Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar (7759 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Peter Obi Has Split Anambra Along Religious Lines - Dan Ulasi / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by gidgiddy: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

Fine but please don't come complaining when you have a Muslim-Muslim presidency, and expectedly 24 years of Muslims being the president.

Also, I'm curious, why do you believe Peter Obi can win the election?

Personally, I dont think Peter Obi can win the elections, he wont win any state in the North

However, this is no longer about winning elections. How can you ask Peter Obi to step down for a Northern Fulani like Atiku when a Northern Fulani like Buhari is about to complete 8 years?

How can anyone ask Peter Obi to step down for a Yoruba man like Tinubu when the South West has already had 8 years with Obasanjo in this political dispensation?

Where is the justice and equity for the South East, and indeed, the Igbo man?

So the Igbo man keeps stepping down for others? When will others step down for the Igbo man? Where is this 'one Nigeria' people keep parroting everywhere?

The problem of Nigeria is beyond elections and who wins, any country built on injustice and falsehood, the way Nigeria is, will go nowhere, no matter who wins elections

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

Personally, I dont think Peter Obi can win the elections, he wont win any state in the North

However, this is no longer about winning elections. How can you ask Peter Obi to step down for a Northern Fulani like Atiku when a Northern Fulani like Buhari is about to complete 8 years?

How can anyone ask Peter Obi to step down for a Yoruba man like Tinubu when the South West has already had 8 years with Obasanjo in this political dispensation?

So the Igbo man keeps stepping down for others? When will others step down for the Igbo man? Where is this 'one Nigeria' people keep parroting everywhere?

The problem of Nigeria is beyond elections and who wins, any country built on injustice and falsehood, the way Nigeria is, will go nowhere, no matter who wins elections

Where did I state that Peter should step down for Tinubu? I don't want a Muslim-Muslim presidency and the ONLY way to avoid it is by ensuring Atiku wins. A back-to-back Fulani presidency is better than Muslim-Muslim presidency with the potential to be 24 uninterrupted years of Muslims being the president. Choose the lesser of both evils.

As a result of the civil war, Igbos have been relegated to the back seat of Nigerian politics, that's the reality. The closest Igbos came to the presidency was Jonathan's era, and you saw the attacks and back-biting he faced because some people saw him as an Igbo man. Yet people believe those people will now vote for an actual Igbo man? C'mon! Let's be realistic here.

Unless you want a Muslim-Muslim presidency, fine and good.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

Where did I state that Peter should step down for Tinubu? I don't want a Muslim-Muslim presidency and the ONLY way to avoid it is by ensuring Atiku wins. A back-to-back Fulani presidency is better than Muslim-Muslim presidency with the potential to be 24 uninterrupted years of Muslims being the president. Choose the lesser of both evils.

As a result of the civil war, Igbos have been relegated to the back seat of Nigerian politics, that's the reality. The closest Igbos came to the presidency was Jonathan's era, and you saw the attacks and back-biting he faced because some people saw him as an Igbo man. Yet people believe those people will now vote for an actual Igbo man? C'mon! Let's be realistic here.

Christains are 50% population in Nigeria and a united Christain votes will deliver Peter Obi.Atiku, Kwankwanso and Tinubu can share the Muslim votes.Why should Peter Obi step down for Atiku when he will bring more votes than Atiku?Tell Pdp to try something else.There will be new voters in 2023 and they are getting their pvc becos there is a better alternative in Peter Obi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by buckeyemedia: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2022
mycar:

why not Atiku to step down for PO since by you, Tinubu will defeat him(Atiku) in the north and kwankwaso will step down for Tinubu instead of Atiku?
Because no logical politically Northern Muslim will vote for Peter Obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by shortIGBOman: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2022
cybersoldiers:

And you're here crying?..

Bandit spotted.
Get lost.

The thing pain Emeka well well. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

I had to post this thread so that posterity will judge me that I tried my best to advise people. When e finally happen, I'll gloat at them (I'm kukuma good at gloating).

These optimistic Nigerians forget that the best way to predict events in Nigeria is to ALWAYS expecting the worse to happen.

Who did you vote or campaign for....or support for the 2015 and 2019 elections?
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by buckeyemedia: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Christains are 50% population in Nigeria and a united Christain votes will deliver Peter Obi.Atiku, Kwankwanso and Tinubu can share the Muslim votes.Why should Peter Obi step down for Atiku when he will bring more votes than Atiku?Tell Pdp to try something else.There will be new voters in 2023 and they are getting their pvc becos there is a better alternative in Peter Obi
Like he said, majority Yoruba Christians will vote for Tinubu instead of Obi, because most southerners will vote tribe over religion, whether Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal, Jewish or Muslim.

Obi’s participation whilst weakening pdp, will only make it easier for APC & Tinubu to win.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by gidgiddy: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

And this should tell you that the Nigeria you see today is total fraud. Are we in Nigeria to be fighting each other for political supremacy? Is that what we came together for? Why should I be fighting for political power in my own country? Why should any tribe be relegated to the political background in their own country?

Nigeria should have been restructured a long time ago, with all the zones controlling their resources, and have a weak centre, so that nobody cares where the President comes from, or his religious inclination.

Today we have an all powerful Presidency that everyone is fighting for, causing disunity and hate.

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump battled for the Presidency of the USA. Nobody even remembered that they were both Christians from New York. This is because USA is structured in such a way that every state is controlling their resources, have their own state Police, etc such that nobody ever feels cheated, no matter who is President

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by eddie7: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2022
That can't happen

Never

Laye Laye
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Jking20(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

I hear you. Only Christians voted Obasanjo and Jonathan. Muslims ARE notnzs stupid as you think they are.

You're as stupid as your write up. Visit a nursery School and learn comprehension.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Businessman1986(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2022
mycar:

So, it's christians that will vote for Muslim president?

I am a Muslim. I come from a Muslim Family. My family from grandfather (Alh Ambali) to uncles, to all my cousins voted in 99' for OBJ, and 2011 for GEJ. Easily. Go figure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

They intend to RIG...especially the APC mob who invented vote-buying in the Nigerian democratic process! However, i feel Peter Obi can win a good number of states in the middle-belt. And there are certain states in the muslim core-north, like kano, that sometimes buck the voting trend the muslim core north is known for, so he may get a good number of votes there too!

However, the same hegemonic forces that prevented MKO Abiola from becoming president, and murdered his wife for good measure.....that same malevolent force is still around today! So forget 'electronic transmission of results' and all other such gimmicks they will use to give daft and naive Nigerians false hope that things will be done fairly.....these malevolent, anti-democratic, anti-southern, anti-Christian and anti-Igbo forces that brought and sustained a Buhari in power, will see to it that NO Igbo takes over from Buhari in 2023! They have a superiority complex towards ALL southerners and christians, but if push comes to shove and the choice is between a Obi or a shady Tinubu, they would rather go with a Tinubu than a 'nyamuree' who may want to restructure the polity, institute TRUE federalism and bring about a level playing field!

So you see, it has nothing to do with Peter Obi winning or not winning states in the core north! THEY HAVE OTHER ACES UP THEIR SLEEVES! shocked
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Jking20(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2022
mycar:

So, it's christians that will vote for Muslim president?

This isn't the first time, revisit the stats of 2015 & 2019 general election.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Like he said, majority Yoruba Christians will vote for Tinubu instead of Obi, because most southerners will vote tribe over religion, whether Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal, Jewish or Muslim.

Obi’s participation whilst weakening pdp, will only make it easier for APC & Tinubu to win.
The 2023 election is about religion, even all Churches are campaigning for Peter Obi, even if tinubu win sw, it won't be enough.There are enough Christains in SE, SS and North to vote Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Businessman1986(m): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

How can a back to back Fulani presidency be better than a revolving South and North (Fulani) arrangement. A Southern Presidency with due support from our Northern brothers and sisters is the only way to balance the Nigerian equation.

Be mindful sir.

4 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by buckeyemedia: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The 2023 election is about religion, even all Churches are campaigning for Peter Obi, even if tinubu win sw, it won't be enough.There are enough Christains in SE, SS and North to vote Peter Obi
Peter Obi @ best will only win The South East, robbing pdp off their traditional strong hold, which APC could care less about.

Which Muslim in Northern Nigeria will vote for Peter Obi when they have Atiku, Kwankwaso & Tinubu to choose from?

The argument here is that Obi contesting this election is only beneficial to APC & Tinubu, the minute Jagaban selected a Muslim from Northern Nigeria, it eliminated any little chance Obi may have had, which was never a lot in the first instance.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Drfernandez(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
You are naive politically and otherwise. Your little brain did not tell you that unlike the 1993 election where the two-party system was in place and was a two-horse race between NRC and SDP, which largely contributed to SDP victory, that it is not the same in the 2023 election.

The fact that you failed to tell yourself the truth that Atiku would do better than Tinubu in the entire North using your sentimental analogy, shows that you are completely naive.

The election will be Peter Obi's to lose, so he is winning by all indices available so far.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Businessman1986(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
We live in a multi-religious society and no one can be taken for granted. I, here speaking, has Christian kin. My Aunty was around for Ileya duly in charge of the sallah meat being prepared. And I love her.

We cannot afford to be enemies of each other, but deciders by our votes for a better tomorrow. The Fulani (North) has spent 8 years, plus many, many years pre-1999 in the highest office of the land. Patriotism requires a balancing act.

The time for the SOUTH has to come, until the time comes when power goes back to the NORTH.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by buckeyemedia: 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
Drfernandez:
You are naive politically and othrwis. Your little brain did not tell you that unlike the 1993 election where the two-party system was in place and was a two-horse race between NRC and SDP, which largely contributed to SDP victory, that it is not the same in the 2023 election.

The fact that you believe that you failed to tell you self the truth that Atiku would do better than Tinubu in the entire North using your sentimental analogy, shows that you are completely naive.

The election will be Peter Obi's to lose, so he is winning by all indices available so far.

Let Peter Obi continue deceiving himself, & not support Pdp to give them a chance, then you Obidients should start preparing your congratulatory message for Bola Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
Businessman1986:

How can a back to back Fulani presidency be better than a revolving South and North (Fulani) arrangement. A Southern Presidency with due support from our Northern brothers and sisters is the only way to balance the Nigerian equation.

Be mindful sir.

With who as the president if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

And this should tell you that the Nigeria you see today is total fraud. Are we in Nigeria to be fighting each other for political supremacy? Is that what we came together for? Why should I be fighting for political power in my own country? Why should any tribe be relegated to the political background in their own country?

Nigeria should have been restructured a long time ago, with all the zones controlling their resources, and have a weak centre, so that nobody cares where the President comes from, or his religious inclination.

Today we have an all powerful Presidency that everyone is fighting for, causing disunity and hate.

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump battled for the Presidency of the USA. Nobody even remembered that they were both Christians from New York. This is because USA is structured in such a way that every state is controlling their resources, have their own state Police, etc such that nobody ever feels cheated, no matter who is President

States in Indian have their laws yet Indians wouldn't want a Muslim prime minister. That's the United States. All societies are not the same. Singaporean Chinese will not be comfortable with a Singaporean Malay as the prime minister even though it's highly developed. When the United States is roughly divided between two distinct religions, she should be used as an example. As it's, it's an invalid case study.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Eddygourdo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

This is the argument you Peter Obi's supporters made by demanding Kwankwaso step down for Peter Obi and become PO's VP candidate. I saw that as a joke, which was one.

I have stated reasons geopolitical zone by zone by Peter Obi cannot win but if you believe he can, good for you people. Just don't come complaining when you have a Muslim-Muslim presidency.
We will accept it like that if it happens. we both will have to. you will lose and we will lose. we will both suffer and gnash our teeth. so if you want to stand a chance at winning , tell Atiku to do the right thing and step down for Obi. It is the turn of the SOUTH. That cannot be hammered enough

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Peter Obi @ best will only win The South East, robbing pdp off their traditional strong hold, which APC could care less about.

Which Muslim in Northern Nigeria will vote for Peter Obi when they have Atiku, Kwankwaso & Tinubu to choose from?

The argument here is that Obi contesting this election is only beneficial to APC & Tinubu, the minute Jagaban selected a Muslim from Northern Nigeria, it eliminated any little chance Obi may have had, which was never a lot in the first instance.
Muslim and Northerners splitted vote btw Atiku, Kwankwanso and Tinubu can't win a united SS,SE and Christains for Peter Obi.Anyother talk from you is from a selfish interest

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Christains are 50% population in Nigeria and a united Christain votes will deliver Peter Obi. Atiku, Kwankwanso and Tinubu can share the Muslim votes. Why should Peter Obi step down for Atiku when he will bring more votes than Atiku? Tell Pdp to try something else.There will be new voters in 2023 and they are getting their pvc becos there is a better alternative in Peter Obi

A classic example of someone who doesn't read before commenting.

In the south-west, Tinubu is expected to win. Don’t allow anyone to deceive you that Tinubu will lose his backyard. Yorubas don’t involve religion during elections as they are roughly divided across three religions amidst themselves. Tinubu is seen as a God figure and when the chips are down, the vast majority will tilt towards voting for the APC. However, there exists a section of Yoruba voters especially the Christians who might not/will not vote for the APC or alternatively abstain from voting due to the insensitivity of Tinubu’s choice considering the wanton killings the Christian community has experienced in Nigeria within the last seven years. The massacre in the Catholic Church at Owo rings a bell. To these people, alternatives exist in Atiku and Peter but here is it: due to what I cannot describe as the rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas, the vast majority of these Yoruba Christians will not vote for an Igbo man. They will/might be shamed, mocked at or derided or whatever, but they won’t vote for Peter Obi and/or rather cast their votes for Atiku. On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims will never vote for an Igbo man, certainly not when an illustrious son of theirs has a strong likelihood of becoming the president.

Kwankwaso has said he has no problems with the choice he made but with his platform. This means when push comes to shove, he will step down for Tinubu so that BAT’s chances of winning Kano with a wide margin come to fruition.

In the north-east where Shettima and Atiku come from, Peter Obi’s odds further decline as indigenes there will rather their sons than someone else.

The north east has a significant Christian population but their votes will be divided between Peter and Atiku. APC gets her minimum 25% and gets out.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

Who did you vote or campaign for....or support for the 2015 and 2019 elections?

Jonathan in 2015 and Atiku in 2019. How does that concern the topic?
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

A classic example of someone who doesn't read before commenting.

The north east has a significant Christian population but their votes will be divided between Peter and Atiku. APC gets her minimum 25% and gets out.

Peter Obi has SE, SS, North Central and kwankwanso has come out to deny endorsing tinubu, find something else to say

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The 2023 election is about religion, even all Churches are campaigning for Peter Obi, even if tinubu win sw, it won't be enough. There are enough Christains in SE, SS and North to vote Peter Obi

Those are people that have historically and consistently voted for the PDP in previous elections. In the north east (where Christians have experienced fewer attacks than their brethren in the middle belt), some will vote for Peter Obi. But these are votes that will be shared between Peter and Atiku, no ifs or buts. You are not getting fresh voters. If you want fresh voters, go to the north west.

Also, Peter Obi cannot become president just by the votes from the SE and SS. How many times should that be drummed into you people's heads? Huh? How many times?!
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Obidient4life3: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
You are an Idiot
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Peter Obi has SE, SS, North Central and kwankwanso has come out to deny endorsing tinubu, find something else to say

Where did I say that he endorsed Tinubu?

You people will keep writing IELTS for years to come o!

"He sees nothing wrong with the choice made by Bola Tinubu. Which means he will likely step down for Tinubu few weeks to the election if push comes to shove."

How does that mean he endorsed Tinubu? undecided
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
Gerrard59:

Where did I say that he endorsed Tinubu?

You people will keep writing IELTS for years to come o!

"He sees nothing wrong with the choice made by Bola Tinubu. Which means he will likely step down for Tinubu few weeks to the election if push comes to shove."

How does that mean he endorsed Tinubu? undecided
You are fooling yourself, kwankwanso has come out to deny he said he will step down for tinubu, if it's that you are hoping on, you don't know Northerners.Why do you still keep talking about him stepping down when he has denied he said it.Are you okay?
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
Businessman1986:

Be mindful sir.

Don't mind him. He's trying to hide the fact that he is a PDP member but its obvious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day / See What Happens When Service Chiefs See Buhari (pic) - Cramjones / Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.