Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service (37427 Views)

Flutterwave Shuts Down Barter / "Tribapay Dollar Card Is The Cheapest And Best At N705/$1" / Best Virtual Dollar Cards In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by shutupareyouGOD: 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
That’s not why they shut down..they have an ongoing fraud case in Kenya where they have been accused of open up to 50 bank accounts to launder money
Naijaguy12345:
Virtual dollars ? South Africa indeed is the giant of Africa . The notable and big time financial institutions are dead scared of Nigeria markets, hence we have something like this .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Jack500: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
Pographice:
Flutterwave ti lule

David Hundeyin has finished their life

Remain EscoBAT

Your life will lule first before Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by grandstar(m): 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
Raypawer:
Chippa is not also working, it's like they are also using flutterwave, I downloaded the app today and about to use virtual card, then I saw the notice

You're correct. Someone already informed me after I posted this. What can one do now?

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by jaxxy(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by 9jayes: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
Anyway I can provide you with your online payments both bits and bulk
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by mayo47(m): 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2022
It has always been South Africa. Govt just used the media to deceive people. GDP per capita is more important and has more impact compared to just GDP

Naijaguy12345:
Virtual dollars ? South Africa indeed is the giant of Africa . The notable and big time financial institutions are dead scared of Nigeria markets, hence we have something like this .

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by callmemakaveli: 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Although Flutter exchange rates is ridiculous but in all honesty this is bad news...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by mayo47(m): 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
You can bet on someone you don't know. Be more logical. Avoid sentiment!

SQLmastar:
I can bet my remaining 400 dollars in barter app that you don't have a PVC.
70% of "obidients" do not have PVC.
I'm afraid this election would be won by Tinubu.
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by darediamond(m): 11:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
lalasticlala:
We are writing to inform you that effective Sunday, 17th July 2022, all our Virtual Dollar cards will be unavailable for any transactions and purchases. This is due to an update from our card partner, which will cause the card service to be unavailable for an extended period of time.

Here is a breakdown of what to expect from 17th July:

1. You will be unable to make online and in-store payments and purchases using your Virtual Dollar Card(s).

2. You will be unable to fund existing Virtual Dollar Card(s).

3. Your existing Virtual Dollar Card(s) will be terminated, and the corresponding balance will be credited to your payment balance.

4. You will be unable to create new Virtual Dollar Card(s).

Urgent next steps:

1. We recommend that you unlink your Dollar Card(s) from any recurring payments, and replace with ....

https://twitter.com/FrancisProda/status/1547964592545927170?s=20&t=CnpHDvk1iuEmD96YKNkOkA
To counteract this, find a genuine online company you can directly move your Naira to and from there Get dollars and use it to fund foreign Virtual Card. The company could be a FX Firm.

You can even do Bortherless online split Arbitrage from this.

Skrill dey, Neteller dey etc.

Well, the laws they are using to Bind you and I is what you only need to Bind them too. Just Think Outside The Box, You Will SURELY DISCOVER THE KNOW HOW.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Bigchristo22(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2022
Inali:
This is a ghenghen thing. Why is this happening to us?

Anyway, I have decided to take part in the next season of the NEXT TITAN season 9. Make I win 20m and start a business abroad abeg
see your plan, you wan win 20m to invest abroad dem pursue you for the country?
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Queensss(f): 12:09am On Jul 16, 2022
They won't be missed...
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Basicend: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2022
It's attempt by FG and CBN to squash the Peter Obi 100billion online donation thing. . Since they have crippled cryto currency which aided END SARS, they don't want to dull themselves any longer.

Anything to kill that movement.

6 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Benwems(m): 12:24am On Jul 16, 2022
what was flutterwave exchange rate
how do people fund flatterwave stuff
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by chukzyfcbb: 12:41am On Jul 16, 2022
Benwems:
what was flutterwave exchange rate
how do people fund flatterwave stuff
They used black market rate and you fund it with Naira.

You fund your naira card and flutterwave converts it to dollar at black market rate + charges. It's not cheap one bit
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Benwems(m): 12:44am On Jul 16, 2022
chukzyfcbb:

They used black market rate and you fund it with Naira.

You fund your naira card and flutterwave converts it to dollar at black market rate + charges. It's not cheap one bit

okay, thank you.
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Yankee101: 12:45am On Jul 16, 2022
When you're indicted for money laundering, intl partners start backing off

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by tctrills: 12:49am On Jul 16, 2022
chiedozie198100:
now these our naija startups are begning to understand the evil draconian international monetary market.
anything from a so called third world country would be frustrated by all means.
No one farced them to be fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by ken6488(m): 1:17am On Jul 16, 2022
Reason fraud
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by sharone21(f): 2:20am On Jul 16, 2022
Our government too is not trying.....Students outside Nigeria have long been disappointed with using their normal debit cards which was supposed to be previously functional, cards are blocked.... This is the first shocker u get outside Nigeria when u plan to use the ATM machines..... I hope our dollar cards are working if not, it means Flutterwave is just reacting to what is coming or has already come.

I hope Flutterwave can still work for transfers within Africa?

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by SaiRuiMall: 3:16am On Jul 16, 2022
Vawulence City Media LGA Online Contest:
Stage 2:

Posting, which is the 1st stage has now ended.
We have now moved to stage 2.
At this stage, We will have just one contestant representing a LGA. (Eg just one contestant standing for Izzi LGA).

i. If there's just one contestant from the 1st stage for a LGA, the Contestant automatically qualifies to stage 2 unopposed.
ii. If there are more than one contestants for a LGA from stage 1, then the Contestant with the highest votes qualifies to represent her LGA at the stage 2.
iii. Each vote is #100 and will be updated on the TV as they come in.
iv. Voting Starts from 3pm and ends at 8am tomorrow morning.
v. Vote using the following details and send a screen shot

Account Name: Vawulence City Media
Account Number: 7068304019
Bank: PalmPay
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 16, 2022
I thought they said Upgrade o! It also affected PayDay as well. His twitter post said his card would be deleted but I didn't get that notification from Barter or PayDay. Can anybody truly confirm from a news source.
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by halaqasa: 4:03am On Jul 16, 2022
Tutormo:
Lemme go and withdraw my $95 remaining on the card

Use am run prop account
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by zegeijuwa: 4:18am On Jul 16, 2022
There are a million cases in UAE whereby phished credit cards were used on flutterwave. Nigerians are the crooks not that company.

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Ikpeabujo(m): 4:23am On Jul 16, 2022
SQLmastar:
I can bet my remaining 400 dollars in barter app that you don't have a PVC.
70% of "obidients" do not have PVC.
I'm afraid this election would be won by Tinubu.
go and sit down,
bragging over little things .

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by kindklemz(m): 4:34am On Jul 16, 2022
Nawao, this news just wiped sleep out of my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by Lovelyboi2022: 5:06am On Jul 16, 2022
They have picture visual card for online payment?
grandstar:
I am sure their financial partners dropped them following the money laundering case in Kenya.

I have about $4 left on my dollar card.

I learnt www.chippercash.com is a good alternative. Nevertheless, I am really gutted.
Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by NickD(m): 5:12am On Jul 16, 2022
Queensss:
They won't be missed...
You don't know what you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by seunt4ut(m): 5:26am On Jul 16, 2022
This is what happened to them

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by webhead: 5:46am On Jul 16, 2022
Oh my God, am finished.
I really need their card for ads.
And From what I'm reading, it seems chipper cash has also shut down theirs.
Please does anyone know any alternative to these two?

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Shuts Down Virtual Dollar Card Service by derecho(m): 5:55am On Jul 16, 2022
If You look deeper, he prolly is linking it to David Hundeyin.

He championed the exposé.
Tinubu is next
boolee:
it is not connected
At all. Gloating on another's failure doesn't make you successful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa / Tension In Kano As Seized N315b Textile Materials Await Burning / Ruin By Online Loan App, Don't Know How To Break Free

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.