Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike (26527 Views)

FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules / Strike: Is It FG Or ASUU That Is Holding Students From Returning To Class? / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by smile11s(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by heykims(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Sorry about the last paragraph that the lecturers have been on same salary since 2009.
The minimum wage readjustment didnt include ASUU?
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
KingRSHD2:
Buh according to my knowledge this demand was promised by 0revious administration which is PDP and now they are no longer in 0ower again as we have a new 0arty that didn't have hand in the promise because they have their own agenda...

So i think ASSUU SGOULD THINK AVOUT THIS AJD END THE STRIKE IMMEDIATELY tongue embarassed tongue cool

Government is continuous. Every government has to deal with the BS of the last. Or who do you think will pay the numerous debts Buhari is piling up?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by dollar124(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
lalasticlala:
As shared by Deborah Tolu-Kolawole:

https://twitter.com/DeborahToluwase/status/1546898571915673602?t=2GPSxTMNED7-cC10_PQNeA&s=08

Only three of the demands have financial implications? Nonsense
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Youngminister(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
“To our political office holders whose children school abroad, how do you feel visiting your children abroad, taking pictures in their schools and posting them online while ASUU is on strike?" Amed Musa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by RexTramadol1: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ngige still get mouth small

Him pikin school for Naija with Akinwunmi Adesina

U see that Obi, him pikin no school for here, e no get mouth to talk

2 Likes

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Bluntemperor: 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ademola47:
They should continue the strike till next year... I've almost forgotten about school sef.

I pity your instance!
But the truth be told - if not for ASUU,the whole Educational Sector will be in trouble!
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Rajiolaade: 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigVawulence:
And some fools are busy campaigning for Mr. Agbado and cassava.

You better don't waste your next 4 years again.

Be wise Nigerians.

Even lalasticlala is voting for Peter Obi

Big vawulence on the beat....
your papa & mama are the biggest fooool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
The truth is Government should have no business with universities
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by BigVawulence: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Rajiolaade:
your papa & mama are the biggest fooool.
But they can still feed your hungry parents.

Big vawulence on the beat....

1 Like

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Cmanforall: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/DeborahToluwase/status/1546898571915673602?t=2GPSxTMNED7-cC10_PQNeA&s=08
If the payment plan is the major concern, why are State-owned universities engaging in this strike when the outcome will not affect them?

Meanwhile, the creation of universities here are there should be stopped. Let the existing ones be improved.

If you're a millionaire or billionaire and you want to invest in education, fund a department in an existing university or do something within an existing university. This should be better than having buildings and employing lecturers from existing universities on part-time bases or even claim it's full-time just to get the required accreditations.
Check out some of these private Universities springing up, their lecturers are full-time employees of the government. How can one be employed full-time and still work (during working hours) for another institution. This could be the reason federal government would not want to bend.
Taking up those multiple jobs by older professors and lecturers (heading ASUU) affects employment of fresh graduates
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Auskyd(m): 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Cmanforall:

If the payment plan is the major concern, why are State-owned universities engaging in this strike when the outcome will not affect them?

Meanwhile, the creation of universities here are there should be stopped. Let the existing ones be improved.

If you're a millionaire or billionaire and you want to invest in education, fund a department in an existing university or do something within an existing university. This should be better than having buildings and employing lecturers from existing universities on part-time bases or even claim it's full-time just to get the required accreditations.
Check out some of these private Universities springing up, their lecturers are full-time employees of the government. How can one be employed full-time and still work (during working hours) for another institution. This could be the reason federal government would not want to bend.
Taking up those multiple jobs by older professors and lecturers (heading ASUU) affects employment of fresh graduates

You speak out of ignorance bros. Go and check why those schools are hiring lecturers from public schools. It's because there are not enough qualified lecturers to employ. You think it's bank cashier or HR abi? Lol. People just open mouth waaa without finding out reasons things happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by jojothaiv(m): 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Quest7777:
Don't be deceived; ASUU strikes will continue to reoccur until we force our leaders to make a law that kids of any public office holder must attend our public universities.
&any body that did not attend public university can not hold government public office. Such law is already in existence for NYSC.
Then we must vote for only leaders that will make such people-oriented laws. Our leaders must 1st demonstrate the patriotism they preach to us. kiss

Beautiful...
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by starz100: 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
After going through the list, the major demand is the UTAS, which ASUU can concede, whereas the others with financial implication government should shoulder.
It is gross insult to our right to higher education that ASUU will be on strike, and the politicians travel out to attend their wards graduation overseas
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Anonymoususher: 12:00am On Jul 13, 2022
Earlier we realize that this current ASUU strike is a strategy by the apc govt to disenfranchise young voters the better.

Since February they could have attended to ASUU requests but they know for sure that the #endsars youths will come for them (vote against them) hence, the strike.

Voters registration is ongoing, students are at home registering.

Watch out once registration ends, FG will get serious with ASUU to reopen schools. When schools resume these youth armies will go back to school.

Lecturers and students will be under pressure to meet up with academic calendar. When next year election comes, 90% students will not be able to travel and reason being that, no money for Tfair, stress of travelling just to vote and lastly exam pressure in school.

If they can't vote outside their pooling units then their votes become invalid and that is a huge chunk of voters denied.
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Fiscus105(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2022
On proliferation of universities I stand gidigba with them, we are still complaining old generation universities substandard, if you go to newly established universities, most especially state universities, you will cry for Nigerians future.

I know a state university that has only 3 full lecturers in Electrical engineering dept , the remaining are few adjunct lecturers. and highly substandard one laboratory for entire students with just one technologist.

Meanwhile, when it's time for accreditation, the university will go and hire lecturers from other universities, falsefy their records, by given them fake employment letters, put them to grade levels that above their real grade level, they will also go to different schools to borrow equipment among others

Nigeria I weep for the calamity that would soon befall you

1 Like

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Izongdave(m): 2:34am On Jul 13, 2022
Comrades am in pains
Since I saw my political Idol's son graduate from UK university
Dude didn't even study photography; let me be convinced that our universities can't match UK's in science courses
He studied law! That UK university 1st class holder will be perfectly outmatched and learned by a Unical Third class product
Wike sef don fall my hands
After five years in school na ASUU strike matter, we dey on top
Where vawulence HDQ admin?
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by kendocom: 3:10am On Jul 13, 2022
Sign up for the Mara Wallet waitlist and receive rewards in USD and crypto before launch
https://mara.xyz/me/1ZHDKS
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by nedekid: 4:57am On Jul 13, 2022
Benblaq:
The major things that led to this strike are:
1. The ASUU body is greedy, inconsiderate and harsh.
2. FG is heartless, evil and inconsiderate.
3. ASUU is FG, FG is ASUU.

It's really painful. What the children of the poor masses deserve and what they get is not in balance, it seems the gods are no much interested in fairness. Otherwise why would over a million students, who are supposed to be in school, be at home for over four months now? Meanwhile these men, who have done nothing to deserve the luxury they enjoy, travel out of the country every now and then to celebrate their graduating kids and rub it on our faces? In the space of two weeks we have seen Ben Murray Bruce, Wike Ezenyom and Buhari's granddaughter posing in colourful academic attainments.

Over here, we wake up to hear that ASUU and FG are currently having a meeting, and by evening ASUU will announce that they are unaware of any meeting. It takes a dogged fighter to keep this academic faith, honestly. How "four years course" became "for years course" is what I don't want to cry about anymore. There is God, and He sees everything.
In asaris voice, you think Nigeria is for you? Thru have left you since!!
You vote a heardsman and you expect any thing education to concern him? Now crazily, people want to vote a gang without or at best with questionable academic records and imagine things will get better. Someone that showed such detain for nigeria youths by saying he will put 50m of them in the army, let them shoot gun, be fed with agbado in the morning , cassava in the afternoon and fura, kunu in the evening! That it will create consumption! That is all other peoples kids are worth to him. To protect him, his family, his elites and their billions by joining army.
Anyway, one day people will wisen up.

1 Like

Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:26am On Jul 13, 2022
inoki247:
Shebi dem don dey Gada 100 billion for Obi he go use the Money pay ASUU so dat all student and ASUU can vote for him undecided undecided

Wow, so wow.
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by ufotunang: 5:48am On Jul 13, 2022
With all this condition that means this strike will still continue till next year... for I do not see Buhari and federal government settling all this condition and ASUU issues
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by ufotunang: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2022
ljoh:
Nigeria needs restructuring
...yes restructuring is the solution to Nigeria problems
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by ufotunang: 5:53am On Jul 13, 2022
frankmoney:
Most of their demand legit makes sense ... Especially the one about creating more universities , it's of no use creating more when the current one aren't well functional
...abi...why do federal government want to build new universities when the existing ones cannot be maintained and rehabilitated by the federal government and the lectures not paid...it does not make sense
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Olamicwoto: 5:56am On Jul 13, 2022
ASUU strike na their problem b dat
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by ufotunang: 5:56am On Jul 13, 2022
Our poilticians needs deliverance... For their brains to be reset
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Cmanforall: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2022
Auskyd:

You speak out of ignorance bros. Go and check why those schools are hiring lecturers from public schools. It's because there are not enough qualified lecturers to employ . You think it's bank cashier or HR abi? Lol. People just open mouth waaa without finding out reasons things happen
You are the ignorant one.
If there are not enough lecturers, that's not the reason to employ already full-time employed government lecturers.
So what are the existing universities producing? Who are the products of those ASUU lecturers/professors? Unqualified lecturers undecided?
If the ASUU lecturers cannot produce qualified professionals, then they are failures!
Graduates including postgraduate products are not qualified to lecture or be employed by private Universities, but their lecturers are?
Check yourself!
It seems you're a beneficiary of these corrupt practice.

Do not mention me again to spill trash that's full in your brain!
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by Godswilleee(m): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2022
ASUU mata tire me sad my babe wen get admission for private university wen i dey 300 l, don dey 300 l, and i still struggle with project b4 ASUU do dere own
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by arewa001(m): 7:43am On Jul 13, 2022
I stand with ASUU, how do you want our universities to do better when you don't pay the lectures well, and you don't fund the Uni well.

And you want to create more Uni, Sense is rare.
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by muyico(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2022
Bubu didnt ve o-level talkless of B.SC! how can he value education? U cant give wot u didnt ve
Re: Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike by MisfitHPG: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2022
lalasticlala:

UTAS failed integrity test,but IPPIS that passed integrity test was used to siphon 80billion by the Accountant General of the Federation...Buhari's tenure will never be forgotten as the worst in history

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? / Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG / ASUU Strike: Update From A Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.