Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help (2497 Views)

Accord 07 (DC) Repairs / First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC / Honda Accord DC Is Jerking On 3000rpm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by mokset123: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
My honda accord 2006 (discussion continue) v6 is having an average of 11mpg for city driving as against 18mpg which is manufacturers actual rating for City driving for my car.

Meaning with 48 litres, I am covering about 240km, I feel this is very poor even though I use my chilled ac intermittently.

History of the car,
1. My check light isn't on and I have a cheap scan tool

2. I avoided hard acceleration and braking, infact I stuck to under 60km/h while driving

3. My tires are 215/55R17 and I gauge them to 40 psi

Make una help me, abi na to sell the car
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by Dozieson(m): 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2022
mokset123:
My honda accord 2006 (discussion continue) v6 is having an average of 11mpg for city driving as against 18mpg which is manufacturers actual rating for City driving for my car.

Meaning with 48 litres, I am covering about 240km, I feel this is very poor even though I use my chilled ac intermittently.

History of the car,

2. I avoided hard acceleration and braking, intact I stuck to under 60km/h while driving

Make una help me Abu na to sell the car

Manage am like that. The fuel consumption things is why many are selling theirs

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by okoroemeka(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2022
Dozieson:

maybe it is city or urban driving,I have same 06 DC v6 and I use 17 ltrs to do 110km from okigwe to my house in enugu but this is highway consumption,fuel consumption issues are difficult to correct but the first obvious culprit is the fuel pump,fuel filters,air filters and clogged nozzles,a bad fuel pump will impact on the sharpness of the acceleration and make you depress more on the pedal,hence flooding more fuel into the cylinders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by mokset123: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2022
okoroemeka:
maybe it is city or urban driving,I have same 06 DC v6 and I use 17 ltrs to do 110km from okigwe to my house in enugu but this is highway consumption,fuel consumption issues are difficult to correct but the first obvious culprit is the fuel pump,fuel filters,air filters and clogged nozzles,a bad fuel pump will impact on the sharpness of the acceleration and make you depress more on the pedal,hence flooding more fuel into the cylinders
yes it is city/urban driving, I will post the rating for the car, so you measure yours.

Now, I have changed my fuel pump, cleaned my throttle, cleaned my nozzle, changed my spark plugs twice, replaced my air filter, reset my ecm by draining all the power in the car and I buy my fuel from certain places

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by mokset123: 1:46am On Jul 12, 2022
Dozieson:

wow, I didn't know that, there was one guy who made me believe he was getting good mpg from his own accord dc v6, 250 to 270 miles from full tank to empty
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by Dozieson(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2022
mokset123:
wow, I didn't know that, there was one guy who made me believe he was getting good mpg from his own accord dc v6, 250 to 270 miles from full tank to empty

It maybe possible. Although I use Camry 2005. I do about 720km with full tank of 70liters in abuja

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by mokset123: 11:17am On Jul 12, 2022
Dozieson:

It maybe possible. Although I use Camry 2005. I do about 720km with full tank of 70liers in abuja
wow your mpg is awesome bro, meaning you can fill up your tank once a month now
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by Dozieson(m): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
mokset123:

Lol. I drive to work covering an average of 62km daily for 5 days. I do weekends run around too. I fill up every 2 Weeks

2 Likes

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by BamBamK: 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
mokset123:

Argh

720km ke?? Abi eyes dey pain me ni??

Bros, tell me say na mistake u take type this bogus figure
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by Dozieson(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
BamBamK:

Argh

Na wa you o. Have you used the car before? Have you seen a Toyota Camry 2005 4 cylinder owner complaining about fuel consumption? There maybe but not much

Again, I live in abj not Lagos. The hold up is not much here

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by mokset123: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
BamBamK:

Argh

na the other guy post am, not me, him say na camry he dey drive and he gets 720km on full

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by BamBamK: 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Dozieson:

Na wa you o. Have you used the car before? Have you seen a Toyota Camry 2005 4 cylinder owner complaining about fuel consumption? There maybe but not much

Again, I live in abj not Lagos. The hold up is not much here

Lmao

No vex bros. So e sure say no be mistake u take write d 720km. Abeg, make we do d calculations then. How u dey calculate the kilometres way you dey cover daily? Na verifiable figure? If yes, share details make u fit walk us thru Ur calculations wella

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by BamBamK: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
mokset123:
na the other guy post am, not me, him say na camry he deqy drive and he gets 720km on full

Lol

No vex sir

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by Dozieson(m): 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
BamBamK:

Lmao

No vex bros. So e sure say no be mistake u take write d 720km. Abeg, make we do d calculations then. How u dey calculate the kilometres way you dey cover daily? Na verifiable figure? If yes, share details make u fit walk us thru Ur calculations wella

I live a Kubwa and work in wuse2. The distance from my house to office and back home is about 61km.

Do you leave in Abuja? My my car is not also doing well in terms of fuel economy. I am supposed to be doing 11-12km/l but I am doing and average of 10km/l.

1000k fuel which is 6liters takes me to and from work daily when there was no scarcity

Which car you dey use bro?
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by SamuelTaiw0(m): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
OP your fuel consumption is quite high but for you to get to the bottom of the matter, you'd have to take it one after the other.

What was the condition of the car before? Did you do any repairs before the problem started? What's your maintenance history like? Give us some info. You can also ask Gazzus, he's a recommended auto technician and can give you answers based on his experience.

BTW

I have this Camry here for sale;

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/4813#114725887

You'd love it

1 Like

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by AutoMoTech(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
mokset123:

History of the car,

2. I avoided hard acceleration and braking, infact I stuck to under 60km/h while driving

Make una help me, abi na to sell the car

Let me add my 2 cents. when dealing with fuel consumption take note of the following;
1. Age of the engine. if the engine is old and has gathered alot of mileage, you cannot get the manufacturer stated MPG. High milege engine will have suffered alot of wear & tear. Low cylinder compression will require more fuel to produce the power you need.
2. Quality of fuel available here in Nigeria is very low compared to what's obtainable abroad.
3. Current faults on the engine for example torn intake hoses, vacuum leaks, valve train issues etc can also cause higher fuel consumption.
4. is your MAF/MAP sensor still good? this will greatly affect your fuel consumption. because the ECU uses this signal in addition to other sensors (e.g. engine coolant tempearature etc) to determine how much fuel to spray into the cylinder.
5. O2 sensors. signal from the sensor is used by the ECU to control fuel injection.
6. Fouled/worn spark plugs can also cause weak ignition spark which eventually engine performance.
7. Fuel pump ; if you use a fuel pump with higher pressure than what is recommended or if your fuel pump is weak, it might cause higher fuel consumption.

so OP, do a careful inspection and analysis of your engine. fix all the problems you can find. no matter how little.
begin with scanning the ECU, this should give you pointers on where to begin from.

3 Likes

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by BamBamK: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Dozieson:

I live a Kubwa and work in wuse2. The distance from my house to office and back home is about 61km.

Do you leave in Abuja? My my car is not also doing well in terms of fuel economy. I am supposed to be doing 11-12km/l but I am doing and average of 10km/l.

1000k fuel which is 6liters takes me to and from work daily when there was no scarcity

Which car you dey use bro?

Argh

Mad o

Lagos traffic no dey allow person dey meticulous like this oo... Tuale for Una... Na why the thing be like film trick for my eyes
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by Dozieson(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2022
BamBamK:

Argh

Mad o

Lagos traffic no dey allow person dey meticulous like this oo... Tuale for Una... Na why the thing be like film trick for my eyes

Lol. Traffic is not much in Abuja
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by yemkoguru(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2023
I also have this same issue as OP
my DC 07 consumed roughly 23Ltrs in 117km (iwo road ibadan - owode yewa idiroko) embarassed
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by yemkoguru(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2023
I need suggestions!
Has anyone bin able to solve this issue?
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by yemkoguru(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2023
AutoMoTech:

Let me add my 2 cents. when dealing with fuel consumption take note of the following;
1. Age of the engine. if the engine is old and has gathered alot of mileage, you cannot get the manufacturer stated MPG. High milege engine will have suffered alot of wear & tear. Low cylinder compression will require more fuel to produce the power you need.
2. Quality of fuel available here in Nigeria is very low compared to what's obtainable abroad.
3. Current faults on the engine for example torn intake hoses, vacuum leaks, valve train issues etc can also cause higher fuel consumption.
4. is your MAF/MAP sensor still good? this will greatly affect your fuel consumption. because the ECU uses this signal in addition to other sensors (e.g. engine coolant tempearature etc) to determine how much fuel to spray into the cylinder.
5. O2 sensors. signal from the sensor is used by the ECU to control fuel injection.
6. Fouled/worn spark plugs can also cause weak ignition spark which eventually engine performance.
7. Fuel pump ; if you use a fuel pump with higher pressure than what is recommended or if your fuel pump is weak, it might cause higher fuel consumption.

so OP, do a careful inspection and analysis of your engine. fix all the problems you can find. no matter how little.
begin with scanning the ECU, this should give you pointers on where to begin from.

hmmmm
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by AutoManual: 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
yemkoguru:
I also have this same issue as OP
my DC 07 consumed roughly 23Ltrs in 117km (iwo road ibadan - owode yewa idiroko) embarassed
not bad. Thats 72 miles. Is it v6?
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by boldx(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
Tyre size

Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by yemkoguru(m): 12:43am On Sep 01, 2023
AutoManual:
not bad. Thats 72 miles. Is it v6?
yes v6
Re: My DC Is A Sucking Fuel .....help by AutoManual: 3:07am On Sep 01, 2023
yemkoguru:

yes v6
it’s operating normal as it should. The consideration is the fuel gauge is not complete. The bad fuel and age in the car. Alk this are factors. Even if you buy corolla you will notice this same thing.

Bad fuel
Meter is not complete
Bad roads
Missing components and aging

(1) (Reply)

Driving Tips / Oil Shortage On 99 Camry / Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.