Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? (1730 Views)

Poco F3 In Nigeria - First Impressions! Is It Still Worth It? / Is Buying Psp Still Worth It In 2021? / Is The Iphone 8 Plus Still Worth Buying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Considering the train of midrange devices from Xiaomi and even Samsung, is it wise to still choose a classic flagship like Google pixel 3 over the more recent phones?
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Unbiased1: 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
WhiteAngels001:
Considering the train of midrange devices from Xiaomi and even Samsung, is it wise to still choose a classic flagship like Google pixel 3 over the more recent phones?

The few aspects where the Pixel 3 can match up to modern mid range phones are:

1) The use of OLED display (though with lower refresh rate). Midrange phones from Xiaomi now come with AMOLED display.
2) A better camera than modern midrange phones but not in all aspects. For example, in daylight and low light shots, the Pixel 3 has the capacity to stand against even the best midrange phones from Samsung and Xiaomi even with their 64mp and 108mp sensors. The major difference is that the Pixel 3 does not have a wide angle camera, macro camera or a telephoto camera.
In terms of selfie cameras, the Pixel 3 will likely destroy any modern midrange phone.
3) The Pixel 3 is currently on Android 12 while some midrange phones produced last year are yet to get the Android 12 update and may never get it.
4) The Pixel 3 is very smooth and fluid with its Pixel Launcher. You almost get the feeling that the screen has 90hz refresh rate.
5) It has a good build quality with a gorilla glass 5 front, an aluminium frame and a gorilla glass 5 and plastic mix back.
The plastic does not even fill like plastic and you can use the phone for up to 2 years without noticing a major scratch on it.
6) The GPU of the Pixel 3's processor is still rated higher than the GPU in most of the midrange processors available today.

The cons of the Pixel 3 compared to modern midrange phones are:

1) No more support from Google. The Android 12 is the last update for the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL phones.
2) The Pixel 3 has much lower battery capacity and a much lower duration.
3) It lacks a higher screen refresh rate.
4) It lacks 5g connectivity.
5) It has just a single camera (wide angle).
6) Modern Midrange processors have similar processing power as the old flagship processor used in the Pixel 3.

Other things to note about the Pixel 3 are:
1) There is no headphone jack. You need to get a USB C to 3.5mm jack adapter inorder to use an earpiece with the Pixel 3 or better still, get an airpod.
2) The Pixel 3 supports only 1 SIM Card. So you if you have more than 1 SIM Card that may be an issue.
3) The Pixel 3 does not support memory card but you can buy an OTG adapter and connect a Flash drive or Card reader to the phone. With an OTG adapter, you can also connect an external hard drive, keyboard or mouse to the Pixel 3 and use it like you are operating a computer.

It all boils down to your preference and what you are looking out for in a phone.

I hope this answers your question.

17 Likes

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Sold
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Unbiased1:

The few aspects where the Pixel 3 can match up to modern mid range phones are:

1) The use of OLED display (though with lower refresh rate). Midrange phones from Xiaomi now come with AMOLED display.
2) A better camera than modern midrange phones but not in all aspects. For example, in daylight and low light shots, the Pixel 3 has the capacity to stand against even the best midrange phones from Samsung and Xiaomi even with their 64mp and 108mp sensors. The major difference is that the Pixel 3 does not have a wide angle camera, macro camera or a telephoto camera.
In terms of selfie cameras, the Pixel 3 will likely destroy any modern midrange phone.
3) The Pixel 3 is currently on Android 12 while some midrange phones produced last year are yet to get the Android 12 update and may never get it.
4) The Pixel 3 is very smooth and fluid with its Pixel Launcher. You almost get the feeling that the screen has 90hz refresh rate.
5) It has a good build quality with a gorilla glass 5 front, an aluminium frame and a gorilla glass 5 and plastic mix back.
The plastic does not even fill like plastic and you can use the phone for up to 2 years without noticing a major scratch on it.
6) The GPU of the Pixel 3's processor is still rated higher than the GPU in most of the midrange processors available today.

The cons of the Pixel 3 compared to modern midrange phones are:

1) No more support from Google. The Android 12 is the last update for the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL phones.
2) The Pixel 3 has much lower battery capacity and a much lower duration.
3) It lacks a higher screen refresh rate.
4) It lacks 5g connectivity.
5) It has just a single camera (wide angle).
6) Modern Midrange processors have similar processing power as the old flagship processor used in the Pixel 3.

Other things to note about the Pixel 3 are:
1) There is no headphone jack. You need to get a USB C to 3.5mm jack adapter inorder to use an earpiece with the Pixel 3 or better still, get an airpod.
2) The Pixel 3 supports only 1 SIM Card. So you if you have more than 1 SIM Card that may be an issue.
3) The Pixel 3 does not support memory card but you can buy an OTG adapter and connect a Flash drive or Card reader to the phone. With an OTG adapter, you can also connect an external hard drive, keyboard or mouse to the Pixel 3 and use it like you are operating a computer.

It all boils down to your preference and what you are looking out for in a phone.

I hope this answers your question.
This is a very detailed and accurate analysis sir. I salute your intelligent input

2 Likes

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
WhiteAngels001:
Click this link to See this unbeatable Pixel 3 off.er

https://www.nairaland.com/7233337/very-mint-google-pixel-3
Very good d.eal on Google pixel 3, you should check it out
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by christianjoy(m): 12:21am On Jul 18, 2022
WhiteAngels001:

Very good d.eal on Google pixel 3, you should check it out
how much
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 12:28am On Jul 18, 2022
Sold
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Youngpo413: 10:21am On Jul 18, 2022
Just one back camera may take poor pictures...except you will install Gcam. Gcam is owned by xiaomi,and all xiaomi smartphones rely on it to take good pictures,you can also install customroom and boobsloader,the popular ones are 'pixels experience' by nokia and 'lineage OS' by infinix....I maybe wrong though....you can contact that 'proud'atheist for more info.
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by blaquemyc: 10:31am On Jul 18, 2022
Youngpo413:
Just one back camera may take poor pictures...except you will install Gcam. Gcam is owned by xiaomi,and all xiaomi smartphones rely on it to take good pictures,you can also install customroom and boobsloader,the popular ones are 'pixels experience' by nokia and 'lineage OS' by infinix....I maybe wrong though....you can contact that 'proud'atheist for more info.
Gcam is owned by pixel actually, what you see on xiaomi are ports
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2022
Youngpo413:
You're completely wrong. First of all, Gcam is the short form of Google camera and it's owned by Google, secondly, that Google pixel 3 with just one camera is far far better than all "REDMI" phones. You need to have used both to confirm what I'm saying

2 Likes

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Auskyd(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2022
Youngpo413:

Lord God, where are you from bro? What's this abomination lmao. I'm howling!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2022
Auskyd:

Lord God, where are you from bro? What's this abomination lmao. I'm howling!!!!
Like a simple Google search could have avoided this

1 Like

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by sheggsliveth: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2022
Youngpo413:

Did you just said poor camera pictures! You never seen or handle the phone before.

I use oneplus but could say despite of pixel 3 one camera l,it shot great pictures...I can compare the camera with of iphone 11,it's what have handle and touched I was amazed by the camera...You don't really need Gcam is pixel 3
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by WhiteAngels001(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
SOLD
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Chuksteric(m): 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
Youngpo413:
You're confidently spewing wrong information out
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by sunshineV(f): 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2022
So y'all didn't see the sarcasm?

1 Like

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Looter100: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2022
Youngpo413:
see wetin indians do my guy for YouTube
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by finalboss(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2022
Youngpo413:
How old are you ? cheesy you just trying to sound smart meanwhile Na rubbish you Dy talk. Wtf,
Only God knows how many people you don tell this rubbish. Do you even know the full meaning of Gcam ?

1 Like

Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Hakeem12(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
finalboss:

How old are you ? cheesy you just trying to sound smart meanwhile Na rubbish you Dy talk. Wtf,
Only God knows how many people you don tell this rubbish. Do you even know the full meaning of Gcam ?
lmao, guy’s confidently capping without any care in the world
Re: Is Google Pixel 3 Still Worth Considering In 2022? by Enigma2049(m): 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
Guess everyone missed that guy's sarcasms grin

(1) (Reply)

Which Would You Prefer Between Iphone Xs Max And Iphone 11 / Iphone: Is It Really Worth All The Hype? / Free Mtn Browsing Setting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.