Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,776 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG (10288 Views)

No Agreement With FG, Strike Not Ending Soon – ASUU, SSANU, NASU / ASUU Fresh Strike Threat Causing Panic, No Agreement Yet – FG / No Agreement Yet To Suspend Strike ― ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by kennyz247(m): 5:27am On Jul 14, 2022
another story,if angel Michael not fit fixed APC for life please let's vote this calamity out
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Lisastef: 5:32am On Jul 14, 2022
So after all these big big grammar no positive outcome? Mtcheeeeew!

2 Likes

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Flamethehussler: 5:37am On Jul 14, 2022
ASUU are full of foolish people
Since 2009 they have been striking yet no result and they think Striking is the only way
Both the FG and ASUU are all useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Shrimpss: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2022
Nigeria educational system is messed up
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 14, 2022
So if no agreement has been reached, what was the basis for Tinubu meeting with NANS and ASUU? was it for photo ops and the usual propaganda games?
Nigerians be wise ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by alphaRego01(m): 6:10am On Jul 14, 2022
Wrong timing for serious students.i jump And pass
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Jman06(m): 6:30am On Jul 14, 2022
Charleys:
I heard tinubu wants to meet ASUU.

ON WHAT GROUNDS?
As the minister of education or as the president?

Does he want to pay the amount that the FGcould not pay with his stolen funds?

Where was he all this while ever since this started.

Tinubu is one of the main reason we are having this strike today?
So you're happy that Nigerian students have been idling away at home since the past six months If meeting ASUU will bring an end to the strike, let him do abeg.

ASUU on their part should be reasonable. I don't know how those supposedly intellectuals think sometimes. How do they even want to be taken seriously by their peers on the international stage after being out of work for a whooping six months

1 Like

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by sinkhole: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2022
ASUU strike: When FG has no confidence in its renegotiation committees

The federal government inaugurated Prof. Munzali Jubrin's renegotiation committee in December 2020. The Committee did its job and the Report was submitted in May 2021. The report was left gathering dust at the ministry of education after submission. The government only remembers the report after ASUU declared a strike in February 2022, which was about 9 months later. They checked the report and were like, no the renegotiation must be renegotiated. They technically rejected what was negotiated on their behalf and the work done by those highly respected Nigerians ended in the Dustbin.

Then, the FG inaugurated Prof. Nimi Briggs' renegotiation committee in March 2022 to renegotiate the renegotiated report with ASUU. They got 3 months to do the job. ASUU initially resisted meeting the Briggs' committee with a stand that the renegotiation was already concluded with the Jubrin's committee. I remember Ngige telling NLC to call ASUU to order. The second renegotiation is concluded and the Report was submitted last month (June 2022).

Meanwhile, Ngige has been quiet but he came out today to reject what Prof. Nimi Briggs' committee has negotiated on the government's behalf. He said there is no agreement yet with ASUU-FG. He said all alone with the Prof Briggs' Committee, ASUU started fixing their salaries and allowances to the exclusion of the statutory government ministries and agencies that manage the entire annual finances of the government.

The FG doesn't trust the committee it set up to renegotiate. Most likely, the Briggs' committee report is also going to the dustbin.

The government never had the intention to renegotiate with ASUU. They were just buying time with the inauguration of different renegotiation committees. When the committee was set up, just like it happened in 2020, Ngige urged ASUU to call off the strike while renegotiation continues. He even asked NLC to call ASUU to order. He possibly thought ASUU is a union of dumb people. When ASUU did not pay attention to that, Ngige sent a memo to IPPIS to suspend the payment of the salaries of lecturers. The idea is to use hunger to force the suspension of the strike. That still didn't work. They are trying to use emotional blackmail.

The president's "enough is enough" speech in Daura is one of the emotional blackmails that did not work, unfortunately. And Ngige said there is no agreement with ASUU yet on a day that the strike is 5 months old. Mal Adamu Adamu, the education minister is quiet as usual. I was actually hoping the strike will end before the end of this month. But the words from the president and Ngige, the Labour minister, it appears the journey is still far.

Dear Nigerians, especially the students, Buhari is a Muslim and Ngige is a Christian but they don't care that university students have spent 5 months at home and still counting. As you fight over the religion of politicians, just know that irrespective of their religion, you are not their priority. They are just using you.

©Amoka

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by sinkhole: 6:52am On Jul 14, 2022
Jman06:
So you're happy that Nigerian students have been idling away at home since the past six months If meeting ASUU will bring an end to the strike, let him do abeg.

ASUU on their part should be reasonable. I don't know how those supposedly intellectuals think sometimes. How do they even want to be taken seriously by their peers on the international stage after being out of work for a whooping six months

They have never been out of work, as far as International peers are concerned: they have been publishing research work on daily basis during the strike and that is what matters to their international peers!

1 Like

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Wilson500: 6:55am On Jul 14, 2022
Nigerian students are not serious to go back to school
They are waiting for Jesus to come down and end the strike for them
Let them continue to eat "mummy thank you" at home while these wicked politicians keep wasting their future

Each man for himself undecided

2 Likes

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Honjoshy4u: 6:55am On Jul 14, 2022
Buhari and APC have failed God and humanity.
History will never be kind to them.
They should settle ASSU so that the great Students looking hopeless daily will have cause to smile
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by edungene7: 6:56am On Jul 14, 2022
When you run a system that borrows to pay salaries rather than borrowing to invest this is what you get the loop sided appointments of this administration has destroyed the entire system Buhari should finish what he had started if he can't negotiate with ordinary ASSU then how is he better than a road side woman selling Akara

1 Like

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Jman06(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2022
sinkhole:
They have never been out of work, as far as International peers are concerned: they have been publishing research work on daily basis during the strike and that is what matters to their international peers!
You and I know that is not true!

While a few might have published research papers conducted prior to the strike, the majority might not have even opened a book since the strike began, let alone doing research, especially when all the other unions are on strike too.
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by mrvictornews: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2022
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Tonyferrad(m): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2022

[/quote]Oga what are you saying?? Blame the government and not ASUU, how do you expect them to work without pay My sister is a lecturer and has not gotten a pay for months before the strike! How can they continue working when govt owe for months and end up paying 2months out of 9months whenever they pay..I am sure you sef can't continue working in that condition. You are telling someone that is not getting his or her money for months about international Stage ,quite funny
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by sinkhole: 7:15am On Jul 14, 2022
Jman06:
You and I know that is not true!

While a few might have published research papers conducted prior to the strike, the majority might not have even opened a book since the strike began, let alone doing research, especially when all the other unions are on strike too.
That is because you don't understand them, of course you are right that some of them will not open books, but most of them do not need the walls of university for their research, such as pure mathematical sciences, humanities and social sciences: they have never been using the University facilities (which actually does not exist) for their researches!
For a discerning and serious academician, this is a good time to make easy progress in their carrier, I will explain:
Assuming a lecturer needs three articles for promotion but because of administrative work and teaching, he/she has not been able to achieve such, now the strike is here and the person was able to write five articles then when strike is over such a person will be able to present him/herself for promotion, with ease, and even get almost set for the next level!
Mind you, lecturers are not promoted on the basis of how good they can teach or the number of students they graduated, but mainly on the basis of how many research articles they are able to publish.

3 Likes

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by abahochelucky(m): 7:43am On Jul 14, 2022
We are living in a country where the government doesn't care about its citizenry

Goddammit it's been 5 months and counting ���
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Prince111111: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2022
Charleys:

ON WHAT GROUNDS?

people like Tinubu must not be allowed into the mantle of the presidency. Super corrupt.
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Neddyogu(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2022
How can ASUU peg wage increase at between 109 and 185% increment and expect FG to take them seriously? They should have asked for the CBN too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by onuman: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2022
FOR THOSE CONTROLLING ASO ROCK, WESTERN EDUCATION IS HARAM.
How can there be any agreement.
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by AAA593: 9:07am On Jul 14, 2022
Neddyogu:
How can ASUU peg wage increase at between 109 and 185% increment and expect FG to take them seriously? They should have asked for the CBN too.
Why was the committee set up by FG in the first place?
Ngige said ASUU should renegotiate with Briggs Committee. Now he is complaining. How many committee will ASUU renegotiate with? Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by holubee21(m): 9:21am On Jul 14, 2022
Charleys:

I dey sure say you dey do backstrokes on your fuel swimming pool right now.
And some people are still daft upon all these empty promises, they are still celebrating APC up and down.. some still want to vote for Tinubu without benefiting from their administration....What language can we tell people to make them understand to let us wise up not to enter another one chance again

1 Like

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Neddyogu(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2022
AAA593:

Why was the committee set up by FG in the first place?
Ngige said ASUU should renegotiate with Briggs Committee. Now he is complaining. How many committee will ASUU renegotiate with? Nawa o

Does that mean ASUU cannot be reasonable? Pegging wage increase at 109-185%? If u were in Ngige's shoe, where would u start negotiations from? How can I insist on the exclusion of ministers of relevant ministries whom u need their buy-in for ur proposal to fly? All the university union leaders are not yet ready to reopen schools especially ASUU.

1 Like

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by kingmsookwagh(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2022
So what's in for the average NIGERIAN student sitting at home dumbly?

I just went through their demands and all I could see was ASUU fighting really hard to fatten their own pockets.

Nigerian student don suffer.

Las! Las! The solidarity will only favour these lecturers wey just feel like getting a fatter chunk of the National cake.

We go soon scatter and format this country very soon .

1 Share

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by AAA593: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2022
Neddyogu:

Does that mean ASUU cannot be reasonable? Pegging wage increase at 109-185%? If u were in Ngige's shoe, where would u start negotiations from? How can I insist on the exclusion of ministers of relevant ministries whom u need their buy-in for ur proposal to fly? All the university union leaders are not yet ready to reopen schools especially ASUU.
You're making me laugh. The committee was sent by FG, this means that it's decision will be binding on all relevant ministries including Devil Ngige's ministry. You're supposed to be blaming FG for this and not ASUU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Jack500: 10:41am On Jul 14, 2022
Charleys:

ON WHAT GROUNDS?

As the incoming president, if it pains you, hit your head on the wall
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by delpee(f): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2022
The Universities should be granted autonomy while we revert to the old system of giving bursaries and full or refundable scholarships to our indigent students. It's the most sustainable path to progress.
Re: No Agreement Yet With ASUU - FG by Neddyogu(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2022
AAA593:

You're making me laugh. The committee was sent by FG, this means that it's decision will be binding on all relevant ministries including Devil Ngige's ministry. You're supposed to be blaming FG for this and not ASUU.

So are u saying that the Briggs committee came up with the 185% increment stuff? No input from ASUU? So the Briggs committee was just flying solo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Futminna Pre-degree/remedial Form Still On Sale,hurry ! / OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.