Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion (12377 Views)

Shell To Sell More Oil Assets In Nigeria / Sell Nigeria Instead Of Taking N6 Trillion Fresh Loan - Timi Frank Tells Buhari / 2019: Atiku Is Planning To Sell Nigeria On Alibaba- Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by ogododo: 10:37am On Jan 16
Shell Plc agreed to sell its Nigerian onshore oil assets to a consortium of local companies for more than $1.3 billion.

If approved by the government, the transaction would fulfill Shell’s long-term goal of extracting itself from a challenging operating environment in the Niger Delta region. Beyond the initial price tag, Shell said it will receive additional payments of as much as $1.1 billion.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-01-16/shell-to-sell-nigeria-onshore-oil-business-for-1-3-billion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by ogododo: 10:41am On Jan 16
Nawa o.

4 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by lexylaw09: 10:42am On Jan 16
After all the atrocities they have committed. They're taking the easy way out.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by money121(m): 10:46am On Jan 16
All is well

Billion
Billion
Yi noni

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Kenochi(m): 10:58am On Jan 16
Let me take sometime to educate Nigerians before some people will come here and start claiming that the Economy is failing
Most operators in Nigeria's Upstream Oil and Gas Sector know that their game is up,there was a time Nigeria through the NNPCL had to resort to the importation of Refined Crude oil for close to 20 years.This allowed NNPCL and most Oil and Gas companies to participate in the controversy Oil Swap
Most Oil and Gas Companies used this fraudulent practice to shortchange the country, they collected crude oil and brought back Refined crude oil and still collected subsidy. Nigeria was fair game and all this big Oil companies looted Nigeria dry
Then something happened, the Dangote Refinery was mooted and this would put an end to this evil practice. Most Oil Companies knee that if this Refinery ever started their easy money was over
My people, this is what is happening. I am confident that more Oil companies will leave the country because their access to free money is gone for good

Still selling good properties with good titles at the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub....kindly check my signature

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by dejonathan(f): 10:58am On Jan 16
I no kuku understand..
The news wey me dey expect na news wey talk say 50kg of rice is now selling for 10k..

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by sukkot: 10:58am On Jan 16
tongue
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Brendaniel: 10:58am On Jan 16
The transaction would fulfill Shell’s long-term goal of extracting itself from a challenging operating environment in the Niger Delta region.

I wanted to say something about this, but let me reserve my comment for now.

7 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by sofeo(m): 10:59am On Jan 16
It's well.
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Goodoldays(m): 10:59am On Jan 16
Tinubu wee handuu economy,Shettibobo wee handuu security

22 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Felix6: 10:59am On Jan 16
Wetin E mean? Make who understand explain abeg.
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by bro4u: 10:59am On Jan 16
One Nigerian politician can buy that business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by dubaino(m): 11:00am On Jan 16
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by freshkpomo(m): 11:00am On Jan 16

Let's divide this country but some mumu say no. Una nor know say na because we too get diversity that why the leaders can mess with us. For this Benin when I dey so, of any politician Bleep up, na once we dey agree to vote against am because we are one people and it's much easier. But if you check Edo north, they always vote differently from us because their culture and religion still different. She'll don Bleep up well well for Nigeria and they ought to pay.

5 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Lagosianswag: 11:00am On Jan 16
The buyers' names should be listed in the dailies.
Transparency in this transaction is needed.

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by InteliJ(f): 11:00am On Jan 16
I think oil companies are now moving to sustainable energy

That's the new oil

Is petroleum engineering a viable course to study in big 2024? I don't think so.

But since time revealeth all things, we shall know 5 - 10 years from now.

7 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by ecolime(m): 11:00am On Jan 16
A very sad day cry

SPDC sold but SNEPCO remains.

The divestment on land and swamp assets has been in the pipeline for several years so this isn't surprising.

SPDC has been sold to Rennaisance. The new major stakeholders in this group are ND Western, Aradel, Waltersmith group and Co.

I just hope the new owners don't act like typical wicked Nigerian employers 🙄

Their union should follow through on their struggle for severance packages with or without transition to the new owners.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by verybadmouth(m): 11:00am On Jan 16
Good they will now be owned by Locals. But we need to know who the locals are o

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by aieromon(m): 11:00am On Jan 16
Offshore production is the new game for IOCs. Let local companies manage the expectations of the oil producing communities, their insatiable needs and recurring oil theft.

Tony Elumelu is still struggling to manage OML 17.

https://businessday.ng/energy/article/nigerias-onshore-oil-output-dips-as-iocs-hold-sway-in-offshore/

IOCs began abandoning onshore fields when sabotage of oil pipelines by vandals and oil thieves became a norm. The situation was made worse by NNPC’s inability to pay its share of costs for oil production.

“It is more profitable for IOCs to go offshore because the deeper the offshore, the more the stock oil. No community issues, less security threat, and most importantly the easy access to export the crude.”

“These land locations were doing well for Nigeria and were operated by the multinationals, until recently when too many community issues, pipe vandalism, and oil theft emerged. And upon this, you still pay charges to the government.”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by omenka1: 11:01am On Jan 16
sad
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Donedeal1(m): 11:01am On Jan 16
Shell join japa

The jungle don red

5 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by fawaz050(m): 11:02am On Jan 16
how much is the $1.2B if not for sapa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Omola2ulv: 11:03am On Jan 16
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by SharingIsLife(m): 11:03am On Jan 16
Shell to sell
Its oil well
And out of hell.
Oh ring the bell

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Sagacity3711(m): 11:03am On Jan 16
How will that be of benefits for the common man on the street?
Somebody should please elucidate more

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by socialmediaman: 11:03am On Jan 16
Only $1.3B? Is it that cheap, or worthless?

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by yesloaded: 11:04am On Jan 16
Well played
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Gbadugbakun(m): 11:05am On Jan 16
Every foreign company is exiting Nigeria. Wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Yousuph007(m): 11:05am On Jan 16
Omo
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:06am On Jan 16
........ Shell extracting itself from a challenging operating environment in the Niger Delta region.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma / Celebrities And Policemen Protest Against Gender Based Violence / Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.