Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 (4190 Views)

Tinubu Planted Alpha Beta Fronts Oyetola & Wale Edun In Key Government Positions / Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove / Orji Kalu Hosts 8 Ambassadors, Top Government Officials, Others At His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Don't mind the hypocrites and liars. They think Muslims are fools and call them headslammers. Christians are minority in the North but occupy some of the highest positions within State government even up to Governor, as in the case of Patrick Yakowa, former Governor Kaduna who was a Christian.

But no igbo Muslim has ever held any such positions in the Southeast, not even local government chairman. Nigeria Muslims better wake up and defend their religion. Vote for Tinubu/ Shettima 2023. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

This Igbo Christian is voting for Tinubu.
hahahaah una mumu never do??i have never seeing an Igbo Muslim in 26yrs of my life... I keep hearing Igbo Muslim abeg where Dem dey...no be only Igbo Muslim na Igbo hindu

3 Likes

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Naajjii: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Marginalization is even one of the mildest ways to put it. In reality, it is flat out oppression Pro Max. My people hate Igbo Muslims more than the other Muslims. They see them as a waste of space that shouldn't exist in Igbo land!
Imagine hating your brothers and sisters that are Muslims more than other Muslims.

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Mosesvic11(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
In the Southeast, there has never been any
- Muslim Governor *NEVER
- Muslim deputy Governor *NEVER
- Muslim Speaker of house of Reps *NEVER
- Muslim Deputy Speaker *NEVER
- Muslim Attorney General *NEVER
- Muslim Commissioner *NEVER
- Muslim Local government chairman *NEVER

since 1999 when democracy started till today.

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,
Igbo Christian man from Nnewi, Anambra!
your tears is delicious, keep crying

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Marginalization is even one of the mildest ways to put it. In reality, it is flat out oppression Pro Max. My people hate Igbo Muslims more than the other Muslims. They see them as a waste of space that shouldn't exist in Igbo land!
we care less of ur religion in South East,tell ur self acclaim Igbo Muslim to know their boundaries cos once we sense any sign of jihads in our land.hmmm..they should kiss the planet Earth goodbye...

2 Likes

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Alusiizizi(m): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,

Joe Yorubakwe why are you posting on Nairaland when you should be out there cleaning gutters and latrines in Lagos?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

How many Christians in the North as compared with Muslims. Yet in the north you have some Christians holding elective offices.
There are no Muslim office holders in the south-east! Such hypocrisy.

I am from the NE,which is dynamic like the SW. There are large number of Christians in Borno South,Gombe South,Adamawa and Bauchi mostly in Tafawa Balewa and Das.
But,In the NW where Muslims are over 90%,tell me one state apart from Kaduna where there are large Christian population,where a Christian has been given political office? From Sokoto,to Zamfara to Kebbi,Katsina and Kano?
That is why Christians don't complain about the issue in this areas because they are majority,so it wouldn't make sense.
NB:Nassarawa state is over 80% Christians (Gbagyi,Mada,Eggon etc) and all the governors that have ruled are Hausa or Fulani and two of their Senators too are Muslims yet the people are not bringing down the sky.
The only Christian that became Gov.in KD was murdered,or you people think we have all of a sudden forgotten?

FYI the major reason GEJ was hated by the North was not beacause he was not leading well,but because the Northern elites told their illiterate dumb supporters that they should not let an infidel(ARNE) to never lead them.

If it where to be fair after OBJ,was Musa YAr'adua,after him was GEJ,after him is PMB,so after him should be who?
A Christian from the South.....but,even though Muslims know this they still want to rule after PMB,is that not myopic.

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Prosper123: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
Naajjii:

It's not about winning elections, it's about the abvious marginalization of the 0.005 Igbo Muslims. You people are oppressing them because you have advantage over them but the same you people always crying at the national level of marginalization by the north.
the truth is that many of us have never seen an indigenous Muslims face to face. Ask people in the south East. 99% are Christians

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by KingofAnambra: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
gozie112:
we care less of ur religion in South East,tell ur self acclaim Igbo Muslim to know their boundaries cos once we sense any sign of jihads in our land.hmmm..they should kiss the planet Earth goodbye...
Igbo Muslims, take note. Your existence is at risk by our fellow Igbo Catholic Mary-statue bowing idol worshippers.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by KingofAnambra: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
Naajjii:

Imagine hating your brothers and sisters that are Muslims more than other Muslims.
Igbo Catholics? It's like you don't know them. That is their way, pure unadulterated raw hatred. See the comment from one of them:

gozie112:
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by paramakina202: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
[s]
KingofAnambra:
- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Sincerely,
[/s]

What concerns Igbo with Tinubu's greedy decision to sideline and relegate Northern Christians in his moslim moslim ticket?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

I am from the NE,which is dynamic like the SW. There are large number of Christians in Borno South,Gombe South,Adamawa and Bauchi mostly in Tafawa Balewa and Das.
But,In the NW where Muslims are over 90%,tell me one state apart from Kaduna where there are large Christian population,where a Christian has been given political office? From Sokoto,to Zamfara to Kebbi,Katsina and Kano?
That is why Christians don't complain about the issue in this areas because they are majority,so it wouldn't make sense.
NB:Nassarawa state is over 80% Christians (Gbagyi,Mada,Eggon etc) and all the governors that have ruled are Hausa or Fulani and two of their Senators too are Muslims yet the people are not bringing down the sky.
The only Christian that became Gov.in KD was murdered,or you people think we have all of a sudden forgotten?

FYI the major reason GEJ was hated by the North was not beacause he was not leading well,but because the Northern elites told their illiterate dumb supporters that they should not let an infidel(ARNE) to never lead them.

If it where to be fair after OBJ,was Musa YAr'adua,after him was GEJ,after him is PMB,so after him should be who?
A Christian from the South.....but,even though Muslims know this they still want to rule after PMB,is that not myopic.

We are looking for a president, a political leader not religious leaders. Whether one is Muslim or Christian to me is irrelevant. Can you lead and perform according to your oath of office and your manifesto, if the answer is yes then everything other thing irrelevant.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

We are looking for a president, a political leader not religious leaders. Whether one is Muslim or Christian to me is irrelevant. Can you lead and perform according to your oat of office and your manifesto, if the answer is yes then everything other thing irrelevant.

Would Muslims say the same if we where talking about a Christian?

FYI.. Christians never used to be bothered about the person's religion before recent developments.
Buhari number one and northern Muslims brought hateful religious politics into the polity.

So now we too don't care about competence,we care about tribe and religion. May be by doing so it will send a message to Muslims about the consequences of the actions.

What goes around comes around.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Igbo Catholics? It's like you don't know them. That is their way, pure unadulterated raw hatred. See the comment from one of them:

nobody is hating on any Igbo Muslim because there is nothing like Igbo Muslim..all we is 97%Christian, 1% Jews and 1% traditionalist ...no room for terrorist religion in my region

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

Would Muslims say the same if we where talking about a Christian?

FYI.. Christians never used to be bothered about the person's religion before recent developments.
Buhari number one and northern Muslims brought hateful religious politics into the polity.

So now we too don't care about competence,we care about tribe and religion. May be by doing so it will send a message to Muslims about the consequences of the actions.

What goes around comes around.

What are the Muslims is the south east saying, because they have never held any elective office since 1999, not even as a local government chairman.
If we must elect religious leaders we must accommodate every religion in your state.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
gozie112:
nobody is hating on any Igbo Muslim because there is nothing like Igbo Muslim..all we is 97%Christian, 1% Jews and 1% traditionalist ...no room for terrorist religion in my region

One percent is enough if you must elect religious leaders. Ahmadioha worshippers are also waiting in the wings to claim their rights.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by KingofAnambra: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
gozie112:
This is exactly the way Peter Obi is, very tribalistic and religiously intolerant. That's the bond that joins all IPOB terrorists together.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

What are the Muslims is the south east saying, because they have never held any elective office since 1999, not even as a local government chairman.
If we must elect religious leaders we must accommodate every religion in your state.

FYI..I am from the North.

What are the Christians in NW saying, because they have never held any political or elective office.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Amumaigwe: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Sincerely,

There is nothing like Igbo Muslim. All those money-induced convert are not living in igbo land. You can find them in Kano and Sokoto. Know that and know peace.

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

FYI..I am from the North.

What are the Christians in NW saying, because they have never held any political or elective office.

Your faith is irrelevant when you are electing a leader in a secular society which I still believe Nigeria is.
The question of your faith shouldn't even come up. Do you know there are millions of Nigerians who are neither Christian nor Muslim?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by MalcoImX: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
Reasonable4me:

Bro I don't mean to trade words but to be honest the about less than fifty supposed Igbo Muslims I've read or heard of are all here on nairaland.

If you know anyone that has contested In The past please present the poster which he contested in
Why should you wait for them to come and contest, go find them as you're insisting APC must find a Christian VP.

Just go and find them!!
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by MalcoImX: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

Wrong assertion!!

If the elites told the masses in the North that they shouldn't allow a Christian GEJ to lead them, where is the same accusation for Obasanjo? Or, is he not a Christian?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

Your faith is irrelevant when you are electing a leader in a secular society which I still believe Nigeria is.
The question of your faith shouldn't even come up. Do you know there are millions of Nigerians who are neither Christian nor Muslim?

That ideology does not fly now.

FYI...I have no issues with a traditionalist,a Hindu or Buddhist.
Many of our leaders belong to one organization or the other and that's no issue..But,
When it comes to electing a Muslim leader....I am not only careful,I am wary. Chances we have taken cannot be repeated especially with Extremists.

Once again,will the statement "Religion does not matter" make sense to a Muslim if the candidate was a Christian?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
MalcoImX:
Wrong assertion!!

If the elites told the masses in the North that they shouldn't allow a Christian GEJ to lead them, where is the same accusation for Obaeanjo? Or, is he not a Christian?

Petty question.....
Don't deviate,stay on the line.

For long the patience and enduance has elapsed,we can neither be coarsed nor cajoled,we have learnt our lesson.
Religious politics started from the North, Buhari to be precise..
During the 2011 elections,I was in the NE and what they where told and believed is something you would close your ears if I say.
You won't want me going there.
For peace to reign,soonest Christians and Muslims would have to go separate ways..

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

That ideology does not fly now.

FYI...I have no issues with a traditionalist,a Hindu or Buddhist.
Many of our leaders belong to one organization or the other and that's no issue..But,
When it comes to electing a Muslim leader....I am not only careful,I am wary. Chances we have taken cannot be repeated especially with Extremists.

Once again,will the statement "Religion does not matter" make sense to a Muslim if the candidate was a Christian?

Of course you have every reason to be wary. But when you have a candidate like Tinubu whose wife is a Christian and who have a track record of not excluding anyone because of religion or ethnic affiliation, I think it dishonest to think he may have a secret agenda against Christians. I am a Christian by the way.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Myhusband(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mide1data:
Although am not into politics but you don't compare the two situation.

1. How many muslim contestants do we have in SE?

2. The exact reason why we can't go for Muslim-Muslim ticket is because of the Southerners which are majorly filled with christians. The north represent Muslims, The south represent christians.
If the south should represent Muslims then the North must represent christians or any other religion, be it Atheist or traditionalist.
3. Also don't compare a single region to an entire country. Easterners have one mentality, Nigerians have 4 mentality. majorly.

Don't quote me with insult, I won' reply.

Also b4 you start to call me IPOB, Am proudly YORUBA. OMOLUABI.

why do you igbo always say this, low self esteem or what?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by zaki2: 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
I don't understand how these Tinubu supporters always resort to pitching Igbos against others? This is the reason I fear greatly if Tinubu should win, because what these guys will do to Igbos will unimaginable. This political hate is something else.
The question the stupid OP should have asked is if any Igbo Muslim has ever contest for any elective post in the South East?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Didijiji: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
madridguy:
Then you have no moral right to condemn Jagaban and APC.

mumu…. Wake up

Tinubu can never rule the current United Nigeria with his Muslim Muslim demonic ticket. Well maybe he go be una president for northern Nigeria and SW
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

Of course you have every reason to be wary. But when you have a candidate like Tinubu whose wife is a Christian and who have a track record of not excluding anyone because of religion or ethnic affiliation, I think it dishonest to think he may have a secret agenda against Christians. I am a Christian by the way.

Yes I know,Femi Adesina even told us that Buhari's Cook and Driver are Christians.
What did that got to do with Christians?

Everyone has a choice ,and we have chosen where we stand.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by revolt(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Sincerely,
I know the 1st mayor of enugu was a Muslim. Pls Google
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

One percent is enough if you must elect religious leaders. Ahmadioha worshippers are also waiting in the wings to claim their rights.
we may likely consider the amadioha worshipers but say Nothing to Muslim terrorist in ala Igbo

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
This is exactly the way Peter Obi is, very tribalistic and religiously intolerant. That's the bond that joins all IPOB terrorists together.
kingofibadan I don hear u..we the real igbos say no to Muslim in Igbo land..no room for terrorist in our peaceful region..osun people in South West are clamoring for Sharia make una pay attention to them and leave our region alone..

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

Yes I know,Femi Adesina even told us that Buhari's Cook and Driver are Christians.
What did that got to do with Christians?

Everyone has a choice ,and we have chosen where we stand.

Your cook and drivers are basically the same as your wife?
I am a Christian and you call yourself a Christian what has your faith in christ have to do with mine? Will your faith get me to heaven when we know your own faith will not get your own family to heaven but only you.
What I know for sure is that Christian fanatics are just like Muslim fanatics, different religions but the same ideology of hate and intolerance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moment Peter Obi Raised The Nigerian Flag In Dunamis Church to Signify a New Nig / Biafran Fighters Threaten President Tinubu And Lagos State Governemnt / I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.