Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless (596 Views)

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
The Tithe is Not Only Old Testament it Belongs to the Lord for the Widow, Fatherless, Stranger !!!

Why is it that we refuse to read Gods word in Fullness

The Tithe and Offering is what Should be Layed up in store and Given to the Levites
for them to distribute to the

1 - The Widow (So that the community is healthy)

2 - The Fatherless (So that the Society is Safe and the orphans don't turn into vagabonds and criminals in society)

3 - The Stranger i.e Immigrants amongst us (So that they the strangers does not turn to vice, scams and illegal schemes to survive economically)

4 - The Levite (Government Workers in Israel) (So that they don't turn to bribes and graft as they had no land as inheritance in Israel)

Deuteronomy 26:12
“When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year—the year of tithing—and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled,

Deuteronomy 26:13
then you shall say before the Lord your God: ‘I have removed the holy tithe from my house, and also have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten them.

The Church in Acts 2:43-45 & Acts 4:31-33 the Church at Jerusalem practiced the Community Tithe

Acts 2:43-45
New King James Version
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [a]sold their possessions and goods, and divided[b] them among all, as anyone had need.

Acts 4:31-33
New King James Version
32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

So this also applies to local churches, this is WHO THE tithe is Primarily for

The Widows (Single Mothers Included)

The Fatherless (Boys and Girls without a Male Parent in the House)

The Strangers (i.e migrants due to conflict, war, persecution, economic hardship etc)

The Levites or Pastors (Who should be on a fixed Salary plus free-will offering of People in the Church or they can work/do business part times as Paul and Timothy did)
See - 1 Corinthians 4:11-13

So the Tithe is not for Preachers to buy 3 Million Dollar Homes etc if the Preacher has his own business then he can do whatever he pleases with his month but the tithe belongs to the 4 main groups to support them, the Fourth being the Full time minister
due to the volume of the church work if its soo large that he has to focus on it 100%.
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by immortalcrown(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
What percentage of it do Nigerian pastors give widows, orphans and strangers? Stop paying your tithes to the pastors. Give the tithes directly to widows, orphans and strangers around you.

3 Likes

Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by 43Ronin: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
The only problem is that levites are not pastors & christianity is not a religion but spiritualism. 1st, 2nd & 3rd century Christians lived like Jesus and the apostles. They all shared what they had, meditated upon the teachings of Jesus and were in complete mastery of the spirit. Things like collecting tithe meant nothing to them cos they were already in gnosis

2 Likes

Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by obyrich(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
martinosi:
The Tithe is Not Only Old Testament it Belongs to the Lord for the Widow, Fatherless, Stranger !!!

The Tithe and Offering is what Should be Layed up in store and Given to the Levites

2 - The Fatherless (So that the Society is Safe and the orphans don't turn into vagabonds and criminals in society)

3 - The Stranger i.e Immigrants amongst us (So that they the strangers does not turn to vice, scams and illegal schemes to survive economically)

4 - The Levite (Government Workers in Israel) (So that they don't turn to bribes and graft as they had no land as inheritance in Israel)

“When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year—the year of tithing—and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled,

then you shall say before the Lord your God: ‘I have removed the holy tithe from my house, and also have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten them.

The Church in Acts 2:43-45 & Acts 4:31-33 the Church at Jerusalem practiced the Community Tithe

New King James Version
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [a]sold their possessions and goods, and divided[b] them among all, as anyone had need.

New King James Version
32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

So this also applies to local churches, this is WHO THE tithe is Primarily for

The Widows (Single Mothers Included)

The Fatherless (Boys and Girls without a Male Parent in the House)

The Strangers (i.e migrants due to conflict, war, persecution, economic hardship etc)

The Levites or Pastors (Who should be on a fixed Salary plus free-will offering of People in the Church or they can work/do business part times as Paul and Timothy did)
See - 1 Corinthians 4:11-13

So the Tithe is not for Preachers to buy 3 Million Dollar Homes etc if the Preacher has his own business then he can do whatever he pleases with his month but the tithe belongs to the 4 main groups to support them, the Fourth being the Full time minister
due to the volume of the church work if its soo large that he has to focus on it 100%.
Try again. You could not proof your claim that Tithe is not old testament. You mixed up freewill donation in the New testament with Tithe giving in the old testament.

3 Likes

Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
immortalcrown:
What percentage of it do Nigerian pastors give widows, orphans and strangers?

If a Church in Nigeria Collects N25 Million Naira in tithe every Sunday which is N100 Million every Month, which is N300 Million every 3 Months then they should have a programmer which has The Widows, The Fatherless and Strangers (Migrants or Non Natives)
in that Church and Area that are taken care of in terms of Rent, Food Provision, Housing Start up small business, School Fee's etc..

THIS IS WHAT THE TITHE IS FOR AND WHEN ITS NOT USED FOR ITS CORE PURPOSE THEN THE CHURCH IS OPERATING UNDER A CURSE AS THE LORD CANNOT BLESS A CHURCH THAT COLLECTS N300 Million Naira tithe every 3 months and it is being spent on only the Church Pastors-Ministers and for their Family and relatives and friends..

THATS WHY THEIR IS SO MUCH SOCIAL PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA BECUASE THE BILLIONS BEING COLLECTED
EVERY 3 MONTHS AS TITHE IN NIGERIA IN ALL THESE PENTICOSTAL CHURCHES IS BEING USED FOR THE WRONG PURPOSE...!!!
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
obyrich:
Try again. You could not proof your claim that Tithe is not old testament. You mixed up freewill donation in the New testament with Tithe giving in the old testament.

Read your Scripture well ....it says exactly in Deuteronomy who the Tithe is for below

Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by immortalcrown(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
martinosi:

If a Church in Nigeria Collects N25 Million Naira in tithe every Sunday which is N100 Million every Month, which is N300 Million every 3 Months then they should have a programmer which has The Widows, The Fatherless and Strangers (Migrants or Non Natives)
in that Church and Area that are taken care of in terms of Rent, Food Provision, Housing Start up small business, School Fee's etc..

THIS IS WHAT THE TITHE IS FOR AND WHEN ITS NOT USED FOR ITS CORE PURPOSE THEN THE CHURCH IS OPERATING UNDER A CURSE AS THE LORD CANNOT BLESS A CHURCH THAT COLLECTS N300 Million Naira tithe every 3 months and it is being spent on only the Church Pastors-Ministers and for their Family and relatives and friends..

THATS WHY THEIR IS SO MUCH SOCIAL PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA BECUASE THE BILLIONS BEING COLLECTED
EVERY 3 MONTHS AS TITHE IN NIGERIA IN ALL THESE PENTICOSTAL CHURCHES IS BEING USED FOR THE WRONG PURPOSE...!!!
This is why the Tithe should go directly to those whom it is meant for. Stop paying tithes through pastors. Give directly to the widows, orphans and strangers around you.
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
immortalcrown:
What percentage of it do Nigerian pastors give widows, orphans and strangers?

To be honest maybe only 3% and maybe none at all to be honest..so church do PR Campaigns and distribute rich to widows
and bring the TV Camera's to film it..WHICH IS 100% WRONG ACCORDING TO WHAT JESUS SAID IN MATTHEWS CHAPTER 6...
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by obyrich(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
martinosi:

Read your Scripture well ....it says exactly in Deuteronomy who the Tithe is for below

Is Deutronomy in the new testament?
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by immortalcrown(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
martinosi:
To be honest maybe only 3% and maybe none at all to be honest..so church do PR Campaigns and distribute rich to widows and bring the TV Camera's to film it..WHICH IS 100% WRONG ACCORDING TO WHAT JESUS SAID IN MATTHEWS CHAPTER 6...
If you want me to reply your further quotes, stop typing in upper case and stop making your text bold. I do not have eye problem. Otherwise, quote me and reply yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
immortalcrown:
This is why the Tithe should go directly to those whom it is meant for. Stop paying tithes through pastors. Give directly to the widows, orphans and strangers around you.

That's true a Person can take 10% of his salary or business profit and take care of the Widow, Fatherless, Strangers in his own Family first and those around him that are his friends but also churches should pool their tithe together and do co-op programmes for the widows, Fatherless and strangers -

This is the Proper Job Function of Deacons in a church as layed out in Acts Chapter 6 When the 7 Deacons were nominated to take care of the Greek Speaking widows in the Church in Jerusalem...
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
43Ronin:
The only problem is that levites are not pastors & christianity is not a religion but spiritualism. 1st, 2nd & 3rd century Christians lived like Jesus and the apostles. They all shared what they had, meditated upon the teachings of Jesus and were in complete mastery of the spirit. Things like collecting tithe meant nothing to them cos they were already in gnosis

They Practised tithing in the community as Jesus did that and said the poor you will always have with you...

See scripture below to see their socio-economic practice....

New King James Version

New King James Version
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
obyrich:
Is Deutronomy in the new testament?

Old Testament - The Tithe is a Practice that God instituted since Adam and was practiced by Abraham before the Law
was given to Moses and was practised by many Old Testament Saints. Its a Heavenly Social Security system that is in place on earth because of the fallen nature in Man on the earth.
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by 43Ronin: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
martinosi:

They Practised tithing in the community as Jesus did that and said the poor you will always have with you...

See scripture below to see their socio-economic practice....

New King James Version
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [a]sold their possessions and gooos, and divided[b] them among all, as anyone had need.

New King James Version

Nothing like tithing is mentioned there. What was present was communalism. Where everyone one in their christian community owned nothing cos everything belonged to everyone. Meaning both pastor, evangelist, faithful all brought waht they had to support each other.
Notice how the scripture says in Acts 2:44-45 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [a]sold their possessions and gooos, and divided[b] them among all, as anyone had need. not that they sold and gave to the apostles. Stop collecting tithes oo. Stop putting yourself under the law of Israel cos you are a gentile abd is one with God through christ, nothing else
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
43Ronin:

Nothing like tithing is mentioned there. What was present was communalism. Where everyone one in their christian community owned nothing cos everything belonged to everyone. Meaning both pastor, evangelist, faithful all brought waht they had to support each other.
Notice how the scripture says in Acts 2:44-45 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [a]sold their possessions and gooos, and divided[b] them among all, as anyone had need. not that they sold and gave to the apostles. Stop collecting tithes oo. Stop putting yourself under the law of Israel cos you are a gentile abd is one with God through christ, nothing else

The Church in Acts 2 Showed the Perfect Community that was the Fulfillment of the Law..they Took Tithe and Offering to the Ultimate Perfect level....Do Churches do that today? NOOOO.....So they should start at the Basic level which is below

Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
martinosi:

And you somehow didnt read where God told you that the Law which He gave to Moses was meant as a National Constitution for the People of Isreal - those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - whom He constituted a Nation of in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 ? undecided
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
Abraham Tithed to in Genesis 14 .....so its not only for the Nation of Israel....
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
martinosi:
Abraham Tithed to in Genesis 14 .....so its not only for the Nation of Israel....
God's Tithing system was set up as a Land Tax system - those who owned and farmed the land were obligated by God to pay that tithe - God set up in the country which He constituted of the People of Israel, and in the Land of Canaan. Can you show any similarities between the booty Abraham gave to Melchizedek in Genesis 14 and God's Tax system as defined in the Book of the Law of Moses? undecided
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
martinosi:
Stop letting ordinary men whom you refer to as pastors and mogs continue to deceive and delude you on this issue. When you pay tithe pretending you do so in God's name, you in fact sin against God who instead said there will be no paying of tithe in HIs Kingdom. undecided
24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.”
Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak, Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.” Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes.
27 But we don’t want to upset these tax collectors. So do this: Go to the lake and fish. After you catch the first fish, open its mouth. Inside its mouth, you will find a four-drachma coin. Take that coin and give it to the tax collectors. That will pay the tax for you and me.” - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 27
The children of the King do not pay taxes/Tithes in the Kingdom of God, that is what Jesus Christ taught you in regards to tithing as part of the Kingdom of God. undecided

So, if you are busy paying taxes/tithe to someone in the name of God, what that means is you are most definitely not a Child of God. undecided
Re: The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless by martinosi: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
What percentage of it do Nigerian pastors give widows, orphans and strangers? Stop paying your tithes to the pastors. Give the tithes directly to widows, orphans and strangers around you.

This is 100% Correct if one wants to do it directly or If he knows that he Church has an
Active Widows/Fatherless/Orphans/Poor/Needy/Elderly/Stranger/Dispossessed Persons Programme they
can give to that Programme and also support the Church ministry in other well defined area's where one can
see the immediate evidence of funds going to help the Helpless

I don't give my funds to Ministries/Churches were i can see the immediate socio-economic benefit going to the
following groups mentioned here according to scripture

(1) (Reply)

Never Provoke God / Brazilian Speaking Yoruba Fluently And He's Also An Ifa Priest - Vid / PRAYER POINT 10 Prayer Points For The Month Of April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.