karia di ya!!

Nnam anyi afugo nu ya.. anaram obodo ubochi gara aga.

Nwannem nnam bi na be anyi n'obodo anyi bu onye ogo mmuo, ona eme omenala Igbo..

Ka chi foro obido gowa ofo ututu, mkpachapu ntim gere cha ihe nile okwuru.

Ndia na eme ihe omenala nke anyi ka ndi na eso uzo mba ndi ozo mma..

Ofo ona ago bu " Dowe anyi ndu ka anyi kpata ihe anyi ga eri, wepuru anyi ihe ga akpakpu anyi.

Nye ndi ukwu, nye ndi nta nke ga ezuru ha, egbe bere ugo bere nke sizi ibe ya ebe na nku kwa ya.

elu ta oji, ala takwazia oji"

Mana oburu ndi nke ozo ihe nile ha na ekpe but "Kill my enemy, holy fire, thunder scatter, give me car and house"

Ine anya ihu na ndia na eme omenala anyi kachasi nwe ezigbo obi mmadu ma na agokwazi ofo di mma...

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 12:31am On Oct 13, 2015
basille:
Ndeewo ụmụnne m.

Ekene diri gi nwannem..

Nice Thread @Op. I remember stumbling into that blog when i was doing a research on Igbo traditions and mystical system. The owner of the blog is quite knowledgeable and i enjoyed the story of Amadioha taking vengeance upon a guy in america, who treated a woman badly.

Hahahaha yea i think i have stumbled upon such blog before, read the funny story and all but the blog remains a very educative one in the exposure of our culture to the outside world..

Talking of the igbo tradition in the east today, jonydon above me has said it all. Due to the aftermath of colonization, we lost a great deal of our indigenous religion and some aspects of our culture, only to be replaced with alien systems and our culture is still on a steady decline today. Sad.

It is sad nnam, very sad only. . An average African cannot count his own genealogy down to his great grand father but he can count the genealogy of Jesus down to Abraham and ultimately to Adam. . . Is that not stupidity of the highest order?

Propagating other people's myth while neglecting and abandoning yours . . . even if everyone abandons you nobody really should abandon himself..

We are deeply lost in the vacuum of other's people's culture. . Look at the enmity between Christian sects in Nigeria or shia and sunni muslims. . Africans killing themselves over who got the better version of another man's religion..

Such stupidity is demeaning. . . China practises their indigenous religion, they remain the leading world economy today..

what the missionaries did here, the cultural holocaust i fear can never be undone..

I plan on indepthly studying the igbo traditional and mystical concepts (which by the way is very obscure), and that of the Yoruba's (ifa) sometime in the future.

Am with you on that nwannem. . . But my number 1 priority is to have an immerse knowledge of my own culture, religion and history..

Igbo culture, religion and history

2 Likes

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 4:10am On Oct 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Nnam anyi afugo nu ya.. anaram obodo ubochi gara aga.

Nwannem nnam bi na be anyi n'obodo anyi bu onye ogo mmuo, ona eme omenala Igbo..

Ka chi foro obido gowa ofo ututu, mkpachapu ntim gere cha ihe nile okwuru.

Ndia na eme ihe omenala nke anyi ka ndi na eso uzo mba ndi ozo mma..

Ofo ona ago bu " Dowe anyi ndu ka anyi kpata ihe anyi ga eri, wepuru anyi ihe ga akpakpu anyi.

Nye ndi ukwu, nye ndi nta nke ga ezuru ha, egbe bere ugo bere nke sizi ibe ya ebe na nku kwa ya.

elu ta oji, ala takwazia oji"

Mana oburu ndi nke ozo ihe nile ha na ekpe but "Kill my enemy, holy fire, thunder scatter, give me car and house"

Ine anya ihu na ndia na eme omenala anyi kachasi nwe ezigbo obi mmadu ma na agokwazi ofo di mma...

O bu Eziokwu ka ikwuru..
Ndi nnanna anyi ha anaghi e ji obioma ele onye na-emegide mmadu ibe ya.
Mana nke ahu gbasara ha.Mgbe oge ruru,ha ga atughari..Nke a doro m anya ofuma!
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by herald9: 7:04am On Oct 13, 2015
Thanks Johnny, that was so expository. Now I'm having the urge to know more about my own TR.

Since you know this much, maybe you should go into writing series/periodicals here on NL... Just like your astronomical threads.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by tsdarkside(m): 7:34am On Oct 13, 2015
basille:
Ndeewo ụmụnne m.

it will not decline..if we allow that to ever happen..then...good night.....
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by tsdarkside(m): 7:37am On Oct 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Ekene diri gi nwannem..

Hahahaha yea i think i have stumbled upon such blog before, read the funny story and all but the blog remains a very educative one in the exposure of our culture to the outside world..

It is sad nnam, very sad only. . An average African cannot count his own genealogy down to his great grand father but he can count the genealogy of Jesus down to Abraham and ultimately to Adam. . . Is that not stupidity of the highest order?

Propagating other people's myth while neglecting and abandoning yours . . . even if everyone abandons you nobody really should abandon himself..

We are deeply lost in the vacuum of other's people's culture. . Look at the enmity between Christian sects in Nigeria or shia and sunni muslims. . Africans killing themselves over who got the better version of another man's religion..

Such stupidity is demeaning. . . China practises their indigenous religion, they remain the leading world economy today..

what the missionaries did here, the cultural holocaust i fear can never [b]be undone
[/b]

Am with you on that nwannem. . . But my number 1 priority is to have an immerse knowledge of my own culture, religion and history..

Igbo culture, religion and history

will be undone...their time is over.....our eyes is opening more and more.....
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2015
philfearon:

O bu Eziokwu ka ikwuru..
Ndi nnanna anyi ha anaghi e ji obioma ele onye na-emegide mmadu ibe ya.
Mana nke ahu gbasara ha.Mgbe oge ruru,ha ga atughari..Nke a doro m anya ofuma!

Ndi igbo si "wepu aka enwe n'ofe tupu oghoro aka mmadu"

K anyi hara ida mba na ito ndi be anyi na agbu eji akuko ndi juu ke ha.

kama mua ga emewekwa omenala ndi ozo kama ya ndi ozo mewakwa omenalam..
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2015
herald9:
Thanks Johnny, that was so expository. Now I'm having the urge to know more about my own TR.

Since you know this much, maybe you should go into writing series/periodicals here on NL... Just like your astronomical threads.

You are correct i think i will. . . Thanks bro
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:03am On Oct 13, 2015
tsdarkside:

will be undone...their time is over.....our eyes is opening more and more.....
Odogwu ibu onye Igbo ?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Ndi igbo si "wepu aka enwe n'ofe tupu oghoro aka mmadu"

K anyi hara ida mba na ito ndi be anyi na agbu eji akuko ndi juu ke ha.

kama mua ga emewekwa omenala ndi ozo kama ya ndi ozo mewakwa omenalam..
Iseeeee!!!
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2015
Bikonu umunnem ewetakwalum oji igbo..

Oji so na ihe kacha mkpa na omenala igbo. . . Bikonu ofu onye goru anyi ofo oji..

Menesheh, philfearon, SonOfLucifer . . Ngwanu oji abiala

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Create Magickal Servitors To Serve You / Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage / I Had A Dream That Jesus Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.