Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar (7813 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Peter Obi Has Split Anambra Along Religious Lines - Dan Ulasi / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

At a time, I thought 'what in God's name are these people thinking'.

A former Minister from the East, an elder was in the front row of the mob attacking Soludo, he can't see what Secondary students could, for whatever reason, only God knows.

At least, now everybody's eye don clear.

Eye don clear, but they'll go and make similar infantile error in 4 or 8 years time.

I don give up for their matter.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Think9ja(m): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'll vote Obi in a rerun, because it aligns with my political family's interest and for posterity. Let no one say we worked against their candidate because of bitterness. And the SE voted en masse for GEJ, we owe them.

But I would not begrudge anyone for voting Tinubu. The North, Muslim Middle Belt, and SW will be best served voting for Tinubu.

About Atiku's choice in 2019, hindsight in 20:20. GEJ and a lot of Southern elders insisted on Obi. He was being groomed for the Presidency since 2014. If GEJ had won in 2015, Obi would have still been the VP designate in 2019 even if an Imam became the flagbearer.

Obi pulled the rug from our feet with his LP move. There are a lot of powerful people that will not forgive him if Tinubu wins. Because he just made our lives and jobs harder.

After vouching for him to the Waziri, he went and worked for Tinubu. All these Tambuwal and Rufai style politics of deception.

The Waziri has just become a victim of his liberalism. This is how we lose our friends in the North. The likes of Saraki and Shekarau will look at this turn of events and realize that there is no benefit to being cosmopolitan. Because ignorant oafs will just destroy what you've spent years building on a whim.

As for Obidients, this is why we need strong, visionary leaders. The likes of Afenifere, PANDEF, and MBF were pushing Obi; when they should have cautioned him. Dogara and Soludo tried but were attacked. The average person can be easily misled with trinkets. Leaders point the low-information followers in the direction that best serves their interests. But we don't have that and Obi had free reign to deliver for Tinubu. Okowa's kinsmen voted against him near a new state university he built for their children.

I thought 2015 was bad, 2023 takes the cake.

-Lord

It is well.
I'm from the middle belt but this doesn't look good for us Christians up north. Ordinarily, religion shouldn't be a criteria for leadership. But somehow, these guys have been able to weaponized it to their advantage. You'll see people getting denied what they are very qualified for simply because they don't reference Allah and Muh'd.

This country ehn SMH
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Parachoko: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Christains are 50% population in Nigeria and a united Christain votes will deliver Peter Obi.Atiku, Kwankwanso and Tinubu can share the Muslim votes.Why should Peter Obi step down for Atiku when he will bring more votes than Atiku?Tell Pdp to try something else.There will be new voters in 2023 and they are getting their pvc becos there is a better alternative in Peter Obi
So who eventually get more votes between Atiku and Obi?

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by aljharem(m): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:
The 2023 presidential election is less than seven months away. There are three contenders, even though Peter Obi happens to be largely a pretender in my opinion. Tinubu has chosen Shettima to be his VP candidate, Atiku chose Okowa and Peter chose Yusuf. However, of the trio, Tinubu’s choice is the most controversial as it is a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which is very insensitive to the 100M+ Christian populace. To be honest, this choice increases Tinubu’s probability amongst the Muslim community in Nigeria, especially in the north-west and north-east. This brings me to the topic: Peter Obi cannot win in those regions as they will not vote for a Christian when there are two alternatives where Muslims hold sway. In the north-west, Tinubu has a greater probability of winning there as his combination resonates with the populace. Kwankwaso has said he has no problems with the choice he made but with his platform. This means when push comes to shove, he will step down for Tinubu so that BAT’s chances of winning Kano with a wide margin come to fruition. In the north-east where Shettima and Atiku come from, Peter Obi’s odds further decline as indigenes there will rather their sons than someone else.

In the south-west, Tinubu is expected to win. Don’t allow anyone to deceive you that Tinubu will lose his backyard. Yorubas don’t involve religion during elections as they are roughly divided across three religions amidst themselves. Tinubu is seen as a God figure and when the chips are down, the vast majority will tilt towards voting for the APC. However, there exists a section of Yoruba voters especially the Christians who might not/will not vote for the APC or alternatively abstain from voting due to the insensitivity of Tinubu’s choice considering the wanton killings the Christian community has experienced in Nigeria within the last seven years. The massacre in the Catholic Church at Owo rings a bell. To these people, alternatives exist in Atiku and Peter but here is it: due to what I cannot describe as the rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas, the vast majority of these Yoruba Christians will not vote for an Igbo man. They will/might be shamed, mocked at or derided or whatever, but they won’t vote for Peter Obi and/or rather cast their votes for Atiku. On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims will never vote for an Igbo man, certainly not when an illustrious son of theirs has a strong likelihood of becoming the president.

In the north-central, Tinubu’s prospects are pretty significant as people, especially the Muslims in Kwara will vote for him. The same thing in Nasarrawa, Kogi, and Niger especially as the vast majority of people in IDP camps are Christians. Benue, for instance, has one of the highest concentrations of IDPs thereby making them unqualified to vote. His chances in Plateau and Benue are very low but APC’s structures there can deliver the minimum requirement of 25% to scale through. In the south-south and south-east, Tinubu’s chances are extremely low considering he never campaigned in the south-east and only campaigned in Delta and Cross River states in the south-south during the APC presidential primaries. Effectively, he believes he won’t win in those regions, and rightfully so. In fact, I predict that Tinubu will not campaign during the campaign season in any of the south-eastern states and only in Cross River considering the influence of Okowa in Delta. He might substitute Delta with Akwa Ibom but that is it, just two states in the south-south and none in the south-east. The south-south and south-east together are home to the vast majority of Christians in Nigeria. They will not be receptive to a Muslim-Muslim presidency.

Great analysis

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
Think9ja:

It is well.
I'm from the middle belt but this doesn't look good for us Christians up north. Ordinarily, religion shouldn't be a criteria for leadership. But somehow, these guys have been able to weaponized it to their advantage. You'll see people getting denied what they are very qualified for simply because they don't reference Allah and Muh'd.

This country ehn SMH

I'm very sad for Northern Christians.

The South failed you guys.

You guys have to aggressive in your State and local elections going forward. That's the only way to maintain any semblance of control until this terrible chapter in our nation's history ends. Because the next 8 years will be very rough.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Think9ja(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

You guys have to aggressive in your State and local elections going forward. That's the only way to maintain any semblance of control until this terrible chapter in our nation's history ends. Because the next 8 years will be very rough.

-Lord

It is well brother

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seunlayi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
anybody with working brain knows that a vote for Obi is a vote for thiefnubuu no two way about it,we told them they insulted us calling us names,if the whole election is cancelled and all the candidates recontest in free and fair election as long as Obi and his movement remain in the race thiefnubuu will still win forget about the rigging or no rigging Obi will only try he will still come third behind Atiku and thiefnubuu and Tinubu will still win. Obidiense have senselessly elected thiefnubuu with his Muslim muslim ticket and he will still win 2027 election because he will be the one to preside over 2027 election and he will rig it again whether you like it or not.I will never forgive Peter Obi and his senseless movement for this catastrophe called thiefnubuu

We are on the same side
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
anybody with working brain knows that a vote for Obi is a vote for thiefnubuu no two way about it,we told them they insulted us calling us names,if the whole election is cancelled and all the candidates recontest in free and fair election as long as Obi and his movement remain in the race thiefnubuu will still win forget about the rigging or no rigging Obi will only try he will still come third behind Atiku and thiefnubuu and Tinubu will still win. Obidiense have senselessly elected thiefnubuu with his Muslim muslim ticket and he will still win 2027 election because he will be the one to preside over 2027 election and he will rig it again whether you like it or not.I will never forgive Peter Obi and his senseless movement for this catastrophe called thiefnubuu

GBAM! Peter Obi was NEVER going to win the elections. Those Ndi intellectwats on TwitterNG made it seem like he would win.My ex boss who is a nairalander rightfully stated it was a two-horse race. Even though we parted ways due to his Buhari's support, I agreed with his projections. You did not defeat Buhari in 2019 while united, it is doing so in 2023 against a man who would lock his region and have sympathetic votes from the north?

Then the foolish ones said "let's waste our votes". I have never seen people so foolish and stoopid! The best time/chance to remove this set of APC leaders was now as Buhari has nothing at stake. Just as electing Buhari was a mistake because there was no way he would lose in 2019. Then the modafvckers believe they would oust Tinubu who has owned Lagos and the wider SW since 1999? With all the mouth, PO won only two states in the SS.

As for court, that is not possible. Lawyers go just chop money. The CJN is a Yoruba man and Nigeria is not Anambra. Just as I have always reminded those who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015, let me catch any Igbo whining that Tinubu is tribalistic or cry marginalisation.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

Eye don clear, but they'll go and make similar infantile error in 4 or 8 years time.

I don give up for their matter.

-Lord

I have read some of your posts relating to the election and your views align with mine. Although, mine is extremely because when analysing Nigeria's issues, I always expect the worst. I wonder what those naive "intellectushuals" on TwitterNG were thinking. The kind of bile secreted by APC folks during this campaign is enough to ensure they get booted out. How possible if people don't pair up? Now, some of the modafvckers are hoping for a re-run so that they vote Atiku. Something they should have done right from Day 1.

Nevertheless, I maintain my stance that Christians, both Northern and Igbos, go hear wheyn. I will always remind them of their stoopidty. The naivety and childnesses is befuddling.

People say Fulani to Fulani but forget that Atiku is way liberal and cosmopolitan than Buhari. Someone you can relate to from all parts of the country. It is why, just like I predicted, he came second in all SW states except Lagos. Only him had a natural national spread, not Tinubu. Even without votes buying or rigging, Atiku can garner votes from all parts of the country comfortably than Tinubu. That shows his patriotism. But unam ikots said Peter Obi will win southern Nigeria. grin

Cretins!

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

They failed themselves. They should have listened to Dogara and pressured Peter Obi to step down. They should know better since they are at the forefront of economic and insecurity attacks. Christians in Adamawa/Taraba live safer lives than those in Kaduna or Niger. How would that have been possible if Atiku is a religious bigot? They have more economic freedom in those places than their counterparts in Sokoto or Borno. So, why not have him in power?

Nonetheless, they would know their enemies going forward. Only a deluded Northern Christian would still attend RCCG, Mountain of Fire and Deeper Life. As for the likes of Covenant Christian Centre and HOTR, those ones don't know anywhere north of Abuja.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seunlayi(m): 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

GBAM! Peter Obi was NEVER going to win the elections. Those Ndi intellectwats on TwitterNG made it seem like he would win.My ex boss who is a nairalander rightfully stated it was a two-horse race. Even though we parted ways due to his Buhari's support, I agreed with his projections. You did not defeat Buhari in 2019 while united, it is doing so in 2023 against a man who would lock his region and have sympathetic votes from the north?

Then the foolish ones said "let's waste our votes". I have never seen people so foolish and stoopid! The best time/chance to remove this set of APC leaders was now as Buhari has nothing at stake. Just as electing Buhari was a mistake because there was no way he would lose in 2019. Then the modafvckers believe they would oust Tinubu who has owned Lagos and the wider SW since 1999? With all the mouth, PO won only two states in the SS.

As for court, that is not possible. Lawyers go just chop money. The CJN is a Yoruba man and Nigeria is not Anambra. Just as I have always reminded those who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015, let me catch any Igbo whining that Tinubu is tribalistic or cry marginalisation.

grin grin grin

Even if the election is cancelled, they will still prefer obi shortcut to run alone and repeat the same failure. Instead of finalising talk and plan with Atiku for 2027 which am sure APC will also field somebody from the SE to counter PDP plan for 2027.

My people from the SE, please take heart, wait till 2031, oh no! Wait till 2039 because Hausa will take it back after Tinubu 8yrs.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
Think9ja:

It is well.

This country ehn SMH

Learn Yoruba, and leave your region. Move to the SW - it has always been Nigeria's most prosperous region. With Tinubu's victory, no region would see its back economically. I recall Udom speaking when he narrated how Tinubu insulted him, notwithstanding their shared history. How he lamented that he has not been able to get approval for Ibom Deep Seaport. I saw in him that things would get better by having Atiku in the office. How on earth was Obi going to win the north west where he needed fresh voters?! Atiku has won states there and one in the SW, while coming second except Lagos - which they won as a pair in 2019.

On the other hand, just prepare to lose your lands. That is just the truth. If you notice, those SW based churches never protested or shouted that Northern Christians are being butchered. The last time Adeboye went to the north was to beg El-Rufai to talk to his boys who kidnapped RCCG members. Calling El-Rufai a "kind and caring man". Is that the kind of Christian leader you expect would defend your interests? Have you heard him cough notwithstanding the relentless slaughtering of preists and pastors in the north? Imagine El-Rufai as the Defence minister? No be die be that?

So, lose your land, but not your lives. If your sons are not plenty, have your daughters marry Igbo men, and maybe Yoruba Christian men (assuming they don't dissuade them from marrying outside as APC Yoruba folks keep insinuating). Or else, una go become history in about twenty years.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
seunlayi:

grin grin grin

Even if the election is cancelled, they will still prefer obi shortcut to run alone and repeat the same failure. Instead of finalising talk and plan with Atiku for 2027 which am sure APC will also field somebody from the SE to counter PDP plan for 2027.

My people from the SE, please take heart, wait till 2031, oh no! Wait till 2039 because Hausa will take it back after Tinubu 8yrs.

I was preaching this all the time on Twitter that Peter Obi should step down for Atiku as he canntot win a national election. I knew it that Yorubas would vote their oga. Even if you pair Obi vs Atiku in the SW, Atiku would win. That is the truth. These modafvckers don't know Nigeria's history. Idiots are screaming rigging. What rigging when you have divided votes that could have shattered any chance of rigging? The obduracy and foolishness are my greatest annoyance. People who cut off the face to spite the nose. They wanted Obi to preside over Kwankwaso. Man, the idiocy!

It pains me as my dad is Igbo and mom Ibibio. I wanted real economic development to come to the region, and this was the best chance. Also, I wanted some who can protect Northern Christians' best interests. Now, these modafvckers have defeated them. Let me catch any Igbo person who laments of marginalisation and s/he voted for Peter Obi, I will spit on the person's face. As for Northern Christians, I can forgive them as too much murders can distort one's reasoning. I would tirelessly mock those Igbos who have been shouting up and down that Obi will win.

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:
With this analysis, wherever Tinubu’s chances are higher, Peter Obi’s are lower and vice-versa. However, the issue is: the people who would vote for Peter Obi are folks who have historically voted for the PDP and did vote for Atiku in 2019. This means he (Peter Obi) is not getting fresh voters from groups that did not vote for the PDP in 2015 and 2019. For instance, in 2019, almost a million people in Southern Kaduna voted for the PDP. In 2023, some of those people will vote for the Labour Party further reducing the votes PDP would have garnered. Let’s face it: the Labour Party does not have structures in the hinterlands of the country or die-hard/historical voters.

The same thing applies to the south-east and south-south. In these regions, Peter’s chances are higher but these are people that have consistently and historically voted for the PDP across all electoral positions. For instance, prior to the senatorial elections in 2019, Godswill Akpabio defected to the APC and lost resoundingly to the PDP. Mind you, this was the same position he won with a landslide when he aspired for it in 2015 under the PDP. Why? The voters in his senatorial district voted against him mainly because he defected to the APC. These are core/die-hard PDP supporters. In 2023, these people will not vote for the APC due to its Muslim-Muslim combination but will divide their votes between the Labour Party and the PDP. The inclusion of Peter Obi in the presidential election does more harm than good to the PDP and his ethnic group, ditto ethnic minorities in general. I understand the pain of the south-east that the PDP chose a Fulani northerner as its candidate, but the reality is: an Igbo man cannot be Nigeria’s president in its present state. Kwankwaso echoed it, and I am saying that is the reality. The alternative is to have an Igbo man as the VP and Okowa does this beautifully, something Peter should have been the one had he remained in the PDP.

Again, a vote for Peter Obi and the Labour Party is a vote for Tinubu. Where-ever PDP could have competed greatly with the APC, Labour Party snatches those vital votes, and this affects PDP’s odds while increasing Tinubu’s. Even prominent APC’s supporters have said the same (screenshot attached). Peter Obi cannot win the presidential election, and his inclusion affects PDP’s chances and increases the prospects of having a Muslim-Muslim presidency.

In summary, Peter Gregory Obi should step down for Atiku Abubakar.

The anger in me reading this again is at high levels. Let me catch any Igbo person cry marginalisation, it is God that would punish you. Tinubu can do whatever he likes against you people, you deserve it. In your next life, you would learn to be pragmatic.

MODAFVCKERS!

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Vistra40:
I have noticed recently that PDP people have come up with a new strategy of trying to pressure Peter obi for stepping down for Atiku. Guess what guys, this strategy is dead on arrival

GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!

Come and win the election let me see.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

I have read some of your posts relating to the election and your views align with mine. Although, mine is extremely because when analysing Nigeria's issues, I always expect the worst. I wonder what those naive "intellectushuals" on TwitterNG were thinking. The kind of bile secreted by APC folks during this campaign is enough to ensure they get booted out. How possible if people don't pair up? Now, some of the modafvckers are hoping for a re-run so that they vote Atiku. Something they should have done right from Day 1.

Nevertheless, I maintain my stance that Christians, both Northern and Igbos, go hear wheyn. I will always remind them of their stoopidty. The naivety and childnesses is befuddling.

People say Fulani to Fulani but forget that Atiku is way liberal and cosmopolitan than Buhari. Someone you can relate to from all parts of the country. It is why, just like I predicted, he came second in all SW states except Lagos. Only him had a natural national spread, not Tinubu. Even without votes buying or rigging, Atiku can garner votes from all parts of the country comfortably than Tinubu. That shows his patriotism. But unam ikots said Peter Obi will win southern Nigeria. grin

Cretins!

The "intellectushuals" were profiting from the movement to improve their profile. Na so dem mk Sai Baba go viral in 2015.

Dey tok, even if na NEPA bill.

The daftness is legendary. Mk everybody answer him papa name. The next 8 years, anything dem see, dem manage.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Achobaisiochu: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ventura1:
Your analysis was spot on, had Obi not decamp, Atiku chances would have been brighter.

And, if Obi had emerges PDP presidential candidate, the north bloc votes would have gone to Tinubu.
Assuming Obi remains in PDP and probably become vice to Atiku, quote me Tinubu (APC) will clear SE regions hands down.
Secondly, there will be nothing like OBIDIENT MOVEMENT.
God punish Muslim Hausa-Fulani hegemonic ruling!
Who will vote Atiku in the East? A Muslim hausa Fulani, God punish them!
Why should any party thought of chosen a Muslim hausa Fulani to continues after a Muslim hausa Fulani?
On the other hand OBI stands more chances of winning election than that thief called ATIKU. God will keep punishing Atiku and that dead party called PDP!
OBI's coastal line is still clear, God knows he won this election hands down but this evil Parties, APC and PDP decided to rigged it.
Obi won 13 states + fct even with the massive rigging against him by this two parties, Atiku and Tinubu won 11 states respectively while Kwankwaso won 1 state.
Obi is also going to be the 1st runner up ahead of Atiku.
Obi is still going to challenge the election in the court because there are clear evidences showed how he was rigged out and by God grace he will take his mandate back.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

They failed themselves. They should have listened to Dogara and pressured Peter Obi to step down. They should know better since they are at the forefront of economic and insecurity attacks. Christians in Adamawa/Taraba live safer lives than those in Kaduna or Niger. How would that have been possible if Atiku is a religious bigot? They have more economic freedom in those places than their counterparts in Sokoto or Borno. So, why not have him in power?

Nonetheless, they would know their enemies going forward. Only a deluded Northern Christian would still attend RCCG, Mountain of Fire and Deeper Life. As for the likes of Covenant Christian Centre and HOTR, those ones don't know anywhere north of Abuja.

The Northern Christians have been rudderless since 1999.

Heaven help them cause they'll need all the help they can get.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:
The 2023 presidential election is less than seven months away. There are three contenders, even though Peter Obi happens to be largely a pretender in my opinion. Tinubu has chosen Shettima to be his VP candidate, Atiku chose Okowa and Peter chose Yusuf. However, of the trio, Tinubu’s choice is the most controversial as it is a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which is very insensitive to the 100M+ Christian populace. To be honest, this choice increases Tinubu’s probability amongst the Muslim community in Nigeria, especially in the north-west and north-east. This brings me to the topic: Peter Obi cannot win in those regions as they will not vote for a Christian when there are two alternatives where Muslims hold sway. In the north-west, Tinubu has a greater probability of winning there as his combination resonates with the populace. Kwankwaso has said he has no problems with the choice he made but with his platform. This means when push comes to shove, he will step down for Tinubu so that BAT’s chances of winning Kano with a wide margin come to fruition. In the north-east where Shettima and Atiku come from, Peter Obi’s odds further decline as indigenes there will rather their sons than someone else.

In the south-west, Tinubu is expected to win. Don’t allow anyone to deceive you that Tinubu will lose his backyard. Yorubas don’t involve religion during elections as they are roughly divided across three religions amidst themselves. Tinubu is seen as a God figure and when the chips are down, the vast majority will tilt towards voting for the APC. However, there exists a section of Yoruba voters especially the Christians who might not/will not vote for the APC or alternatively abstain from voting due to the insensitivity of Tinubu’s choice considering the wanton killings the Christian community has experienced in Nigeria within the last seven years. The massacre in the Catholic Church at Owo rings a bell. To these people, alternatives exist in Atiku and Peter but here is it: due to what I cannot describe as the rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas, the vast majority of these Yoruba Christians will not vote for an Igbo man. They will/might be shamed, mocked at or derided or whatever, but they won’t vote for Peter Obi and/or rather cast their votes for Atiku. On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims will never vote for an Igbo man, certainly not when an illustrious son of theirs has a strong likelihood of becoming the president.

In the north-central, Tinubu’s prospects are pretty significant as people, especially the Muslims in Kwara will vote for him. The same thing in Nasarrawa, Kogi, and Niger especially as the vast majority of people in IDP camps are Christians. Benue, for instance, has one of the highest concentrations of IDPs thereby making them unqualified to vote. His chances in Plateau and Benue are very low but APC’s structures there can deliver the minimum requirement of 25% to scale through. In the south-south and south-east, Tinubu’s chances are extremely low considering he never campaigned in the south-east and only campaigned in Delta and Cross River states in the south-south during the APC presidential primaries. Effectively, he believes he won’t win in those regions, and rightfully so. In fact, I predict that Tinubu will not campaign during the campaign season in any of the south-eastern states and only in Cross River considering the influence of Okowa in Delta. He might substitute Delta with Akwa Ibom but that is it, just two states in the south-south and none in the south-east. The south-south and south-east together are home to the vast majority of Christians in Nigeria. They will not be receptive to a Muslim-Muslim presidency.

Oh my effing Jupiter.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Assuming Obi remains in PDP and probably become vice to Atiku, quote me Tinubu (APC) will clear SE regions hands down.
God punish Muslim Hausa-Fulani hegemonic ruling!
Who will vote Atiku in the East? A Muslim hausa Fulani, God punish them!

Michonu there.

Muslim-Muslim ticket will not even sweep SE in your dreams.

The worst that would happen is that there will be low voter turnout. But every state will end up in the Waziri's haul.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Achobaisiochu: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

Michonu there.

Muslim-Muslim ticket will not even sweep SE in your dreams.

The worst that would happen is that there will be low voter turnout. But every state will end up in the Waziri's haul.

-Lord
Ewu hausa! Efulefu!
A yoruba Muslim is far more better than Hausa-Fulani Muslim by far.
The major reason why we are against Tinubu is because of his old age, of which Atiku is also old, both of them are corrupt but Atiku is more.
Also, most especially we have better candidate like Obi.
Who will vote a conc Hausa-Fulani Muslim against a Lagos Yoruba Muslim?
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Ewu hausa! Efulefu!
The major reason why we are against Tinubu is because of his old age, of which Atiku is also old, both of them are corrupt but Atiku is more.

Your name already looks and sounds Islamic.

Nice one, you are learning pretty quickly. Now, add Yoruba language, and everything should be good.

Yoruba ronu ooooooo
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Ewu hausa! Efulefu!
Also, most especially we have better candidate like Obi.

Na abacha full your head.

Yoruba Muslim that asked "Where are the cows" and Vice that founded Boko Haram are better than a ticket of Atiku and Obi.

F**lish bigot. Cut your nose to spite your face.

You'd rather have Western and Northern Muslims than have an Igbo Christian. C*NT!

Thank heavens, your prayer has been answered.

When the killings resume, complain give LP. When the marginalization enter full drive, complain give LP. Na Atiku b your problem. Compare the killings in the NC and SE and in the SW under Buhari with a SW vice. Then imagine what Obi Vice could have prevented. Or have you never heard about slots in your life. Obi would have placed a lot of Igbos in the federal architecture of this country. But no, na Yoruba and Kanuri muslims go protect your interest.

GEJ that was not even from the SE, made Ihejirika COAS, made Anyim SGF. All the bomb blasts were restricted to the North. Today, the killings don reach Ebonyi. UGM here and there.

And what about economy. Una go complain say no deep seaport for Eastern Nigeria, na Yoruba and Kanuri muslims go give you seaport, so you'll be able to receive goods cheaply in Onitsha, Nnewi, and Aba. ONYE ARA!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

Your name already looks and sounds Islamic.

Nice one, you are learning pretty quickly. Now, add Yoruba language, and everything should be good.

Yoruba ronu ooooooo

Dem many like that when be Christians for SE.

Guilt by association. All Fulanis na error for their end.

Prideful nonentities. Negative IQ. Their cunning end in trade. Fulani man give you seat for bus to Aso Rock. You say no, make Yoruba man and Kanuri man dey go.

The same Kanuri man that will not consider an Igbo man as a running mate. If all my enemies are as st***d as they are, I no get problem at all.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Saladdin: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'm not as pessimistic as you are about the overall trajectory.

I wasn't surprised by Buhari's malfeasance. But I will be if Tinubu fails to perform on key indices like infrastructure, manufacturing, education, health, agriculture.

On security matters, I do not expect improvement.

I think one aspect you're omitting in your long term predictions is that no one likes a loser. Obi outperformed this year, but when he continues losing election year after year without fail, Christians in vulnerable areas will return to PDP and recognize the dire straits they're in. Hopefully, that would not be too late.

Understandably, this will be known as the Islamic golden era in Nigeria, but a lot is still in flux.

That said, I used to be concerned about Islamic domination in Nigeria, I'm not anymore. Nigerian Christians deserve all the punishment they'll receive. Amaechi, SW, and NE Christians were used to usher in Buhari. Now Obi and Wike have ushered in a Muslim Muslim ticket. In 2031, there will be another Christian willing to do the hatchet job. If Christians are unlucky, they'll only realize their folly when it is too late.

Worse, if Tinubu performs in terms of the economy as I expect, that'd be an extra feather in their cap. Because then you'd have a very vocal percentage of Christians trade the cassock for their stomach; using the competence line.

-Lord

Much admiration for you sir.

Your use of English is just too awesome!

Quick question please, how do you feel the NW will fare economically in a Tinubu regime.

Also, now that Tinubu's concentration will no longer solely be on Lagos, do you see the SS having another national port?

Overall what's your view on his government?
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Achobaisiochu: 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

Na abacha full your head.

Yoruba Muslim that asked "Where are the cows" and Vice that founded Boko Haram are better than a ticket of Atiku and Obi.

F**lish bigot. Cut your nose to spite your face.

You'd rather have Western and Northern Muslims than have an Igbo Christian. C*NT!

Thank heavens, your prayer has been answered.

When the killings resume, complain give LP. When the marginalization enter full drive, complain give LP. Na Atiku b your problem. Compare the killings in the NC and SE and in the SW under Buhari with a SW vice. Then imagine what Obi Vice could have prevented. Or have you never heard about slots in your life. Obi would have placed a lot of Igbos in the federal architecture of this country. But no, na Yoruba and Kanuri muslims go protect your interest.

GEJ that was not even from the SE, made Ihejirika COAS, made Anyim SGF. All the bomb blasts were restricted to the North. Today, the killings don reach Ebonyi. UGM here and there.

And what about economy. Una go complain say no deep seaport for Eastern Nigeria, na Yoruba and Kanuri muslims go give you seaport, so you'll be able to receive goods cheaply in Onitsha, Nnewi, and Aba. ONYE ARA!

-Lord
What is this one saying? Did you smoke Igbo?
God punish you hausa Fulani Muslim
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
Saladdin:

Much admiration for you sir.

Your use of English is just too awesome!

Quick question please, how do you feel the NW will fare economically in a Tinubu regime.

Also, now that Tinubu's concentration will no longer solely be on Lagos, do you see the SS having another national port?

Overall what's your view on his government?

The NW do not have major economic aspirations. Tinubu will be able to satisfy the NW by maintaining their elite's presence in the Federal Institutions. That's their bread and butter. Economic indices are only valuable in the South. The NW practices trickle-down economics. The elites eat directly from the national cake and the population supports themselves with trade, agriculture, and any crumbs from the elite.

Tinubu will not force development on the NW. He may make entreaties, but at the slightest pushback, he'll cease any attempts. He would fund their interests though, from oil prospecting to the military to religious institutions.

Tinubu does not have to do much in the SS. He only has to keep our chieftains in the APC happy. Oshiomole, Akpabio, Omo-Agege. SS has oil to rely on, so there is no pressure for performance from Abuja. They can keep the Ibom Sea Port on back burner for the next 8 years and no one would raise a stink. In any case, Buhari completed the 2nd Niger Bridge. Tinubu may use the Sea Port as a flagship project for obvious reasons.

Overall, Tinubu may be burdened trying to keep his loose coalition together to get a second term to actually perform. But that would be a death knell. He cannot even afford to be compared to Buhari by mistake. The bar for Southern Presidents is higher than for Northern Presidents. He has to hit the ground running. Can he do that? I have zero doubts. He has the capacity.

But this country can be very peculiar. There may be unforeseen challenges that make things complicated for him. For instance, what if Shettima becomes an Atiku? The likes of el Rufai and Kwankwaso will want the ticket in APC after Tinubu, and if Shettima suspects Tinubu is entertaining a different choice, he will torpedo Tinubu's government. What he did with Chibok will be a dress rehearsal. Corruption scandals, an unsettled country (he'd be having the worst start to a Presidency in Nigeria's history), amongst other factors can easily derail his administration.

What I know for sure is that no one will accept any excuse, not even the Northerners supporting him today. In fact, the opposition can seize power by frustrating his agendas.

In summary, Tinubu should perform admirably. But that does not mean he's bullet proof.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by mycar: 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Parachoko:
The joke is on you 🤡🤡
Joke of election? it is only the weak that write results

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

This slowpoke.

Tinubu lost both his backyard and village.

Kwankwaso didn't step down for your druggie.

Peter Obi has shaken Nigeria to it's foundation with his performance at the polls.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, Kwankwaso did not step down for tinubu, and T. lost Kano. You was right about Obi's chances going in the North though.

Well, Tinubu won the SW...but it looks increasingly vulnerable for APC. overall, APC performed badly compared to 2019, especially in Lagos, and Osun, and it came close elsewhere.

Lagos is slipping out of Tinubu's grasp.

Nassarawa did go to LP (big surprise...though Karu-Nyanya-Keffi axis is basically part of the FCT , which is an LP stronghold...even then.
Benue went to APC, but very narrowly (I suspect because people were voting against Ortom, not for Tinubu).
Delta and Akwa Ibom went to LP and PDP respectively. The surprise is Rivers (which I think was very very wayoish)

Right otherwise though you were.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
bennyflipy:
I've been preaching this for long, but these foolish Obi supporters wouldn't listen, rather they'll rain all manner of insults on you.

The church and pastors were busy deceiving people.
You can't have a division in your house and succeed.

That was one of the reasons I started supporting tinubu with my full chest.

If you remove the Muslim-Muslim ticket, tinubu is even the best candidate.

So this is where you idiots hid to wail grin

Why would Obi step down for Atiku? Why couldn't Atiku step down for Obi or any other southerner since a northerner was completing his term?

No doubt your mindset then was that Obi had no prospects whatsoever. Some of you predicted he'd loose even in his Anambra.

If you were to know what you know now about Obi's strength, would you make same demand?

You have seen all the riggings flying around, some were very evil, barring all that, Obi would have been getting set for either a rerun or swearing in.

You little monkeys should go and hide your faces. You were all here abusing G5 governors because you lots were banking on the north abandoning Tinubu for their own.

Now you want to dictate the Peter Obi on how to play his politics because he works for you or what.

We OBIdients still retained a soft spot for Atiku while the campaign lasted, but rather than selling your candidate, you were attacking OBIdients.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by bennyflipy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
So this is where you idiots hid to wail grin

Why would Obi step down for Atiku? Why couldn't Atiku step down for Obi or any other southerner since a northerner was completing his term?

No doubt your mindset then was that Obi had no prospects whatsoever. Some of you predicted he'd loose even in his Anambra.

If you were to know what you know now about Obi's strength, would you make same demand?

You have seen all the riggings flying around, some were very evil, barring all that, Obi would have been getting set for either a rerun or swearing in.

You little monkeys should go and hide your faces. You were all here abusing G5 governors because you lots were banking on the north abandoning Tinubu for their own.

Now you want to dictate the Peter Obi on how to play his politics because he works for you or what.

We OBIdients still retained a soft spot for Atiku while the campaign lasted, but rather than selling your candidate, you were attacking OBIdients.

Obidense

You people don't see pass your nose, I won't blame.

Adiós.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imo LP Members Protest At INEC Office, Demand Release Of CTC Of Guber Poll Docum / Governor Yakowa’ S Convoy Kills Poor Orange Seller In Kaduna / Soludo Inspects 26km Ufuma-Awa-Okpeze-Ndiukwenu-Amansea Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.