Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS (1819 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
I just found out I’m AS, and I’m not happy about it. How will this affect my chances of finding a wife?

The lab guy said I must marry AA. Moreover, I will really like to have just AA kids. I don’t know how possible that would be.

Meanwhile, what’s your genotype?

Cc lalasticlala abeg I want to hear peoples opinions about genotypes.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by ahnie: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
shocked

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Mraphel: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
Are u male or female?

If you're male, if u marry an AA you have more chances of all of them becoming AA unlike being female with AS
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Mraphel:
Are u male or female?

If you're male, if u marry an AA you have more chances of all of them becoming AA unlike being female with AS

I’m a male. Do you mind buttressing more on why a female with AS will have less chances of having AA.

I plan on having two or at most three kids to perhaps minimize the chances of AS.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by falcon01: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hold on

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by rickpat(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
get a clean glass
pour water into the glass

sit down
cross your leg
sip the water slowly
smile.....you know why?
BECAUSE YOU GOT NO PROBLEM

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by falcon01: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Justnow2022:

I’m a male. Do you mind buttressing more the female with AS having less chances of having AA.

I plan on having two or at most three kids to perhaps minimize the chances of AS.
my sister is AA her husband is AS she has 4 kids all AA.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
The little research I did showed that AS is more common in Africa, and while there are no complications, AA is the best genotype.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
rickpat:
get a clean glass

pour water into the glass

sit down

cross your leg

sip the water slowly

smile.....you know why?

BECAUSE YOU GOT NO PROBLEM

I never said it’s a problem, just that I would have preferred AA.

I’m 34 and planning to settle down next or at most in 2024, so I decided to know my blood group which came out O+ and genotype AS.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
falcon01:
my sister is AA her husband is AS she has 4 kids all AA.

I wish myself this kind of luck. I don’t want any abnormal trait in my kids.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Mindlog: 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
Justnow2022:

You are AS, marrying AA is the best for you to eliminate chances of birthing kids with the SS genotype but AA, AS.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by frozen70(f): 3:29am On Jul 13, 2022
Justnow2022:

I’m a male. Do you mind buttressing more on why a female with AS will have less chances of having AA.

You are can never ever eliminate AS in your children

Just marry AA and save yourself all other stress of genotype

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by juman(m): 5:42am On Jul 13, 2022
You are worrying yourself needlessly.
There are plenty AA ladies. God has good plan for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by falcon01: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
Justnow2022:

AS? Is It Abnormal? Does AD comes with hidden packages?
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by janvier27(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
No need to bother. What you should be more concerned with is not marrying AS. Luckily, we special ones are fewer so you'll most likely end up in the hands of an AA. I've not had malaria in at least 25 years.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Biglittlelois(f): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
Justnow2022:

Abnormal traits as how? AS is abnormal?

3 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Biglittlelois(f): 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
janvier27:
No need to bother. What you should be more concerned with is not marrying AS. Luckily, we special ones are fewer so you'll most likely end up in the hands of an AA. I've not had malaria in at least 25 years.

I'm AA and I've not had malaria since I've known myself undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by janvier27(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
[quote author=Biglittlelois post=114700509]

I'm AA and I've not had malaria since I've known myself undecided[/quot

Maybe you're married to an AS shocked grin
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Biglittlelois(f): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
janvier27:
. Maybe you're married to an AS

I don't see the correlation with marriage here.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by dahmie2013: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2022
Do you even have a choice? You can only marry AA.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
janvier27:

What do you mean by special one?
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
dahmie2013:
Do you even have a choice? You can only marry AA.

That’s exactly why I wasn’t happy when I saw the result. I hate that word “must”
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Abnormal traits as how? AS is abnormal?

Although the A is dominant and normal, the s is a recessive abnormal trait which is SS carriers suffer.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by janvier27(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2022
Justnow2022:

What do you mean by special one?

Just joking. AS na special gene na.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Lamanii22(f): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Awww AS ain’t that bad all you have to do is, do not fall in love with another AS.... I am AA though and my husband is AA as well...
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by 4ward4: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2022
Biglittlelois:

I'm AA and I've not had malaria since I've known myself undecided

Guess you are twisting the scenario. An AS is likely not to have malaria than an AA.
Reason why the white can easily be affected by Malaria, because majority are AA.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by higgs: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
If You are AS and You want to be 100% sure of all your children being AA,You have to marry a woman who is AA and then.......
Maybe get another man to impregnate the lady.
Congratulations.
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by efficiencie(m): 4:49am On Jul 18, 2022
Justnow2022:
I just found out I’m AS, and I’m not happy about it. How will this affect my chances of finding a wife?

The lab guy said I must marry AA. Moreover, I will really like to have just AA kids. I don’t know how possible that would be.

Meanwhile, what’s your genotype?

Cc lalasticlala abeg I want to hear peoples opinions about genotypes.

Dude don't put AS placard on your forehead while seeking a wife oh. There are AA ladies that can make your life a living hell oh. Trust in the LORD, the founder of the marital institution and He will sort you out but if you want to use your sense, you go land inside mess oh!
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2022
higgs:
If You are AS and You want to be 100% sure of all your children being AA,You have to marry a woman who is AA and then.......
Maybe get another man to impregnate the lady.
Congratulations.

What’s this mad person saying
Re: I Just Found Out My Genotype is AS by Justnow2022: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2022
efficiencie:

Dude don't put AS placard on your forehead while seeking a wife oh. There are AA ladies that can make your life a living hell oh. Trust in the LORD, the founder of the marital institution and He will sort you out but if you want to use your sense, you go land inside mess oh!

After meeting a girl on several occasions and things start getting serious, I always like to pop that question for genotype and blood group.

I date for sex anymore

(1) (Reply)

Single Ladies Avoid Old Rich Men(many Are Occultic) / Stories About Children Who Survived High Falls / Photos: Meet The Family Of Linda And Son Who Were Born Without Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.