Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,404 members, 7,843,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? (7315 Views)

Working With A Bad Boss / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by chudez0147(m): 11:27am On Feb 14, 2023
Am searching for a business partner who we can start up a Tent and Canopy business in Abuja.
I returned to Nigeria two years ago, and I've finding it difficult to start up here in Nigeria because i lack funds.
I've been into the business outside Nigeria . I started from South Africa, then I moved to Peru and then Ghana.

It was in Ghana that I met my challenge. They frustrated my business and seized almost everything.
You can look up my business page on Facebook ( Ghana tent WildRose). I also order Riri tent from direct from China.

Am trying to start up in Abuja where I already have a land for workshop.

Anybody who is interested can send me an email.
GodSpeed!
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Klass99(f): 11:29am On Feb 14, 2023
cheesy

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by ib22003(m): 11:31am On Feb 14, 2023
Document everything.
Keep your emotions in check.
Don't stoop to their level.
Try to understand their perspective.
Seek support from colleagues or a mentor.
Communicate clearly and assertively.
Look for opportunities to learn and grow.
Consider seeking a new job if the situation becomes intolerable.
Rubyjade:
How do you survive a bad boss?

It's a question I couldn't stop thinking about after writing an earlier piece on tough colleagues. What about when the boss is the one who's a bully, a micromanager, or just totally checked-out?

It's hard to think of something that matters more in a job. Your boss remains the key to everything from plum projects and bonuses to not hating your life.

It can get better, career coaches and researchers assured me.

A Survival Guide for Dealing With a Bad Boss
Life is too short to work for jerks. Here’s what to do when your boss is a micromanager, bully or completely MIA

Rachel Feintzeig
They hover over your shoulder, or send you a Slack every 10 minutes to ask about the report that’s not due until next week. They’re a screamer, a bully, an expert at lodging passive-aggressive jabs, generally in front of all your colleagues. Or maybe they’ve just ghosted you, leaving you to figure out the new gig on your own.

As long as there’s been work, there have been people who make it miserable for those underneath them. And the recent spate of job-switching has given rise to some job regret. Desperate for talent, many companies swiftly promoted new, sometimes unproven, managers and at the same time accelerated their hiring processes to snap up prospects before rival employers did, says Cate Luzio, the founder and CEO of professional development organization Luminary.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Nwachi22(f): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2023
SMJay:
Had to Re-echo this!!

Relationships will take you further than competence ever will.

Build relationship and not just skills and competence!!!

Your relationships will be the platform upon which your skills and competence will find expression.

Enjoy

You’re right.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Hamachi(f): 11:48am On Feb 14, 2023
undecided
tobidipity:

They are getting paid to manage you as well. I’m other word, everyone is a manager
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by mrsiso(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2023
Resignation is the key word.

Many atimes, fear of the unknown keeps us enslaved in a toxic work environment. These employers can't do it alone, the moment you resign and create a major gap in their business some of them will invite you for dialogue and some won't till their business collapses.

The most important thing is, if you resign today will you be missed, if not.... Try to build yourself to be missed when you resign, that's the only guarantee that you have learnt something meaningful to secure a job in another organisation or start yours.

Don't be a slave to salary, learn to enjoy a peaceful life

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Solofresh2: 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
sukkot:
quit. no time. life too short for nonsense
😁 As true as this may sound,I doubt if you have been in a situation where by if you quit,you will be left with nothing and no one to run to
A Yoruba adage says "Ori bibe kologun orififo"
I think the best option is to endure till you get what you want

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Mike008(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
Same way I survive Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by sukkot: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Solofresh2:
😁 As true as this may sound,I doubt if you have been in a situation where by if you quit,you will be left with nothing and no one to run to
A Yoruba adage says "Ori bibe kologun orififo"
I think the best option is to endure till you get what you want
no one to run to ? If after living your life for over 20 years you hsve no one to run to it’s time to look in the mirror at yourself , are you a bad person ? Are you a stingy person ? Are you an evil person ? Are you a wicked person ? Are you very tight-fisted ? Have you helped people out before etc etc

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Charly68: 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
I got my service transfered and after that he began to lament as he realized my value

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Linearray: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
To survive a horrible boss is not as straight as some of the comments I have read above. This is because of the circumstances surrounding the employment.
Well, to get the whole fact, visit Amazon, and read free of charge this book titled: HORRIBLE BOSSES.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVBXS86C?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_dp_PG74MT760PTC54F7NQ49
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by cassyrooy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
I recently left my job, my boss was just not it.

I showed too much competence that he started leveraging on solid task deliveries to play politics in the Organisation.

He bullied me into delivering from 1st to 31st monthly, I was his stallion but I plotted my exit and took it.

Since 1st January, despite the typical workload, they're really struggling to meet up.

Things that usually close on 3rd or 5th of each month lags until 13th, and the more you left Things unattended, the more it piles up.

So, my boss was a complete bully and opportunistic boss.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Nazgul: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:
Does anyone know why GTB banks are closed for work on a Tuesday Morning?

Cc: Lalasticlala
Not just Gtbank, most banks are closed. Possible reasons include.

1. They're short on new naira notes.

2. They've not received any circular from CBN to continue accepting old naira notes. So opening their branches and rejecting old notes from customers might lead to violence.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Sixfeetbelle: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nazgul:

Not just Gtbank, most banks are closed. Possible reasons include.

1. They're short on new naira notes.

2. They've not received any circular from CBN to continue accepting old naira notes. So opening their branches and rejecting old notes from customers might lead to violence.

What about those that are there for customer service nko? Not all of us need the notes all the time. ☹️☹️
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Nazgul: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

What about those that are there for customer service nko? Not all of us need the notes all the time. ☹️☹️
If it's customer service issues you want to resolve or rectify, you can reach them on Twitter, email or better still call their customer service number (it's not toll free though).

After watching how first bank was vandalized and burnt in Abeokuta, I think I'll have to support the banks on this one. Remain closed until this naira issue has been properly clarified by CBN. Nigerians are just too violent these days.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Sixfeetbelle: 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nazgul:

If it's customer service issues you want to resolve or rectify, you can reach them on Twitter, email or better still call their customer service number (it's not toll free though).

After watching how first bank was vandalized and burnt in Abeokuta, I think I'll have to support the banks on this one. Remain closed until this naira issue has been properly clarified by CBN. Nigerians are just too violent these days.

I don't think what I need to do can be achieved via email correspondences.

But I'll try
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Nazgul: 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

I don't think what I need to do can be achieved via email correspondences.

But I'll try
Emails sometimes might take a while before they reply. They would acknowledge the mail almost immediately via auto response, but your issue might take up to 48 hours before it's attended to.

I'll recommend you call them...it's the best way to get your issues resolved asap, and you'll have the opportunity of explaining yourself much better.
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by SMJay: 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
wink
mrsiso:
Resignation is the key word.

Many atimes, fear of the unknown keeps us enslaved in a toxic work environment. These employers can't do it alone, the moment you resign and create a major gap in their business some of them will invite you for dialogue and some won't till their business collapses.

The most important thing is, if you resign today will you be missed, if not.... Try to build yourself to be missed when you resign, that's the only guarantee that you have learnt something meaningful to secure a job in another organisation or start yours.

Don't be a slave to salary, learn to enjoy a peaceful life
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by SMJay: 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nazgul:

There's hunger and anger in the land. A hungry man is an angry man.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Sixfeetbelle: 9:16am On Feb 15, 2023
Nazgul:

What's the customer service number? (Not toll free).

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Gbright560: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
Walk away.. I'm a graduate of mass communication from federal polytechnic Offa served in sokoto I'm available for job vacancies within ilorin my CV is available if need be

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Nazgul: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

What's the customer service number? (Not toll free).

Thank you.
Banks don't use one customer service number. Each bank has theirs...Eg. The CS number of UBA would be different from that Access bank.

What bank are you attempting to escalate an issue from?
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Sixfeetbelle: 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nazgul:

Banks don't use one customer service number. Each bank has theirs...Eg. The CS number of UBA would be different from that Access bank.

What bank are you attempting to escalate an issue from?

GTB
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Nazgul: 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

GTB
Yea you mentioned earlier that their branches where shut.

There you go... +234-700-4826-66328
Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Sixfeetbelle: 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
Is there any reason the mods are deleting things on here? Can't you see I'm looking for help? Why are you deleting stuff? 😡😡😡🤬🤬

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Rubyjade: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
Hassanmaye:

I have started thinking of quiting my job since last week, I'm the only that he always complain of, just this morning we came to work at the same time with a lady in our office, but this Man was just blastering me that I came late.
Quit while you can for your mental health.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? by Rubyjade: 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
Gbright560:
Walk away.. I'm a graduate of mass communication from federal polytechnic Offa served in sokoto I'm available for job vacancies within ilorin my CV is available if need be
Google Hudson resources.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Recruitment 2013? / Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... / Avoid These Job Search Mistakes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.