Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,664 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? (1845 Views)

Fulani Leaders In Oyo Beg For Forgiveness, Pledge Peaceful Co-Existence / Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence / Eid-el-kabir: Kalu Advocates Peaceful Co -existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by IamAtikulate: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2022
Golan007:

Make sure you do.

We'll see how the Muslims react.

Don't hate the player then...
Moslems can react any how they want. We don't care.

Moslem Moslem ticket is a HUGE RED LINE for Christians. Let campaign start first.

Labour Party is already taking their campaign to the churches. He was in Assemblies of God national convention on Tuesday, AG is one of the oldest and most populated pentecostal church in Nigeria.

He was with Sarah in Abuja yesterday. Living Faith, Dunamis, Pastor Suleiman of Omega Ministries, House on the Rock, the Catholic Church, Watchman are already with Peter Obi.

Other churches will join soon.

If Peter Obi can get ECWA and Anglican, the two major churches in the North and MFM and RCCG, then Christian votes will as well be delivered.

With CAN and PFN against Yoruba moslems' MM ticket, Christian votes will be on lock down.

If Obi gets over 70 percent of Christian votes and Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwanso share the Moslem votes, PO will win.

Yoruba moslems just made it easy for him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by parkervero(m): 9:00am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Northern Christians whom CAN does not recognise as Christians. Why have they not been elected as CAN’s president since their creation?

What is this one saying?

I wonder why no Yoruba Muslim has ever been exalted to be sultan.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by parkervero(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2022
helinues:

Saudi women are now playing international games .

It's logical to have missed the latest updates while being away.

grin

Are now? Okay I don't know when Saudis allow their women in public games. I know they've allowed them to drive and possibly join army but sport, I've not come across it.

Any prove?
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Eniitankorede: 9:05am On Jul 15, 2022
parkervero:

What is this one saying?

I wonder why no Yoruba Muslim has ever been exalted to be sultan.

We are not complaining. CAN is the one complaining about marginalisation, while they are doing the same thing to northern Christians.
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by helinues: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2022
parkervero:

Are now? Okay I don't know when Saudis allow their women in public games. I know they've allowed them to drive and possibly join army but sport, I've not come across it.

Any prove?

I be ajebidan. The recently won their first International games with Seychelles or so..
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by parkervero(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

We are not complaining. CAN is the one complaining about marginalisation, while they are doing the same thing to northern Christians.

Oh, do northern Christians complained, too?

CAN never complained of being marginalized neither do northern Christians complain about it.

Please, get your facts right. When Christian argue, we argue with facts not with emotions like muslims do.

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by parkervero(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2022
helinues:

I be ajebidan. The recently won their first International games with Seychelles or so..

Ki ni oun je to n ri bi idan lo ju ara e?
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Eniitankorede: 9:12am On Jul 15, 2022
parkervero:

Oh, do northern Christians complained, too?

CAN never complained of being marginalized neither do northern Christians complain about it.

Please, get your facts right. When Christian argue, we argue with facts not with emotions like muslims do.

Northern Christians are not the one complaining of APC Muslim/Muslim ticket. It is the CAN national headquarters doing so. And he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. You cannot twist argument out of logic.
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Zionmdde: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Northern Christians are not the one complaining of APC Muslim/Muslim ticket. It is the CAN national headquarters doing so. And he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. You cannot twist argument out of logic.
Oga Muslim
Simple question u guys dodge everyday

Will Muslims accept a Christian Christian government?

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by izombie(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Asisat has left the team since first game. Essentially the team is all Christian. No Muslim has complained about it. Muslims are peaceful people and they are not rouble rousers. CAN must learn to show decorum and stop being an arm of PDP.
It's obvious you opened this thread to justify muslim muslim ticket because you are also muslim. Please don't mix politics with a game that's based on merit. Stop the bias.

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by famouscargo4u: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:
I saw a picture of Rashida Ajibade of the super falcons where he exposed the undershirt where Thank you Jesus is written. That makes me to start thinking: the whole of the super falcons team is Christian in make up. Not a single Muslim is complaining about that. I also cheered them as they win forgetting their religion etc.

What’s more instructive to me in that team is that, not a single player or coach or any member of the team is a Muslim. They are all chosen based on their ability. The Muslims are not complaining. Why Is CAN destroying the peace in NIGERIA? I hope the Christian leaders can call them to order. Otherwise they will destroy the country as they continue with their political activism.

What I mean is, they are the ones heating up the polity and causing further divisions in NIGERIA. The Muslims are not as intransigent as the CAN is. Their insensitivity is destroying peaceful coexistence in NIGERIA. That football team has all Christian crew. Nobody is raising eyebrow. Why can’t they be tolerant and allow the best hands to rule NIGERIA?. Not only Muslims will benefit from good governance in NIGERIA. All NIGERIANS will benefit from good governance.

Reashida is actually a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by SHINJA: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2022
Zionmdde:

Oga Muslim

Forget that head slamming demon..

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Eniitankorede: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Reashida is actually a Christian.

That’s what I meant by the team being 100% Christian.
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Eniitankorede: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2022
Zionmdde:

Oga Muslim

Yes, and we have demonstrated that before in the days of Zik and Awolowo.
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Mosesvic11(m): 9:52am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:
I saw a picture of Rashida Ajibade of the super falcons where he exposed the undershirt where Thank you Jesus is written. That makes me to start thinking: the whole of the super falcons team is Christian in make up. Not a single Muslim is complaining about that. I also cheered them as they win forgetting their religion etc.

What’s more instructive to me in that team is that, not a single player or coach or any member of the team is a Muslim. They are all chosen based on their ability. The Muslims are not complaining. Why Is CAN destroying the peace in NIGERIA? I hope the Christian leaders can call them to order. Otherwise they will destroy the country as they continue with their political activism.

What I mean is, they are the ones heating up the polity and causing further divisions in NIGERIA. The Muslims are not as intransigent as the CAN is. Their insensitivity is destroying peaceful coexistence in NIGERIA. That football team has all Christian crew. Nobody is raising eyebrow. Why can’t they be tolerant and allow the best hands to rule NIGERIA?. Not only Muslims will benefit from good governance in NIGERIA. All NIGERIANS will benefit from good governance.
you are not truthful and comparing a football team to a country shows how empty you are. We are taking about the the current situation in nigeria or are you blind to all the happenings in this country?

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by treesun: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Muslims have died more from terrorists. And those terrorists started during a Christian regime of Obasanjo and Jonathan. You have no point in that.

Yardua, don't twist history!

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by KILLTHECOWS(f): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2022
Muslim women should come in,they will field them..exposing their body is what is preventing them. Is it not Haram again?
Meanwhile,say no to Muslim-muslim ticket...

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by maybet081: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2022
IamAtikulate:
This one is preamble

Wait to campaign start. We will campaign church to church spread the message of truth against Moslem Moslem ticket.

CAN and PFN are doing what we Christians expected from them

Moslems will not accept s Christian Christian ticket and we Christians will not accept theirs.

PERIOD

grin
finished, my brother, just simple.
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by newbornmacho(m): 10:02am On Jul 15, 2022
helinues:

And the Tunisians and Moroccans are Pagans?

Are you a Tunisian Muslim?
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Eniitankorede: 10:05am On Jul 15, 2022
treesun:

Yardua, don't twist history!

Why didn’t Obasanjo and Jonathan stop the terrorism?
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Yves4real(f): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Northern Christians whom CAN does not recognise as Christians. Why have they not been elected as CAN’s president since their creation?

Archbishop John Onaiyekan, who hails from Kabba, Kogi state, was CAN's president from 2007 to 2010. Or, is Kogi state now a southern state in Nigeria?
I can see that you evil entities of the APC are trying so hard to sow a seed of discord among Nigerian Christians. It shall not stand, nor will it come to pass. Instead, your evil plan will boomerang.

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by treesun: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Why didn’t Obasanjo and Jonathan stop the terrorism?
You must be a dullard!

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Proudlyomonna: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Muslims have died more from terrorists. And those terrorists started during a Christian regime of Obasanjo and Jonathan. You have no point in that.

Don't you think that you started this your own crying quite early grin
You for just wait make campaign start proper na grin
As long as Christian-Christian ticket will never be accepted,so should Muslim-Muslim ticket.
We are not going to sacrifice our safety, unity and trust amongst ourselves and our Muslim brothers on the interest of emilokon.
Even Muslim faithfuls are already preaching against such agendas so save your tears for now.
You will need it very soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Donaluta(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2022
helinues:

And the Tunisians and Moroccans are Pagans?

See why I dey always insult you... Kaaaiii wHy you no Sabi anything... The Islam Morocco and Tunisia deh practice na the same Islam northern Nigeria dey practice?
Stop rushing to every post ... Hiaaaaaaa
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by IamAtikulate: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

When there were no BH and bandits
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by BobbyZrealist(m): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Boko Haram started July 2009 during Musa Yar'adua's tenure.
They started by attacking Churches and Christians,that was at the initial stage when Muslims turned a blind eye......but you know! "What goes around comes around
That was the same period Muhammad Yusuf an Islamic leader was caught and killed by the Nigeria police.
YAr'adua gave Militants amnesty,Buhari gave Boko Haram amnesty.

Talibans have killed more Muslims,just like Al-Shabaab,ISWAP and Boko Haram.
That does not change the fact that they are all Jihadis organization.

So stop twisting facts.
Show proofs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by Zionmdde: 10:54am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

So why do Northern Muslims think a northern Christian VP isn't good enough? Does it mean northern Christian can never become a president or a vice?
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by sreamsense: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Why will you be complaining where competence is needed? Is it not Islam that cages Muslim women? They can't be using hijab to play football on the field my brother. Is it Muslim women that are restricted into their homes that will be invited to play football. Few muslims that free themselves from bondage you put your women, you call them Haram in Islam.

How will they be fit to play football for Nigeria? Have you ever seen any northern muslim playing for Nigeria in their numbers? No! Because most talented ones are either restricted into their homes or marry off at tender age. It is not the fault of Nigeria, it is the Muslim women that are not qualified to be called, majority of talented ones are married off as teenagers like Mohammed did to 6yrs old Aisha.

It is different from politics where Christians and Muslims have competent people to play politics, so never mingle them together
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by hotseat: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2022
Dear Op,

Did I hear you correctly that CAN is destroying the peaceful coexistence in Nigeria?

I laugh Shariamaniacally!

Look inward, search your soul and conscience carefully that you might be be able to remove the log in your eyes so as to be able to remove the specks from your neighbour's eyes.

The last 7 years of brinksmanship of the Buhari Islamic regime has created a justifiable and palpable fear for all non-Muslims and not just CAN as a body.

Allowing Tinubu (a Muslim) and Shettima (also a Muslim) to take over the reins of power under this unpalatable situation created by Buhari is tantamount to an endorsement of the many evils of the Buhari Islamic regime.

The Abiola spirit of June 12th, 1993 has long been frittered away by the Islamic President Buhari maladministration ably supported by your likes who turned a blind eye to the many debilitating and divisive Islamic agenda in a supposedly secular state.

#NoToMuslim-Muslim Ticket!
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by sreamsense: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2022
BobbyZrealist:

Boko Haram started July 2009 during Musa Yar'adua's tenure.
They started by attacking Churches and Christians,that was at the initial stage when Muslims turned a blind eye......but you know! "What goes around comes around
That was the same period Muhammad Yusuf an Islamic leader was caught and killed by the Nigeria police.
YAr'adua gave Militants amnesty,Buhari gave Boko Haram amnesty.

Talibans have killed more Muslims,just like Al-Shabaab,ISWAP and Boko Haram.
That does not change the fact that they are all Jihadis organization.

So stop twisting facts.
Show proofs.
Scoring home-goal is permitted in football, but that doesn't mean each team doesn't know its opponent. Bokoharam and other terrorist organizations killing Muslims is never the agenda, Christians are the main target opponents; atimes when they throw bomb, they score home goals because bomb can't distinguish between Christian and muslims, but number one enemies on their lists are Christians.

And those Christians captured are forced to adopt Islam; by breeding terrorism, banditry and violence all over the world, Islam has offered humanity more harm, doom and global violence than good. Almost all the terrorists around the world have their backing from Qurans and not Bible
Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by adebayo987: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2022
Why a Muslim-Muslim/Xtian-Xtrian ticket is dangerous for Nigeria today

Nigeria of today is not Nigeria of the past. I will point out facts why the topic above is true.

A lot of people said Osinbajo being the Vice president of Nigeria as at today is a Christian but it's not helping matters owing to the fact that there are still attacks on Christians. Well, we'll find out soon why that thought is wrong.

You can recall in 2014 to 2015 that most of the Muslim communities protested against GEJ the President of Nigeria then. And it was well pronounced that Boko Harams were the voice of most Muslims in Nigeria then. They thought that Christians has taken over Nigeria so they started killing Christians and burning down churches. When GEJ invited them to a dialogue, they specifically said they'll only listen to Buhari who is a Muslim. I can recall vividly that some communities in the North during my NYSC days in 2014 opened their communities to Boko Haram members to hold meetings and plan attacks against churches and Christians. Buhari himself said an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North then. Some communities even started paying taxes to Boko Haram to fund them (they didn't know that it will turn sore by the time they stop funding them due to bad economy downturn {the bad economy was the work of the Christian God to avenge the death of Christians murdered while worshipping Him. That's why insecurity is higher among those who once supported the Massacre of Christians on their lands than other parts of the country}).

Fast forward to today, there is peace among Christians of Nigeria today simply because the Vice President is a Christian. Assuming the president and his vice were both Muslims, and Christians were massacred in their places of worship as it is today, the Christian community would have staged a similar to #Endsars protest in Nigeria and by now maybe Nigeria would have had the fate of the Soviet Union. The Christians and the International community would have believed that the president and his vice who are both Muslims are marginalizing and massacring Christians in Nigeria.

On the other hand, if the President of Nigeria and his vice were both Christians, the Muslim community would have staged a more deadlier than #Endsars protest in Nigeria and many Christians (who are not known for carrying arms) would be killed by angry Muslim protesters.

Today, Christians are still under attack but they're at peace (no protest, no inciting of violence among themselves, no physical war against the government of the day) all because the Vice President is a Christian. Assuming Osinbajo was a Muslim same as Buhari, by now nobody knows what would have happened in Nigeria because the Christian community would have reacted violently or nursed a more effective Biafra & Oduduwa nations.

The Muslims cannot speak bitterly against a Muslim-Muslim ticket because they're at the benefiting side. On the other hand, the Christians cannot speak bitterly against a Christian-Christian ticket because they're at the benefiting side.

It is impossible at this time for any government to run a state without having security challenges. However it is more dangerous to have security challenges related to religion because it could be perceived as a threat and "attack on the North/South" if not handled carefully and justice done effectively.

This is why it is very important at this moment to have a Christian-Muslim or Muslim-Christian presidency in Nigeria.

My brother below, read the quote above.
Concerning female sports, Muslims have issues with their women participating. Please, you should Google some things before you post.

Eniitankorede:

Re: Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? by adebayo987: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2022
Eniitankorede:

My guy, you need to read this quote below;

Why a Muslim-Muslim/Xtian-Xtrian ticket is dangerous for Nigeria today

Nigeria of today is not Nigeria of the past. I will point out facts why the topic above is true.

A lot of people said Osinbajo being the Vice president of Nigeria as at today is a Christian but it's not helping matters owing to the fact that there are still attacks on Christians. Well, we'll find out soon why that thought is wrong.

You can recall in 2014 to 2015 that most of the Muslim communities protested against GEJ the President of Nigeria then. And it was well pronounced that Boko Harams were the voice of most Muslims in Nigeria then. They thought that Christians has taken over Nigeria so they started killing Christians and burning down churches. When GEJ invited them to a dialogue, they specifically said they'll only listen to Buhari who is a Muslim. I can recall vividly that some communities in the North during my NYSC days in 2014 opened their communities to Boko Haram members to hold meetings and plan attacks against churches and Christians. Buhari himself said an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North then. Some communities even started paying taxes to Boko Haram to fund them (they didn't know that it will turn sore by the time they stop funding them due to bad economy downturn {the bad economy was the work of the Christian God to avenge the death of Christians murdered while worshipping Him. That's why insecurity is higher among those who once supported the Massacre of Christians on their lands than other parts of the country}).

Fast forward to today, there is peace among Christians of Nigeria today simply because the Vice President is a Christian. Assuming the president and his vice were both Muslims, and Christians were massacred in their places of worship as it is today, the Christian community would have staged a similar to #Endsars protest in Nigeria and by now maybe Nigeria would have had the fate of the Soviet Union. The Christians and the International community would have believed that the president and his vice who are both Muslims are marginalizing and massacring Christians in Nigeria.

On the other hand, if the President of Nigeria and his vice were both Christians, the Muslim community would have staged a more deadlier than #Endsars protest in Nigeria and many Christians (who are not known for carrying arms) would be killed by angry Muslim protesters.

Today, Christians are still under attack but they're at peace (no protest, no inciting of violence among themselves, no physical war against the government of the day) all because the Vice President is a Christian. Assuming Osinbajo was a Muslim same as Buhari, by now nobody knows what would have happened in Nigeria because the Christian community would have reacted violently or nursed a more effective Biafra & Oduduwa nations.

The Muslims cannot speak bitterly against a Muslim-Muslim ticket because they're at the benefiting side. On the other hand, the Christians cannot speak bitterly against a Christian-Christian ticket because they're at the benefiting side.

It is impossible at this time for any government to run a state without having security challenges. However it is more dangerous to have security challenges related to religion because it could be perceived as a threat and "attack on the North/South" if not handled carefully and justice done effectively.

This is why it is very important at this moment to have a Christian-Muslim or Muslim-Christian presidency in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Matter How Much Igbos Show Love To Ijaws They Will Still Betray Us~pictures / Lagos Guber 2023 Results From Various Polling Units / Uberfacts Throw Shades At Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.