Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi (902 Views)

Peter Obi Invited To Tinubu’s Inauguration By Presidential Inaugural Committee / SE Presidency: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi / Guidelines For Easing Of Lockdown By Presidential Task Force (PTF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by iwaeda: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2022
The Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, has revealed that he was still saddened by the outcome of the presidential primaries of both All Progressives Congress and Peoples Democratic Party respectively.

Umahi, who doubles as the Chairman of South-East Governors’ Forum, expressed displeasure over the role played by the people of the South-East geopolitical zone, saying the zone hid and seek attitude during the primaries, raised a question about their said agitation for Igbo Presidency.

A statement signed by the Governor’s Special Assistant on Media, Francis Nwaze, said Umahi stated this in Abakaliki, while receiving members of the Ebonyi State Founding Fathers, on Saturday.

According to the Governor, the South-Easterners didn’t demonstrate the clamour of the Igbo Presidency, during the primaries.

The statement, which was obtained by our correspondent, quoted Umahi as saying, “My heart is saddened by the outcome of the APC and PDP presidential primaries because when we were saying that we are clamouring for South-East president and it was time to demonstrate it.

“The South-East people couldn’t demonstrate it, so, it caused a lot of doubts on the sincerity of South-East on their quest but if not for anything else, I have achieved a state with proven character and content, we must be very proud of ourselves and we know that in God’s time, it will come to pass.

“My defection to All Progressives Congress, APC, was in the interest of the state and South-East in general but it was misjudged because if our people had taken my reasons seriously, probably, we would have been differently treated especially in the party that we have invested so much in since 1999. But at the end of the day, I became a prophet because all I predicted came to pass.”

Umahi expressed satisfaction with the roles of delegates from Ebonyi State during the just concluded APC presidential election, explaining it was an indication that Ebonyians were people of character and content.

He further informed the founding fathers of his wish for an elaborate celebration of his last democracy day as the governor of the state by October.

“Let me inform you that we are going to have an elaborate celebration of Ebonyi at 26 years in October, that should be my last by God’s grace and the founding fathers will play a cardinal role during the celebration.

“In the rotation of the governorship position in the state, if the North has gone, the central has gone and the South, it is equitably correct for it to go back to the North. So, within my 9 to 10 months as the governor, I want the founding fathers to discover their feats and play their roles. The founding fathers are expected to come in between the line to even resolve communities’ bad blood.

“The Founding Fathers should up their game in the making of the next governor of the state. When it was decision time on who becomes the next governor, some people believed that it should be retained in Ebonyi South, you were there when I publicly declared that nobody from the South is expected to contest for the position of the next governor and so, I have to set up a committee.

“The committee went round and came back and say that the next rotation should start from the north and I stood by that. I expect that the founding fathers will play another significant role in maintaining equity, justice, and fairness.

“I expect you all to be vocal about equity, fairness, and justice for the peace of the state. What is just is for the North to start the second circle, after the North, the central, and then the South. So, I charge you to begin to draw the charter of equity now. People will say that it is a charter of equity written in the heart, but we are alive, and I will support you to do justice to that. I have demonstrated equity, fairness, and justice to the task, leverage on that, and be vocal about it. I will not want the south or central to make the mistake that will hunt them tomorrow.”

Leader of the delegation, Chief Francis Orji, commended Umahi for his excellent performance in the recently concluded APC primaries, declaring that the governor won in their heart.

Orji said, “We are aware that your excellency asked for the number one seat in this country, the presidency, you moved on – campaigned very vigorously in every part of Nigeria – Northcentral, Northeast, Northwest, South-West, South-South, and South-East.”

https://punchng.com/im-saddened-by-presidential-primaries-outcome-umahi/
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by PresidObi: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2022
The treatment they gave you suits you right, you and Wike. You both got served.

People shouldn't have to talk down or beat down their people, or even at any people in Nigeria because he wants to get political patronage.

The people you are trying to impress will always see you as a sell out who could rat them out too at any given opportunity. Stay firm, do your thing and allow God to judge the rest.

Joe Igbokwe, I hope your watching?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Totilopussylick(m): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2022
Like a blink an eyes David Umahi suddenly want to be obidient.

But he wants to first of all play a victim of unforseen circumstances.

Surrounding why he lost the APC flag bearer ticket to Tinubu tongue tongue tongue.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by WibusJaga: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2022

Me too.
So shameful that the best the 2major parties APC&PDP could produce from the bride-laden delegate primaries were questionable characters like Atiku & Tinubu.
They purposely refused to implement secret ballot which would have eliminated bribing of delegates. Delegates could simply have voted secretly in a booth, put their vote inside envelope b4 openly casting in a ballot box.
At the end the system produced the highest bidder /bribe-giver as winner, all at the expense of competence.
If not for the bribing of delegates, Atiku & Tinubu would definitely not have won.

Even Bubu was saddened... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by blazingblender(m): 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
And you are saying it now
Please go and sit down
It become OBIdient

7 Likes

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by sotall(m): 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
undecided

This village champion that was deceived into the APC on the promise that he would be the APC presidential flagbearer.

Now nobody in the APC even knows if he exists

6 Likes

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Karlovich: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
Agbado Plus Cassava (APC) is done for good in this country, Druggie's version is being prepared ahead of the presidential elections

They think after their fake promises and assurances in 2015 and 2019 which they failed to accomplish none of them they can arrive in 2023 with "It's my turn".

When you also consider the fact that die-hard urchins are tired of APC and looking to flee the country with their families, you'll realize that there are serious problems with the demonic party

1 Like

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Karemarealty288(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2022
Umahi stfu.....Why do you envy Obi so much..........if your intentions are genuine, see your brother Obi....he is the best of the rest as of today, give him support and stop reminiscing over your failed ambition.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Odin13: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
First return the state back to Pdp before leaving office and decamping later

E go shock you..

Power to the people..
Atiku/ Okowa 2023
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Creamypie(m): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
All south east politicians are useless betrayers of their brothers Umahi, okorocha,kalu ngige et all. U sold your rights for porridge. Una go hear am well we'll.idiots

1 Like

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Creamypie(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
Karlovich:
Agbado Plus Cassava (APC) is done for good in this country, Druggie's version is being prepared ahead of the presidential elections

They think after their fake promises and assurances in 2015 and 2019 which they failed to accomplish none of them they can arrive in 2023 with "It's my turn".

When you also consider the fact that die-hard urchins are tired of APC and looking to flee the country with their families, you'll realize that there are serious problems with the demonic party
can you imagine?
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
Good morning this evening...
Na now your eyes clear or you think ApC wanted to zone it to you...hahahahh.
My friend still dey saddened o...soon you will be bereaved!

2 Likes

Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Salvador1: 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2022
Yeye man.
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by festacman(m): 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2022
Book of lamentations. Lamentations doesn't solve problem.
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Qtrpst4: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2022
The very reason the youths hate them and don't take them serious

Creamypie:
All south east politicians are useless betrayers of their brothers Umahi, okorocha,kalu ngige et all. U sold your rights for porridge. Una go hear am well we'll.idiots
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by lexxwiz(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2022
Baba I know you want to be Obidient….. stop playing tinko tinko… jump inside the movement.. you’re a good guy, we need your experience aswell.

PO23
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
Dave Umahi should simply shut up, sit down and leak his wounds. Nobody cared about their crocodile outcry.

Was there any single candidate all the Igbo aspirants qeued behind? In APC how many of them dashed APC 100million? Why didn't they sit together and come up with a consensus candidate?

Nobody cares. Our focus is voting Peter Obi whatever the outcome. All the big Igbo politicians will know how much Obidient we are in 2023.
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by Ebubu3: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2022
sad
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by iwaeda: 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
Lamentations, Lalasticlala cheesy cheesy angry grin angry
Re: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi by iwaeda: 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2022
festacman:
Book of lamentations. Lamentations doesn't solve problem.

He is regretting already grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Commissions Marriage Monitoring Team, Employs 10,000 / JUST IN: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP In Sokoto / How To Fight Corruption: Tinubu Vs Peter Obi (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.