Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor (31059 Views)

Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / Shettima And Bandits' Negotiator, Tukur Mamu (Throwback Photo) / Akerodolu Vs Jegede: Who Performed Better In The Ondo Governorship Debate? (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by TinubuAdvocate1: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
ALISMILE:
The surprising thing about this coming election is that Obi's supporters are not willing to discuss the track records of contestants.

I'm surprised by this sudden change of
election approach.
who said they’re not willing? Just go to Anambra and verify for yourself.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by olumide4christ: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
ALISMILE:
The surprising thing about this coming election is that Obi's supporters are not willing to discuss the track records of contestants.

I'm surprised by this sudden change of
election approach.

Because their candidate has no track record. I visited Anambra state, UNIZIK, Awka to be precise, 2-3 times between 2012-2013 when Obi was governor. I worked on the GTBANK branch project in the campus then. Infrastructure from Enugu to Awka to Onitsha to Upper Iweka/Bridge head was nothing to write home about.

About a 2 weeks ago, I asked people who support Obi to put forward verifiable proofs of at least 7 of Obi's legacy projects while he was in office and the 1st person would get N10,000. Up till this moment, none has come forward.

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by bigfish3k: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Are you aware that so many Massob members were dump in the river?
i
You are contradicting your self

You people said Obi is an ipob member
The same you people are saying that Obi killed ipob members.

Head slamming is bad for you

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by gaby85(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
We are only good at making and fighting digital fight without result. If what Nigeria has become is a call for concern for you, you need to learn from the people of Sri Lanka.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by mfm04622: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
Totilopussylick:
They were both incompetent during their tenure undecided

Shetima did wonderfully well in Borno! He was much more better than Obi in Anambra

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by cuteralph101(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:
Electioneering time is the best time to compare the candidates contesting most especially for the position of president and vice president

Between Shettima and Obi, who performed better as a governor?
Lols I like this sha...VP candidate vs Presidential Candidate
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Maobichek: 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ademola47:
Head-to-head, Obi might perform slightly better than Shettima.

It was during Shettima time that the infamous terrorist group, Boko Haram gained ground.

Obi, on his side, aided the Awkuzu SARS headed by CSP Nwafor that killed hundreds of people. So in terms of security, they both flopped.

Economically, Obi seems to outshine Shettima. To talk education and infrastructure, Shettima is ahead.

For me, they will share percentage as 52 48 (with 52 in favour of Obi).

But in all fairness, it isn't okay to be comparing a vice presidential candidate to a presidential candidate. Obi should be compared with Tinubu.

Good afternoon, i was in Anambra when the Ezu river issue happened; many people were ready to take it up but massob was seen and treated as terrorist and at such even innocent citizens were killed and tagged massob.

Any one who tried to speak up or defend them was seen as enemy of the state (Nigeria) so government including PO didn't do anything.

Let me explain better, there has always been criminal activities, kidnapping, ritual killing, political assassination in the East but ever since IPOB came, all evils in the South East are tagged IPOB and once it's tagged IPOB by the security agencies, it's closed, that has been the situation.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
Why shettima and OBI

Why not OBI and TIEFNUBU??

Why

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by shiwex: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2022
Not sure we can compare both, Bornu state got a lot of funds from both the federal government and International bodies because of the menace of Boko haram, so we have to first acknowledge that Bornu has more funds to paly around with than Anambra.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Is it that you were raised with hyena breast milk. PO has repeatedly stated that he has nothing to do with SARs Awkuzu guys and these guys answer to the IGP

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by idamokoemmanuel(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Terrorist how? If Shettima should be held accountable for Boko Haram issue then Obi should also be held responsible for the SARS Akwuzu led by James Nwafor terror

Stop speaking in Nairaland because you always sound like a fool each time you talk. I don't know why you have not notice that

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by shegz24(m): 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
blackboy:
Wrong comparison. Father of Boko ravaged Borno versus Father of a new and better Anambra.

Ezu river corpse
IPOB.
BZM
Evans the kidnapper

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Kennydoc(m): 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ademola47:
Head-to-head, Obi might perform slightly better than Shettima.

It was during Shettima time that the infamous terrorist group, Boko Haram gained ground.

Obi, on his side, aided the Awkuzu SARS headed by CSP Nwafor that killed hundreds of people. So in terms of security, they both flopped.

Economically, Obi seems to outshine Shettima. To talk education and infrastructure, Shettima is ahead.

For me, they will share percentage as 52 48 (with 52 in favour of Obi).

But in all fairness, it isn't okay to be comparing a vice presidential candidate to a presidential candidate. Obi should be compared with Tinubu.

Talking about the point in bold, you sound ignorant. How did you rank Shettima better than Obi in Education? What exactly did Shettima do in the area of education?
Before PO became governor, Anambra used to rank below 15 in WAEC. It was under PO that Anambra took over as the best state in WAEC. Till today, it is still among the top 2 states every year in WAEC even after 8 years since PO's tenure finished.
Once again, what did Shettima achieve in education?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by kozmokaz(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

I haven't been to any of the state reason why I am conducting this assessment

I have been to adamawa state

That was during the peak of boko haram

So I know what I’m saying when it comes to the north east
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by shegz24(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
idamokoemmanuel:

Stop speaking in Nairaland because you always sound like a fool each time you talk. I don't know why you have not notice that

My friend, will you keep quiet?!

You dont want to hear what you are saying about another all because of mumu propaganda.

In fact, that means Obi is the father of IPOB and BZM.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Dangrace01: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
Akanbiedu:
Op I like what you did here. Obi shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as BAT. He should be compared with his mates.

If not zoning arguments, Obi can't even be compared with Fashola and Elrufai.

The problem with you guys is that you talk with sentiment.

Fashola performed better Tinubu any day anytime.

I can compare Fashola and OBI. They both performed excellently well

Make we drop 10k to compare Fashola and OBI

Stop equating Tinubu political prowess with his performance as a governor. They are 2 different things.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Zorn: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Terrorist how? If Shettima should be held accountable for Boko Haram issue then Obi should also be held responsible for the SARS Akwuzu led by James Nwafor terror
I think most people mistakes you to be reasonable on here , because the kind of comments you make here gives you away. How can you compare the activities of Boko Haram to the activities of SARS ? Bro you self reason am well them get any correlation? There are evidences that Shettima housed kabiru Sokoto that bombed Catholic church at madala . He even advocated for amnesty for Boko Haram , he accused Igbo soldiers of picking up northerners that are not part of Boko Haram(which implies he knew who the Boko Harams are), he was asked to relocate the students writing SSCE to a safer place but he refused .

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by zeuss: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Are you aware that governor's have absolutely no control over police or any security apparatus in their state?

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by kozmokaz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
beardedboy:

Yes, it's a terrible place to be. Especially that Onitsha market, it's the den of hooligans and thieves.

Holigans and thieves can be found in every nook and cranny of nigeria !!

Don’t make it look like it’s an anambra thing alone

The ones in Lagos is way bigger than that of anambra

Even at the international airport !!!
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by idamokoemmanuel(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
shegz24:

My friend, will you keep quiet?!

You dont want to hear what you are saying about another all because of mumu propaganda.

In fact, that means Obi is the father of IPOB and BZM.

You disgrace yourself alot in public.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by DMerciful(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
You opened a thread, not to seek knowledge but to defend Shettima
helinues:

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Babaisha: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
When you are comparing performance, what are your basis for comparison?

The gigantic project and infrastructure delivered or what?

Has anyone asked at what cost-value ratio did those infrastructure come at.

Go and check the external and domestic debt of Borno state under Kassim Shettima tenure and compare it with the value of the projects delivered, then do same for Peter Obi during his tenure and compare.

If two workers both earn 50,000 as salary at their work place and both after working for 2years, Mr.A borrowed 4million to get a 4.4million car where he contributed 400k , and Mr.B bought a used Nigerian 2001 Camry at 850k fully funded by himself.

If you are shown and judging them without data by their cars, who will you pick Mr.A as a top performer and better resource manager, sure you will go for someone with a bigger car, but that judgement will change if you know that he borrowed 4million for that better car which is a liability already in his balance sheet. We should start asking all these administrators what they did with the funds they borrowed on our behalf.
A prudent manager that works with his resources and borrows for investment is better than a manager that borrows for gigantic elephant project without adequate savings.

I wish our youths are asking the right questions.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Bollinga: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
How many people were killed and kidnapped during shettima Tenure and how were killed and kidnapped during Obi's Tenure
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by papalumi29(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
I served at Anambra in 2008, Obi was the governor then, I can testify to your story, Obi did nothing meaningful nor spectacular during his era, I was at Onitsha, insecurity in the market was alarming daytime robbery.

olumide4christ:

Because their candidate has no track record. I visited Anambra state, UNIZIK, Awka to be precise, 2-3 times between 2012-2013 when Obi was governor. I worked on the GTBANK branch project in the campus then. Infrastructure from Enugu to Awka to Onitsha to Upper Iweka/Bridge head was nothing to write home about.

About a 2 weeks ago, I asked people who support Obi to put forward verifiable proofs of at least 7 of Obi's legacy projects while he was in office and the 1st person would get N10,000. Up till this moment, none has come forward.

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Gunayo(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Comparing the two of them is like comparing A camelion with Cheetah in a relay race.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Bollinga: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

And the River belongs to obi?

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by PrinceGallant: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
SHINJA:
E be like say too much head slamming for ground dey mk some yoruba Muslims head dey skip..

Even though you are nuisance, you deserve to be tutored. Note, we worship our God by 'slamming' head for ground, is that clear? How do you glorify your own?

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Bar1941(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

And also Ipob terrorists group.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by helinues: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
kozmokaz:

I have been to adamawa state

That was during the peak of boko haram

So I know what I’m saying when it comes to the north east

And is Shettima from Adamawa state?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by kozmokaz(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

And is Shettima from Adamawa state?

Shettima is from borno and if you have left your zone before

You wouldn’t be asking the above question

Damh !
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Royalty83(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
Obi did nothing as governor. Man looted the state blind and move proceeds to tax haven like PANDORA.. Plus there was massive extra-judicial killings and purging of the state civil service when he sacked all non anambras ibos.. Obi was a failure as governor that is why Soludo has alot on his table today

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Kingcalls: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

U just live disgracing urself... people like u should not be counted as full vote ...u should be regarded as 20% of one vote ...5 of ur type should be equal to one vote ... cos u dull no b small

Late Chief Konam Porbeni Reburied In Aduku In Bayelsa State.. / Zulum Visits Family Of General Zirkushu, Donates ₦20 Million / Fueling Uncertainty:investigating Nigeria's Subsidy Removal And Dangote Refinery

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62