Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work (412 Views)

The Erroneous Expectation Have Caused Many To Backslide / Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13
James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/Faith Not Works

This is apostle James, the half brother of Jesus, who succeeded Simon Peter as leader of the church in Jerusalem. He should know a thing or two about Jesus and His teachings. Although he didn't specifically mention whose false teaching he was referring to on this occasion, it's that glaring everyone true Christian knows it was Paul's.

Here's the teaching of Paul he was referring to:

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This is his impeccable rebuttal:

James 2:14-26 (KJV)

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

You can clearly see that not every apostle agreed that every teaching of Paul was inerrant and inspired of God as many Paulians erroneously think.

God bless.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13
The teaching of James about salvation/justification aligned with that of Christ but not that of apostle Paul. Matthew 16:27, 19:16-17, John 8:51, Revelation 22:12, 14.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by slimjohn2k5: 10:49pm On Mar 13
How this argument go tk u to heaven
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 12:22am On Mar 14
jesusjnr2020:
James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/Faith Not Works

This is apostle James, the half brother of Jesus, who succeeded Simon Peter as leader of the church in Jerusalem. He should know a thing or two about Jesus and His teachings. Although he didn't specifically mention whose false teaching he was referring to on this occasion, it's that glaring everyone true Christian knows it was Paul's.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

You can clearly see that not every apostle agreed that every teaching of Paul was inerrant and inspired of God as many Paulians erroneously think.

God bless.
stop lying, James never rebuts any of Paul's teaching.
Rather James is speaking of evidence of saving faith.
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

By the way Paul's gospel is Jesus gospel.
Jesus guarantees 💯 per cent that those who believes in him has eternal life.
John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Jesus also give 💯 per cent assurance that those who are his own he would never lose any one.

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

The theif on the cross was saved instantly when believed in Jesus.

Jesus literally said the work of God is to believe in him.
John 6 vv 29.

Abraham just like other saints were saved by grace through faith.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Abraham has not yet being tested with sacrificing Isaac or had he being circumcised.

There is a difference between there is God and trusting (believing) in him.
James was describing the dead faith of just believing there is one God which demons believes but demons do not put their trust in God.
You can reject the grace of God and go on to appear before God on your own merit like what Islam and whole lot of false religion teaches but God does not accept any error, God's requirements remains absolute perfection in its very essence which no mortal can provide except Jesus.
At the end these people speaking against the grace of God through Jesus Christ would end up wailing and begging for that grace realizing their folly but then it would be to late because they have rejected christ who died for them.

By human merit every human would end up in hell because we all one short of God's glory.
The gospel is simple God is offering free, our merit is not needed, he is offering everlasting righteousness in christ if you would recieve his Son. Yes the righteousness you get through Jesus does not depend on your work, it depends completely on christ finished work on the cross.
The righteousness of the law is not forever.
If you were righteous in the morning and in the afternoon you sinned you lose the righteousness of the law but if you are in christ though you sin his righteousness remains.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

3 Likes

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Mar 14
slimjohn2k5:
The problem with this is that what James said was not a rebuttal to Paul but rather a statement made regarding the second Salvation which required Works, unlike the First Salvation which is instead worked only by Faith.

What your religious overlords do not know and hence fail to tell you is that Jesus Christ offered those who would accept Him Two different Salvations, not one.

● The first salvation was from the condemnation of sin — Death, God's heavier curse which He inflicted on those who failed to meet the Standard of His Law of Moses. Those of them who would choose to first Salvation — become born-again — were granted Eternal Life(that which they failed to obtain from the Old Law because of their disobedience. To become born-again one has to simply obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — faith — and this first salvation is an eternal covenant — there is no undoing this salvation - John 3 vs 1 - 21. Once a person is born of Spirit, that person cannot be unborn of the Spirit — that contract is eternal and may spell doom for such a one if he/she decides to neglect the responsibility that comes with being bound to that eternal yoke.

● The second Salvation, can only be obtained after one has been certified as a born-again follower and then made the choice to stand faithful until the end — Matthew 24 vs 12- 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. It could only be obtained through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God's Law — Faith— and righteousness— works—until death. Only born-agains who submit their lives to doing only that which He commands can obtain this second salvation which comes with a guarantee of Heaven at the end(Eternal Reward). Those who fall short and are unable to obtain the second salvation are guaranteed Eternity in Eternal Damnation.

In his letters, Paul spoke mostly of the first salvation, salvation from the condemnation of sin which is Death. James, on the other hand, when he insisted that Faith without works was dead, referred instead to the obtaining of the second salvation which is necessary should one have hopes of making it into Heaven at the end of the day. lipsrsealed
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Mar 14
Recall that Jesus Christ told you to remember Lot's wife. If you remember well, Lot's wife was saved from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. However, She refused to stand faithful until the end— she disobeyed the other commandments given to them by the same angels. She was turned into a pillar of salt, a punishment different from that which befell those who were left back in sodom, but destruction nonetheless.
26 “When the Son of Man comes again, it will be the same as it was when Noah lived.
27 People were eating, drinking, and getting married even on the day when Noah entered the boat. Then the flood came and killed them all.
28 “It will be the same as during the time of Lot, when God destroyed Sodom. Those people were eating, drinking, buying, selling, planting, and building houses for themselves.
29 They were doing these things even on the day when Lot left town. Then fire and sulfur rained down from the sky and killed them all. 30 This is exactly how it will be when the Son of Man comes again.
31 “On that day if a man is on his roof, he will not have time to go inside and get his things. If a man is in the field, he cannot go back home.
32 Remember what happened to Lot’s wife - Luke 17 vs 26 - 32
All born-agains — who receive the first salvation which is obtained purely by faith— but fail to obtain the second salvation which can only be obtained by Faith and Works — faith without works, in this case, is dead— will end up like Lot's wife, is the gist that Jesus Christ was trying to pass to the sheep(and potential goats) among His flock. lipsrsealed
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by FxMasterz: 1:07am On Mar 14
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

I am glad that my beloved brother in the Lord, Steep, has given you an uppercut using the scriptures.

I have told you that if there's anything you don't understand, come and ask us for clarification, and we, by the help of the Holy Ghost would explain it to you.

All your satanic attempt to subvert the faith of young believers on this forum would be met with spirit-force. No soul would be swept under his feet by your demonic winds of doctrine.

Paul's emphasis in that verse was even on grace. He never said faith alone saves because faith has work. And the work of faith is love: Paul said "Faith which worketh by love.”— Galatians 5:6, This same love is the fulfillment of all commandments.

We are saved by Grace through faith...which worketh by love...which is the fulfillment of all commandments. Paul had treated this topic in detail with the church at Corinth in one of his epistles:

1 Corinthians 13 1
"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."

Notice how Paul emphasized that faith is zero without Love?

Both Paul and James are in unity with John who wrote in the gospels:

"For the law was given through Moses; but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." John 1:17

3 Likes

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 1:27am On Mar 14
Kobojunkie:
The problem with this is that what James said was not a rebuttal to Paul but rather a statement made regarding the second Salvation which required Works, unlike the First Salvation which is instead worked only by Faith.

What your religious overlords do not know and hence fail to tell you is that Jesus Christ offered those who would accept Him Two different Salvations, not one.

● The first salvation was from the condemnation of sin — Death, God's heavier curse which He inflicted on those who failed to meet the Standard of His Law of Moses. Those of them who would choose to first Salvation — become born-again — were granted Eternal Life(that which they failed to obtain from the Old Law because of their disobedience. To become born-again one has to simply obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — faith — and this first salvation is an eternal covenant — there is no undoing this salvation - John 3 vs 1 - 21. Once a person is born of Spirit, that person cannot be unborn of the Spirit — that contract is eternal and may spell doom for such a one if he/she decides to neglect the responsibility that comes with being bound to that eternal yoke.

● The second Salvation, can only be obtained after one has been certified as a born-again follower and then made the choice to stand faithful until the end — Matthew 24 vs 12- 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. It could only be obtained through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God's Law — Faith— and righteousness— works—until death. Only born-agains who submit their lives to doing only that which He commands can obtain this second salvation which comes with a guarantee of Heaven at the end(Eternal Reward). Those who fall short and are unable to obtain the second salvation are guaranteed Eternity in Eternal Damnation.

In his letters, Paul spoke mostly of the first salvation, salvation from the condemnation of sin which is Death. James, on the other hand, when he insisted that Faith without works was dead, referred instead to the obtaining of the second salvation which is necessary should one have hopes of making it into Heaven at the end of the day. lipsrsealed
stop telling lies here nothing like second salvation.
Jesus said believers has already escaped condemnation.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

James was talking out the out working of faith. True faith has works that identifies it as true.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 1:34am On Mar 14
Kobojunkie:
Recall that Jesus Christ told you to remember Lot's wife. If you remember well, Lot's wife was saved from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. However, She refused to stand faithful until the end— she disobeyed the other commandments given to them by the same angels. She was turned into a pillar of salt, a punishment different from that which befell those who were left back in sodom, but destruction nonetheless. All born-agains — who receive the first salvation which is obtained purely by faith— but fail to obtain the second salvation which can only be obtained by Faith and Works — faith without works, in this case, is dead— will end up like Lot's wife, is the gist that Jesus Christ was trying to pass to the sheep(and potential goats) among His flock. lipsrsealed
lot wife and children represent the unsaved person that escapes wrath.
Salvation is not just about going to heaven and escaping hell, Rather it is God giving us a new nature so we could fellowship and be with him forever.
Just like lot wife if an unregenerated person is taken to heaven he or she would eventually be thrown out like Satan was cast out.
Because all of us as humans because of sinful nature we are natural rebels.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 1:40am On Mar 14
Do you know that a time is coming that unregenerated humans would be given a perfect environment like Eden this would happen after christ returns to reign on earth, this period is called the millinum, for a thousand years these people would be given this perfect environment, yet after it is over when Satan would be released, they will all follow Satan.
Why?
The carnal mind is enmity with God it can never be subject to God.

1 Like

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 1:49am On Mar 14
Is the gospel of grace Paul's teaching alone? How about John?
John said every that believe in the messiah is born again.
1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

You see this faith produces love and Guess what love produces good works.

This love makes us to keep His commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Any body that does not keep his commandments has does not love him.
But what makes us keep his commandments, love, what made us love him, his love for us.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 1:56am On Mar 14
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Wow John was bold, he literally said you who believes in the name of Jesus already have eternal life.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Mar 14
For those who are under some sort of delusion that wives and children have special meaning in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ Himself declared the following:
A. God's special blessing/permission is given only to those who would choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
10 The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.”
11 But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given.
12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.” - Matthew 19 vs 10 - 12
B. Women who choose to live as Eunuchs — Childless— for the sake of the Kingdom of God are the ones who have God's blessings; women who have children are told to cry for themselves and their children's sake.
27 A large crowd followed Jesus. Some of the women were sad and crying. They felt sorry for him.
28 But Jesus turned and said to the women, “Women of Jerusalem, don’t cry for me. Cry for yourselves and for your children too.
29 The time is coming when people will say, ‘The women who cannot have babies are the ones God has blessed. It’s really a blessing that they have no children to care for.’ [/size]
30 Then the people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us!’ They will say to the hills, ‘Cover us!’
31 If this can happen to someone who is good, what will happen to those who are guilty? ” - Luke 23 vs 27 - 31
C. Your marriages are of this world of men and not of the Kingdom of God
34 [size=12pt]Jesus said to the Sadducees, “On earth, people marry each other.
35 Some people will be worthy to be raised from death and live again after this life. In that life they will not marry.
36 In that life people are like angels and cannot die. They are children of God, because they have been raised from death. - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36
For those completely without eyes, Jesus Christ made it clear that His followers are in this world but are NOT of the world. lipsrsealed
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:02am On Mar 14
FAITH is the assured expectation of things hoped for the evident demonstration of reality though not seen. Hebrews 11:1
WORKS is the act of exertion towards expected goals.

Paul said believers need faith not works the works he is referring to here are the mosaic laws that some first century Christians are still going back to observe whereas God has blessed some gentiles for having faith in things they heard about Christ and acted upon not their observance of the Mosaic laws {Galatians 3:26-27} Abraham was declared righteous not by observing the mosaic laws but by faithfully doing what God asked of him at that point in time {Galatians 3:8-9} whereas the scriptures laid a curse on anyone who failed to observe everything written in the mosaic laws {Galatians 3:10} so if anyone today chooses to live by the Mosaic laws he must observe the whole laws without a single one which is not possible for any of you today since you're not living in Israel neither worshiping on Saturdays (Sabbath)
Whoever wants the blessings promised to Abraham shouldn't think of works of the law rather faith in Christ Jesus and everything he taught through thought, words and actions. Galatians 3:26-29

James on the other hand is buttressing Paul's word by telling his fellow believers that just as their forefathers carry the mosaic laws on their heads to do what the law says now is the time to do all the things Christ Jesus commanded as WORKS of FAITH so whoever claims he has faith in the blood of Jesus but not ready to do the WORK Christ Jesus assigned to his disciples is a failure because such faith has no works so it's dead! James 2:18-26 compare to Matthew 7:24-27

So both Paul and James are saying the same thing:

You must back your FAITH with WORKS and the works must be things Jesus commanded his disciples not what is written in the Mosaic laws! smiley
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 2:14am On Mar 14
Kobojunkie:
For those who are under some sort of delusion that wives and children have special meaning in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ Himself declared the following:
A. God's special blessing/permission is given only to those who would choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God.

B. Women who choose to live as Eunuchs — Childless— for the sake of the Kingdom of God are the ones who have God's blessings; women who have children are told to cry for themselves and their children's sake.

C. Your marriages are of this world of men and not of the Kingdom of God
For those completely without eyes, Jesus Christ made it clear that His followers are in this world but are NOT of the world. lipsrsealed
However, this is false also, God is interested in everything we do.
God instuted marriage, God created sex for marriage.

Malachi 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

God is interested in our we treat our Spouses, God is described as a witness to marriage, not only humans are witnesses God is also a witness.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 2:26am On Mar 14
MaxInDHouse:
FAITH is the assured expectation of things hoped for the evident demonstration of reality though not seen. Hebrews 11:1
WORKS is the act of exertion towards expected goals.

Paul said believers need faith not works the works he is referring to here are the mosaic laws that some first century Christians are still going back to observe whereas God has blessed some gentiles for having faith in things they heard about Christ and acted upon not their observance of the Mosaic laws {Galatians 3:26-27} Abraham was declared righteous not by observing the mosaic laws but by faithfully doing what God asked of him at that point in time {Galatians 3:8-9} whereas the scriptures laid a curse on anyone who failed to observe everything written in the mosaic laws {Galatians 3:10} so if anyone today chooses to live by the Mosaic laws he must observe the whole laws without a single one which is not possible for any of you today since you're not living in Israel neither worshiping on Saturdays (Sabbath)
Whoever wants the blessings promised to Abraham shouldn't think of works of the law rather faith in Christ Jesus and everything he taught through thought, words and actions. Galatians 3:26-29

James on the other hand is buttressing Paul's word by telling his fellow believers that just as their forefathers carry the mosaic laws on their heads to do what the law says now is the time to do all the things Christ Jesus commanded as WORKS of FAITH so whoever claims he has faith in the blood of Jesus but not ready to do the WORK Christ Jesus assigned to his disciples is a failure because such faith has no works so it's dead! James 2:18-26 compare to Matthew 7:24-27

So both Paul and James are saying the same thing:

You must back your FAITH with WORKS and the works must be things Jesus commanded his disciples not what is written in the Mosaic laws! smiley
The mosaic laws includes the moral laws, national laws and ceremonial laws, they are all together regarded as the law of Moses.

The law of Moses embodies every moral law, when it comes to working living the type of life God want, we are already failures.
Working for Jesus can not cover your failure, only the shed blood of Jesus can atone for your sin.

Paul and James never said you must back your faith with works, but rather James said I will show you my faith through my works.

3 Likes

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:30am On Mar 14
Steep:

James said I will show you my faith through my works.

The law of Moses embodies every moral law, when it comes to working living the type of life God want, we are already failures.
Working for Jesus can not cover your failure, only the shed blood of Jesus can atone for your sin

You guys don't understand a single thing in the Bible!

Did Abraham live after or before the Mosaic laws?
Was he declared righteous?
On what ground was he declared righteous if he never had the mosaic laws?

Well there's nothing a Christian need in the laws given to Moses after knowing Jesus because if you can master Jesus' thoughts, words and actions you become God's son {John 1:11-12} that is what no observer of Mosaic law had!
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34am On Mar 14
jesusjnr2020:

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith ...

See how mad you have become, speaking and attacking the bible exactly as atheists did?

Paull.said "for by.grace" and not "for by faith" as you have twisted it to be.

Even kobjunkie whom you follow disageees with you. Kobojunkie: Quote Post
slimjohn2k5:
The problem with this is that what James said was not a rebuttal to Paul

So you see you are lying against Paul and you commit the sin of False Acussation.

1 Like

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59am On Mar 14
MaxInDHouse:

On what ground was he declared righteous if he never had the mosaic laws?d!

See stupid jw demons talking bout the bible.

What did God tell Abraham? Go and see if you won't see that is the very same thing Moses repeated.

1 Like

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Mar 14
Dtruthspeaker:

See stupid jw demons talking bout the bible.
What did God tell Abraham? Go and see if you won't see that is the very same thing Moses repeated.

Guy your grievances is not for me if your Mama is a killer tell us because you said "WOMEN are killing God's children" and your Mama is also a woman.

So don't come quoting me up and down the forum simply because i asked you a simple question! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 8:21am On Mar 14
MaxInDHouse:

Well there's nothing a Christian need in the laws given to Moses after knowing Jesus because if you can master Jesus' thoughts, words and actions you become God's son {John 1:11-12} that is what no observer of Mosaic law had!
Abraham was declared righteous on the ground of faith.

No John1 :11 and 12 didn't say you become God's son by mastering Jesus words and actions.

John 1:12 But as many as [b]received him,[/b to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The next verse says becoming Sons of God is not by human will, it is by God's.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

2 Likes

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:09am On Mar 14
Steep:
Abraham was declared righteous on the ground of faith.
No John1 :11 and 12 didn't say you become God's son by mastering Jesus words and actions.
John 1:12 But as many as [b]received him,[/b to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
The next verse says becoming Sons of God is not by human will, it is by God's.
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So can a faithless miscreant be born of God's will? smiley
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Kobojunkie: 11:53am On Mar 14
▪︎ The grace of God through Jesus Christ is the Eternal Life He was full of even from His birth
▪︎ Grace which is obtained freely from Jesus Christ is received only through Faith in Jesus Christ
▪︎ And Faith refers to submission and obedience to God's particular Law -- teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.
▪︎ Abraham justified as righteous based on His faith alone; Abrahan submitted to and obeyed God's teachings and Commandments to him--- Genesis 26 - 1 - 5 . However, God's requirement both in His Old Law of Moses and His New Law, Jesus Christ, has included works in order to obtain justification through Him
Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 31 & Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20
Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 12:43pm On Mar 14
MaxInDHouse:

So can a faithless miscreant be born of God's will? smiley
faithless miscreant can have faith through the hearing of God's word.
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Maximus692(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14
Steep:
faithless miscreant can have faith through the hearing of God's word.
So it's until he/she hears the word of God first shey?
That means God won't choose a faithless miscreants but from among people having faith! smiley
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Steep: 4:39pm On Mar 14
Maximus692:

So it's until he/she hears the word of God first shey?
That means God won't choose a faithless miscreants but from among people having faith! smiley
Nobody can have faith out of the blues, it comes by hearing the word of God.

2 Likes

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Maximus692(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14
Steep:
Nobody can have faith out of the blues, it comes by hearing the word of God.
So it's after hearing the word of God that they will be born of God's will that's why God's Son won't pray for or with anyone unless they accept God's word! John 17:8-9
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by mindsta(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14
@op, I have gone through most of your threads on nairaland and all I can say is that you really need to encounter Jesus Christ before it is too late.

I can conclude that you are a false teacher and may God have mercy on you. Do not be wise in your own eyes please cos you are after self glory and not that of God. God help you

1 Like

Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Mar 14
mindsta:
@op, I have gone through most of your threads on nairaland and all I can say is that you really need to encounter Jesus Christ before it is too late. I can conclude that you are a false teacher and may God have mercy on you. Do not be wise in your own eyes please cos you are after self glory and not that of God. God help you
Stop rambling and try to counter the claim made to at least provide support for what you pretend which is that you have yourself "encountered" this Jesus Christ whose name you speak. undecided

Why do you people almost always act to this religious zombie programming of your men of gods, Why? undecided
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by Veecruz: 6:12am On Mar 17
MaxInDHouse:

Guy your grievances is not for me if your Mama is a killer tell us because you said "WOMEN are killing God's children" and your Mama is also a woman.

So don't come quoting me up and down the forum simply because i asked you a simple question! cheesy

O you are confessing that your mother kills children, because she is a woman because you could not answer a simple questiion. grin
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by achorladey: 7:02am On Mar 17
MaxInDHouse:

Madness and insanities peddling as usual base on the bold grin grin grin grin grin
Re: James Rebuttal Of Paul's Erroneous Teaching On Salvation By Grace/faith Not Work by CaptainJune: 7:03am On Mar 17
Steep, you remind me of Apollos in the book of Acts. Apollos made very sound argument showing that Jesus was the Christ. Your sound replies leave no further room for explanation.

Jesusjnr2020, you are in grave error. Please pray and seek guidance before preaching heresy, and repent of this false teaching.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man Of The People: Pope Gives Muslim Queen A Bow / Striking Co-incidence / The Deadly Ember Months Approaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.