Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,071 members, 7,953,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking (35643 Views)

Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking / Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads / Dangote Now 64th Richest Person In The World - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Ayt27(m): 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
dopedan:
Somebody that doesn’t believe in God is the richest man in the world
Makes me wonder where my prayers are going to?
Somebody should answer me
I rather not think too much

True he isn't but when life hits one, onr will face the higher power one has always denied for you it could be a promotion at work or admission in to uni for a tech billionaire it could be launching his rocket to space.

After 2 or 3 failed launch

"Musk said, “[…] Now, I am not a religious person but I, nonetheless, got on my knees and prayed for this mission,” he shared, adding that he was unable to sleep the day prior. Upon mission success, he was relieved that all went well and that Behnken"

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/pray

There are somethings money CANNOT buy

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
NwaNimo1:
I'm 101,,,,,,

[img]https://giffiles./216/216346.gif[/img]

...I just missed the 'cut off'

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by AlwaySpeakTruth: 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
rich from. government favoritism

Na so. All the lootings under how many governments where are the industries built by those people? Dem go steal money go build mansion for village. Build houses to rent in towns and cities that don’t belong to them Enter computer village and Alaba market and carry drugs and traffick children and women.and they wonder why them no dey Forbes.

Dangote invests in working infrastructure why won’t he be the richest? Props to him I tap into his blessing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Runningwater(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chai the power of US Dollar!!!
About half if not more than the 100th billionaires in the world are US citizens.

But if it's here we'll all be criticizing our government for favouring people like dangote with good policies while the US government are doing it well for their citizens businesses to put them above in the world through soft loan, debt bailout, good infrastructures among others.

We're just not so good at team work in Nigeria. sad

If Nigerians read enough they'll find out some of US government's big projects are awarded to those US billionaires companies to keep thier company afloat and to dominate the world through products and services

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Freksy(m): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by GeneralPula: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

One family has 3 billionaires shocked shocked
If you marry daughter from Walton Family

Your ancestors will rise up from the grave
Buy expensive dry gin, kolanut with one cow as Congratulations gift for you.

They own Walmart..

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Positivepoint(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Amotekun777:
Meanwhile Dangote is on the list as a result of poor governance, severely corrupt governance / favoritism from the FG of the most populous nation in Africa granting him monopolies on all fronts. Where's the business acumen in that? You wonder why Dangote left the Flour industry... He simply can't compete. undecided

If every Nigerian through coercion forcefully donates N1 each to me, I'll boast of ~N200M which probably makes me rich from a 9ja standpoint. Does that mean I'm a business guru?
No. angry

Fool he sold the flour business to raise cash for his petrochemical company.

He identify tha next level opportunity In Nigeria is oil refining due our large population, rising GDP due to manufacturing & agriculture also FG lack of will to make our refineries work. He has a great understanding that energy business will still be thecorner stone of development across the world in the foreseeable future.

It's out of strategy not fear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by RaptorX: 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
New007:
e go shock you. Undeclared assets? Common man.
Name one Nigerian politician that you think is worth $15 billion ( 9 trillion #)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Positivepoint(m): 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
Youngwiz71:
Na so Zuckerberg don drop

Dude use to be around 5-6-7 before

Facebook not the only social media, raise of TikTok etc depleted add revenue and it's projected to decline.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by RaptorX: 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
Federalis:

They never said he was looking for $44 billion, but he only pulled out since they couldn't prove to him the amount of bot the site has.
Of course at the initial stage he was looking for $44 billion and he even sold his Tesla shares before he changed his mind. Do you know how many banks are mad at him for calling off the deal because of the hundreds of millions in commission they would have gotten for helping him raise the funds

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Golan007: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Someone that can't compete has several cement plants across African countries. So how does he keep the business running in countries like Ethiopia, South Africa, Tanzania, without the Nigerian Government?
Also the kind of projects Dangote undertakes and how massive they are shows that he is no small thinker.

When he starts producing petrol, the same idiots would be calling it monopoly.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by int0x80(m): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
God bless United States of America!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Savagr(m): 12:27am On Jul 14, 2022
int0x80:
God bless United States of America!
God's own Land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by nkem1992: 12:39am On Jul 14, 2022
GeneralDae:

So why others nor fit use their monopoly enter there?
Una fit kee person with laugh for nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Lightorder: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
don’t mind the him . My heart was broken some weeks ago when a front line bread maker in Nigeria was interviewed and he made the revelations that dangote happens to be the only one authorized to import sugar. Other names where mentioned to the man but he said those ones are still under dangote. No one else . He is 63rd my foot.

Mumu and follow follow Nigerians are waiting for his Federal government power refinery to start operations. My question remains, “ what is the price of his cement “ ?
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by kay29000(m): 12:50am On Jul 14, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

grin
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by kay29000(m): 1:02am On Jul 14, 2022
BlessedSpirit:

They are 4...check the 64th richest

True.

I wonder why that one has a low netwoth compared to the three that are back to back.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by GeneralDae: 5:14am On Jul 14, 2022
Federalis:
What me I don't understand is, why is he looking for money to complete his refinery, when he is worth that much (20.2 billion dollars)?
He is worth 20.2 Billion dollars means all his assets and businesses everywhere are worth 20.2 Billion dollars. They are not talking about paper money in their bank accounts. They are measuring the worth of what they have all established. That is how wealth is calculated not paper money.
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by crestedaguiyi: 5:56am On Jul 14, 2022
HilcomTech:

Mkporu mirri CANNIBALS will always hate and envy successful people.

You hate Dangote,
You hate Tinubu
You hate Micheal Adenuga

The more you CANNIBALS hate others the more they keep on being successful.

Sense fall on you .

Adenuga and Tinubu are not monopolistic , I don't have anything to do with them.

To seem not to know what is happening to his competitors , ozuor
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by rolams(m): 6:01am On Jul 14, 2022
If not for the fall in Naira, Dangote would be in top 10 by now.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by saxby(f): 6:10am On Jul 14, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Hi dear
hello

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Richie8701(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2022
This thing that Nigeria has the richest person in Africa must stop we have Elon musk... Viva South Africa viva, we even have more millionaires and billionaires than the whole of Africa come on man. The thing about South Africans is that even if we don't show off like Nigerians or other Africans when we have money it's just the way a lot of us grew up we don't believe in showing off but don't deceive yourself the money is there

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by ArewaNorth: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2022
Ballzproblemm:

DANGOTE'S GREAT GRAND FATHER DEPOSITED 20 CAMELS OF SILVER COINS IN FIRST BANK IN 1929
Old Receipt Reveals Dangote's Great Grandfather as One of the First Nigerians to Deposit Money in a Bank

- Dangote's grandfather was one of the very first Nigerians to use a bank, according to an emerging old receipt

- Alhaji Alhassan Dantata opened an account and made a deposit in Kano state.

- His deposits were said to have been carried by camels.

The great grandfather of Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, was one of the first persons in the country to transact with a bank when they were established.

According to an old receipt shared on Twitter by Nigeria Stories, the businessman had made a deposit when the Bank of British (now First Bank) opened a branch in Kano state in 1929.
Dangote's grand father was the first person to open a bank account and make a deposit in Kano Photo Credit: @NigeriaStories
Alhaji Alhassan Dantata showcased great wealth even in the manner of his deposit at that time.
He deposited 20 camel loads of silver coins.

https://www.legit.ng/1416294-old-receipt-reveals-dangotes-grand-father-one-first-nigerians-deposit-money-a-bank.html

Somebody from this family can't in anyway be accused of Govt favour when their Family was richest before even the creation of Nigeria by whites. Africa has never in the past 2 centuries seen a wealthy family like Dangote's family.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by New007: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2022
RaptorX:
Name one Nigerian politician that you think is worth $15 billion ( 9 trillion #)
Bobo Chicago
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Bamzyriches451: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2022
Damn!!
He's the only African?
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by GeneralDae: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2022
Richie8701:
This thing that Nigeria has the richest person in Africa must stop we have Elon musk... Viva South Africa viva, we even have more millionaires and billionaires than the whole of Africa come on man. The thing about South Africans is that even if we don't show off like Nigerians or other Africans when we have money it's just the way a lot of us grew up we don't believe in showing off but don't deceive yourself the money is there
Forbes is not about showing off. Dangote didn't come out to say he is the richest person in Africa. Forbes did that for him. Also, Elon Musk didn't make his money in South Africa. We are talking about people who are from Africa and made their money in Africa.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by GeneralDae: 7:53am On Jul 14, 2022
New007:
Bobo Chicago
It doesn't work that way. Name one investment of Bobo Chicago that is worth more than Dangote fertiliser. Wealth is not about what you have in your bank account but the worth of your assets or investments.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by BeanmanX(m): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2022
And Nigeria is still a shithole
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Fearyourcreator: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:

Yes, although reinvestment, expansion, failed investments, and poor government policies contributed a lot to it.
Man is a great mentor
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by TheAlchemist: 8:35am On Jul 14, 2022
I truly sympathize with Dangote for being on this list, in a country saddled with infrastructural deficits.
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by Kellie069(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

There is Lucas Walton also! After dangote
Re: Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking by CuteEmma(f): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2022
seyicodes:
It will all remain on earth �.
What is your is what you have eaten. They are all temporary owner of those money and properties. Once dem die like this, the ownership is transferred. What we will all take with us is our deeds. Let's Fear God in all our doing.
Deeds - Money can do a lot of good things, on the other hand, poverty can’t do anything..
Poor people shouldn’t have to enter heaven, they don’t do good deeds. Hatred, hypocrisy, sadness, anger and envy is all in their heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign / Mohammed Indimi Delivers Speech At Harvard University; Has No Formal Education / What Business Can You Do With ₦400k In Nigeria Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.