Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final (14408 Views)

Sit-At-Home From 23rd To 28th February 2023 Is Final, No Going Back - Simon Ekpa / Running Mates: Tinubu’s Camp Narrows Down On Shettima, Atiku On Okowa / Osun: Kolapo Alimi, Supporters Say They Might Decamp To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2022
Diligent1:

When I was in SS3, Tinubu was the governor of Lagos State then, he paid for our exams throughout Lagos State.
When I entered higher institution in Lagos State, he was the governor of Lagos State. The bad students were disturbing both lecturers and students, they would be shooting in campus, we went to his office at Alausa and protest, immediately he took action, he rusticated almost 90s of the bad boys.
I also know how Lagos use to be before Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos State, refuse littered every where, he came and solve the problem.
I believe if Tinubu become the president of Nigeria we will get better jobs not the one that covers only transport and feeding.

When secondary school students protest, know it has gotten really worse and any Governor would work on it. I've never seen a Governor that wouldn't work on sec school protest. Tinubu did his part in Lagos, no doubt but all he did can't be compared to PO's impacts in Anambra. What Tinubu did was what every other average politicians did (cosmetic works).

I think the argument should be how they both improved sectors when they served.

PO took Anambra Education from 26 to number 1 in Nigeria. How did Tinubu improve his?

PO met the state in debts and he left it at $500m profit when he left office. He's the only Governor that has done this in Nigeria. Tell me how Tinubu improved Lagos Finance.

PO linked farms to the market by constructing roads. All roads that lead to the farms were good, so food was cheaper. How did Tinubu improve his Agricultural sector?

PO paid my friend's Granny stipends regularly when he was the Governor (I later found out he was doing this for 70+ years oldies in the state). He built accommodation for less privileged who were roaming the streets. Now, tell me how Tinubu improved the welfare of the less privileged.

Tinubu is already in his senility. If not, he won't say he'd recruit 50 million youths (half of the youths in Nigeria) to military and they would be serving them agbado and cassava. So, definitely majority of us will join soldier. Is that not laughable? He's old and doesn't know what he's saying or doing anymore.

To top it all, Tinubu has health challenge and Shettima is his VP. Shettima is obviously linked to Boko Haram. Nigeria is doomed if Shettima takes over. APC Northerners must have cajoled Tinubu to pick Shettima.
Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Carlosdd:

You must be a joker is it Obi that deploy commissioner of police ? If you don’t know it’s called Nigeria police force not state police .

He changed them 3 times when they were not active and in those times, he never brought in an Igbo man.
Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by Diligent1(f): 6:36am On Jul 16, 2022
123guys:

When secondary school students protest, know it has gotten really worse and any Governor would work on it. I've never seen a Governor that wouldn't work on sec school protest. Tinubu did his part in Lagos, no doubt but all he did can't be compared to PO's impacts in Anambra. What Tinubu did was what every other average politicians did (cosmetic works).

I think the argument should be how they both improved sectors when they served.

PO took Anambra Education from 26 to number 1 in Nigeria. How did Tinubu improve his?

PO met the state in debts and he left it at $500m profit when he left office. He's the only Governor that has done this in Nigeria. Tell me how Tinubu improved Lagos Finance.

PO linked farms to the market by constructing roads. All roads that lead to the farms were good, so food was cheaper. How did Tinubu improve his Agricultural sector?

PO paid my friend's Granny stipends regularly when he was the Governor (I later found out he was doing this for 70+ years oldies in the state). He built accommodation for less privileged who were roaming the streets. Now, tell me how Tinubu improved the welfare of the less privileged.

Tinubu is already in his senility. If not, he won't say he'd recruit 50 million youths (half of the youths in Nigeria) to military and they would be serving them agbado and cassava. So, definitely majority of us will join soldier. Is that not laughable? He's old and doesn't know what he's saying or doing anymore.

To top it all, Tinubu has health challenge and Shettima is his VP. Shettima is obviously linked to Boko Haram. Nigeria is doomed if Shettima takes over. APC Northerners must have cajoled Tinubu to pick Shettima.
Point of correction, we protest in higher institution not secondary school.
Tinubu did not collect federal allocation for local government for almost 8 years yet he created jobs like LAWMA, LASTMA, LAMATA RRS and he paid salaries at the right time.
Do you know how many people working in these places.
He increased the Lagos State revenue with wide margin.
You talked about his health, everybody can see how he has been going from one place to another without rest please what else do you want? are you expecting him to carry tractor on his head so that he can prove that he is fits for the job?
Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2022
Diligent1:

Point of correction, we protest in higher institution not secondary school.
Tinubu did not collect federal allocation for local government for almost 8 years yet he created jobs like LAWMA, LASTMA, LAMATA RRS and he paid salaries at the right time.
Do you know how many people working in these places.
He increased the Lagos State revenue with wide margin.
You talked about his health, everybody can see how he has been going from one place to another without rest please what else do you want? are you expecting him to carry tractor on his head so that he can prove that he is fits for the job?

Calm down. To start with, yes he increased Lagos State revenue just like Buhari has increased our revenue and GDP to an all-time high in 8 years while sinking us in debts. Tinubu increased revenue by borrowing to develop Lagos (same tactics employed by Buhari and lots of Governors). He borrowed and sank Lagos into $190M+ debt. Lagos was debt-free before 1999. Nigeria is currently entering hyperinflation, do you need a prophet to tell you that we we need someone who has experience in rescuing us from debts? PO managed state fund to rescue Anambra from debt to $500m in profit.

Again, you said Lagos State didn't receive allocation for 8 years. This is really laughable. Why are you lying just to prove a point?... Anyway, check out this source and check the whooping allocation received in Lagos from 1999 to 2007: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Nigeria-Federal-revenue-allocation-to-states-1999-2007_tbl2_279463673

He's fit because he's always inside the car and aeroplane? So, Yaradua didn't travel when he was campaigning?

You mentioned that he employed people... Wait and be honest with yourself, do you pray that your family be recruited in the army and agbado will be their breakfast? Is that the kind of life you pray for the youths? He's either too old or sick to have mentioned that. 50 million youths? Nigeria doesn't have up to 50 million youths so definitely we're all going to be recruited. Who does that? Is that not even a red flag that Tinubu is senile?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Nigeria Will Break, Let It Breat--pastor Oyedepo / Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Production Again – NNPC / "I Foresaw Kidnapping, Herdsmen Menace" – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.