Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

It Is Easy To Be Born Again. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Easy To Be Born Again. (691 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by infini771: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But the problem is it isn't by mouth that you confess Jesus Christ. If you read the Gospel you would understand that Jesus Christ instead meant that you do so by your deeds... obedience of His teachings(and commandments). undecided
We are supposed to DO the will of God and not just obey
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by infini771: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Wilgrea7:

That doesn't really relate to whether or not God exists
God is spirit. So, you have to believe wholeheartedly that he exists before he reveals himself to you.
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Wilgrea7(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
infini771:
God is spirit. So, you have to believe wholeheartedly that he exists before he reveals himself to you.

What exactly do you mean by spirit?

How can I believe in something when i don't know what it is, or whether or not it exists? Belief isn't a switch you just turn on and off.

What exactly is it that you want me to believe in?
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
infini771:

We are supposed to DO the will of God and not just obey
But to Obey means to do that which is instructed of one and the Will of God is Jesus Christ refers to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ? undecided

Jesus Christ said we are to trust in and obey His teachings and commandments for that is how we show that we love Him. Those who do not trust and obey Him ofcourse do not love Him. undecided
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by LordReed(m): 8:47am On Jul 14, 2022
infini771:

Romance

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by infini771: 9:08am On Jul 14, 2022
Wilgrea7:

What exactly do you mean by spirit?

How can I believe in something when i don't know what it is, or whether or not it exists? Belief isn't a switch you just turn on and off.

What exactly is it that you want me to believe in?
it transcends beyond what your human senses can grasp
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Wilgrea7(m): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2022
infini771:
it transcends beyond what your human senses can grasp

If the existence of a God transcends human understanding, then how and why am I expected to believe it?

If a God is truly beyond the human mental reach, then on what basis do the people who claim to know God, or know its will, and other related things make those claims?

If something as basic as the existence of a God is beyond human grasp, then how then am i supposed to accept that this thing which I can't understand will have an offspring who came to save me from something I can't see?

Why am i expected to be punished if i don't believe in something which is clearly beyond my mental capacity (in the case of Christianity)
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by infini771: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2022
Wilgrea7:

If the existence of a God transcends human understanding, then how and why am I expected to believe it?

If a God is truly beyond the human mental reach, then on what basis do the people who claim to know God, or know its will, and other related things make those claims?

If something as basic as the existence of a God is beyond human grasp, then how then am i supposed to accept that this thing which I can't understand will have an offspring who came to save me from something I can't see?

Why am i expected to be punished if i don't believe in something which is clearly beyond my mental capacity (in the case of Christianity)
Ignorance is not an excuse. You will not say no one preached the gospel to you on that day.
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Wilgrea7(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2022
infini771:

Ignorance is not an excuse. You will not say no one preached the gospel to you on that day.

Now you're jumping points. You've told me that the first point is beyond me. And without knowing the first point, i can't believe in the rest.

If i don't understand a god enough to believe in it, what makes you feel I'll believe in anything like the gospel or the last days, which depend on the existence of a god for their meaning?
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by infini771: 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Now you're jumping points. You've told me that the first point is beyond me. And without knowing the first point, i can't believe in the rest.

If i don't understand a god enough to believe in it, what makes you feel I'll believe in anything like the gospel or the last days, which depend on the existence of a god for their meaning?
it is not everything that exist that you can see. You do see the network with which browse the internet, wind, etc but they exist
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by xproducer: 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
infini771:
Follow these steps to be born again.

1. Believe that God exists.
2. Believe that Jesus is the son of God.
3. Believe that God sent him (Jesus) to die for your sins.
4. Now, confess him as your Lord and Savior.

Romans 10: 9-10

+++

The intent may be commendable, but it is good and important for us to share the truth / the gospel properly.

Only GOD can truly make a person born again by giving him/her eternal life in the spirit by the HOLY SPIRIT (John 3:5-7, Galatians 4:6) through the hearing of the word of GOD (Romans 10:17), according to HIS perfect will (Romans 9:15-16, Ephesians 1:11) Therefore, we would do well to cry out to GOD for HIS mercies because "The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy." - (Psalm 145:8 )

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." - John 1:12-13

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

To think that we can just unilaterally make a few statements and we are all set is not the gospel of the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST - as such would be our work, but salvation is by grace alone.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Wilgrea7(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
infini771:
it is not everything that exist that you can see. You do see the network with which browse the internet, wind, etc but they exist

Yes, this is a very good point. And it is something I've talked about in the past too. Our 5 senses (taste, touch, smell, sight, and hearing) are limited in perceiving the true nature of reality. Radio waves, UV rays, and the wind you listed, are examples of things we cannot see. But the reason we know they exist, is because we can measure their effect on the things we CAN see, or at least perceive with one of our other senses.

One issue with claims about the existence of a god, is that even the word "God" is not a clearly defined term. It means a lot of things to a lot of people. If by god, you mean an almighty creator, then how exactly can you measure its effect? How can we know that whatever we are observing, is indeed a god, and not another natural phenomenon, which we just can't fully perceive, but is nonetheless natural?

For example, you gave the instance of wind. We can't physically see it, but we can measure it's effect on a feather floating in the air. No one would say a wind IS God. How can we be sure that if we're measuring something, that that thing is indeed a god, and not another case of a natural unseen thing like "wind".
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
infini771:
Jesus died for your sins. Live for him
1. Jesus Christ died to provide you a path to redemption for your sins. He is not however a sin offering nor a sin eater. The onus is on you to, through obedience, be set free from slavery to sin and become transformed into a Son of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36 undecided
Re: It Is Easy To Be Born Again. by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
infini771:
And there is evidence of their existence at least for those who use them, right? The same exists for those who are of God. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Man Who Built The Largest Statue Of Jesus In The Whole World / Prayer Points To Prevail Over Forces & Controlling Power Of Darkness / Best Way To Celebrate Birthdays With Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.