Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket (12387 Views)

APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket Has Shot Peter Obi's Popularity In The North / Fresh Bayelsa Election: INEC Rejects APC Request, Party Heads For Supreme Court / Zamfara: Supreme Court Rejects APC's Request To Review Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by okanlawon3(m): 9:27am On Jul 12, 2022
Make all this pastors go sit down jare,person wife na pastor for redeem church,how many pastor can marry a Muslim wife

1 Like

Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Dscop: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2022
Ibkhaleel01:
So a xtian can be shameless like this?

Did you think muslims are fools?

We have always been cheated and have remained calm...is that not tolerance?
We are overwhelmly the majority but you guys have always taken things for yourselves!

Lets see fact and see who is intolerant!

WE ARE QUIET BUT NOT DUMB
In the second Republic, the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the presidential candidate of NPP, picked a northern Christian, Prof. Ishaya Audu as his running mate, thereby flying a Christian-Christian ticket. However, the presidential candidate of UPN, the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, went a notch higher by flying not only a Christian-
Christian ticket, but also a southern-southern one, when he picked, as his running mate and Igbo man, the late Chief Umeadi. In both instances, however, Muslims in Nigeria did not abuse anyone nor threatened thunder and brimstones.

Why are you foaming in the mouth? grin

Tolerant my asss....didn't you degenerates murder a girl some weeks ago over a WhatsApp message in that country?

You forgot to add religion of 'peace' though, to make it a complete statement.

Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Okoroawusa: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2022
Why are we shouting get your PVC upandan? Is it not to vote your preferred candidate?

So why all these noise?

You don't have to vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu!... Simple!!!
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by babafesfes: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Hypocrisy will kill you thete
The current PDP ticket in Osun state is A CHRISTIAN/ CHRISTIAN ticket in a state that 60% are Muslims
https:///Gvz4GyE11c
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Basicend: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2022
lansile:
What had Christian-Muslim or Muslim-Christian got us ?
After Muslim-Muslim is tried and Failed we go for Christian-Christian next

You are crazy.

That nonsense is dead on arrival.
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2022
waynetee:
Truth! All he said are pure truths and not religious in any way.

This is common sense, Muslim-Muslim government has a very bad side especially at this current state of the country unless either or both Tinubu or shettima are ready to be saboteurs of their Religion.

We know all what these insurgents wants, and it is happening that is to say, to force their religion on people.

So, you think that Tinubu and Shettima, should they...God forbid, ...win, would suddenly make the country Muslim?

Sudan that tried to islamise the Southern part of their country, how did it end? They lost 75% of their income with one stroke of the pen, and after two destructive civil wars even. Shey you think Muslim elite like Dangote will sit down and watch their investments in the christian areas of this country vanish because 'Nigeria must become muslim nation?

Even if Tinubu passes a law to the Naitonal Assembly trying to islamise Nigeria, ya think it would pass? Without conflict.? Plus, most of the NA won't even approve the law. Plus changing the constitution to even allow for a state religion is going to be a big pain in the neck. Plus it would kukuma provoke crisis.

You guys should dump this Islamise Nigeria story. For years they kept shouting that Buhari would islamise Nigeria if he took over. It has been seven years. Nothing. Most christians still go to church, still practice their religion, and even when christian villages are being attacked, far more Muslim villages are being attacked. Sharia law has not even advnaced to the SOuth.

Me, I am not buying this Islamise story again. And I am not voting for APC...because Tinubu and Shettima were not fantastic governors...their succesors did and are doing far more better than them., and because they represent a party that promised change and failed. Not because of Muslim-muslim ticket.
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Tinubu the unity of Nigeria is bigger than your selfish interest

The feeling in Niger Delta that fuel this nation is intense now, Nigeria can not afford them joining secession call

The Borno State Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Bishop Naga Mohammed, has described as untrue reports in the social media that he had supported the choice of a former governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Ibrahim Shettima by the All Progressives Congress as the running mate to its presidential flag bearer in the 2023 election, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to him, he neither granted any interview to any journalist nor issued any press statement to that effect.

Mohammed, in an interview with The PUNCH, said the story which had gone viral was taken from what he said in 2017 when Boko Haram was devastating Borno State at a time when Shettima was the governor.

He said, “I have not granted an interview to anybody and never issued any statement. Was it not yesterday (Sunday) they said they had appointed him (Shettima)? How come I granted interview at the APC secretariat?

“Nobody called me. No journalist called me, except when this thing happened, when the papers were carrying it viral, then people were calling me.

“Right now, I’m somehow angry and not even composed to talk very well. The story they are carrying was in 2017 when Boko Haram was devastating Borno when Kashim Shettima was the governor.

“They picked that story and I, being CAN chairman, they now levelled it against me. I am just framed up and I don’t even have trust speaking with journalists, including you, because I don’t know what else you will write.”

https://punchng
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Samunique(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2022
adioolayi:

Tell yourself the truth.

All indices is pointing towards Tinubu's emergency....despite this moral blunder he has made with unbalanced religion representation....It is the well calculated move that can guarantee him votes
Bro, which indices are you talking about?

Don't you see what's going on ?

Tinubu will not be president, go and bookmark this post, I'm not being emotional here, I'm telling you the reality !

Do you think I wanted him lose ?
The name Tinubu is from my clan, OWU Abeokuta.... It is well, it's not everything one would be sharing on social media, Tinubu won't be president !
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Alsakinah: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Honourable Bishop, do you have a Christian/Muslim at the government house in Calabar?

Hypocrisy is our number one problem in Nigeria, Shallowness is number two.
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Grandmeister(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Bashirkareem31:
Complaints coming from people who won't vote for him even if he chooses a Christian VP.
Because there are no card carrying Christians in the apc party or Christians who voted apc in past elections. It is this complete withdrawal from reality and arrogance! angry
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by pappydeewhy: 9:39am On Jul 12, 2022
famology:

Just vote your choice. No need for the noise. It's a game and everybody has his strategy.
what happen to freedom of speech?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by sirray001: 9:40am On Jul 12, 2022
pleasureosondu:
[b]Anglican bishop rejects APC’s Muslim-Muslim ticket[/b]why making this Muslim-muslim ticket to look like an issue. Tinubu has made his choice just like any other person. Everyone has a right to his or her choice. Since it is not against the constitution. I know that Nigeria is a secular country. We should not let it look as if APC is suppose to win the oncoming election. Get your pvc and vote for your choice. But I have a premonition that APC wants to rig the election.

https://punchng.com/anglican-bishop-rejects-apcs-muslim-muslim-ticket/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=165755510
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by MMWandali: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2022
efjaydee:
He could still win. This is Nigeria.

Only by the usual rigging and vote buying

Abeg I want MTN data
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by VeryWickedMan: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2022
Dscop:

Why are you foaming in the mouth? grin

Tolerant my asss....didn't you degenerates murder a girl some weeks ago over a WhatsApp message in that country?

You forgot to add religion of 'peace' though, to make it a complete statement.

Gbamsolutely

Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Funflipper: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2022
Samunique:
Tinubu has failed already !

My fear is that, this his political blunder may pave way for another Fulani northerner, Atiku, (I saw this clearly) it's just a pity that Tinubu allowed himself to be deceived and threw away what would have been an opportunity to rescue power from the Fulani North.

As it is now I'm afraid, Atiku would win, though I prefer Peter Obi cry

Atiku is not going to win. All those cry muslim-muslim ticket were never going to vote APC in the first place.
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ibroopeyemi(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2022
Season of rejection by christian leaders,them too want to trend, preaching on good governance is not their priority na to dey distabalizing Nigerian more and more on the coming government.to create another problem .
South we should understand for a Muslim south to become a president he need a Muslim from North,same thing to northern Muslim will need a Christian from the south.
It's our turn we South West .
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by babytoun: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Tflex01:
Well, I don't understand.

I thought they all said Muslim-Muslim ticket is a guarantee that Tinubu will lose. I thought they said the contest is now between Obi and Atiku....

So what is the agitation for when they still have choices lol

But tinubu will definitely lose na . As is except edo I cant see any Ss or SE state where tinubu will get 30%

For your information if the battle looks close at election time kwankwanso will step down for Atiku ..aboki will always support aboki ...shetimma is no match for atiku in NE

With this Muslim Muslim ticket if real votes are counted even in lagos tinubu won't get more than 70%
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2022
Samunique:

My fear is that, this his political blunder may pave way for another Fulani northerner, Atiku, (I saw this clearly) it's just a pity that Tinubu allowed himself to be deceived and threw away what would have been an opportunity to rescue power from the Fulani North.

Las Las atiku would be the 2023 compromise

Fulani is appeased

North is appeased

South is appeased

Muslims are appeased

Christian's are appeased

Marginalized North East is appeased
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Iceberg3: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2022
adioolayi:
If politicians and political parties thinks about emotions, feelings, equity, justice, balance and other sane and moral justifications the non-politicians and the masses talks about in their decision making process,

.….Will PDP ever think of fielding an Atiku....knowing fully well that a Northerner in Buhari as been there and will complete 8 good years Without considering there are Southerners in this country

....will a Kwankwaso also say he wants to be President after Buhari's 8 years rule

...Will A Bola Tinubu pick a Muslim as his running mate

....Will a Peter Obi make it a "by force to rule" and not stay put at PDP, rally round his people and ensure they get PDP's ticket

...Will a Wike and other Southern candidates in PDP agree with PDP to throw the ticket open, bad not fight dirty to ensure the ticket is zoned to the South

In all of the Politicians and Political parties actions, where have we really seen equity, fairness, balance as a driving force in their decision making

They are all same of same....their choices are motivated by how best they feel they can WIN POWER...not about how you feel, sentiment, emotions, religious views, equity and what have you. They strategize JUST TO WIN ...nothing more!

We have a choice as citizens...use your PVC to make your own choice too!

Only one man caused all these nonsense and that man is tinubu.
He is a moslem and was the first to declare, knowing fully well that buhari is moslem.

Kwankwaso and Atiku only capitalized on the door thrown open by tinubu.
All their thoughts was that a Christian southerner should succeed buhari..Atiku even stated that if the PDP zoned the ticket to the SE,he would step down but how can PDP do that when selfish tinubu already hijacked the APC.

His rascality started at the house of representatives during GEJ's 1st real tenure.
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2022
babytoun:

But tinubu will definitely lose na . As is except edo I cant see any Ss or SE state where tinubu will get 30%

For your information if the battle looks close at election time kwankwanso will step down for Atiku ..aboki will always support aboki ...shetimma is no match for atiku in NE

With this Muslim Muslim ticket if real votes are counted even in lagos tinubu won't get more than 70%
tinubu may not get 25% in Edo sef

Na here I dey, the uproar radio stations keep receiving from masses when they discuss it is something else

Now added to the referendum they gave him in 2020 election
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by babytoun: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2022
Alsakinah:
Honourable Bishop, do you have a Christian/Muslim at the government house in Calabar?

Hypocrisy is our number one problem in Nigeria, Shallowness is number two.

You want a Christian/ Muslim ticket in a state where Muslims are less than 5%? .make una use brain na ..

In Nigeria the muslim Christian spread is almost 50-50 and when an innocent girl was recently burnt inside a school before security agents on religious grounds you want to tell use muslim/muslim ticket does not.matter but we should look at competence ..spits..which competence shetimma get ? Wetin he do ?
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Funflipper: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2022
Nikkitaboy:

Rant!!!!!
keep on ranting
is it only the northerners that are the people in Nigeria,
if you guys waan rule alone, then allpw the south go.

the british united North and south not north and north sp the power has to shift

He is right. Tinubu is a southerner with a good chance of becoming the president come 2023 but instead of supporting him, you people would rather pull him down to Atiku's benefit which will make 16 consecutive years of wailing let the south go. Where is the sense in that?
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by zionstaar75: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2022
Samunique:

atiku can never win,its between obi and tinubu and obi now has a brighter chance
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by honor4me: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2022
Talking of religious balancing.. Check these facts

*Facts On Religious Balancing Of Joint Electoral Tickets in Nigeria*

*Fact 1:*
Total States in Nigeria - 36
Christian Governors - 20 (56%)
Muslim Governors - 16 (44%).

*Fact 2:*
Christian Dep Govs - 22 (61%)
Muslim Dep Govs - 14 (39%)

*Fact 3:*
Total States in the South - 17
Christian Governors - 16 (94%)
Muslim Governors - 1 (6%)

*Fact 4:*
Total States in the North - 19
Christian Governors - 4 (21%)
Muslim Governors - 15 (79%)

*Fact 5:*
Christian Dep Govs - 14 (82%)
Muslim Dep Govs - 3 (18%)

*Fact 6:*
Christian Dep Govs - 8 (42%)
Muslim Dep Govs - 11 (58%)

*Matter of Conscience:*
1. Which region has been more tolerant of religious diversity in the joint-ticket elections in Nigeria?

2. Which faith has been more tolerant of grossly lopsided joint tickets in Nigeria?

National
Why did obi pick a Muslim northerner as Vice... Ans. To attract votes not religious reason.

Why did Atiku pick Southern Okowa.. Is to get votes not because Okowa is christian.

Why did tinubu pick Shetima.. To attract votes.

They all are adopting different strategies to win the election. Simple.

If you won't vote BAT/KASH don't vote but don't stoke religious intolerance it won't do this country any good.

#SayNoToReligiousIntolerance

ME: with the above facts some brainwashed Christians especially from South still spread the islamization agenda propaganda
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by shilefan2(m): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2022
press9jatv:
Tinubu ti lule finally.

This got me laughing real bad...
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Thanos5555: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2022
what you typed is not accurate

Nigeria In to North, East, West

classifying that East and West are called south, is really unfair (thats not what is even relevant now)
in the 19's Religion was never an issue, only ethnicity,Religion was not even a consideration, the North supported Gowon, Northern christians are the ones who killed Easterners the most. during riots. once you speak hausa, you get spared.

Religion became a problem when Northern region became divided administratively, into it various local tribes, there had to be unifying factor to bring everyone together against the East and South, which have been wrong during war, and administrative period, this is what brought about , rallying behind religion.

and subsequent silent war, with the Northern christians like plateau and kaduna
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Samunique(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
zionstaar75:
atiku can never win,its between obi and tinubu and obi now has a brighter chance
What makes you think so ?
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Goldforever: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2022
Honestly what has all these religion baseless posts and comments ? This is politics and there is no law any where that we must have religion inclusive in our politics, what those who are not Christans and Musilms ?

Why must religion be above competency? The most important question is .. the VP candidate is he competent? His religion is next to nothing as far politics is concerned.

PYO is a Christian VP to a Musilm President so how has that preached the Christians gosoel ? Or increased Christians population in Nigeria. ?

What are the gains? Or the big pastors are only crying for their selfishness in getting their fat envelope on each visit to ASO?

Nigerians let's be wise religion has no place in politics and until we stop this kind of nonsense reasoning only will our polity grow fa.

BAT have choosing whom he feels will work with him if elected so why the noise ? I am a Christian but not a brainwashed mumu Christian type .... All we need is a man who can lead us and not monkeys in the religion ligalia

Competence over everything.
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by babytoun: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2022
honor4me:
Talking of religious balancing.. Check these facts

*Facts On Religious Balancing Of Joint Electoral Tickets in Nigeria*

*Fact 1:*
Christian Governors - 20 (56%)
Muslim Governors - 16 (44%).

*Fact 2:*
Christian Dep Govs - 22 (61%)
Muslim Dep Govs - 14 (39%)

*Fact 3:*
Christian Governors - 16 (94%)
Muslim Governors - 1 (6%)

*Fact 4:*
Christian Governors - 4 (21%)
Muslim Governors - 15 (79%)

*Fact 5:*
Christian Dep Govs - 14 (82%)
Muslim Dep Govs - 3 (18%)

*Fact 6:*
Christian Dep Govs - 8 (42%)
Muslim Dep Govs - 11 (58%)

*Matter of Conscience:*
1. Which region has been more tolerant of religious diversity in the joint-ticket elections in Nigeria?

2. Which faith has been more tolerant of grossly lopsided joint tickets in Nigeria?

National
Why did obi pick a Muslim northerner as Vice... Ans. To attract votes not religious reason.

Why did Atiku pick Southern Okowa.. Is to get votes not because Okowa is christian.

Why did tinubu pick Shetima.. To attract votes.

They all are adopting different strategies to win the election. Simple.

If you won't vote BAT/KASH don't vote but don't stoke religious intolerance it won't do this country any good.

#SayNoToReligiousIntolerance

ME: with the above facts some brainwashed Christians especially from South still spread the islamization agenda propaganda

Religious intolerance or religious suppression? What has happened to those that burnt an innocent before school authorities...this is not 1993 ..tinubus ambition is too small to sacrifice the harmony and peace of this country..

I SAY NO TO MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET ...NOT WHEN THE VP IS NOT EVEN A FAIRLY LIBERAL TYPE
Re: Anglican Bishop, Rev Nneoyi Egbe Rejects APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by zionstaar75: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2022
Samunique:
What makes you think so ?
apart from Jigawa and Adamawa,taraba pdp won't win any other state in the north.im 100% sure.kwakwanso will win kano and apc will the rest because of the Muslim/Muslim ticket. Obi will have more votes in the south now and I'm projecting he might now win lagos because of Christian sentiments/ibo support Se and ss. If only obi can get like 3 northern states and 25% in the rest he'll be president. For now tinubu is leading but not by very much.I pray Peter Obi wins sha,I dislike apc,they're an evil party

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan / 3 Killed, 5 Burnt In Ibadan Tanker Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.