Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,799 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... (6277 Views)

Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency / If SW Seriously Needs Amotekun Then They Must Adopt Sharia Law. / Lagos Revenue In 2018 Was Higher Than That Of The Entire South-East - NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Eddygourdo(m): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wallade:

The statement in bold letters is the reason you are being played.

"Igbos are not interested in politics"? Are you serious at all. Why do you have Governors, House of representatives members in state and at National level, Local Govt Chairmen, Senators and others. Why is Obi contesting for presidency? Why were you pressure groups demanding all party to present Igbo man as presidential candidate before the emergence of the flag bearers. If you will forget everything I have schooled you here, please don't ever forget this: every one is involved in politics, actively or passively, one way or another. The political skills, maturity and sagacity is the difference between everyone.

Is there any region in Nigeria where there is no slum, including your South East? Is there no slum in USA, UK and Canada and others? Is there any part of the world where there is no slum?

Mr Igbo, up your political game and stop being ignorant. You need to mature into fine and sagacious politician to get the best out of Nigeria. Imagine the knowledge, attributes and skills that you have combined with advanced and refined political prowess. I can bet you will not be here lamenting about the Southwest.
in your hurry to respond, you didn't read. Mr yoruba read, it is in fine print, So that you don't respond ignorantly to something I already answered ( see bold). Since you didn't respond on what your political sagaciousness has benefited the south west for all the years you have played it, and you are still as backward as the south east that doesn't know how to play it, can we now agree that you are the problem of Nigeria? If not for anything your being the problem comes from your lack of awareness in your abilities and the benefits it accrues to you.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by OsunOriginal: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wallade:

The statement in bold letters is the reason you are being played.

"Igbos are not interested in politics"? Are you serious at all. Why do you have Governors, House of representatives members in state and at National level, Local Govt Chairmen, Senators and others. Why is Obi contesting for presidency? Why were you pressure groups demanding all party to present Igbo man as presidential candidate before the emergence of the flag bearers. If you will forget everything I have schooled you here, please don't ever forget this: every one is involved in politics, actively or passively, one way or another. The political skills, maturity and sagacity is the difference between everyone.

Is there any region in Nigeria where there is no slum, including your South East? Is there no slum in USA, UK and Canada and others? Is there any part of the world where there is no slum?

Mr Igbo, up your political game and stop being ignorant. You need to mature into fine and sagacious politician to get the best out of Nigeria. Imagine the knowledge, attributes and skills that you have combined with advanced and refined political prowess. I can bet you will not be here lamenting about the Southwest.

He doesn't know what he is saying. Making yourself a political liability at the national level by not playing politics the right way doesn't mean you're not interested in politics.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Wallade(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
in your hurry to respond, you didn't read. Mr yoruba read, it is in fine print, So that you don't respond ignorantly to something I already answered ( see bold). Since you didn't respond on what your political sagaciousness has benefited the south west for all the years you have played it, and you are still as backward as the south east that doesn't know how to play it, can we now agree that you are the problem of Nigeria? If not for anything your being the problem comes from your lack of awareness in your abilities and the benefits it accrues to you.

It is hopeless trying to school you. Continue to see Southwest and Yorubas as your problem; who cares?

Enjoy your ignorance.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Carlosdd: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
there is no hatred. I only stated a fact. I am OBIDATTI. If obi wasn't contesting buy osinbanjo was, I will be osinbanjo as long as he leave APC. I am for competence. Osinbanjo might not have held positions to judge him fairly, but he has ideas that can move a nation forward. Well from all candidates available, like I said before I am OBIDATTI. My one vote , even if it is wasted will go there.

I don't have issues with who anyone chooses to vote for. We only went on attack when they won't let us be and always attacked our choices. I am sure you are one of those who did same.

By vote and support your preferred candidate is never a crime but prepare to accept the outcome of the 2023 election in good faith
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Wallade(m): 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
OsunOriginal:

He doesn't know what he is saying. Making yourself a political liability at the national level by not playing politics the right way doesn't mean you're not interested in politics.

He is simply ignorant and he thinks he is informed.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Aldol: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wallade:

It is hopeless trying to school you. Continue to see Southwest and Yorubas as your problem; who cares?

Enjoy your ignorance.
Leave that guy alone, schooling him is a waste of time.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Eddygourdo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
Carlosdd:

By vote and support your preferred candidate is never a crime but prepare to accept the outcome of the 2023 election in good faith
sure. Peter obi has said that many times. We are not desperate. We obidients have said same. However I cannot assure you of same resolve and outcome, if our votes are hijacked through rigging or disenfranchisement. What Nigeria sees afterwards would be fair in love and war.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Eddygourdo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wallade:

Enjoy your ignorance.
ok. You cannot school me though. You aren't qualified sir. And that part that be publicly proven with a Google search.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by femisplash: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I laff in 3D at you guys. So, @ emee701, because my mum is lagosian now makes me fake abi? But in 2015 when I voted buhari and carried him on my head, then I wasn't fake. Who's more fake between me and your mentor Tinubu who hails from Osun and without any link here? The way you guys think amazes me always.

My dad despite being edo was born in lagos, he schooled in lagos. He has all his houses here. His mum is also lagosian from the Kosoko family. While his great grand father was of Oshodin family who were the the early settlers of Eko from Edo state. What's known as Oshodi today was originally called Oshodin which is an edo word. Or can you tell me the yoruba meaning of oshodi? grin. Edo were early settlers of Lagos. Look at the way Obas in Lagos are dressedand and compare this with the Edo Obas. Oba Akiolu sef attested to this. I'm full bloodied lagosian.

Let's put history aside. Whoever we support is our business and so, we should all be respected for our choices. You guys all saw a Sokoto youth sponsoring Peter Obi's billboard as posted here recently. He even said he's produce more.

Watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byS5mlQQ_jA

Are you also calling this guy fake fulani, despite his clear and audible accent? Did you not hear a popular imam in kano openly saying nobody should vote Tinubu yesterday? Guys, if you see the truth but choose to shy away from it, it's the worst of sins and atrocities any human could commit.

In Oyo state today, you cannot mention Tinubu except you're ready to get igbati to gbona lala. Are those guys also fake yoruba? Those states in which apc lost to the pdp in the south west in 2019, were they also fake yoruba? I don't want to talk of a cosmopolitan lagos where the margin of votes was so slim between apc and pdp in same year. This shows clearly that Tinubu isn't popular in Yorubaland. If you're popular .you'd not be intimidating people and be sponsoring violence in order to have your way.

That said. Among all the politicians, you and I know Peter Obi is the only one with a clear agenda and integrity. My maternal family is very close to Tinubu. According to mama, he used to come to our place in the 80s to visit baba jakande and be pleading for relevance. We know his real age and history from osun state. How can an 80 year old lie on oath that he's just 70? Is that integrity? His wife hajia died in 2018 at age 74.

This same man sold buhari to us in 2015. Is your life better today than it was before 2015? Do you have a car, a generator, a job, a business? If yes and you're still supporting an apc candudate despite paying heavily on fuel. Your conscience is dead.

Come 2023, we shall know who's fake yorubas cos of all the fellow yorubas polled, only 2 out of 10 said they'd vote tinubu. The rest said its Obi and this cuts across Christianity and Islam. There's an alhpaa in my neighbourhood who never misses the prayers 5 times daily . He's supporting Obi, even using Obi's picture as his DP. God almighty is my witness. So, I'd urge you think logically instead of being sentimental. Sentiments pull down a nation but integrity upholds it
Our Edo friends are here again cc; TAO11, Christistruth01,Ideadoctor, nisai, Balogunodua, babtoundey, LegendHero, gomojam, 7lives timemanager, haffaze777, forgiveness, Olu317

1 Like

Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Wallade(m): 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
ok. You cannot school me though. You aren't qualified sir. And that part that be publicly proven with a Google search.

Can you define "Schooling".

grin You want me to check you out on google abi because you have all the first, second, third degrees in the world plus all the professional certificates, abi. Is that because you been all over the world and we'll travelled or.....

What exactly makes you think a little baby born a year ago can't school you?

Laugh wan kill me here. You are so ignorant, my Igbo brother or antagonist, whatever you choose.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Eddygourdo(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wallade:

Can you define "Schooling".

grin You want me to check you out on google abi because you have all the first, second, third degrees in the world plus all the professional certificates, abi. Is that because you been all over the world and we'll travelled or.....

What exactly makes you think a little baby born a year ago can't school you?

Laugh wan kill me here. You are so ignorant, my Igbo brother or antagonist, whatever you choose.
you can't school me. You are not qualified.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Tolu181: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
emee701:
abi. The blackmailing cant work on yorubas. I'm a christian from ibadan. You cant expect me to leave tinubu to vote fulani atiku or ipob obi. Even if the ticket is babalawo babalawo, tinubu has my vote
you are just tribalistic
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by emee701(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tolu181:
you are just tribalistic
Yorubas are voting for tinubu. We have no business with who the vp is
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Tolu181: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
emee701:
Yorubas are voting for tinubu. We have no business with who the vp is
just say you and your senseless family will vote tinubu

Do you think Tinubu will last in that seat, The north will definitely kill him off to take the power as always..

Use your senses, stupid dude.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Tolu181: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
Aldol:

I will have to give it a deep thought, there is still time to make decisions
if Tinubu wins

That church killing will be a child's play, no church will in Yorubaland come 2023 and beyond

Use your head.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by emee701(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tolu181:
just say you and your senseless family will vote tinubu

Do you think Tinubu will last in that seat, The north will definitely kill me off to take the power as always..

Use your senses, stupid dude.
Worthless ipobian using yoruba moniker. Yorubas are voting tinubu. Kill yourself
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Tolu181: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
emee701:
Worthless ipobian using yoruba moniker. Yorubas are voting tinubu. Kill yourself
any Yoruba that opposes your opinion is igbo

Tribalistic dude
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Aldol: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tolu181:
if Tinubu wins

That church killing will be a child's play, no church will in Yorubaland come 2023 and beyond

Use your head.
Oga that can't happen irrespective of who wins. Just pray for the best man to win
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by emee701(m): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tolu181:
any Yoruba that opposes your opinion is igbo

Tribalistic dude
Ipobian oloripelebe dey disguise
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by OKOATA(m): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
emee701:
Are you not fake/half yoruba? Your dad is from ekiti while your mum is igbo
Bros you no get work Ajeh. I just de laugh cos you de make me laugh. I know know say you sabi me wella reach my mama house.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by orisa37: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
No. You are wrong.
The SW owes nothing to NIGERIA.
NIGERIA owes The present SCON/NCN APOLOGIES
BECAUSE
IN 2015, OBASANJO WARNED AGAINST THE IN PENDING RUGA. ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.
IBB HAS ALWAYS TOLD US ABOUT BUHARI.
GO TO GOOGLE AND YOU WILL LEARN ALL ABOUT MACBAN, BOKOHARAM, BANDITS, ISWA, BMF-BOKOISWA, FUNAM ETCETERA ETCETERA.
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by orisa37: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
DispatcherLagos, you are talking gibberish against The YORUBAS.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Oyiboman69: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

Does that not show shallow elements like you that we have gone backwards horribly? Can you not see what is obvious about our inevitable national future?

Below is what Yorubas want. It is what every region should want too. Only a strong man like Tinubu, however he gets to the centre, can deliver it and set us all free from the ethnic division and bad blood threatening to destroy Nigeria.

Fck 'one Nigeria'. Let a fairer Nigeria emerge with no parasitism.

A Nigeria where every man, woman, State and region will be encouraged to work for optimal success, without impediment from anything or anyone, according to their readiness to do what is right and developmental

Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by emee701(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
OKOATA:
Bros you no get work Ajeh. I just de laugh cos you de make me laugh. I know know say you sabi me wella reach my mama house.
Half/fake yoruba. You know it is the truth. Your mum is igbo while your dad is from ekiti. You arent real yoruba

1 Like

Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by DCatt: 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nigerian Vp is a glorified butler please!

The position of Vp is overrated. I don't know if too much heat has anything to do with human brains or the problem is in the water. What is wrong with Nigerians?

Could Osinbajo have stopped Buhari from doing anything?

What policy does a Nigerian Vp enact?
NwaIdeato:
The SW due to their greed for power have unwittingly sold the North a perfect ace card to use and politically dominate Nigeria for a very long time...by agreeing to the Muslim/Muslim ticket, the South West have now given the North the impetus to dare Nigeria and even float a North/North ticket in the nearest future...after all if we are seeing a time in Nigeria's political history when a Muslim/Muslim ticket is allowed...who's to say the North will not attempt a North/North ticket soon? And who will stop them if they do?

Honestly yorubas are the biggest problems we have in Nigeria, now the indigenous Northern Christians have seen through the dishonesty and duplicity of the yorubas, the South South are now disengaging themselves from yaribas...the few poor Yaribaa Christians are helpless and silent...the entire South and Middle Belt are now cutting off the SW...we're seeing a political dynamic where the only friends of the SW will be the core Northern Muslims against the rest of Nigeria
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by TAO11(f): 12:40am On Jul 13, 2022
femisplash:

Our Edo friends are here again

cc; TAO11, Christistruth01,Ideadoctor, nisai, Balogunodua, babtoundey, LegendHero, gomojam, 7lives timemanager, haffaze777, forgiveness, Olu317
Lol. Thanks for the mention.

Eriokanmi:

[s]My dad despite being edo was born in lagos, he schooled in lagos. He has all his houses here. His mum is also lagosian from the Kosoko family. While his great grand father was of Oshodin family who were the[/s]
Lol.

Save “you & us” the stress of what we will never know whether true or false about your dad; as well as what will never be verifiable by us about him. It’s pointless.

Its non-verifiableness makes it irrelevant, and adds 0 weight to your position. It probably detracts from your position because it’s most likely another Edo lie.

It’s irrelevant in any case. So don’t even sweat it.

the early settlers of Eko from Edo state
If what you mean is that the name “Eko” was given to this island (inside Lagos state) by the Ẹdos (i.e. Binis); I’m sorry to break it to you that such statement is yet another popular but miserably false Ẹdo assertion.

Two pieces of information rightly knocks off this Bini fiction, and these pieces of information are:

(a) A Portuguese description of the area in the 1470s.

This Portuguese description of the area appears 100 odd years before the Edos (and other foreigners) first immigrated to this land of the Yoruba autochthones.

This Portuguese description is Lago de Koráme; also spelt Lago de Curamo.

This description first came from Ruy de Sequiera who explored the island area around the year 1472.

This piece of land (Eko island) is of course surrounded by water. He described this waterbody in relation to the island it surrounds.

Of course this island has long had a name prior to his arrival and exploration. The locals till date still call it Eko-Aromirẹ, i.e. Aromirẹ’s Eko.

Per Lagos traditions, Aromirẹ is the Awori prince who pioneered its use as oko (farm). This oko (farm) thus became an ereko (a farmstead dependency) of the adjacent Ido island capital.

His “Lago de Koráme” is his Portuguese description of the waterbody surrounding this island. This in English (partly) translates to “Lake of Koráme”.

Koráme (also spelt: Curamo) thus corresponds to the local name of the island. He didn’t rename the island.

A well known name of the island till date among the indigenous people is: “EkoAromi-rẹ”—also sometimes punned as: “EkoAromi-sa”.

His “Koráme”/“Curamo” messy spelling (of the island’s local name) corresponds to no else than EkoAromi-rẹ which is the islands local name.

His “Lago de Koráme” is “Lake of EkoAromi” which, for short, is “Lake of Eko” — his description of the water around the island.

He recorded this in 1472, and that is 100 odd years before the Edos/Binis immigrated to live on the island among the Yoruba autochthones.

In summation; there exists a textual evidence which
demonstrates that the island has had its name “Eko” centuries before the Edo/Binis first immigrated here.

(b) Lagos traditions has maintained for centuries that this island has had its name Eko long before it got transformed from a mere farmstead dependency of Ìdó into having actual settlements of its own.

This centuries-old tradition was captured into writing in the 1920s by A. Burns, a former Acting Governor of Nigeria. He collected & documented this tradition as follows:

Formerly [prior to its name as “Lagos”] it was known as Eko, which name it had received before any settlements were made on the island.” ~Alan C. Burns, “History of Nigeria,” (1929), p. 44.

In summation; the island has had its name “Eko” long, long before the mid-1500s when the Edos (Binis) and the other immigrants first contemplated immigrating to this island of the Yoruba autochthones.
————
Yes the Binis immigrated here later and encountered this word “Eko” as the pre-existing name of this island.

This name thus entered the Bini lexicon since then as an alternative Bini word for “camp” — signifying their camp which they built on a corner of this island when they arrived in the mid-1500s.

What's known as Oshodi today was originally called Oshodin which is an edo word.
FALSE!

First of all, it is NOT called “Oshodin” (“Oṣodin”) in the Edo (aka. Bini) language. Instead, the Edos/Binis call it “Osodin”.

Secondly, pick up the dictionary of the Bini language, you will find the additional details which reads: “Of Yoruba origin”.

In other words, the Bini lexicon tells you clearly that it is a word which originated from Yoruba language and which found its way into the Edo/Bini world/lexicon.

It is for this reason that the Edo/Bini language fails to make etymological sense of this word.

In other words, while the Bini kingdom may continue to bestow the word as a chieftain title, the language of the Edos continues to fail to give us an etymological derivation/meaning of the word itself.

Or can you tell me the yoruba meaning of oshodi? grin.
As we have been informed by the Bini dictionary, this word does not belong originally in the Bini language.

The original Yoruba word as is well known is “Oshodi” (i.e. Oṣòdì). It entered the Benin lexicon as: Ósòdìn

In other words, its etymological meaning can only be found in the Yoruba language, as broken down below:

Oṣòdì = Oṣ’òdì = O ṣe òdì = Oṣ’òdì = Oṣòdì

The most relevant of these etymological components is the word: “òdì”.

This word translates literally into English as: “the inferior contrast in a pair”.

Oṣòdì = Oṣ’òdì = O ṣe òdì.

The Yoruba article “o” here is the noun-maker which in English literally is: “that which”.

The Yoruba word “ṣe” translates literally as: “do”, “act”.

The literal translation of the Yoruba word “Oṣòdì“ is:

That which acts as the inferior contrast in a pair”.
————
As a historical compliment to the foregoing linguistic background, this specific word is mostly remembered to have emerged in Lagos in relation to a certain Nupe man whose actual name is Landuji.

Landuji from Nupeland lived in the Eko palace since a little boy. He grew up to later serve as King Kosoko’s loyal war captain and right-hand man.

Being always in his master’s company as his loyal war captain, right-hand man, and representative; Landuji for all practical intents & purposes appeared as a duo with his master, the king.

He earned and lived the title: Oṣòdì [lit: one who acts as òdì (the lesser complement of a duo) to the king].

Hence the “name” which he is most remembered by today, viz. Chief Oṣodi Tapa. Tapa being the Yoruba name for “Nupe”.

Instead of the title “Oṣòdì”, some Yoruba kingdoms use it as “Òdì-Ọba” [lit. The king’s òdì — i.e. the king’s (lesser) contrast]. While others use other descriptions for the same role or title.

Edo were early settlers of Lagos. Look at the way Obas in Lagos are dressedand and compare this with the Edo Obas. Oba Akiolu sef attested to this.
Yes the Edos/Binis and many other immigrants came to trade/settle on the island in the mid-1500s.

They were welcomed by the autochthonous Yorubas landowners who have been there for centuries prior.
——
The Eko ọbas do NOT DRESS like Edo ọbas in any way, shape, or form. Please point me to one similarity (just one) between the two kings’ dressings.

Thanks.
——
There is no where in the whole wide world, where the present Eko king (Ọba Akiolu) said his dressing or any of his predecessors’ is similar to Ẹdo kings’ dressing.

The most he has mentioned is that there is a strong connection between the Eko monarchy and the Bini monarchy. Specifically, the Eko king called Ado can trace his descent to a certain Bini king — but via his mother. His father being a Yorùbá noble from Isheri.

I'm full bloodied lagosian.
Full blooded? How so? I thought your dad is Ẹdo just now.

Oh by Lagosian you mean you’re a non-indigene of Lagos who live in Lagos (perhaps from birth or from a latter time)?

Cheers.

Cc: ASAPFERG

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by TrueNigerian300: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2022
newbornmacho:

I have to agree. The yoruba Christians in politics have been a disappointment. Just look at fayemi, akeredolu etc all rooting for a Muslim after 8 years of Muslim rule.
Ok how about the clergy? What is adeboye saying? Nothing! Not giving the church direction Because it's not an osinbajo or some other yoruba on the ticket .

I'm totally disappointed

Those you mention dont care about religion but interest. They believe religion and politics are two different things but only poor are crying everywhere.

Poor people nigerian politicians dont about religion but interest.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by TrueNigerian300: 2:00am On Jul 13, 2022
emee701:
Dont let them manipulate you emotionally. The only reason they are supporting obi is because he is igbo and they want a taste of presidency. All ipobians shouting biafra or death are now supporting obi. Yoruba agenda should be for all yorubas because nigeria can never be one. We have no business with the choice of tinubu's vp. Our concern should be tinubu who is our own man

Smart guy the support of Obi is purely ethnic anyone with emitonal intelligence can sense that.Forget all the useless talk of he is this or that. How come people who want Biafra and called Nigeria a zoo support him?? What has change? I repeat the support for Obi is ethnic based and there is nothing wrong with that but stop blackmailing people.

Some yorubas are saying it boldly that their support for Tinubu is because he is Yoruba have you seen any Ibo say this Probably not just to make it look like they are supporting him based on competency.

So despite all the curses and insults you guys want the presidency badly? I thought you guys said you dont want it. Those who planned the coup this is same strategy they use but they are always half smart thinking they are smart.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by Owontime: 2:08am On Jul 13, 2022
There are 18 political parties in Nigeria, if you don't like APC you can vote for YYP,LP,PDP or SDP but I believe that your best option is to go to court or shut up.
Power is going to the SW and after that it goes to the North then returns to SS or SW again.
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by TrueNigerian300: 2:30am On Jul 13, 2022
Eddygourdo:
good , since you sound reasonable to engage, I will engage you.

As a yoruba man, can you tell me what your issues are with an igbo man. Why do you have trepidation at an igbo man. The yoruba and igbo have lived together for years without a tribal or religious crisis all the years. Igbo villages are inhabited by yoruba and yoruba villages are inhabited by igbos. Now I ask again what are your issues with an igbo man.

The civil war was mainly between the igbo and the North, the yoruba fought in it by association , even though they were instrumental in the defeat of igbos, the enemy of the igbo was the north. Post war, it can be understood why the north feels anger against the igbo, what will be the reason of the yoruba.

Now let's come to Nigeria and why yoruba are the issue. The NORTH is the problem of Nigeria. The poor north, the arid north, the backward north, the murderous north, the religious hypocritical north, and they have for years banked on the unwarranted beef the yoruba have with the igbos to Foster disunity amongst us furthering their grip on power.

A yoruba muslim isn't regarded as a Muslim in the north, a yoruba Christian is called an infidel, the entire South comprising of igbo , yoruba and other tribes have long had to go and kneel down to the north to get any form of power or say in government. How do we stay in a country where the south with all the education, wealth, knowledge and experience have to beg the backward north for power. How can the people with eyes be subservient to people who are blind.

The south has failed to become great because of the yoruba. This is why they are the source of Nigeria problems. The south of Nigeria who should be calling the shots cannot do that because the yoruba time and time again betray the entire south for personal gains in the name of politics.

2023 election Has proven again how the yoruba will do anything even risking the unity of the nation for personal gains. That is not politics, it cannot be politics when there isn't fairness or unity.

The solution to Nigeria is a United south against the Real enemy of Nigeria (north). But the north know the yoruba will continue to betray their brothers and use them as willful pun for their evil schemes.

So when I say yoruba are this problem, it is not because I hate the yoruba. I live with them, I work with them, but they have continually betrayed everyone , stopping the southern part of Nigeria from taking their place as the power brokers of the nation. We have everything in the south even to be an independent nation. Tell me one reason to go to abuja and kneel down in Katsina and Kano.

Always pointing fingers Igbo the tribe that do no wrong. Who voted Atiku in PDP even when their son is on the ballot? Orji Kalu was supporting Lawal for president is he from Oyo? How many Igbo stood to fight for Obi in PDP You all have the same mentality with your leaders. It is either you guys way or no way and that was what Orji did in APC and Igbo in PDP. And it boils down to bitterness and hatred.It will never take you guys anywhere
Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by tinsel: 5:02am On Jul 13, 2022
The way Igbos are navigating the politics of 2023, they will be the losers. They are fighting too hard to make this election a christian/moslem thing. This will not favour Peter Obi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions / Meet Children Of Redeemed Church Founder Pa Akindayomi,celebrate Their Father / FG, States To Spend 53% Of N17.5tr Budgets On Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.