Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock (32269 Views)

Moment Akpabio Was Stopped From Using Same Door With VP Shettima In Aso Rock-VID / Photos From Renewed Hope Concert For Tinubu/shettima In Abuja. / Northeast APC Youths Declare War Against Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by MediMedi(m): 6:50am On Jul 16, 2022
Any christian protesting on this is actually not rooted in christian-doom, after all Nigerians have been through under the broom party?

Protesting so as TiNuBu should change his running mate to a christian or what? ?
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Honjoshy4u: 6:52am On Jul 16, 2022
They're doing well. We must reject the evil called APC, Tinubu the wicked old insensitive man and Shetima the Boko Haram commander that kidnapped over 300 beautiful Chibok girls.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Eddygourdo(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2022
They should go and sit down. Protest using your PVC at the polls in 2023
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Tooreda: 6:56am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

By presenting a winning formula?

Why don't you support your obituary and leave APC to their problem.

You ibos have kuku said they will lose, are you guys not suppose to be happy? Why Lamenting and wailing?

Winning formula is romancing with known terrorists? What is wrong with you people? Bomb blast does not segregate. You will all be served.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by zeenaman: 6:57am On Jul 16, 2022
Fools. They are being used, they want BAT to feature a defeatable candidate so that they can rejoice. We know what your headache is, it's not about religion
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Honjoshy4u: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

You ibos have kuku said they will lose, are you guys not suppose to be happy? Why Lamenting and wailing?

See how foolish you decided to be this morning.
Is it not APC members and their leaders that are protesting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by izubext007: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2022
Why are they protesting? Are they returning APC to power
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:02am On Jul 16, 2022
[quote author=coast2sahara post=114775113][/quote]
But their protest is not selfish to you. Continue sad
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:03am On Jul 16, 2022
coast2sahara:

Your comment is quite selfish and self serving.
But their protest is not selfish to you. Continue sad
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Originalsly: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2022
Hmmm..... these are some funny Christians.... their fellow Christians are being kidnapped.... slaughtered... homes destroyed but they remain silent. A Muslim selects a Muslim as his running mate in his political party .... and Christians are soooo upset that they organize a protest? Funny Christians.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Paullo19: 7:07am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

It's a pity u are being tribalistic..u think this is about the Igbos?? People like you who are party members who don't care about the wellbeing of the country is our problem...this is more than tribalism..if u are in support of someone linked to bokoharam and see IPOB as bad then u have something wrong with u. Between both groups who have inflicted more pains in the country..I don tire for all of una for this country I swear...I no know wetin una dey use think..I swear..see u 2023 sha..
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by zedman1(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2022
The attitude of the Nigerian masses was the reason I chose not to vote in the last elections. It's either you're presented with sh*tty candidates then the crowd forces you to choose between the lesser evil or some other sh*tty exhibitions like this. This thing is simple logic. You don't want the Tinubu man to win, you believe he will loose for being insensitive by choosing a Muslim vice( to me, he was in the most difficult position among the others to make decision in the VP selection process), he chose a Muslim, has he won? Why the protest?
You have a choice too. Go to the ballot and make things right if it's wrong rather than provoking the very people you say you don't want. Humans tend to like doing what you tell them not to, I see all these noise instead as a campaign for, not against the Tinubu you don't want. I don't see the necessity of this protest. Last last I hope all these noise won't make me shun voting next year again. Nigerians attitude over tire me.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by duality(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2022
The reasons for this is because elections are brazenly rigged in Nigeria. This wouldn't have been an issue is not for rigging.

A situation were people manufacture 1.2M votes where 500k people reside.

They tell you that 900k people have registered and collected PVC, even when INEC can't register 30 persons in a day, with the way they operate.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Paullo19: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2022
APC isn't the only party on the ballot, just because of partisan politics, some people are ready to sell out their feature ND soul... there's no need protesting, on election day protest at the pooling unit with your PVC..it is as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Realguyman1(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

Why mentioning the Igbos? Are the Igbos the only Christians in Nigeria?

Why must everything be tribalistic to most of you here on nairaland?

To the extent that I saw someone commented that the Igbos will never vote Tinubu because he is a Yoruba man, that the Igbos don't like the Yorubas.

But the same Igbo people came out massively to vote Olesegun Obasanjo who is a Yoruba man against their own leader Ojukwu in 2003 election.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by BeigJawnson(m): 7:15am On Jul 16, 2022
Image123:
Interesting, those ones are representatives of their pockets and ipod, not Christians. i am a Christian and i will take competence over religion at any time 't'. Many of them will apply to Dangote refinery whose head is a muslim, they will fly Emirates owned and piloted by muslims. But they want to be sentimental in choosing leaders.
How many so called pastor and reverend. bishop bosses are as wicked as Lucifer to their staffs? So many so called Christian/Pastor governors and proprietors owing salaries, and oppressing their subordinates.

Point is good head and government has very little to do with religion. i will rather have the sheikh of Dubai rule me than some smooth criminal carried on ipobic wings.

Stop been a bigot and a tribalic maggot here... Been a good person is not all about religion, if you talk of bad pastors and bad bishops, are you trying to tell us here on nairaland that there ain't bad Muslims too? Those who burnt Deborah to death are what? Christains or Muslims? Those killings in tha up north, are tha killers Muslims or Christians?
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by PS712: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2022
inoki247:
Traditionalist too needs to protest say dey av been sideline we don try the first two religion buh dey are failure make we try traditionalist undecided undecided undecided

I don't know the problem of diz people sef dere are oda parties with a balance candidate go for dem or maybe dey are paid protester cos nothing dey free for diz country....

Cos I see no reason why u go dey protest against someone choice of candidate wey no fit win according to online statistics if no be paid protest....

You must be blind not to see that there are Christians in APC who have the right to demand for the VP slot and since it wasn't given to them they can protest. The APC does not belong to one religion, does it?
Was it not Babachir David Lawal that led the delegation to pick, fill and submit BAT's forms? Didn't he come out to complain and state he tried to pacify his friend BAT that toeing that line of single faith ticket will cause disharmony and suspicions especially at this moment of the country's trying times?
A time will come in the future for this single faith ticket but not definitely now, this is because the differences that we have based on ethnicity, religion and politics have been magnified to high heavens and every move to douse tension is what the country needs to make progress. There can't be growth and development in an atmosphere of rancour.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Alpharey: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

When did NORTHERN CHRISTIANS become IBO according to you. We all know what is eating this country up since time immemorial. You can't pin another person to a spot and be able to move freely. It is not possible. NIGERIA can only be going in circles because of ethnic bigots like you.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Onitola2: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2022
Fira09:
A mammoth crowd of Christians from the 19 northern states, on Friday, stormed the Aso Villa State House, Abuja to protest the selection of Senator Kashim Shettima by the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as his running mate. Tinubu once said "ija o tii bere, e tin yin ibon, okere melo Le fe pa? It's actually only tinubu that can beat atiku and save us from these fulani people, even fayose that's a pdp member said they shouldn't have gone for atiku but a southerner, but realistically, tinubu can only win by votes, with north having 19 states, it's logical to take someone that'll deliver well in north. Even in a wrong fight, always pick the right weapon.

SOURCE:VANGUARD
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Alpharey: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2022
Where are they? Pinshure or I don't believe it grin
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by bleskid: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2022
election never start tinubu my guy don fail already grin
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Idumuje: 7:23am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

You are blinded by ignorance. Nigeria has never faced this level of religious tension since its founding. This isn’t the time for reckless, desperate politicking at a cost to Nigeria’s stability

If Tinubu wins, Nigeria dies over the next four years
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by amnesty7: 7:25am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

The very well know that it is the winning team by God's Grace.
Read the piece below by a Northern Christian:

An interesting reading!!!

*A LEARNED CHRISTIAN FRIEND FROM NIGER STATE WROTE THIS INSIGHTFUL WRITE UP. KUDOS TO HIM!!!*

*Niger state started as a Muslim christain ticket. But today its Muslim muslim ticket.*
The fault is the arrogance of Christian community. An inflated balloon egoistic sense of their self importance.

When Engineer Kure wanted to go for second term. He called my Bishop jonah who was the CAN chairman of Niger state that he wants second term. My Bishop who has already turned the pulpit to anti government platform. The Bishop refused him flatly. Said he will not support him. The governor walk away. Promising that he can do without him.

My Bishop wass a strong loyalist of Jerry Gana, and Prof Jerry was against the government. Even when both were in PDP. Jerry sponsored Engineer Mustapha Sani Bello, then a minister in Obasanjo's government, and directed the Christian community to vote for PRP. We voted.

As usual, the PDP won and completely crushed the PRP. That election was really a litmus test of Muslim - Christian electoral strength in Niger sate. The entire Christian community suffer till date because of that decision of opposing an incumbent governor.

Engineer kure remains the best governor in Niger state till date. Even bringing in some christian commissioners, and his developmental drive.

Even then I knew that CAN will regret that decision. Jerry Gana led them on. And in the last minute ran away to avoid sanction for anti party activities. He fought a governor using christain Community because obasanjo promise to make him a president after him. Unfortunately he lost to yardua .

After that election the deputy governor Shem Zagbayi who is a christain became a puppet. In trying to prove to his boss that he is relevant. He went to get an audio recording of Jerry Gana and his cohort plan to destabilise the kure government. Instead of it to work for him. The recording work against him. The political stakeholders interpret it to mean that christains cannot be trusted in the politics.

Jerry rode on Babaginda back to political relevance, yet he refused to acknowledge Babangida as his godfather.
After Kure's government, apart from Senator David Umaru no Christian leader rose again to prominence (even Umaru too has lost it now). The ones making noise today are the ones Kure brought to limelight. And nobody has risen after that.
OK. There is a Christian Commissioner for justice presently, Dan mallam, but he rose by befriending the present governor Sani Bello a Muslim.

Back to Kure's regime. So all these set the stage for change of political calculation.

At the end of Kure government, Obasanjo set out to destroy Kure's legacy and he brought out his boy Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu from Pension Board Abuja and installed him as PDP governorship candidate. The zone (C) are to produce a running mate, and they quickly favoured a Muslim from there. And that is how we got the first Muslim Muslim government. After their tenure the next governments was/is still on Muslim-Muslim and nobody is even complaining again. Its now the standard.

Political Lesson 1. Self interest.
1. The same pattern of arrogance is what played out on kaduna. Southern kaduna are my brothers. But this sense of entitlement that play out in Niger state happen in kaduna. Power is negotiated. Northern muslims are like ancient athenians. Who themselves are realist like claiscal Greece. All the rhetoric of fairness, bla bla bla could not match a good negotiation that protect their self interests and their power in Nigeria. You irritate them when you make them feel guilty and putting them under obligation to support a Muslim Christian ticket. They don't care less about past favors and friendly feelings. North is like Japan and Holland. Very vast culture but they share something timeless and universe with nothern Nigeria. SELF INTERST.

2 political lesson 2.islamic culture.
In 16th century Portuguese missionaries tried for years to convert the people of Japan to Catholicism, while at the same time Portugal has monopoly to trade between Japan and Europe. They failed. It backfire. But later when the Dutch arrived in Japan. Japan was relieved. They need the Dutch for their knowledge of gun and navigation, and here they are people who careless about spreading Dutch Christian religion. Dutch want only trade. Japan king swiftly move to evict the Portuguese. From then Japan will only deal with patctical minded people.

This has greatlesson in our politics. I feel its arrogance for peopel to say Tinubu must pick a christain northerner.
North is a Muslim society. Even if we have large population of christains here and there. But cumulatively, they are Muslim. And not just Muslim but practical Muslim culture like Japan with their own Japanese culture. Colonial masters try to impose Christianity on them. And it failed. Toady South is trying to impose securalism on them.it will also fail.

Northern relationship with South is purely self interest. trade and development. South should stay clear of their religion and islamic culture. They hear your criticism of shariah in the North, hijab judgement, blasphemy, and name calling of almjiri, and numerous social issue that reflect your mind versus their cherished culture. All these come together to inform their opinions.

If you want something form north. Talk about something that will protect our self interests and you bypass this religion issue and talk about how you can help arewa with military operation of superior guns, Sophiscated weapons, superior navigation that will flush out bandits and restore security on our farms and homes.Or talk about our r trade. Our society.

*But get the hell out of preaching political fairness in Muslim Christian ticket. That will never sell here. We don't even want to hear it.*

Conclusion.
The sad reality is that this Muslim Muslim ticket will work. Crush the opponents. And get elected. And nothing will still happen. We the christain community will lose out. Not because we didn't vote. But inspite of our votes against it. It still prevail.

Why is it that always, always, its only the Muslims brothers that are fighting to protect arewa.

On Northern interest, our hausa fulani have done more than enough to protect it politically . Northern Chrustains are not found in the fore font. I hardly hear a christain governor speaking for the North. I hardly hear a northern Christian talk about one north. One people. Look at the igbo christain shouting biafra. Biafra. Nnamdi kanu want to die for it. How many northern Christians have spoken fiercely on arewa project. The South insult us. You join them to insult your brothers.

When its time to share office. The christain are coming out to say fairness. Redistribution of someone else reward. So that you take from those that deserve it amd give to those who don't. No way.
My advise to my Christain community in the North. Repent. Start protecting arewa interest today. When you do it with sweat. One day. One day. You will get to represent the beehive or in human language. The Northern region.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Hiltaux(m): 7:31am On Jul 16, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Why the protest. Very unnecessary. If you don't like the decision vote for another party. We are in a democracy

My brother I don't understand. Why all these headache. Vote another party if you don't want them, simple!
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by gracealonev: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2022
alsudan:
APC wants to burn this country to the ground.

I regret not heeding Pastor Bosun Emmanuel's intense warning in 2014. But thankfully, I got my senses back before 2019.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Soukiss(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2022
na by force to vote apc or must apc win the election is very simple if u no like d colabu of mm change to another party
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Realguyman1(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2022
inoki247:
Traditionalist too needs to protest say dey av been sideline we don try the first two religion buh dey are failure make we try traditionalist undecided undecided undecided

I don't know the problem of diz people sef dere are oda parties with a balance candidate go for dem or maybe dey are paid protester cos nothing dey free for diz country....

Cos I see no reason why u go dey protest against someone choice of candidate wey no fit win according to online statistics if no be paid protest....

APC is the ruling party and Nigeria is hardly know for anything good. So have the right to speak out now that they still have the chance

APC is a well know rogue party that have no regards for rule of law. Even the military ruler then have more respect for the people compare to this wicked APC (apart from only same buhari military regime, who now still happen to be the first APC president).

Power is with APC, and they can decide what happen on the election day wether Nigerians like it not. If APC want to remain in power, they don't need our votes to do so, because this is Nigeria where bad always outshine good.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Livingstone124: 7:37am On Jul 16, 2022
Jack500:

Ibo kill there. Aboki.
Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Christians Protest Against Shettima In Front Of Aso Rock by Livingstone124: 7:39am On Jul 16, 2022
Image123:
Interesting, those ones are representatives of their pockets and ipod, not Christians. i am a Christian and i will take competence over religion at any time 't'. Many of them will apply to Dangote refinery whose head is a muslim, they will fly Emirates owned and piloted by muslims. But they want to be sentimental in choosing leaders.
How many so called pastor and reverend. bishop bosses are as wicked as Lucifer to their staffs? So many so called Christian/Pastor we governors and proprietors owing salaries, and oppressing their subordinates.

Point is good head and government has very little to do with religion. i will rather have the sheikh of Dubai rule me than some smooth criminal carried on ipobic wings.
we don't know you as a Christian.Aboki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Have Raised Over ₦10 Million In 24 Hours For Peter Obi Campaign: Aisha Yesufu / Atiku Wins Bauchi State Presidential Election / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.