Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video (17281 Views)

How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) / Delicious Ekpang Nkukwo ( Calabar wateryam Porridge) / Ekpang Nkukwo Recipe: How To Prepare Popular Calabar Ekpang Nkukwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by mikywonder(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
Aniga
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by enoch273: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Wow! This looks yummy, job well done... Meanwhile the next titan makes a major comeback with the 9th season of their entrepreneurial Reality show looking to reward business ideas with N20M grand prize and N5M for runner ups... Registration link below my signature.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Mercury12(m): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hmm
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Sucolee(m): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
Juliet751:
Delicious
you taste am?
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by flakkybakky(f): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
we d ijebus call it ikokore ,Without d vegetable nd periwinkle though
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by ideaz: 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Well done. You are doing well.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Bignuell(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
And one social space dunce dey say akwa ibom woman dey cheap. Don't wanna sound tribalistic, but the said individual even compare akwa ibom women with one tribe saying they're samsung, they're better, they're not cheap. People go just come online dey spit nonsense. At OP nice one, been long i had this dish though
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Longman8: 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is called "EFANKUKO" dat is if i got the spelling well. Omo dat food dey sweet like brain.Lolz Mumcy dey arrange am Wella when we bin dey Calabar dat year.
If no be say juju no good, I for mak dis particular one disappear for there.Lolzzzz
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
AkuOlisa:
This is oppression.
Efcc should investigate all the people that are posting all this intimidating foods in this forum....

Someone can not be hungry in peace again in this forum.

grin
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
enoch273:
Wow! This looks yummy, job well done... Meanwhile the next titan makes a major comeback with the 9th season of their entrepreneurial Reality show looking to reward business ideas with N20M grand prize and N5M for runner ups... Registration link below my signature.

Thanks very much smiley
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
Bignuell:
And one social space dunce dey say akwa ibom woman dey cheap. Don't wanna sound tribalistic, but the said individual even compare akwa ibim women with one tribe saying they're samsung, they're better, they're not cheap. People go just come online dey spit nonsense. At OP nice one, been long i had this dish though

Thanks! Hope you will try it again soon
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Longman8:
This is called "EFANKUKO" dat is if i got the spelling well. Omo dat food dey sweet like brain.Lolz Mumcy dey arrange am Wella when we bin dey Calabar dat year.
If no be say juju no good, I for mak dis particular one disappear for there.Lolzzzz

There are different variants of the name, but the essence is the same. The food sweet well well! If you know you know, but abeg no apply JuJu for here o grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by swissgoldenpro2: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is a yummy delicacy
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonnie10:

My best kept secret since 1979. They can have it now but I won’t tell them that the bottom pot, a little burnt is the best part.
One other secret I won’t revile is that the fish must be Bonga fish and you must have periwinkle with shell in it.

Hahaha, you secret is now known. Piom piom is there na grin
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Consray(f): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mandesz:
Igbo people has the best food in Nigeria.
coming from someone that all his/her life haven't travel to other part of the country.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Consray(f): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
swissgoldenpro2:
This is a yummy delicacy
I swear! No be lie
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Ray07(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
the food carry plenty wahala to prepare am. sad
e come expensive well well for restaurant.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by armyofone(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonnie10:
That is Ekpang nkwukwo. The most delicious food on earth. Trust me on this!

The pumpkin leave is a modern invention. The original recipe is with tender sprouts of coco yam leaves carefully shredded out without its tiny stems

Please what leaf did she used to wrap the paste ?
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
armyofone:

Ugu (pumpkin) leaves
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by armyofone(m): 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
DiomaKitchen:

Ugu (pumpkin) leaves

I thought only plantain leaf can be use to wrap paste.
Nice.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by tobillionaire(m): 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
flakkybakky:
we d ijebus call it ikokore ,Without d vegetable nd periwinkle though
Been waiting fr someone to say this, preparing this thing is stressful sha

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Agentsalt: 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonnie10:

My best kept secret since 1979. They can have it now but I won’t tell them that the bottom pot, a little burnt is the best part.
One other secret I won’t revile is that the fish must be Bonga fish and you must have periwinkle with shell in it.
Lolzz chaii you done finally finish me.
Small secret you can't keep o. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mariangeles:
The process of preparation is what makes this dish special.
Well done.

Same process makes me forget most times it exist. Too tedious embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by sonnie10: 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
armyofone:

It looks like ugu (pumpkin leaves). Saw that in her recipe. People use “green” too. But coco yam leaves is the original recipe. Wrapping alone can take an hour if it’s one person doing it for like people 4-5 servings.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by sonnie10: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
armyofone:

I thought only plantain leaf can be use to wrap paste.
Nice.

You can’t eat plantain leaves, but this one you eat it with the leaves. You can’t even unwrap it when cooked.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Theanyanwu: 6:42am On Jul 19, 2022
Do you know you can transform this your cooking skills to an idea and pitch it at the Next Titan reality show that is coming up soon? Atleast make you win 20M to expand this your business

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Pootle: 9:03am On Jul 19, 2022
baby poo undecided
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Preciousppearl(f): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2022
Delicious meal, I prefer it with baby cocoyam leaf and plenty smoked mackerel..
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Rhozabeth(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2022
When it comes to cooking, i give it all to the Akwa Ibomites! They are awesome!
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by 9jaTalks(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2022
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by nedekid: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
Looks tasty. Would certainly like it.
Hope it wount give the shits.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Africa Foods Very Smelling? / Cooking Jollof Rice With Only Tinned Tomatoes / Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.