Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) (35955 Views)

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) / Before And After Looks Of A Mansion Totally Submerged By Floods (pics/video) / Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by ljoh: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
What a man can do, a woman can also help her man.

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
Most of the men can do what she did.

Personally i can fix it
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by olatade(m): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2022
You should have purchased the original shower mixer other than this 8k Chinese one you got. It won't last you 7/8months. Speaking from experience.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by bepositive11: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
BESTScientist1:
Say no to Bula Blue Bula bla

Lol. You guys are too much grin grin grin
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by 360command: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
So my plumber disappointed by not showing up, I had to fix my daughter's bathroom dripping leaking double tap myself.
It was not as hard as expected, I just had to understand the process. I also took pictures of the old tap and its components which helped me to assemble the new one with some ease.

This video details the process of dismantling a faulty tap and coupling a new one. We can achieve anything if we put our mind to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz73qBpbqOs
na the tools wey dey available for house(even though no be d right tools) na watin u go use take improvise to do the task at home.

According to OSHA rules on safety, dem tell us say make we always use the right tools for the right jobs.

The right tool for the job will be a crescent wrench � or pipe wrench but I will use a crescent wrench for that task you are doing.

The thread is called a Teflon tape and the black rubber is called a gasket.

Good job super woman for doing the task yourself. �

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by shortgun(m): 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
You did so many things wrong in the video you posted.
You are lucky the water supply in your apartment is not under high pressure and the mixer is not tightened properly grin grin
You are using an electric plier for plumbing work? grin

Good job all d same
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by morinto: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nothing special here. Woman are normal people that are useful to the Labour Market. For UK women dey drive big bus and trailer
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Exceed15: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2022
Welldone. You are great mother. God keep your daughter.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
Octopusssy:

Please ignore all hateful and nasty comments. What they are doing is projecting their frustrations online

Yea I know. I developed thick skin here on Nairaland grin I don't allow them get to me.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Ara21(f): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Thank you so much.

You are not only good in cooking, can also do little things in the house, truly a homemaker.
You look more beautiful without makeup, that your dp made me think you were an old woman.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Gboliwe:

You inspire me!

I have the exact tap in my bathroom and interestingly, it is leaking. I have pliers and screw driver. I will get the tap head and do this over the weekend

Thank you so much.
You will sure fix the tap, take a picture or video before loosening the old one. It helps when assembling the new one. It took me about 30 minutes to fix.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
zolajpower:

Who said ? I'm close to 50 and I'm learning the plumbing skills now .

That's great. A skill is what no one can be able to take from you.

Sometimes I wish I had acquired more skills than the certificates but they are all useful.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

Mama de mama...

Na everyday you dey surprise US.

I'ma fine cool dude, do you have a junior sister?
I'd like to marry her.

grin grin grin

All my big sisters are taken, am the last baby.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2022
Heffalump:

It's called DIY. No plumber can collect her money with this skill

True. After a week of fixing this, the plumber kept calling and apologising to come do the work. Apparently he had out of town work and was dribbling me. He can never believe I fixed it. He will think I got another plumber.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by kacheezy: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
The plumber did not come because he knew you wanted him to lay a pipe, not to fix your tap.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ara21:

You are not only good in cooking, can also do little things in the house, truly a homemaker.
You look more beautiful without makeup, that your dp made me think you were an old woman.

Hahahahahaha, am a small girl oooo

Thank you for the compliments.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
360command:
na the tools wey dey available for house(even though no be d right tools) na watin u go use take improvise to do the task at home.

According to OSHA rules on safety, dem tell us say make we always use the right tools for the right jobs.

The right tool for the job will be a crescent wrench � or pipe wrench but I will use a crescent wrench for that task you are doing.

The thread is called a Teflon tape and the black rubber is called a gasket.

Good job super woman for doing the task yourself. �

Thank you for the proper names of the work tools. I just like fixing things around the house and it gives me a sense of fulfillment cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by deji17: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Chasing after work men/women for the work I will still pay is so frustrating. Most times I put my mind to it and I always find a way to fixing things.

I am like that too. I hate having to chase them. And I like how you said in the video that you have done better things than the plumbing work. But those Plumbers and other work men think they are doing the most important thing for you. Even take advantage in the process.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by garriAndsugar: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good one.. apart from serious electrical issues I love fixing things myself.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
shortgun:
You are lucky the water supply in your apartment is not under high pressure and the mixer is not tightened properly grin grin

Good job all d same

Am not a professional plumber nah.
I made use with the tools available to me.

I try sha.
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
deji17:

I am like that too. I hate having to chase them. And I like how you said in the video that you have done better things than the plumbing work. But those Plumbers and other work men think they are doing the most important thing for you. Even take advantage in the process.

I have done better things ooooo grin

Work men shakara dey too much sometimes.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by garriAndsugar: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
shortgun:

Good job all d same
She did it correctly especially the most important thing by putting off the water supply

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Good one.. apart from serious electrical issues I love fixing things myself.

Fixing things around the house gives me a sense of responsibility, like am not redundant in this house grin
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by garriAndsugar: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Fixing things around the house gives me a sense of responsibility, like am not redundant in this house grin
Nice one .
You should get a pipe wrench.. the last shower I changed didn't work with pliers as my first alternative grin

And sometimes you don't need to change everything completely too, you just change the particular part leaking and keep the rest for future use.. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by chemystery: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
So my plumber disappointed by not showing up, I had to fix my daughter's bathroom dripping leaking double tap myself.
It was not as hard as expected, I just had to understand the process. I also took pictures of the old tap and its components which helped me to assemble the new one with some ease.

This video details the process of dismantling a faulty tap and coupling a new one. We can achieve anything if we put our mind to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz73qBpbqOs

Good job.

Next time use a pipe wrench instead of pliers.
You can buy one in a tool shop.
Also, the white tape is called a teflon tape. Just to help you with some terminologies grin

Good job once again.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Streetmovement(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Abeg cut small soap give our nairaland slayqueens, hard core feminist and more grin

You did well cool

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by LOVEGINO(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2022
meobizy:
As a woman? Female plumbers are a thing. Now go and learn the skill in a workshop.
no need my dear. YouTube make things easy.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Luiz321: 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2022
NotKnown:
So what's so special here?

Women will do something normal and start screaming for recognition.

If they do something men usually do, we won't hear word again.

They bard hair in a saloon, next thing they post pictures and start screaming boss lady, or strong woman.

They do mechanic work, straight to camera.

They drive truck or Keke, the same thing.

But men have been doing these things without noise.

Men will make women's hair even better than the women, but won't make noise.

Men will cook better than them no one will make noise.

Yet same women will always be the ones to shout what a man can do, a woman can do better. If you can do it better, do it na and stop disturbing us.
Shebi they were clamoring for equal rights with men? Then they should expect equal work load as men.

Abeggiiiiii
be like say one woman don vess you this evening!! You Dey para oo grin
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Jonfort(m): 3:52am On Nov 25, 2022
[quote author=chemystery post

Good job.

Also, the white tape is called a teflon tape. Just to help you with some terminologies grin

Good job once again.[/quote]

Thumbs up for you.

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Ofemmanu1: 6:09am On Nov 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin grin grin
All my big sisters are taken, am the last baby.

Chai, I don miss.

Good morning ma!

1 Like

Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by Nobodysboo(m): 6:09am On Nov 25, 2022
#BLACKCHULLY YOU WANT MAKE WE DO ROLE PLAY ONLY YOU AND PLUMBER TELL ME WETIN DEY DO YOUR SINK... IF I USE DIS MY BIG PIPE PUSH YOU FROM UNDER THE ORGASM WE GO HIT YOU, YOU FIT GO LAND FOR ZINC
Re: My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:47am On Nov 25, 2022
chemystery:

Good job.

Good job once again.

Thank you so much, I will consider buying this pipe wrench.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme / FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.