Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research (6373 Views)

My Life Has Not Been The Same Since I Read About Obi's N250m Money Laundring Sca / EFCC Arrests Abayomi Kamaldeen Alaka 'Awise' Over N250m Fraud / Gov. Peter Obi N250m In Three Suitcases: An Insider’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by kkins25(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Maybe Peter did not want to pay vat. In line with his Pandora tax dodging shenanigans
Infact, dodging tax is what rich people are good at....

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by donbrowser(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2022
Thinkam:

Seun was speculating, so was the writer.

The only one that sticks is the one in which he was caught, there's no way Obi would have done so continuously and not have had numerous encounters with Efcc, even governors with direct links with all federal governments from the east that have engaged in corruption have case file in Efcc ( OUK, Theodore, Rochas, even Obiano)

Until the writer, proves the continual withdrawal and not mere statements or speculation its hogwash.

I don't believe Tinubu built Lagos, so I think we should end the comparison there.

I didn't even say Tinubu built Lagos and you've admitted already. Tell me how much revenue Lagos was generating before he became governor and how much he was generating as a governor WITHOUT federal government allocation. Now compare to the jobs he created during his tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by eagleu: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Seun is doing a good job doing investigative journalism on our presidential candidates!
Waiting for his piece on the drug and money laundering cases of Tinubu, aka Bob o Chicago, and then Atiku who has been variously condemned by OBJ.
If Seun doesn't do justice to the other presidential candidates, then we would clearly understand that he is using Nairaland.com to boost Tinubu, and anyone who continues to visit the site is actively promoting his candidate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
donbrowser:

I didn't even say Tinubu built Lagos and you've admitted already. Tell me how much revenue Lagos was generating before he became governor and how much he was generating as a governor WITHOUT federal government allocation. Now compare to the jobs he created during his tenure.

That was where you were heading, this is not my first encounter with a Tinubu built Lagos supporter
The allocation that was held was for local government not state allocations(because Tinubu illegally created lcda, to create tax mules, which obasanjo was against) , Tinubu is an average and wasteful and parasitic administrator. Him and Atiku are the worst thing that can happen to this country after a disaster called buhari.

Even tho I'm certain, its either atiku or Tinubu that'll win, Unfortunately.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by OgaDeyVex: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cha E
Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by DonNeon: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Shake my head in disbelief...... Seun Hundeyin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by YourhealthNG2(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Nonsense..

If Peter Obi wanted to launder N250 million abroad or wherever, there are better ways of doing so such as converting it to dollars or doing electronic transfers.

Moreover, by definition money laundering is the process in which illegally obtained money is altered to make the translation look legitimate.

By all accounts, the N250 million was not illegally obtained. It belonged to the state government.

Seun, if you were so sure of yourself, you should have posted this nonsense on twitter. I guess you could not because of fear of the unknown.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Lamasta(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
No politician is a saint, know this and know peace cool

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Slynation(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2022
This one has finally come out plain that he's a fan of EscoBAT after much denial...!! But Una go smart by force

Tinubu's Drug case...No FP, no post found
Tinubu's Certificate Saga...No FP, no post found
Tinubu's sickeness saga...No FP, no post found

But any unverified reports against Peter Obi...FP 3 times in a row, posts from mods and owners grin

Anyways, I trust Portable to tell us the one Tinubu is directly involved in the next time he gets high...

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by donbrowser(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Thinkam:

That was where you were heading, this is not my first encounter with a Tinubu built Lagos supporter
The allocation that was held was for local government not state allocations(because Tinubu illegally created lcda, to create tax mules, which obasanjo was against) , Tinubu is an average and wasteful and parasitic administrator. Him and Atiku are the worst thing that can happen to this country after a disaster called buhari.

Even tho I'm certain, its either atiku or Tinubu that'll win, Unfortunately.

The illegal LCDA is what you're using in your state today. Yes or No.

What's the percentage of local government funds in total federal government allocation?
Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Seun(m): 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
mbos:
why didn't he steal all if his is a thief
Some thieves only steal what they think they can steal without getting caught. Smart thieves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Oilwell(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
eagleu:
Seun is doing a good job doing investigative journalism on our presidential candidates!
Waiting for his piece on the drug and money laundering cases of Tinubu, aka Bob o Chicago, and then Atiku who has been variously condemned by OBJ.
If Seun doesn't do justice to the other presidential candidates, then we would clearly understand that he is using Nairaland.com to boost Tinubu, and anyone who continues to visit the site is actively promoting his candidate.

He knows about them already. He said so. Tinubu and Atiku's past looting and criminal operations are huge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Oilwell(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
mbos:
250million only....
somebody that left 350billion for this successor

Dont mind them . Someone that was a billionaire before he became a governor stealing only 250 million naira and leaving behind 75 Billion naira. Does it sound sane?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Oilwell(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
mbos:
250million only....
somebody that left 350billion for this successor

Dont mind them . Someone that was a billionaire before he became a governor stealing only 250 million naira and leaving behind 75 Billion naira. Does it sound sane?

The funny thing about this whole story is:

1. In the story Peter Obi was not any where around the place or in the car when the when the so called money was found.

2. In the story, the money was found with one of his political appointee not peter Obi.

3.How does this connect Peter Obi = none.

4.For the past 13 years Nigeria police has been investigating this and up till today no single evidence, non single arrest and nobody has been charged to court.

Conclusion: APC has nothing on Peter Obi. Nothing at all

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by GuyWise101(m): 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

This guy be idiot

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by omenka(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
Pandora Gringori Obi, the recalcitrant petty thief. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by swaggerjack: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
Seun:

https://allafrica.com/stories/200907080557.html
https://www.nairaland.com/293959/governor-peter-obi-absolved-n250

So:
1) The local government chairmen individually wrote cheques for the purchase of 42 vehicles worth N179.55m.
2) Instead of cashing the checks worth N179.55m, the dealer chose to borrow N255m to buy the cars worth N179.55m.
3) He withdrew N255m towards the purchase of N179.55m on Thursday, in cash. Then he kept it at home until Sunday.
4) On Sunday, he learned that the governor was sending his Jeeps from Awka to Lagos for routine servicing.
5) He packed the N255m into suitcases & asked the governor's driver to deliver the money to Lagos State. Like a dispatch rider.
6) The governor's Jeeps, the suitcases and the N255m cash were found at the compound of the governor's private business.
Wtf is this cock and bull story? I believe they couldn't make up a better story because they were caught red-handed with suitcases of cash.

Question: Why did the police say the money they found was N250m when Peter Obi says that the money from his bank was N255m? wink
Seun you are asking all the right questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
these people sha......if they know the enemies Obi made in Anambra state and was never indicted once tells you the kind of man he is. but lets just allow these Afonjas continue to run all over the internet like headless chicken. i have never seen a people so filled with vile and bitterness. maybe the next allegation is that Peter Obi is transgender grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by swaggerjack: 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
Seun:
Since Peter Obi's story doesn't make sense, I had to go and look for alternative explanations of what actually happened that day.

Here's one that was written by a Tony Agbo. It was initially published on a dead news site called huhuonline & mirrored by thenigerianvoice:
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/374/gov-peter-obi-n250m-in-three-suite-cases-an-insiders-acco.html

This makes much more sense than Peter Obi's cock & bull story. It's filled with details that match the version in the police story. To those saying that N250m is too small for a billionaire like Peter Obi to steal if he wanted to steal, the allegation against Peter Obi is that it happened every month. N250m a month equals N3bn a year or N24bn over 8 years. That's a lot of money even for a humble frugal billionaire like Peter Obi.

It makes zero sense, he was caught pants down.

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Throwback: 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
eagleu:

You mean Seun is doing the job of David Hundeyin, but you are not happy his subject is your candidate?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Throwback: 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
these people sha......if they know the enemies Obi made in Anambra state and was never indicted once tells you the kind of man he is. but lets just allow these Afonjas continue to run all over the internet like headless chicken. i have never seen a people so filled with vile and bitterness. maybe the next allegation is that Peter Obi is transgender grin grin grin grin grin

Like Tinubu was also never indicted, but your type enjoy that the matter is always revisited?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
Throwback:

Like Tinubu was also never indicted, but your type enjoy that the matter is always revisited?
plea bargain. forfeiture. go and read up. i don't have strength for pointless argument undecided

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by r4bbit: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
Most of the people rushing to defend obi, didn't even read the post. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Throwback: 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
Slynation:
This one has finally come out plain that he's a fan of EscoBAT after much denial...!! But Una go smart by force

Tinubu's Drug case...No FP, no post found
Tinubu's Certificate Saga...No FP, no post found
Tinubu's sickeness saga...No FP, no post found

But any unverified reports against Peter Obi...FP 3 times in a row, posts from mods and owners grin

Anyways, I trust Portable to tell us the one Tinubu is directly involved in the next time he gets high...

So all the many front page posts devoted to Tinubu investigation by David Hundeyin is not enough for you?

You are so upset when a post that is not yet front page is focused on Peter Obi's theft?

Hypocrites want to rescue Nigeria with a failed PDP politician cum political prostitute, who at 61yrs old claim to be the youth candidate.

Have you no shame?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Throwback: 12:05am On Jul 20, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
plea bargain. forfeiture. go and read up. i don't have strength for pointless argument undecided

Was any plea bargain related to a drug charge?

Was there any criminal case made against Tinubu?

But you have time for a pointless rehashing of a case that was settled amicably.

You Obidient zombies are hypocrites.
Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by Slynation(m): 12:13am On Jul 20, 2022
Throwback:

So all the many front page posts devoted to Tinubu investigation by David Hundeyin is not enough for you?

You are so upset when a post that is not yet front page is focused on Peter Obi's theft?

Hypocrites want to rescue Nigeria with a failed PDP politician cum political prostitute, who at 61yrs old claim to be the youth candidate.

Have you no shame?
You honestly can't shame the shameless...!!

Atiku is a known thief according to his formal boss...not my handwriting!!

Tinubu aka Bobo Chicago, who claimed to be 73years old with a 67year old daughter grin who doesn't have a certificate due to the fact he was forming area boy in the neighborhood until he went into drug business and made his ill gotten wealth is contesting for Presidency and someone like you is keying behind just because he has promised to constantly feed you with agbado and cassava free of charge for the next 4years...

Yes, Peter Obi might not be a saint, but he's a bundle of integrity among Politicians in OBJ's voice...his only crime was investing state funds in private business which yielded millions of dollars back to the state coffers, mark the word Investing funds while others are Embezzling funds.. Nigeria really need this kinda "failed Politician" according to you!!

kindly juxtaposed who needs to bury his head in shame with egg face between me and you...!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research by eagleu: 12:20am On Jul 20, 2022
Throwback:

You mean Seun is doing the job of David Hundeyin, but you are not happy his subject is your candidate?

With all due respect to those not on Tweeter, Seun has to post his investigative journalism report here too, just like he did this controversial PO topic.

Like Seun to post his article on Tinubu drug case in Chicago, his outrageous tax collection company for Lagos state, and a little bit about Tinubu's nepotism which dwarfs Buhari's. People want to know the Iyaloja's qualifications to control all the markets in Lagos.
Next, he will write and post his findings on Atiku.
If he doesn't, it will be clear that NL has been a tool for Tinubu all this while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

International Youth Day: I Take Very Strong Exception To The ASSU Strike - Atiku / Compare Nigeria's President Tinubu Convoy And That Of Canadian Prime Minister / Show Some Compassion For Turai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.