Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Burnaboy: Love, Damini Album Review- Just How Bad Is This Project? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burnaboy: Love, Damini Album Review- Just How Bad Is This Project? (353 Views)

A Review Of Burna Boy's "Love, Damini Album" - TrendyBeatz / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Burna Boy Love, Damini Zip File / Burna Boy Wants Portable's Photo As Cover Of His New Album, “Love, Damini” (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burnaboy: Love, Damini Album Review- Just How Bad Is This Project? by afonjaman: 3:52am On Jul 16, 2022
When Damini Ogulu popularly called Burnaboy announced the title of his of 6th studio Album to be ‘’Love. Damini’’, it was met with mixed reactions going to his tendency to use more emphatic and intrepid lexicons.
Since signing to an international record label, Atlantic Records, Burna has moved from ‘Outside‘ to ”African Giant” and then ”Twice As Tall”- all compelling and concordant with his image and charisma.
”Love, Damini” as a title added very little to the wave of anticipation that normally greets Burnaboy’s album announcement.
It was the summer of 2019 when Burna announced the title of his next album to be African Giant. It was hardly surprising that he went for such a title which was perfectly fitting for someone who prides himself as the greatest musician on the planet. Whether his outburst with Coachella over the use of Small font for his name was the main inspiration for the title is beside the point- Burnaboy is definitely a Giant in his own right and he needed to codify this status into his craft.
African Giant album announced Burnaboy perfectly to the world with a long list of hit songs, followed by an endless streak of records. It became the first Nigerian pop album to be nominated for a Grammy, which in itself was an unimaginable fit just 12 months prior.
Then came ‘‘Love, Damini’‘ in 2022 after 2 years of waiting!
If there was ever a doubt about Burnaboy’s ingenuity, his latest album clears the air.
He led the way for the album with his Smash hit ‘’Last last’’ a heartbreak song that become a global sensation thereby setting the tone and expectation for the main album. His thunderous and powerful delivery on the lead single is very hard to ignore.
Catchy, appealing, memorable and relatable is the perfect way to describe ‘‘Last Last”– go and ask Tiktokers!
With ‘‘Love Damini’‘, Burnaboy proved for the umpteenth time that he is capable of doing any genre of music- he literally can’t be boxed.
The album details the journey of a young Nigerian man navigating the world as he turns 30 reflecting on his life choices, goals, dreams, hopes or the lack thereof all wrapped with a perfect blend of melody, compelling vocals and incredibly outstanding music production.
He carefully reflected on pain of heartbreak, and the sorrow of losing a loved one, while also encouraging himself to dream wildly and live intentionally.
Burnaboy’s ability to deviate from the norm of just singing about women or frivolities and committing himself to use his music to tell us about life was further accentuated by this project.
The guest features on the album could not have been better selected. He perfectly started and ended the Album with the iconic group from South Africa, Ladysmith Black Mambazo. They helped curate the tone for the project while also bringing it to a close
None of the nineteen songs on love Damini is lacking in melody, lyrical depth and rhythm
Thanks to Burnaboy’s emboldening Vocals, his 6th studio project ”lacks skips” as they say in Nigeria, Burnaboys home country.
From J. Hus’ smooth rap entry to Ed Sheeran’s duet with Burnaboy to Khalid’s sonorous swinging vocals without missing out on the Reggae chorus powerfully delivered by Popcaan and of course Victony’s Amapiano spice, every single featured artist on the Album sat beautifully on the project like Icing on a cake.
Burnaboy has outdone himself again just when we all thought he could not do better than Grammy-award-winning ”Twice as Tall”.
This must be not just the best album released by Burnaboy but the best released from the entire continent in the last five years.
I honestly don’t know if Burnaboy will ever be able to do something better than this.
So just how bad is this album?
It is really bad if you mean ‘badass’, it is a badass album- the best I have seen from an Afropop star!
I will be surprised if Love, ”Damini” does not add another Grammy award to Burnaboy’s shelf.

Source: https://burnaboy-library.space/burnaboy-love-damini-album-review-just-how-bad-is-this-project/

1 Like

Re: Burnaboy: Love, Damini Album Review- Just How Bad Is This Project? by Ahmed0336(m): 3:58am On Jul 16, 2022
I don't know if it's me, I prefer African giant to this.

1 Like

Re: Burnaboy: Love, Damini Album Review- Just How Bad Is This Project? by Flora2Sweet: 5:06am On Jul 16, 2022
I prefer twice as tall than this... But the Album Dope, just not for me sha
Re: Burnaboy: Love, Damini Album Review- Just How Bad Is This Project? by Mhurfhy(m): 5:56am On Jul 16, 2022
OBO still remains the best.

(1) (Reply)

The 15th Headies: BXNN Dedicates Net Rated Award To Late Mum (video) / I Found It Hard To Sleep. Music Singer Tekno Says After Quitting Smoking For 24 / Need Latest Dj Mix 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.