Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,244 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 (4184 Views)

Tinubu Planted Alpha Beta Fronts Oyetola & Wale Edun In Key Government Positions / Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove / Orji Kalu Hosts 8 Ambassadors, Top Government Officials, Others At His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Mosesvic11(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Igbo Muslims, take note. Your existence is at risk by our fellow Igbo Catholic Mary-statue bowing idol worshippers.
you must be a paid agent, if not tell me why this hates? Babachair lawal is he an igbo man? Or other people condemning APC choice are igbo man? As any christian rule in kastina , sokoto, Kano, kebbi, zamfara before? Stop the hate because good or bad you and I will not escape it. Preach love and togetherness instead, that is what we all need to grow.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Mosesvic11(m): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

We are looking for a president, a political leader not religious leaders. Whether one is Muslim or Christian to me is irrelevant. Can you lead and perform according to your oath of office and your manifesto, if the answer is yes then everything other thing irrelevant.
you are right but on a second thought, do you think same religion ticket is good for us at this time in our nation?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by OfoIgbo: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

How many Christians in the North as compared with Muslims. Yet in the north you have some Christians holding elective offices.
There are no Muslim office holders in the south-east! Such hypocrisy.

In some northern states, Christians are the clear majority. Infact, there are orders of magnitude, more Christians in the north than muslims in the south.
In Anambra state, I am pretty sure there will only be just tens of muslims who are indigenous to the state. The other muslims in the state will be foreigners. So you cannot expect Anambra to have a muslim deputy governor.

How many christian deputy governors have Kano ever produced since 1999.
How many Christian deputy governors have Katsina ever produced in spite of the fact that indigenous Christians make up more than 10% of the state?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by ElSudani: 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mosesvic11:
you are right but on a second thought, do you think same religion ticket is good for us at this time in our nation?

It has no bearing on good leadership. Go online and read about Maitatsine, Shagari was the president then, he did not hesitate to crush them. That is what leaders do, not cuddle criminals.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by MalcoImX: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

Petty question.....
Don't deviate,stay on the line.

For long the patience and enduance has elapsed,we can neither be coarsed nor cajoled,we have learnt our lesson.
Religious politics started from the North, Buhari to be precise..
During the 2011 elections,I was in the NE and what they where told and believed is something you would close your ears if I say.
You won't want me going there.
For peace to reign,soonest Christians and Muslims would have to go separate ways..
I think more from Jonathan than Buhari. Jonathan. It was who was pronouncing state policies from the churches he attends on Sundays. Pastor Oritsejafor, CAN president at the time was acting more like a government employee, culminating in his plane being caught with millions of dollars in South Africa trying to buy arms.

And if you're from the North at all, be reminded that you'll be treated the same way a Hausa man would when the time for the separation you're clamouring comes.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Mosesvic11(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Don't mind the hypocrites and liars. They think Muslims are fools and call them headslammers. Christians are minority in the North but occupy some of the highest positions within State government even up to Governor, as in the case of Patrick Yakowa, former Governor Kaduna who was a Christian.

But no igbo Muslim has ever held any such positions in the Southeast, not even local government chairman. Nigeria Muslims better wake up and defend their religion. Vote for Tinubu/ Shettima 2023. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

This Igbo Christian is voting for Tinubu.
aside kaduna please give us another name of a state in the north west, kaduna have much population of christian there. Shame on you all agent of destroyers
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
MalcoImX:
I think more from Jonathan than Buhari. Jonathan. It was who was pronouncing state policies from the churches he attends on Sundays. Pastor Oritsejafor, CAN president at the time was acting more like a government employee, culminating in his plane being caught with millions of dollars in South Africa trying to buy arms.

And if you're from the North at all, be reminded that you'll be treated the same way a Hausa man would when the time for the separation you're clamouring comes.

Are you talking about the Buhari who told a crowd of supporters in 2002 at Kaduna that "a true Muslim will vote for a Muslim".
Or,the baboon and the dog will soak in blood" statement,or "we will make the government ungovernable" or an attack on B/H is an attack on the North".
Or the one that has an Extremist Sheik who supports a world known terrorist organization as a Minister in the cabinet?

I can't be treated like the Hausa Man,I have rejected the Caliphate both in Body, Spirit and Soul.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

Your cook and drivers are basically the same as your wife?
I am a Christian and you call yourself a Christian what has your faith in christ have to do with mine? Will your faith get me to heaven when we know your own faith will not get your own family to heaven but only you.
What I know for sure is that Christian fanatics are just like Muslim fanatics, different religions but the same ideology of hate and intolerance.

The tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Reasonable4me: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
MalcoImX:
Why should you wait for them to come and contest, go find them as you're insisting APC must find a Christian VP.

Just go and find them!!

It's not my making that we're overwhelmingly christians. I care less one bit about APC
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Yorobastard(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
Cry all you want

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Yorobastard(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Don't mind the hypocrites and liars. They think Muslims are fools and call them headslammers. Christians are minority in the North but occupy some of the highest positions within State government even up to Governor, as in the case of Patrick Yakowa, former Governor Kaduna who was a Christian.

But no igbo Muslim has ever held any such positions in the Southeast, not even local government chairman. Nigeria Muslims better wake up and defend their religion. Vote for Tinubu/ Shettima 2023. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

This Igbo Christian is voting for Tinubu.

Continue living your life an as imposter, it suites you sha. I am very intolerant to a foolish religion that kills for their foolish prophet who is a paedophile, may that religion burn in hell

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Yorobastard(m): 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
gozie112:
we care less of ur religion in South East,tell ur self acclaim Igbo Muslim to know their boundaries cos once we sense any sign of jihads in our land.hmmm..they should kiss the planet Earth goodbye...
We rather be traditionalist than be a religion of hate.....check what is happening in India today, only a few of them but they are already causing chaos in the land....ah God....if na me I will wipe them all out...children of Esau

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by KILLTHECOWS(f): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
tctrills:

SE is over 96%, Christain. We even have more traditionalists than Muslims. But Nigeria is not 96% Muslim so your argument makes no sense.
please help me tell the mumu that south east have no Muslim politician...

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yorobastard:

We rather be traditionalist than be a religion of hate.....check what is happening in India today, only a few of them but they are already causing chaos in the land....ah God....if na me I will wipe them all out...children of Esau
don't mind them...they are less than 10% of Indian population but they are causing chaos.God go punish them indeed

2 Likes

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by KingofAnambra: 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yorobastard:

Continue living your life an as imposter, it suites you sha. I am very intolerant to a foolish religion that kills for their foolish prophet who is a paedophile, may that religion burn in hell
Dear Nigerian Muslims can you see the kind of hatred Peter Obi and his supporters like this have for you? This is how Peter Obituary will run Nigeria with immeasurably hatred for all Muslims.

You can see for yourself how Igbo Catholics promoters of the pandora thief IPOB candidate Peter Obi are exposing themselves. That's why you should vote for Tinubu/ Shettima 2023
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by KingofAnambra: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
gozie112:
kingofibadan I don hear u..we the real igbos say no to Muslim in Igbo land..no room for terrorist in our peaceful region..osun people in South West are clamoring for Sharia make una pay attention to them and leave our region alone..
This is exactly what Peter Obituary thinks against Muslims. Their supporters are getting tired of pretending and gradually exposing themselves. Good news is Northern Muslims are taking note of it and Peter Obituary will be disgraced during elections with a terrible loss. He won't get up to 1000 votes in the North grin
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
gozie112:
kingofibadan I don hear u..we the real igbos say no to Muslim in Igbo land..no room for terrorist in our peaceful region..osun people in South West are clamoring for Sharia make una pay attention to them and leave our region alone..
allah akbar
Islam is spreading like wild fire in alaigbo starting from Enugu
Insha allah,before 2030 the population of Muslim by faith would have been 20million

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by FixxNigeria23: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
I don't hate Muslims and I know many Christians don't. I have a lot of them as friends. But we hate the ideas of Muslim/Muslim ticket in a heterogeneous nation as Nigeria where Christians form about half of the population. To add salt to injury, we are told that out of the millions of Christians in Nigeria and the North in particular, none is competent enough to become a vice president in the ruling APC! Talking about Muslims from the Southeast, I am almost 50 years and I have NEVER seen any indigenous Muslim in the Southeast. If there are, they can't be up to 1000 out of the about 40 million (whether homebased or in the diasapora). That should be less than 0.001% of the population. That is not the same as Kaduna, Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe, Taraba, Nasarawa, Niger, Kwara or even Borno States where there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of indigenes. And by the way, it is the Nigerian Christian community that was insulted as not being competent enough to produce president or vice under the ruling APC. So it is not about the Southeast. The general expectations was that the ruling party would choose a Christian running mate from the North not someone from the Southeast since the presidential candidate is already a southerner. Christian politicians from the North, Southeast and Southsouth have so far resigned from the APC due to this insulting decision by senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a Muslim to choose a fellow Muslim running mate for the 2023 presidential election. Even the Yoruba Christians are not happy about it. So I don't understand this mischievous attempt at making it look like a Nigerian Muslims versus Southeast matter. This dangerous propaganda of pitching the Southeast against others is dead on arrival. The Muslims know who their real enemies are. The politicians and their lackeys who want to make nice and accommodating Muslims look like greedy, insensitive people without conscience are their real enemies. Thank you.

You lack knowledge a lot more of Igbo Muslims don't normally invest in Igbo land due to marginalization from the Christians, Igbo Muslims are very much, goverment of eastern region wickedly don't want to recognize them in terms of political appointment and rest!

Let me tell you, you have actually met so many of them but due to introduction is the reasons you want know if he/she is a Muslims.. they have been marginalized and that's why a lot of them are taking cover in the north
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Mide1data: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
Myhusband:
[/b]

why do you igbo always say this, low self esteem or what?

If you like call me hausa, it doesn't change the fact that I'am a yoruba boy from ogun living in IB in New Garage.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Myhusband(m): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mide1data:

If you like call me hausa, it doesn't change the fact that I'am a yoruba boy from ogun living in IB in New Garage.

be deceiving yourself, Yoruba from Ogun ko, igbo from makurdi ni

because you're born and brought up in Yoruba land doesn't make yoruba, be proud of your ancestral land, stop behaving like your coward you called heroes ojukwu and mnk
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by wiseoneking: 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
In the Southeast, there has never been any
- Muslim Governor *NEVER
- Muslim deputy Governor *NEVER
- Muslim Speaker of house of Reps *NEVER
- Muslim Deputy Speaker *NEVER
- Muslim Attorney General *NEVER
- Muslim Commissioner *NEVER
- Muslim Local government chairman *NEVER

since 1999 when democracy started till today.

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,
Igbo Christian man from Nnewi, Anambra!
You can't manufacture or forced Igbo Christians to be converted to Islam in other to be given appointment. All this empty noise about Igbo Muslim, I bet we don't have upto 2 thousand Igbo Muslim in Nigeria and in the world beyond. Afikpo in Ebonyi state where you still have the largest of them is not even upto 200 and parts of Nsukka as a result of their relationship with igalas neighbors .

There are actually more Igbo Jews are the third largest and probably growing religion in the east. First, you should talk about Igbo Jews before any Muslim. Most Igbo that are Muslim are illiterate like their Nothern counterpart, and most of their kids are never converted along with them.

Alhaji Onyema who was the most prominent igbo man died but his children are all Christians. Funnily many of them that died are denied Muslim rites burials by their living children.

I challenge you to show me one single ANAMBRA Muslim.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Mide1data: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
Myhusband:

be deceiving yourself, Yoruba from Ogun ko, igbo from makurdi ni

because you're born and brought up in Yoruba land doesn't make yoruba, be proud of your ancestral land, stop behaving like your coward you called heroes ojukwu and mnk

Whatever you say though. Not like you no me from anywhere so feel free.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by tctrills: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
KILLTHECOWS:
please help me tell the mumu that south east have no Muslim politician...
Name the one you know.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
This is exactly what Peter Obituary thinks against Muslims. Their supporters are getting tired of pretending and gradually exposing themselves. Good news is Northern Muslims are taking note of it and Peter Obituary will be disgraced during elections with a terrible loss. He won't get up to 1000 votes in the North grin
who cares.na them go still suffer from Boko Haram, bandit and iswarp,.wetin concern a prosperous region concern who rule Nigeria
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by gozie112(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
akinremiayomide:
allah akbar
Islam is spreading like wild fire in alaigbo starting from Enugu
Insha allah,before 2030 the population of Muslim by faith would have been 20million
na only una Know where Igbo Muslim dey for east,no Muslim in ala Igbo deal with it

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by MalcoImX: 12:26am On Jul 14, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

Are you talking about the Buhari who told a crowd of supporters in 2002 at Kaduna that "a true Muslim will vote for a Muslim".
Or,the baboon and the dog will soak in blood" statement,or "we will make the government ungovernable" or an attack on B/H is an attack on the North".
Or the one that has an Extremist Sheik who supports a world known terrorist organization as a Minister in the cabinet?

I can't be treated like the Hausa Man,I have rejected the Caliphate both in Body, Spirit and Soul.
Pls I don't like engaging in unsubstantiated statements.

You are wrong on the statements you attributed to Buhari. If you can't back up or know the meanings of what you're saying, let's not even go there.

And what I mean by you'd be treated as Hausa is, when ethnic problems arise, like if iPoB are looking for northerners, they wouldn't care that you call yourself a northern Christian. Whatever befalls a Hausa man would be applied to you.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Wintertime: 2:13am On Jul 14, 2022
gozie112:
na only una Know where Igbo Muslim dey for east,no Muslim in ala Igbo deal with it

Let us start clamouring for separation of this contraption....

Before we they force their religion on us

Let's heightened the clamour for separation

2 Likes

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by 9jakool: 3:54am On Jul 14, 2022
KingofAnambra:
In the Southeast, there has never been any
- Muslim Governor *NEVER
- Muslim deputy Governor *NEVER
- Muslim Speaker of house of Reps *NEVER
- Muslim Deputy Speaker *NEVER
- Muslim Attorney General *NEVER
- Muslim Commissioner *NEVER
- Muslim Local government chairman *NEVER

since 1999 when democracy started till today.

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,
Igbo Christian man from Nnewi, Anambra!
While I cannot speak to the treatment of Igbo muslims in the SE, it's not a fair comparison to compare the North to the SE as the North is not nearly as religiously homogenous as the SE. Muslims make up less than 1% in the SE while both NE and NW have sizable christian population.

Kaduna is a terrible example to make your case as a "core muslim" state, because Kaduna has at least 40% Christian population, so Kaduna having Christian representation is not out of the ordinary and completely in line giving its demographics breakdown. Also, not too long ago the christians of that state were complaining about the muslim/muslim ticket of the governor/deputy governor. There was also concerns about it would be a continuation of the neglectful response to the Southern kaduna herdsmen crisis.

Lastly, I also used to think zoning along regional/ethnic/religious line was not as relevant as long as the person running is qualified and has good ideas. I'm now realizing that this notion is not in line with reality giving the parameters of the Nigerian state. Buhari is a good case study because of his terrible handling of the Fulani headsmen crisis, his indifference to End SARS tragedy, amnesty and sympathy to Boko haram members, and the sidelining of his VP as he surrounds himself with his Northern buddies.

I would like to get to a point where religion and tribe would not matter as much in electing a candidate, but Nigeria is nowhere there yet. In the end there will always be tribalism and biases that would cloud the judgement of elected politicians.

1 Like

Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2022
MalcoImX:
Pls I don't like engaging in unsubstantiated statements.

You are wrong on the statements you attributed to Buhari. If you can't back up or know the meanings of what you're saying, let's not even go there.

And what I mean by you'd be treated as Hausa is, when ethnic problems arise, like if iPoB are looking for northerners, they wouldn't care that you call yourself a northern Christian. Whatever befalls a Hausa man would be applied to you.

There are proofs,it is a fact it is not a fallacy.

And also when I'm on the other side.....I will be treated as a Christian and not a Northerner.
Or you don't know?
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by Ikpaitid: 7:58am On Jul 14, 2022
Don't mind IPOB,if they don't like Muslim/Muslim they can drink Sniper.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by MalcoImX: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

There are proofs,it is a fact it is not a fallacy.

And also when I'm on the other side.....I will be treated as a Christian and not a Northerner.
Or you don't know?

Okay oo! Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

That's if you know what I am talking about.
Re: List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 by BobbyZrealist(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
MalcoImX:

Okay oo! Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

That's if you know what I am talking about.

What I mean is that when I'm in the North,they see me as a Christian not from the the North...and when I am in the East they see me as Hausa and not a Christian.
That is the Nigeria I live today. No one sees me as a Nigerian first.

If history should repeat itself.....there may not be a country again.
So I pray history does not repeat itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Anyone Remember This Pic of Doyin Okupe? / Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This / Eze Ndigbo Title: Ohazulike Appeals For Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.