Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari (43155 Views)

Did Any APC Presidential Aspirant Visit South-East? / 2023: Buhari Has Not Endorsed Tinubu, Osinbajo Or Any Candidate - Okorocha / Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by bennybuhari: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
The President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has opened up on why he was neutral and allowed delegates to vote for their preferred presidential candidate during the All Progressives Congress’ special convention and presidential primary.

The President opened up on what transpired during the buildup to the party’s convention on Saturday in Katsina when he paid a Sallah visit to the Emir of Katsina, Dr. Abdulmumin Usman Kabir, at his palace.

Speaking on what played out before the emergence of the party’s flagbearer, Bola Tinubu, Buhari explained that the delegates were given a free hand to pick him (Tinubu) in demonstrating the internal democracy in the party.

According to him, party leaders initially gave me a list of thirty presidential aspirants, out of which I was asked to pick a candidate of my choice.

The President said rather than pick or anoint a candidate, he allowed the delegates to pick the candidate of their choice which resulted in the emergence of Tinubu.

Buhari, who spoke in Hausa, said, “I was given a list of thirty (30) aspirants to pick from. Most of them were my ministers and governors. So, who will I choose or support?

“One of the governors even came to see me and asked who are we to choose.

“If I do that, it would affect my Vice President because he was listening to our conversation. I then told them to choose who they want.

“So, they elected Tinubu as APC presidential candidate.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-didnt-anoint-any-presidential-aspirant-buhari/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Xscape1993(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
Evil party.... sponsor of terrorists party....

184 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by newbornmacho(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
Weak man

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Kurutinto(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
This man should shut the fúck up. No one cares about his buffoonery again. We are OBIdiently waiting for next year to kick his ass from that seat

235 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Moh247: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
cool

This man doesn't care about 2023 or APC, he just wants to continue traveling around the world and watching his cows grow

Buhari don carry people for trabaye push them go play goal goal, still push dem score own goal

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by inoki247: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ok Pastor Buhari buh dey are all waiting for your Anointing oil......

I dey suspect say dat Aregbe rant and fighting with Tinubu na plan from dem Tinubu camp to play dem Buhari game nd also get Live info from Aso Rock.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by walefresh3(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2022
Xscape1993:
Evil party.... sponsor of terrorists party....

The response pain u well well... Stupid ipobian

214 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Ddeliverer007(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2022
Too late oga. Buhari should go and sleep abeg.

What he owes us is a free, fair and credible election else….he would go down history as the worst human in Africa, totally good for nothing.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Prudoh(m): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2022
We are seriously tired of this man

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by backtovillage: 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2022
I just pity Tinubu.
Edo election hasn't taught him any lesson.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by GreyLaw(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2022
Buhari is a very weak leader. Excellently inept!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by TheRareGem1(f): 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
Naming PYO as your successor would have been the best legacy, you prolly don't want your name be forgotten if you do so. We all know Osinbajo leadership will make Nigerians forget we had Buhari >: grin grin

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
Osibanjo would have won this election easily honestly but sorry APC or should I say thank you for helping Peter Obi

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by backtovillage: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
Tinubu still has few months to help himself and his party else Power to the People.
LP should forget it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by GamalNasser: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2022
Mumu man

6 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by MMWandali: 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
You didn't
Maybe because you support the status quo under your leadership

7 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Kurutinto(m): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
TheRareGem1:
Naming PYO as your successor would have been the best legacy, you prolly don't want your name be forgotten if you do so. We all know Osinbajo leadership will make Nigerians forget we had Buhari >: grin grin

So you know Buhari was evil and clueless afterall; but u were defending him thinking he will hand osinbanjo the ticket and coz of 30k per month crumbs you get... God will pay you all in your own coins

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Totilopussylick(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
backtovillage:
Tinubu still has few more years to change his name and help his party else Power to the People.
LP should forget it.

Don't let what is going on in Osun state to deceive you.

Next presidential election will be between Atiku vs peter obi.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by backtovillage: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
TheRareGem1:
You don't know politics. The same set of people calling Tinubu all sort of names will also do the same to YO just to sell their candidates. Even the day YO declare his intention to run, some mugus on this fourm weren't happy now you all want him instead of BAT

11 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by BIZNess123(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2022
grin

I really feel for some of the ministers who resigned and was looking for anointing from buhari...they were really scammed...
Amaechi sowie..ooo

6 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Shooyie: 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2022
I honestly think this isn't necessary anymore. We have all move on from the primaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by backtovillage: 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Don't let what is going on in Osun state to deceive you.

Next presidential election will be between Atiku vs peter obi.

Okay with zero vote in Osun. U guys need to work hard and stop all this online bullying.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by MetaPhysical: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2022
bennybuhari:
The President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has opened up on why he was neutral and allowed delegates to vote for their preferred presidential candidate during the All Progressives Congress’ special convention and presidential primary.

The President opened up on what transpired during the buildup to the party’s convention on Saturday in Katsina when he paid a Sallah visit to the Emir of Katsina, Dr. Abdulmumin Usman Kabir, at his palace.

Speaking on what played out before the emergence of the party’s flagbearer, Bola Tinubu, Buhari explained that the delegates were given a free hand to pick him (Tinubu) in demonstrating the internal democracy in the party.

According to him, party leaders initially gave me a list of thirty presidential aspirants, out of which I was asked to pick a candidate of my choice.

The President said rather than pick or anoint a candidate, he allowed the delegates to pick the candidate of their choice which resulted in the emergence of Tinubu.

Buhari, who spoke in Hausa, said, “I was given a list of thirty (30) aspirants to pick from. Most of them were my ministers and governors. So, who will I choose or support?

“One of the governors even came to see me and asked who are we to choose.

“If I do that, it would affect my Vice President because he was listening to our conversation. I then told them to choose who they want.

“So, they elected Tinubu as APC presidential candidate.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-didnt-anoint-any-presidential-aspirant-buhari/

Buhari is lying to his Emir.

He had a preferred choice and it was not Tinubu and was not Ahmed Lawan. He had planned to bring his preferred candidate out on primary day in similar fashion that Adamu was announced as Chairman but Tinubu had planted Sanwoolu and some people into ongoing progressive governors meeting to erupt chaos if it came down to it and destabilize the Arewa plan. Tinubu also had successfully infiltrated the impenetrable Arewa caucus in the NWC. Ahmed Lawan was a smokescreen, he wasn't Buhari's choice. By announcing Ahmed Lawan they wanted Southerners to react, a second announcement from the President himself would then cancel Adamu's announcement of Lawan and throw a curveball in the responses coming from South. SS and SE will accommodate Buhari choice but SW will be singled out as trouble maker, particularly following the Emi L'okan speech in Abeokuta. Buhari's choice will receive stamp of authentication and be the flag bearer. It's a smart attempt at divide & rule.

Adamu fulfilled his role in the plot. Progressive governors, led by Tinubu implants rebelled but their Northern peers begged to be allowed to approach Buhari to straighten things out. This is why it looked like their intervention saved the day. That was not the case. Buhari did not achieve his intended end goal because Tinubu representatives dismantled their plot before it had become public.

17 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Zeemam: 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2022
A big failing at that
Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Racoon(m): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
Thank Goodness because this terrorist would have passed his anointing of failure, cluelessness and catastrophe on the fella.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by FalseProphet1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
Buhari is the worse president in the history of Nigeria.

This I have seen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Mko123(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
Who the dick ask you to tell us what transpired in the scam cabinet

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Wintertime: 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
Make we hear word
That means Osinbajo was never among your plan

Osinbajo fans you all are highly welcome

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by God1000(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
You betrayed your loyal VP

10 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by ValarDoharis: 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
Bubu is so incompetent and lackadaisic to the extent that he has no plan of who succeeds him.

In a way though, it's a good thing for the Obi-dients, it means federal might in rigging will not play in 2023.

#Obi-dient

7 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari by Throwback: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2022
Only those who knew they do not have the political structures to match Tinubu were waiting for anointing oil or consensus.

Weirdly, most of their supporters on this forum are known to be anti-APC.

Basically, they all wanted APC to anoint a weak candidate they can easily defeat.

201 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Not Under Pressure To Resign – Presidency / Former President Buhari Returns To Nigeria From United Kingdom (Video, Photos) / Breakdown Of Politicians Whose Certificates Of Return Were Withdrawn By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.