Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy (1056 Views)

Worried About My 1year Marriage! / Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by mtmboss: 11:17am On Jul 12, 2022
Hello nairalanders/ parents. I have this issues bordering me lately I will like to seek parents advice and opinion about. I have a 1year 7month old boy that behave weird, he doesn't want to be around me his father except when I have goodies and immediately the goodies finishes he ran back to his Mom, he follows his mom everywhere, the mom is currently heavily pregnant and I'm already having a serious headache about this, cos his very stubborn and would gum his mom everywhere. he his scared of men the antinatal male doctors about attending to his mom he will be scared and start crying like someone who his traumatized and cry's always. this issue is embarrassing for his mom and bothersome, he doesn't allow the mom to rest or have a free time except when his sleeping, have been a freelancer and works from home and have been with this boy since the day of delivery and suddenly he doesn't want to see me he won't want to associate with me and cry anytime I want to play with him, he doesn't want me to carry him, have tried beating but it doesn't work just to stop crying for no reason and following his mom, one thing about this boy is, he his is a smart kid that knows and understand his environment and what his doing very well and we his parents don't associate with stranger cos of bad blood we've experience in the past so I'm now fed up and depressed pls parents I will appreciate your sincere advice and opinions thanks
Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by thorpido(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2022
Give your child time.I believe he will get over this especially when his other sibling comes.A boy child usually is more attached to the mother at the initial stage though your son's case seems to be hyper.

1 Like

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Nebes: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
Please allow this child to be a child. His behavior is totally normal.

It's obvious you are not happy with the situation and you are unconsciously releasing negative vibes towards him.

The more he feels negative energy from you, the more he will run away from you.
Please leave him alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Stallionhorse: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tie him to your waist and be carrying him around..

2 Likes

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by joiful(f): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Your baby might be going through separation anxiety, please take it easy with him

1 Like

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Sirqt5(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
has d father touched him sexually ? find out
Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by GboyegaD(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Can you please allow him grow? Why beat him to suppress him?

2 Likes

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Mariangeles(f): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
This usually happens when a baby is held too much by a particular person. They become too attached to that person.
Babies should often be put down(in their playpen) to play on their own, so that they can grow with a sense of independence.

Since your wife is pregnant, I think the time is right to put your baby in a daycare center to mingle with other kids his age, and when it's time to go pick him up, you should be the one to do it, otherwise, he might never outgrow that behaviour (of being too attached to his mum).
He might cry (expectedly) in the first few days/weeks, but he'll be fine. He'll get used to it eventually.
Your wife needs a break from him too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by satandeterrible: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
This usually happens when a baby is held too much by a particular person. They become too attached to that person.
Babies should often be put down(in their playpen) to play on their own, so that they can grow with a sense of independence.

Since your wife is pregnant, I think the time is right to put your baby in a daycare center to mingle with other kids his age, and when it's time to go pick him up, you should be the one to do it, otherwise, he might never outgrow that behaviour (of being too attached to his mum).
He might cry (expectedly) in the first few days/weeks, but he'll be fine. He'll get used to it eventually.
Your wife needs a break from him too.
This is true

1 Like

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by frozen70(f): 3:37am On Jul 13, 2022
mtmboss:
Hello nairalanders/ parents. I have this issues bordering me lately I will like to seek parents advice and opinion about. I have a 1year 7month old boy that behave weird, he doesn't want to be around me his father except when I have goodies and immediately the goodies finishes he ran back to his Mom, he follows his mom everywhere, the mom is currently heavily pregnant and I'm already having a serious headache about this, cos his very stubborn and would gum his mom everywhere. he his scared of men the antinatal male doctors about attending to his mom he will be scared and start crying like someone who his traumatized and cry's always. this issue is embarrassing for his mom and bothersome, he doesn't allow the mom to rest or have a free time except when his sleeping, have been a freelancer and works from home and have been with this boy since the day of delivery and suddenly he doesn't want to see me he won't want to associate with me and cry anytime I want to play with him, he doesn't want me to carry him, have tried beating but it doesn't work just to stop crying for no reason and following his mom, one thing about this boy is, he his is a smart kid that knows and understand his environment and what his doing very well and we his parents don't associate with stranger cos of bad blood we've experience in the past so I'm now fed up and depressed pls parents I will appreciate your sincere advice and opinions thanks

Your child is perfectly OK and clinging to his mum is very normal

Boys always attach themselves to their mum and feels in secured seeing any male around their mum

Then daughter's do the exact same thing to their father

Once your wife puts to bed, he will start withdrawing because attention has shifted to new born

Why do you think mother's calls their son, my husband as pet name
Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by freeman5050: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2022
mtmboss:

Buy a live chicken and show it to him, let him know you get it personally for him and no one else. Tell him you are using it to say thank you for coming to you as your first son and welcome to your family.
Kill it and give him the big lap and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Richy4(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2022
U are doing it the wrong way man.
<< Saturday is always the best time to bond with your kid if u are a working class dad also considering your wife's present condition..
<< Take him out .. he might cry and kick against going out but your wife needs some break... Take him to children friendly amusement park, or places where both of you can go dirty... Come down to his level and crawl if need be..
<< Icecream is always the first start.. u can never go wrong with it.. biscuits with shiny label makes their eyes pop out no matter how cheap. cheesy.. try the outing twice or three times and watch the changes/ transformation...he will be coming willingly.. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Joyce23: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2022
It's a normal behavior, male children are more endeared towards their mother especially in this early stage. He's only being a child and beating him will only make him withdraw from you more.

Try a different approach, love him.
Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Ulunne777(f): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2022
A first son?
Its as expected.They are almost always like that.
With time he'l change especially when the new baby takes over the mothers laps.
Re: Irrational Behavior Of My 1year 7month Old Boy by Lamanii22(f): 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2022
It is called separation anxiety, my daughter does this too... she won’t even let my mother-in-law carry her except for my husband and I... so it’s perfectly normal plus the new baby his mom’s having is another reason... he would out-grow it eventually...

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Reason For This? (picture) / Men Over To You / How A Baby Gender Was Changed In The Womb By Village People Or Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.