Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Book Review, Pls Read! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Review, Pls Read! (2350 Views)

Fruiting In The Desert Of Widowhood Book Review | Imelda Udoh / Allwrite Story And Book Review Thread / Nigeria's Military Coup Culture 1966-1976 - A Book Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Book Review, Pls Read! by angelempy(f): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2007
perhaps u are right, so is gamine.
i promise NEVER to post any thing on ur thread or anywhere around.
sorry i was such a bother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Book Review, Pls Read! by nuelabkwl: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2007
wonderful, more like it, pls send more, d storyline is super, keep it going. by d way nice, like they say too many cook spoils d broth, follow ur heart
Re: Book Review, Pls Read! by Gamine(f): 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2007
I was so excited, I took time to take in my surroundings, the hall was a big one for junior secondary students, it was in a slate grey colour with red bricks at the edge, it looked posh to me, and it reminded me of the buildings I grew up with abroad. It was surrounded with lush green grass and beautiful flowers, everywhere looked pleasant in the morning sunshine.
I wonder how i would have looked, a tall girl in dark grey pinafore and white shirt holding onto a big brown suitcase standing in front of the house gate. In a second or two after being bolted into real-time by someone’s piercing laugh, i got into the hall and found my room which was on the second floor, the fresher floor, it was the fifth in a row of eight, it contained four beds and spaces with little wardrobes and tables beside the beds, the room was painted in white and the furniture was all wooden and brown, very welcoming, I smiled to myself, this isn’t so bad after all. On the admission letter, my bed space had been written c, the bed marked c was close to the rear window, pretty I thought. I was obviously the first in the room, the wardrobes were all open and all the mattresses were bare, I rolled my box in and lay on the mattress thinking woosh! start of a new life, one without being seen as a mutant, Still caught up in my thoughts as usual someone walked in giving me a start, I sat up so fast i almost hurt my waist. the girl was fair complexioned not as tall as I was but she had almond shaped eyes and was really pretty she said hello rather sharply and introduced herself as Chioma Brown. We never got along. It didn’t seem like we were going to anyways, she was doing her thing and i was attending to mine, i guess we had nothing much in common and i was never one to initiate friendship.
It was already midday when I was done putting away my things, the schedule for today mentioned a meeting for freshers in the evening but i needed to relax right now, so I got on my bed and began to think once again about being away from home. I wasn’t scared and I didn’t feel homesick yet. I wondered when i would see Dare again though. I got a comic I loved, The X-men! plus a tin of biscuits and began to munch off. Chioma had left the room by then. I began to feel sleepy and I had been warned not to sleep with the contacts so I went to the bathroom, a big blue room with three bathtubs and showers complete with curtains, sinks with mirrors, perfecto! I took out the contacts in peace and returned to the room, Chioma was back there she turned and screamed I was shocked too, so I began screaming what! What!, she then spoke in a variation of the British accent “your eyes! your eyes!! they are green , oh I had said and got on my bed, quite angry that my sleep had run off.

Nothing much happened that day, except that I eventually slept off till i heard some jingling which was the bell for dinner. Feeling groggy I went down to the bathroom to wear the lens, in all this I had to make sure nobody was around. I began to wonder where are all the girls on my floor. I strolled back to my room looking around, i didn’t see a door open.
had apparently passed by it, the tables in the hall were for eight, but the table rhea was at had only three other girls, i said hi to them and they just kept staring at me. I sat by rhea , when dinner was served i couldnt imajin eating the lump of food they brought before me, i looked at the other girls stare at their plates as my appetite went running for its life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Research Paper And A Report- Whats The Difference? / The Ivory Towers - the Good and Bad Life on Campus / The Hands Of Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.