Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair (37711 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / How Do I Use Coconut Oil To Stop Hair Breakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by boatbaby(f): 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
Please does anyone know any hair repair product, my front hair is almost gone am turning to iya mi leko.

PLEASE, your recommendation will be appreciated thanks.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by TheBBF(f): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2011
Bald? Ok First things first, you need to determine what is causing you to lose hair. What hair styles do you normally wear? You have to be careful of certain hairstyles and the way they are done. Certain styles cause damage to your hairline. For example ghana weaving and braids. If either styles are worn for too long or done too tight, they can destroy your hairline. Also how often you style your hair this way could damage your hair line. Sometimes its just good to let your hairline rest.

Some people also have weak hairlines so the slightest tension or stress there can affect it. Make sure you keep your hairline well moisturized so that it can thrive. Sometimes you have to pay special attention to that area. Try getting raw shea butter and rubbing just a little bit on your hairline each night. The healing qualities of shea butter can help repair damaged follicles. Another remedy is castor oil. You can get castor oil in any pharmacy; apply a little castor oil to your hairline at night and watch for improvements.

But remember you also need to take care of your whole hair. Try and wash and deep condition your hair more frequently, this will improve the overall health of your hair. And avoid styles that pull and stress your hairline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by iice(f): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^Can the castor oil be left on? I mean not washing it off the next day.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by boatbaby(f): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2011
normally i do weave on and i dont let them pick the front bit at all so i dont know why its breaking so bad
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by TheBBF(f): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2011
Yes castor oil can be left on, you just need to make sure to use it sparingly. However that being said, you do need to wash your hair more frequently when using it. you should apply it every other day 3x a week, then wash your hair at least once a week. If you find the castor oil to heavy for your scalp dilute it with extra virgin olive oil (the cooking kind) 50% olive oil and 50% castor oil.

If you are wearing a weave and since you are just putting it on your hairline, you can actually just wash your hairline area only. castor oil is extremely thick so you may want to wash your hair and scalp more frequently to prevent clogging and build up on your scalp.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by boatbaby(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ok dear, i will try the castor oil and see the result.

thanks a lot thi is very helpful, ps: if you know any other thing let me know, thanks
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by sulesule1: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
Hey love, the truth is when we fix weaves, we think our hair will not break but it does, we are black and we need to put oil on our hair everyday especially if it is out! you should either put in leave in conditioner eveyday, or you should use some hair cream eveyday on the part of your weave that is left out! because of the dryness of the hair it breaks! so make sure you put in hair cream everyday while ur weaves are in
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by InkedNerd(f): 5:48am On Jul 30, 2011
sule sule:

Hey love, the truth is when we fix weaves, we think our hair will not break but it does, we are black and we need to put oil on our hair everyday especially if it is out! you should either put in leave in conditioner eveyday, or you should use some hair cream eveyday on the part of your weave that is left out! because of the dryness of the hair it breaks! so make sure you put in hair cream everyday while your weaves are in

You know you don't actually need to do it put oil on your hair everyday. Too much moisture on the hair isn't good. I do agree that moisturizing is good for hair but not everyday. When you do it everyday, you run the risk of having greasy hair tongue

1 Like

Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by iice(f): 5:50am On Jul 30, 2011
TheBBF:

Yes castor oil can be left on, you just need to make sure to use it sparingly. However that being said, you do need to wash your hair more frequently when using it. you should apply it every other day 3x a week, then wash your hair at least once a week. If you find the castor oil to heavy for your scalp dilute it with extra virgin olive oil (the cooking kind) 50% olive oil and 50% castor oil.

If you are wearing a weave and since you are just putting it on your hairline, you can actually just wash your hairline area only. castor oil is extremely thick so you may want to wash your hair and scalp more frequently to prevent clogging and build up on your scalp.

Thanks i will try this out.  If i make it to the pharmacy lipsrsealed
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by sulesule1: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

You know you don't actually need to do it put oil on your hair everyday. Too much moisture on the hair isn't good. I do agree that moisturizing is good for hair but not everyday. When you do it everyday, you run the risk of having greasy hair tongue

My bad, mine gets really dry thats why i put it in everyday, so i guess you should put the amount that you need to keep your hair from getting too oily and too dry!
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by TheBBF(f): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2011
I agree with Sulesule. You have to make sure the hair you leave out when you install a weave, is well maintained and moisturized. But I would also like to point out that oil doesn't moisturize the only thing that can actually moisturize or hydrate your hair is water. So make sure the first ingredient in your hair cream is water. Oils seal in moisture, but they can also seal out moisture, suffocating your hair, so be careful with hair oils and creams.

the reason I said shea butter and castor oil is because of their healing properties, and both are meant to be applied to the scalp only. Not the hair. If you apply them to your hair you run the risk of build up which will suffocate your hair and ultimately cause breakage. So be careful.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by InkedNerd(f): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2011
sule sule:

My bad, mine gets really dry thats why i put it in everyday, so i guess you should put the amount that you need to keep your hair from getting too oily and too dry!

lol, its ok. I guess for some people it depends on their needs. For me, I can put oil in my hair maybe once or twice a week. At times, I just use hair butter(s) or leave-in products.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by queenesthr(f): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
Introducing T444z Hair Growth Cream.....

Amazing hair food made of all natural ingredients - Aloe, Herbal extract, Rose oil, Chamomile, Menthol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Castor Oil, Peppermint, Papaya Extracts, Vitamin A, Carrot Extracts, Shea Butter and Essential Oils.

For incredibly long hair - massage into clean scalp thrice every week.

Adds length,volume and thickness.

Repairs hair line

Helps to reverse thinning hair and hair loss.

Available online at wwww.konga.com/queenesther-s

Contact me on 08034708929 or chynweod@yahoo.com with any questions

Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by queenesthr(f): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
You can also try Rogaine for Women (Minoxidil 2%) treatment
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by tpia5: 5:26am On Aug 06, 2011
go natural for a while.

weave applies pressure to the scalp.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2011
I had this same problem and I had to cut my hair. . .Now my front hair is all grown. . .I decided to keep off relaxers, weaves and braids. . . I'll go the natural route. . .
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by boatbaby(f): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
thanks people. thanks for all your contribution, i think my mistake was that i don't apply hair cream the way i should and the inability to find the right product as well but i will try you have said
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by razznaija(f): 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
A lot of factors affect hair health, for ev=xample you might be stressed, so try to relax, or the change of weather might be a factor, but stop wearing weaves, don't retouch your hair, for like 20 weeks
apply castor oil, it helps thicken the hair and improve growth
use shae butter and coconut oil with carrot oil to moisturise your hair. I don't know where you live but if you can find a store that sells african black soaps buy it and and use it as a shampoo. And if your over 35, good luck on that.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by boatbaby(f): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2011
Thanks people i have bought the castor oil and the sheer butter, I will give you feedback on the result. Thanks a lot for you time and contribution God bless
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by angelarababy(f): 9:17am On Mar 27, 2012
wow~~great news,here is a discount sale,no matter where u is,if u buy a wig,it will be free shipping.it's a good news absolutely.dear,don't miss this chance.here is the link
http://www.royalmewigs.com
http://www.royalmewigs.com/lace-human-hair-wigs-special-offer-in-stock-c-10_14.html special sale in stock
http://www.royalmewigs.com/lace-human-hair-wigs-extensions-and-wefts-c-10_18.html wefts and hair extention kiss
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by dilimtex: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
Its sad that too many ladies(0men inclusive)are ignorant of proper hair care regimen until it becomes aproblem or they start going bald.

A particular range of products i confidently and authouritatively recommend with excellent results is the 100% herbal Ayurvedic AMAZING HERBAL REMEDIES from India.Its all herbal and really works.

Replace your hair care products with these range of hair growth and hair loss treament products to fill out your receding/balding hair line, correct damages due to too much usage of chemicals , treats premature grea hair and generally gives your hair a bouncy, lustros and darker look.

For FREE consultation, call 08023871004 or visit www.herbalfasthairgrowth.com

Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by brownusagirl(f): 8:00am On Jun 09, 2012
boatbaby: Please does anyone know any hair repair product, my front hair is almost gone am turning to iya mi leko.

PLEASE, your recommendation will be appreciated thanks.
idk if they sell it in nigeria but order doo gro and dr miracle. That can help. Also get some aphogee two step reconstructor to stop the breakage asap. Also do not use glue weaves without a wave cap on your head. Do not let that glue get in your hair. Get sew ins. My hair broke off horribly before I started getting them and now it grows like weeds. Also don't get a relaxer so often. Go like every three to four months or longer.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by brownusagirl(f): 8:01am On Jun 09, 2012
iice: ^^Can the castor oil be left on? I mean not washing it off the next day.
yes
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by boatbaby(f): 1:19am On Jun 26, 2012
Thank for the reply....I have tried both product in the past but I see no changes, maybe it's because of my inconsistency. I will try to get it again
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by angelarababy(f): 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
why not try the wigs?the fast grow products are always not useful.
boatbaby: Thank for the reply....I have tried both product in the past but I see no changes, maybe it's because of my inconsistency. I will try to get it again
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by marvelU(f): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Avoid tight air style.
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by meetmal03(f): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by meetmal03(f): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by HairBuilders: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
If you are finding it hard to grow your front hair. The best solution for you is a hair building fiber like Sevich or Toppik. These give you immediate results of fuller front hair in less than 5 minutes. While you are busy using all these products from Castor oil to Virgin hair cream to grow your hair , Sevich Hair Building fiber provides you with an immediate solution to make your front hair look fuller. You can use it with any hairstyle. You can get yours on Konga or Call 09099155388.

Watch this video to see how it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nRDTc7c19s

Re: Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair by Kevkain: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
LOOK NO FURTHER....DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR BALD HEAD REVERSAL IS POSSIBLE...
I HAVE BN THERE BEFORE..I HAVE EXPERIENCE MORE THAN WAT U HV EXPERIENCE..
I HAVE A PASSION TO HELP NAIJA GUYS REGAIN CONFIDENCE AGAIN...
U AR NOT alone in this journey

I have created a WhatsApp group specifically for this bcs I reciev ALOT of emails from guys who are realy desperate to know d right combination that works.
contact me for an expert coaching for free. kelvcain@gmail.com
wat I need from u is ur obedience to instructions..... because I will be very happy for u to comeback here and tell nairaland that it works and u now understand d right combination that works.. 0813 334 6974 I wil b happy to help u..feel free to ask any questions....
group name.
NAIJA BALDSOLUTIONS FORUM.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Guest Wears A Wedding Gown To The Event (Video) / DPO Slaps Oyo Tailor, Charges Him To Court Over Poor Job / Sexy Pictures Of Latasha Nwugbe, Ambassador For 'Extra-Large' Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.