Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,996 members, 7,852,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

Am I Paranoid? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Paranoid? (9574 Views)

My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? / Married Men Paranoid About Undrawn Curtains And Undressed Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Paranoid? by Demainman1: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
deekay29:

This seems like a growing trend among women, my long time girlfriend; very sweet indeed but had the same issue with saying sorry. I did the smart thing any man should do, i picked my battles and got over the little ones that would be considered petty. Here is my advice to you, i understand you are frustrated with your wife, but the question you need to ask yourself is this. Is your wife your friend or your enemy, if your boy farts in your mouth would you be so angry; see her more as your boy and don't sweat over the little things. Women are very difficult to deal with but are very sweet; i couldn't imagine me doing all the domestic stuff they do, cleaning, cooking, washing, massaging your ego; and still laying down to give you a good phuck, remember that we as Africans take this things for granted, but the white man calculates all this services when Divorce comes. The least you can do is let her FART all she wants.
Like i said if you are a man's man that hardly gets into issues with his boys, treat your wife better and tolerate her more than you do your boys. we all have that one friend who is a taker and never a giver or sharer but we still love them. Your wife shouldn't be any different; i hope this helps in some way. In the bigger scheme of things, saying sorry is overrated, i think you are petty to always be demanding sorry for every and anything; that's what women do and not men. cool

I really like ur take on this
Re: Am I Paranoid? by oohunt: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
God bless you for being a loving and caring husband. I bet you, there are only a few like you.
But your wife unfortunately does not appreciate you and is taking you for a ride.
I think the farting thing is totally disrespectful, even if you two usually laugh over it.
She needs to learn the joy and pains of being a wife and a mother, you have only made the job easy for her.

I do not mean to put women down or be demeaning but there is a reason God choose the woman as a helper. Once you change that position in your family then you are asking for trouble. Your roles in the family should be clearly defined. A man is the head and you really need to man up. Be gentle and firm.

I will suggest that she gets closer to God, let her get involved in a womens group or something, where she can learn the basics of being a wife and a mother and practice it. It will help her change. (I am assuming you are a Christian.) About the unemployment, she should cast all her concerns on God and not you. This union is about you, her and God, don't forget that.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by andyanders: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
Poster,

[b]Thank God, you are nice to your family and nothing wrong helping out your wife. You are married with kids and from your explanation, you are a happy family. I think what is going on here is that devil do not want where there is peace hence your wife's attitude and behavior. This should not make you hate her or expose your family to the world because devil will be happy to see your family messed up.
If you are a Christian, you need God to come into your family because you cannot afford to divorce your wife because of this.
Your wife needs help because devil has taken over her. If you are in Nigeria, take her to the Synagogue Church of All Nations for deliverance.  When she is delivered, you will enjoy her and your home. Devil is at work and if you fail to take steps through Devine help and now be taking most of the opinion given by people here to stop doing good to your wife and deny her most things, this will backfire on you and your home will be ruined. Seek the face of God.
[/b]
Re: Am I Paranoid? by 2sd(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
I think your wife is taking you for granted. But getting her to change is going to be difficult because she's got used to it. It'll take a lot of things combined together to achieve a result but it is possible. Firstly, you must decide how you're going to deal with the situation. I'll suggest-

1. Get her a job.
2. You have to stop assisting her in the kitchen. That has to go for good, that should be one of the consequences of that behaviours of hers to send
   her a very strong message.
3. Apologizes only when you wrong her.

watch closely her reactions to these changes and make amendments when necessary. You need be firm with her at this moment and may later get a little soft when there is any changes from her. You must stand firm on some important issues.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by 2sd(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ Andyanders

Y say na devil we always blame Abegi!

Synagogue ko Synagogue ni
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Isabella89: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
WTFFF
What the freaking farty f*cky story is this. You don't have to give us all the details man. Ouch!

You've gotten great advice so far so run with it but please please please we don't need all the freaky details okay. Thank you
Re: Am I Paranoid? by 2sd(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2011
@madoba

I love and respect people like you

You are open and show you can accept your shortcomings when told.

Don't mind Okada_man Jare.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by tampa1871: 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
Lets call a spade a spade and not a walking stick, nobody is too big to say sorry whether sincere or not. This woman needs to change or else she will lose this good man, period!
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
Hmmm, your wife is a very proud person. The earlier she empties herself of pride the better for her. You have to be a bit harder on her. Some women don't like it soft. The like it the hard way. She has to apologise to you. That is non-negotiable. If she finds it easy to apologise to outsiders but difficult to apologise to you then either or both of these two things are happening: she has no respect for you or she is living in adultery. A woman living in adultery finds it extermely difficult to respect her husband.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
atasteve:

Although very difficult but he that forgives RULES THE WORLD AND IS THE MOST MATURED.

Wishing you all the best and God's blessings.

It is easy to justify one's delusion and p.u.s.s.ie-whipped condition with such nonsense. Here is a better, more realistic reasoning:

"He who forgives readily only invites (further) offense"

- Pierre Corneille.

. . .it is generally applicable to human beings; more so with women. Give an inch, peeps would take a mile.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by seal777(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
No one seems to comment on a dangerous dimension on this issue that caught my attention :

Yesterday, while scolding our daughter, she said ' even you that I gave birth to is joining in kicking me like a ball all because I stay at home and have no job.

I am not married though but i am closely monitoring the development and learning from various comments been offered here.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by johnblaze1: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
;d
Re: Am I Paranoid? by tlops(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
With the few adjustment (SAP) you've made, I believe she should change,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-722176.0.html
Re: Am I Paranoid? by oohunt: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2011
Nice one Mrs John Blaze. A real life example @poster.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Ihuoma85(f): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
Hope she will apologise to you@poster.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by monie(f): 6:39am On Jul 30, 2011
Very funny thread I must admit,made my morning as have been laughing non stop at ppls comment. Nigerians sha
Re: Am I Paranoid? by akiolu: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
Outstrip:

Some people here are funny. What is all this be a man talk. What exactly will a "real man" do. Slap her around or what. The woman has some serious issues but it is not because the man is a wussy. Married people take each other for granted all the time. The vibe I get from this poster is that he and his wife are actually also very good friends besides their obvious love for each other. He still needs to use tough love but when friendship is a huge part of your relationship you cannot use the same approach that a dictatorial man that expects a subservient wife will use. After this wahala I am sure he still wants his wife to be his friend and not just the woman he married.
I didn't see this post earlier and I am glad I have seen it now. cheesy

back to reading other comments and then will update!
Re: Am I Paranoid? by akiolu: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2011
Gift4all:

One of the most decent thread on NL in recent time.

@ dayokanu and manliness, hope you guys will not kill me with laughter. I have been laughing (even on the street) all alone!

Many of the posters are just condemning the wife. I think we are just magnifying the issue of farting into her husband's mouth, what I call a usual family joke that was taken too far. If you read between the lines, you will not blame the woman so much. We probably are applying our African mentality of 'how can  a woman do such a thing to her husband' without asking 'how could a man be, {censored}.

@ OP, your wife may have done the wrong thing by farting into your mouth, but it appears there is more to it than just that.

[My wife said she finds it difficult saying sorry even when she knows she is wrong. Initially, I was the one always wrong and I always apologized to bury the issue. One day I overheard her apologizing to someone on phone. I felt may be to some people it is easy to say sorry while I am among those she cannot say sorry to.

I took a drastic action that shook her while I was about to travel. I stopped helping her do house chores and other things that I used to do with her like cutting the vegetables while she prepared food for the family, washing dishes, cooking etc. I also threatened the D word if she did not change.  When I came back, she seemed to have changed.]

You knew your wife finds it difficult to say sorry, u took a drastic action and she seemed to have changed. Why not just put it bluntly that she changed! You should have known during your courtship that your wife finds it difficult to apologize and was ready to live with that when you decided to marry her. And she later learned to apologize to you after all. That is a positive change on her part to make the marriage work.

[I did not stop providing for her like I was able to do anyway. Though she has no job her friends who have envy her. I am very romantic. I do not miss her birthdays. I compliment her. I appreciate her. I take her out and work around with her. I am proud to show her around my friends. I do not cheat on her.

I take care of the family like I should. I am saving to start up a small business for her. I have looked for job for her and could not find any. She does not like teaching job which was available and I understand why. She has difficulty reading and speaking English Language though she is a graduate and it becomes an insult to her if one suggests ways of improvement. (I am polite to a fault. I love her)]

She should be a good wife to be getting all this from you. She did not stop taking care of the home. She appreciates you and your care, that is why she made you understand that her working friends envy her. She is romantic too, if not she wouldn't have been accepting all you romantic, This to me is a wonderful marriage.

[At the slightest disagreement, she claims I am disrespecting her because she has no job and brings no money to the family.]

Search yourself very well, is there anything you have been saying or doing to make her that way? She is human, she may fell depressed sometimes because of this her joblessness and she may think she is a burden on you too. What have you been doing to encourage and assure her that she will soon get a job and all that.

[I am writing this because of what happened 2 days ago.
, she laughed at it, She shouted and said, so because of what happened you have decided to wear our boxers etc . . . . . NB, when the going is good, we fart around the house  and make fun of it but not into anyone's mouth. , while scolding our daughter, she said ' even you that I gave birth to is joining in kicking me like a ball all because I stay at home and have no job. She was shouting from the balcony so that everyone heard. Later on she continued, telling everyone who cared that she is suffering even though people wished to be her when they  see her drive by.

Too much in my mind.]

What is this "too much" on your mind that you have not said? The problem could be something else, not that nasty fart. When the going is good, you make do fart around and make fun of it, but when the going is bad, then, ? And when you registered you displeasure, she laughed at it, as if to say it is just the normal fun. She asked: Are you putting on your boxers just because of that? Though she took it too far this time around, she was just joking and was making fun. She should have apologized anyway.

What did you tell her at that moment? Did you insult her, the way you probably have been doing? How did you register that your displeasure? Sometimes it is not just easy to apologize to someone who is insulting you.

Every marriage have it's ups and down. Yours is a wonderful marriage, at least from what you have told us. The issue of that fart is not just a good reason to start a big problem. How will tell her parents or yours that it was that fart that caused the problem, especially what you were doing when it happened? It is the responsibility of the two of you to do everything and anything to save the marriage from problems. Call her in the village and apologize to her for feeling so bad about what she did and tell her she should come very fast because you are missing her so much. When she returns, then talk some sense into her, I believe she will understand and apologize. Thank God you are not considering divorce.
Bro, the farting was an issue but the greatest displeasure was her treating my obvious displeasure with contempt.

I never insulted her and will never insult her. I am careful what I say to any person when I am angry because even when the anger is gone, the statement if nasty will not be gone with the anger. An insulting word to me is like driving a nail into a fence. The nail can be removed but the mark remains. I just registered my displeasure with a stern face. My wife is dear to me. And if I ever did a thing she considered an insult, I apologied instantly.

I have never insulted her about her not having a job or in any other way. I have enough to go round for us. I have said something about this earlier job thing earlier.
The 'too much' is nothing different from all I have said in this thread.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by akiolu: 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
deekay29:

This seems like a growing trend among women, my long time girlfriend; very sweet indeed but had the same issue with saying sorry. I did the smart thing any man should do, i picked my battles and got over the little ones that would be considered petty. Here is my advice to you, i understand you are frustrated with your wife, but the question you need to ask yourself is this. Is your wife your friend or your enemy, if your boy farts in your mouth would you be so angry; see her more as your boy and don't sweat over the little things. Women are very difficult to deal with but are very sweet; i couldn't imagine me doing all the domestic stuff they do, cleaning, cooking, washing, massaging your ego; and still laying down to give you a good phuck, remember that we as Africans take this things for granted, but the white man calculates all this services when Divorce comes. The least you can do is let her FART all she wants.
Like i said if you are a man's man that hardly gets into issues with his boys, treat your wife better and tolerate her more than you do your boys. we all have that one friend who is a taker and never a giver or sharer but we still love them. Your wife shouldn't be any different; i hope this helps in some way. In the bigger scheme of things, saying sorry is overrated, i think you are petty to always be demanding sorry for every and anything; that's what women do and not men.  cool
lol I can see your view point and I do appreciate her services. That is why I help out.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by rahjan: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2011
Guy, i think the biggest mistake people make in a relationshhip is to act in one way to show their displeasure abt d actions of their partner. The danger there is that ur partner gets the reason half way or does not get it at all. Up and tell her ur expectations in all cases no exceptions. If u expect her to say sorry for farting, say i expected u to say sorry if she feels u are being childish, let her. Its dangerous to let resentment buildup inside u as it has obviously done becos u will definately overeact on other issues if u keep bottling it up. Thanks
Re: Am I Paranoid? by akiolu: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ all
She apologized. She said she never knew I could be that heartless that ignored her for 2 days. I never told her where I was going and stuff. It was a drama but it is now all over. Let me not tell more. We are happy again. I guess she told noone as no one called me. She probably ran away from the heat and the tension in the house.

I must thank you all immensely. I have learnt a lot. I know others would have learnt a bit too.

But it is hard to watch someone you love die for attention and cry for forgiveness(last moment) while you played the hard man on the surface.
It is also hard to swallow insults from a beloved.
Over all, it takes a man to do a man's job!

Thank you!
Re: Am I Paranoid? by coogar: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
akiolu:

@ all
She apologized. She said she never knew I could be that heartless that ignored her for 2 days. I never told her where I was going and stuff. It was a drama but it is now all over. Let me not tell more. We are happy again. I guess she told noone as no one called me. She probably ran away from the heat and the tension in the house.

I must thank you all immensely. I have learnt a lot. I know others would have learnt a bit too.

But it is hard to watch someone you love die for attention and cry for forgiveness(last moment) while you played the hard man on the surface.
It is also hard to swallow insults from a beloved.
Over all, it takes a man to do a man's job!

Thank you!

i am so so happy for you. . . .

Re: Am I Paranoid? by Outstrip(f): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2011
Aww. God bless your home Akiolu
Re: Am I Paranoid? by seal777(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
I am happy for you in that u sequenced all the ideas given and apply the ones you needed with wisdom, Ummmm, so its true that problem shared with NAIRALANDERS is half solved, lol!!!.

God bless ur home and assist those still in challenges to get over it,
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2011
Lol good for you both jare. I knew she was going to bend na today I sabi her type?

You both can now go and continue from where una stop before the farting.(no be my mouth una go hiaaa wetin dem dey call am abegiii)
Re: Am I Paranoid? by ifyalways(f): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
jennykadry:

Lol good for you both jare. I knew she was going to bend na today I sabi her type?

You both can now go and continue from where una stop before the farting.(no be my mouth una go hiaaa wetin dem dey call am abegiii)
LOL
Na dat one be da most important part of the gist.

@Op,happy for you.Go in peace and chop no more fart. cheesy
Re: Am I Paranoid? by akiolu: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2011
coogar:

i am so so happy for you. . . .

Thanks man
jennykadry:

Thanks a lot. We started immediately from where we stopped before the rude interruption cheesy
seal777:

I am happy for you in that u sequenced all the ideas given and apply the ones you needed with wisdom, Ummmm, so its true that problem shared with NAIRALANDERS is half solved, lol!!!.

God bless your home and assist those still in challenges to get over it,

You are right
Outstrip:

Aww. God bless your home Akiolu
Thank you

Amen to all the prayers!
Re: Am I Paranoid? by SleekReek(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2011
My wife said she finds it difficult saying sorry even when she knows she is wrong. Initially, I was the one always wrong and I always apologized to bury the issue. One day I overheard her apologizing to someone on phone. I felt may be to some people it is easy to saysorry while I am among those she cannot say sorry to.

I took a drastic action that shook her while I was about to travel. I stopped helping her do house chores and other things that I used to do with her like cutting the vegetables while she prepared food for the family, washing dishes, cooking etc. I also threatened the D word if she did not change. When I came back, she seemed to have changed. I did not stop providing for her like I was able to do anyway. Though she has no job her friends who have envy her. I am very romantic. I do not miss her birthdays. I compliment her. I appreciate her. I take her out and work around with her. I am proud to show her around my friends. I do not cheat on her.
[b][/b]

Reading through your words felt like I was reading through my marriage, being married for three years and had a similar problem about this not saying sorry from my wife. I will tell you how i solved the issue, drastic action will not cut it, I know it feels like the right thing to do but it isn’t, it will only compound and complicate the issue. See marriage issue can be very complex and complicated, that’s why when it comes to marriages crashing, prevention is better than cure, trying to settle a marriage that has come to a point of crashing is very very difficult, because when issues should have been nipped in the bud, it was allowed to grow and fester, till it becomes so colossal, that you will ask yourself in the end, how did we end up here. I mean think of it, how you can love someone so passionately and suddenly hate that same person with as much passion, that’s what marriage can do 2u, if you don’t handle conflicts right. Marriage will test your maturity, it will question your character, it will shake your confidence in how good you thought you were, infact marriage is where you see the highest display of childishness….the truth it’s not about how good you are, is do you meet each other’s needs in the marriage, if you don’t get it right, the marriage will failed.

Okay the solution; you love your wife, so love everything about her, she has got issues that must be addressed, her having a job will not address, infact my naira land friend it will escalate it, she seems to think that her self-worth is in a job, when she gets it with this mindset you may have a bigger problem, when she starts earning money. There is nothing wrong with her wanting a job even if you provide well for her, because everyone is different, some women like my wife want a business and also have time for her family, some want to have a job, some want to receive money and just be at home, but all her whining that because I don’t have a job Blah! Blah! is childish and an indication that she has some issues, she doesn’t need God she needs a mindset change (God’s word can give her a transformation), so take the lead and go to church with her, make sure she is involved as you should be, buy Christian books on marriage and read with her (and in no time she will learn that these two words, “I’m sorry” and “Thank you dear” are vital for a marriage to grow).

While trying to change my wife, I changed myself I learnt one very important secret, stop getting upset, pray for your wife and talk to her…, yes sit her down and talk to her (not yell at her, or accuse her), communicate by using words like “You make me feel unappreciated when you don’t say thank you”, instead of saying, “You just so ungrateful” – this will kill communication because once you accuse someone they become defensive. Praying for her will do wonders for you, it will make you so patient with her, it will increase your understanding and love for her and she has no option but to change in the face of a loving environment created by you. This looks hard, yes I was at a place that I asked myself, “ come am I always the one wrong and my wife is never wrong”, “ Must I always be the one saying sorry all the time”, I will think to myself, “All this her nonsense behavior is because I show her too much love, I will become harder”-This is was an erroneous statement, because as I learnt that though I thought very confidently that I was loving her the best way I could, but I wasn’t loving her the best way she needed to be loved. Your wife needs your love more than ever and years from now you both will look back and be glad you did the right thing. The solution is not as easy as ABC, but it starts with a resolve from you as the man, take responsibility and love your wife patiently until she changes with God’s help!
Re: Am I Paranoid? by delpee(f): 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Poster
Awwwww! Thats really nice to hear. U are both truly blessed and God will bless your home with more love, understanding and patience.
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2011
akiolu:

Thanks manThanks a lot. We started immediately from where we stopped before the rude interruption :DYou are right Thank you

Amen to all the prayers!
Correct, make up S-x is always d best. Sometimes i suspect my husband picks up quarells because of the make up s-x. lol
Re: Am I Paranoid? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2011
^^LMAO, your suspicions might be right. This is the reason why I stated on this thread earlier on that sex done after the ''I am sorry'' word is one of the best
Re: Am I Paranoid? by seyibrown(f): 12:03am On Jul 31, 2011
@ poster

You are one in a million grin (serious o, rubbish husbands/Bfs plenty ) and I am glad it was sorted out! I am sure you now know how to handle things if they go this way again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Some Youths/Teens So Afraid Of Their Parents And Not Free With Them? / Good Nursery - Primary School In Ajah / Single People Likely To Die Much Earlier Than Their Married Peers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.