Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,411 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach (24904 Views)

Man Opens Stomach Of Monster Alligator To Find Tags Of 5 Missing Dogs In US / My Puppy Has A Very Nasty Habit / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by sonnie10: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Take the dog to do ultrasound and some bloodwork. They should be able to tell you the results.

2 Likes

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Raxxye(m): 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
It's kwashiorkor!
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by HeadPrincipal: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Deworm
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Juanmike(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
All this local dog owners won't let us hear something.
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Kingpele(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kill and eat it ,so that atleast it won't be a total lose ...I don't know about dogs because am a little scared of it but i think it consumption is better than to Bury it..vet doctors in this forum will advise you to continue to waste money but we dog eaters will always advise you to eat it ,chose the one u deserve wisely
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by CaseSensitive(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Your dog is likely taking in food and/or water too fast and probably suffering from Gastric dilatation-volvulus as a result. Mine did too when she was a puppy. Get a bloat buster which will essentially break large pockets of gas into small passable gas particles but my God, the farts will stink afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Patj(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
I got this dog 3 months ago but I started noticing that the stomach is swelling. I have taken it to a vet and he drained the stomach but the stomach has started swelling again after 5 days. Please what is the solution ?

Your dog needs to be dewormed.
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by HakiimAlvista: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
Oga hunger dey this dog body. Feed am well make flesh cover those pot holes, you go see say the belle go rhyme with the body grin

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Lamasta(m): 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
inoki247:
Dog dey eat Eba u say make he balance grin grin cheesy

No be Juju be dat...

Your dog don get Diabetes shocked shocked shocked

Abi kwashiorkor self grin
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Manuel91(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
I got this dog 3 months ago but I started noticing that the stomach is swelling. I have taken it to a vet and he drained the stomach but the stomach has started swelling again after 5 days. Please what is the solution ?

I think this is a tumor (cancer)....
You should visit other Vets for a second opinion!!

Hopefully it's nothing serious...
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Enny2013(f): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
Palm kernel oil is just d solution.
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by KazikageSama: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:

You gave the dog chocolate? or any item that contains cocoa?
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Slymontee: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
If u can't take dog to vet clinic, don't own one. Ordinary deworming ☹️
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by zinaunreal(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
Go and do xray for this dog to know what's actually happening
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Enny2013(f): 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
Is this a drug ?
Palm kernel oil...
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by luckingto50: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
The dog done swallow something so take it for an x-ray
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by smile11s(m): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:

it shall be well.

https://gist.am/question/my-puppy-has-a-swollen-stomach
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by blesdman(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
He used syringe and drain white liquid from the stomach. I feed it with dog food (optimax), rice, eba. I also go to were they sell point and kill and book for the head. Lately, is getting lean and sometimes use it teeth to scrape or chew bricks.
Vets are legal dog killers. Give antibiotics to the dog..it will heal. Also give worm medicine...
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Lovelyboi2022: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
Your dog don eat poison, rat killed with poison or dead frog cry cry
Papa85:
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by MaskedBandit(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
mocoto4702:
Jrj

Wetin concern hacker consine dog big belle now??
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Germi9: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
That’s a bingooooo ..maybe kwashiorkor or he match poison grin

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by oluwatodimu1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
Hello, kindly respond to the following questions:
1. When was the pet's dewormed last?
2. What is the colour of the fluid the "Vet" aspirated?
3. Is the pet still active and eating?
4. Any history of rats interaction with the pet?
Just so you know, this could be.
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by seleroms2(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
liver issues. Take the puppy to a vertinary doctor to run test
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by abobote: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
The dog look so local

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Kvng1234: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
1st deworm the puppy and give probiotics then i hope the puppy has taken its full injections...... because if not let's jux hope its not parvovirus or a genetic kidney/liver problem
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by LuQuLuQu(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:

Stomach cancer
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
What did the vet say caused the swelling

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Stargurl20(f): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
I wish it quick recovery. Poor dog lying helplessly embarassed
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Keniwit(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Papa85:
Please were can I get it ?

Yes the guy is right ,,give it adin....I remember Abt two yrs ago my then puppy was in d same shoe.....It was a miracle when I gave it the Adin the following day....100%. Adin is liquid substance,also you will have to do is to pour little into is mouth
Re: My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Read this link to see that mods here cover evil and promote immorality, ethnicity and bigotry. Tell me why such thread has not been taken to the front page despite all the mentions?

https://www.nairaland.com/6746136/food-concepts-chicken-republic-wants#105682360

Sorry for your dog.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Introducing My Girl Ariel Of Pearl Kennel / Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria / Diary Of Mo: The Boerboel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.