Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? (1316 Views)

Who Really Is Jesus? / What Really Is The Rapture? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by elated177: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Isaiah 65: 11 “But as for you who forsake YHVH and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny,

Are the teachings or doctrines bordering on destiny scriptural?

Who initiated such doctrine or teaching? What prompted them to espouse such doctrine or teaching from the Scripture?

Within the context of how it is being used today by some people out there and here, where can one find such in the Scriptures?

Anyone who is knowledgeable in these matters should enlighten us.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by ajekpaks(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2022
fiction
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by AntiChristian: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
Believe in predestination whether good or bad is part of the articles of faith in Islam. Only Allah knows all things.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 5:28am On Jul 17, 2022
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Isaiah 65: 11 “But as for you who forsake YHVH and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny,

Are the teachings or doctrines bordering on destiny scriptural?

Who initiated such doctrine or teaching? What prompted them to espouse such doctrine or teaching from the Scripture?

Within the context of how it is being used today by some people out there and here, where can one find such in the Scriptures?

Anyone who is knowledgeable in these matters should enlighten us.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Jeremiah 29:11
'For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the LORD,
‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
'

Destiny as seen, in Jeremiah 29:11 above, is hidden power, the plan(s) or events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.

Destiny, is what you are supposed to do in life, and so, destiny decides your destination.

So in effect destiny, is what plans and/or, is all plans, God has for you, while destination, is what you have planned for yourself. As a matter of fact, the only person you are destined to become, is the person you decide to be. (i.e. you decide to be an ogre, jerk, bitch, intolerant, dogmatic, et cetera or you decide to be affable congenial sensitive et cetera)

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. As at the end of it all, we will have the destiny that we have deserved.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:35am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
'

Destiny decides your destination, and so destiny as seen, in Jeremiah 29:11...

Destiny is Destination.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 5:58am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Destiny is Destination.
Destiny is definitely not Destination, because destination is what you plan to reach or where you plan to go, while destiny is where reach finally.

Some people go through the journey of life, without necessarily having a destination in mind, hence they likely are destined for ....

You want to become father (i.e. destination)
You may or may not become a father (i.e. destiny)

Destination, is something you may reach or may not reach, while, destiny, is the higher power, that determines how things will unfold. (i.e. Destiny decides your destination).

American journalist, Ambrose Bierce, in his satirical book, 'The Devil's Dictionary' defined destiny as:
'a tyrant's authority for crime and a fool's excuse for failure'

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by helinues: 6:03am On Jul 17, 2022
Destiny is just an English word .
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:08am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
Destiny is definitely not Destination, because destination is what you plan to reach or where you plan to go, while destiny is where reach finally.

Even your travel ticket tells you Lagos, Suleja, Ekwulobia, Gboko are destinations your plan is when you are at home doing what you can to raise the money for ticket.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 6:18am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
Destiny is just an English word
Philippians 3:18-19
'18For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
[Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things'

You are the master of your destiny, because, it is in your moments of decision, that your destiny is shaped.

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by helinues: 6:20am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
Philippians 3:18-19
'18For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
[Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things'

You are the master of your destiny, because, it is in your moments of decision, that your destiny is shaped.

So you are saying our politicians are destined to be useless?

The armed robbers are destined to rob , so as Boko Haram and bandits right?
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 6:23am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Even your travel ticket tells you Lagos, Suleja, Ekwulobia, Gboko are destinations your plan is when you are at home doing what you can to raise the money for ticket.
Keep the truculency going. OK?

FWIW, the last Kaduna-Abuja train attack, even travel ticket said, destination Abuja, however that wasnt destined to happen, as planned, so we clearly see that destination is not equal to destiny

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 6:31am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
So you are saying our politicians are destined to be useless?
Politicians can set out to be useful or useless

helinues:
The armed robbers are destined to rob , so as Boko Haram and bandits right?
It boils down to a matter of choice.

If you want to, you can right now, decide to become an armed robber or Boko Haram bandit, if you fancy that. Destiny is shaped by decisions and choices made.

Destiny and fate are two different things, so please to get them mixed up together

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by helinues: 6:32am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
Politicians can set out to be useful or useless

It boils down to a matter of choice.

If you want to, you can right now, decide to become an armed robber or Boko Haram bandit, if you fancy that. Destiny is shaped by decisions and choices made.

Destiny and fate are two different things, so please to get them mixed up together

Choice and destiny?

How?

Someone who is destined about something shouldn't have a choice
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
Keep the truculency going. OK?

FWIW, the last Kaduna-Abuja train attack, even travel ticket said, destination Abuja, however that wasnt destined to happen, as planned, so we clearly see that destination is not equal to destiny.

This is you confusing yourself with the word "journey/trip".

The destination Abuja did not stop being the destination even if they were diverted to another location or stopped in transit or terminated in transit.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 6:42am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
This is you confusing yourself with the word "journey/trip".

The destination Abuja did not stop being the destination even if they were diverted to another location or stopped in transit or terminated in transit.
This is you being truculent for the sake of it

Quick questions.
Did they arrive at their Abuja or Kaduna destination?
Have you considered that, perhaps, destiny, prevented them from arriving at their Abuja or Kaduna destination then?

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 6:57am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
Choice and destiny?
Yes, choice and destiny. Make a decision to be an armed robber and you certainly, set the motion to become one the soonest opportunity presents itself, in the nearest future

helinues:
How?
By exercise your gift of freewill in taking a choice or a making decisions

helinues:
Someone who is destined about something shouldn't have a choice
Fyi, destiny means there are going to be opportunities to turn right or left.

The act of choosing between the two possibilities, is down to you. Meaning, it is up to you, to decide, what choice between turning right or left, you want to take or make.

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by helinues: 6:59am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
Make a decision to be armed robber and you certainly set the motion to become one in the soonest nearest future

By exercise your gift of freewill in taking a choice or a making decisions

Fyi, destiny means there are going to be opportunities to turn right or left.

The act of choosing between the two possibilities, is down to you. Meaning, it is up to you, to decide, what choice between turning right or left, you want to take or make.

You are just being running around the circle.

Someone who is destined to do something don't longer have the free will to make his/her choice

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
You are just being running around the circle.
This is your get out jail free card. Right?

helinues:
Someone who is destined to do something don't longer have the free will to make his/her choice
Are you trying to argue now, that you havent got the gift of freewill then?

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by helinues: 7:03am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
This is your get out jail free card. Right?

Are you trying to argue now, that you havent got the gift of freewill then?

How can someone get free will and still be destined?

Reason it again
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:05am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
This is you being truculent for the sake of it

Quick questions.
Did they arrive at their Abuja or Kaduna destination?
Have you considered that, perhaps, destiny prevented them from arriving at their Abuja or Kaduna destination then?

As I said you confuse yourself and now you are about to be over confused for you thought that you were the only one with a destination Abuja in mind.

Satan/Kidnappers also show that they too have a destination in mind for you and can interfere with your Abuja destination

For the righteous, God too shows that He too can have a destination in mind which is different from ours and can also enter-our-affair aka "interfere" as proven by the case of the wise men from the east.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
How can someone get free will and still be destined?
Easily and simply by exercising the gift of freewill. You exercise the gift of freewill every time and every day nah

helinues:
Reason it again
What exactly you want reasoned? How or where exactly you want reasoned?

I repeat the question, you dodged. Are you trying to argue now, that you havent got the gift of freewill then?

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
As I said you confuse yourself and now you are about to be over confused for you thought that you were the only one with a destination Abuja in mind.

Satan/Kidnappers also show that they too have a destination in mind for you and can interfere with your Abuja destination.
Your truculent posture is preventing you from accepting the facts, that the travellers' had an Abuja or Kaduna destination to start with in mind or planned, but as destiny will have it, Satan/kidnappers too have an alternative destination in their mind for the travellers, which interfered with the travellers original destination.

Dtruthspeaker:
For the righteous, God too shows that He too can have a destination in mind which is different from ours and can also enter-our-affair aka "interfere" as proven by the case of the wise men from the east.
That is exactly part of the reason, why I typed that, because of and through the gift of freewill, we are the masters of our destiny/destinies.

As at the end of it all, we will have the destiny, that we deserve.

As for the case of the Magi, it is a testament to the truth that, says, the steps of a righteous man is ordered by God (i.e. Psalm 37:23) The destination, destiny and fate of the Magi, could take another turn to twist for the worse, if they had not listened to the guidance of God about taking a different route

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
Your truculent posture is preventing you from accepting the facts, that the travellers' had an Abuja or Kaduna destination to start with in mind or planned, but as destiny will have it, Satan/kidnappers too have an alternative destination in their mind for the travellers, which interfered with the travellers original destination....

That is why I said you think that you are the only one with a destination in mind for your life. I am saying others have theirs for your life. And all these are destinations.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2022
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! smiley
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
That is why I said you think that you are the only one with a destination in mind for your life. I am saying others have theirs for your life.
I careless, others have theirs for my life. That is beside the point

You seem to be the last to know, if a straw, ever saved a drowning man. Just a mere glance, ought to be enough to cause you make a despair pause and quit the despairing straw man mining, but Oh no, you are like a dog with a bone, who wont let go, thinking there's juicy meat left on the bone

Dtruthspeaker:
And all these are destinations.
What if they all are destinations?
Does it take away the fact, truth and reality that destiny IS NOT the same as destination, hmm? Like you confusingly saying that destiny is destination.

I repeat the two quick questions, earlier asked that you dodged answering or replying to:
1. Did the travellers arrive at their Abuja or Kaduna destination?
2. Have you considered that, perhaps, destiny, prevented them from arriving at their original Abuja or Kaduna destination then?

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
I
What if they all are destinations? ...

Then without any reasonable doubt, destiny is all about the destination. End of Story!
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:
'

Destiny as seen, in Jeremiah 29:11 above, is hidden power, the plan(s) or events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.

Destiny, is what you are supposed to do in life, and so, destiny decides your destination.

So in effect destiny, is what plans and/or, is all plans, God has for you, while destination, is what you have planned for yourself. As a matter of fact, the only person you are destined to become, is the person you decide to be. (i.e. you decide to be an ogre, jerk, bitch, intolerant, dogmatic, et cetera or you decide to be affable congenial sensitive et cetera)

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. As at the end of it all, we will have the destiny that we have deserved.

Dtruthspeaker:
Destiny is Destination.

NNTR:

Some people go through the journey of life, without necessarily having a destination in mind, hence they likely are destined for ....

You want to become father (i.e. destination)
You may or may not become a father (i.e. destiny)

Destination, is something you may reach or may not reach, while, destiny, is the higher power, that determines how things will unfold. (i.e. Destiny decides your destination).

American journalist, Ambrose Bierce, in his satirical book, 'The Devil's Dictionary' defined destiny as:
'a tyrant's authority for crime and a fool's excuse for failure'

Dtruthspeaker:
Then without any reasonable doubt, destiny is all about the destination. End of Story!
You slowly but surely are turning round and admitting that after all destiny is not destination

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2022
NNTR:

You slowly but surely are turning round and admitting that after all destiny is not destination

My words are very clear.

"Destiny is destination"

"Destination is all about destination".

You bend it anyway you choose to bend it, the whole world sees that it is you bending it.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by NNTR: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
My words are very clear.

"Destiny is destination"

"Destination is all about destination".

You bend it anyway you choose to bend it, the whole world sees that it is you bending it.
No matter how much you try to climb out of your rabbit hole, the fact remains that, it is a faux pas, where you said: "Destiny is destination,"

Destiny is NOT destination. Period. Quit being an ignoranus and anal about it

Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by chieveboy(m): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Destiny is simply a collection of Causes you effected in this lifetime or a Past one whose effect you have to bear even if it means being born again as an "innocent" baby who did not annoy God but God allows bad things to happen to it as people assume.

Rewards of generousity in which you find people are being benevolent to you in this lifetime or the next or having benevolent uncles or such are how you reap from being good to others. Reverse can be the case.

Life is always balanced. No chance for luck or "talent" as people think. A keyboardist or pilot would come back to a lifetime with "natural" knowledge of the piano from tender age.

When bad things happen to an "innocent" baby, the baby or anyone in which it appears life or God is unfair to is merely reaping what it sowed. Know that people do not always reap the reward of their good or evil in a certain life. To spice things up, life sometimes postpones the punishment or reward to a future life.

This becomes the person's destiny.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? by elated177: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2022
chieveboy:
Hello

Destiny is simply a collection of Causes you effected in this lifetime or a Past one whose effect you have to bear even if it means being born again as an "innocent" baby who did not annoy God but God allows bad things to happen to it as people assume.

Rewards of generousity in which you find people are being benevolent to you in this lifetime or the next or having benevolent uncles or such are how you reap from being good to others. Reverse can be the case.

Life is always balanced. No chance for luck or "talent" as people think. A keyboardist or pilot would come back to a lifetime with "natural" knowledge of the piano from tender age.

When bad things happen to an "innocent" baby, the baby or anyone in which it appears life or God is unfair to is merely reaping what it sowed. Know that people do not always reap the reward of their good or evil in a certain life. To spice things up, life sometimes postpones the punishment or reward to a future life.

This becomes the person's destiny.

I disagree with everything you said above.

The Scriptures of my Father in heaven, YHVH Almighty, disagree with all that you said above.

Talent is as real as the oxygen we inhale.

Matthew 25: 14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Also, Luke 19:11-27.

You see, each human being comes out the womb with a specific task or some tasks assigned to him or her by the Creator. He/she is also given power that commensurates with that tasks or tasks. He/she will give account of how he/she used the power/talent/bag of gold/minas at the end of the age when we all appear before our Creator.

So, luck? Nope. Talent? Yes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Always Kill Potential Children Of God / I Will Not Worship In Tb Joshua's Church, Says Adeboye / Attention Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.