Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner (58329 Views)

Igbo Traders, Yoruba Youths Clash In Akure / Thugs Destroy Diamond Bank ATMs In Enugu (Video) / Police Nab Men Breaking, Looting Traders Shops In Alaba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by lizzybella26: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZpQHWxDlhM

Thugs Led By "Asiri Eniba" Destroyed Shops Of IGBO Traders In Osogbo After Adeleke Was Declared Winner Yesterday.

Osun election: Hoodlums vandalise shops belonging to Igbos in Osogbo

Political thugs have allegedly vandalised the businesses of some Igbo traders at Old garage, in Osogbo, the state capital.

In a viral video sighted by DAILY POST, shops of traders from the eastern part of the country were attacked over their alleged choice of candidate in Saturday’s governorship election.

A man behind the camera alleged that the thugs vandalised their counters for supporting Senator Ademola Adeleke, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in last Saturday’s gubernatorial election.

Confirming the attack, the chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo in Osun State, Pastor John Dike said no one was injured adding that everything is under control.

He said the people who destroyed the counters belonging to the Igbo traders were dissatisfied with the outcome of the governorship election.

“You know, in an election like this, you can’t rule out the possibility of dissatisfied persons. It’s not anything serious. Some of our people had their counters destroyed but we have brought that under control as I speak to you now.

“We are not taking any serious actions against it because we know that there are skirmishes of things like this when elections come up and go.

“The Yorubas that we live in their land are peace-loving people and we have been living friendly. So, it is something we can handle. There is no one injured as I speak to you,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/07/18/osun-election-hoodlums-vandalise-shops-belonging-to-igbos-in-osogbo/%3famp=1

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by WalkinggBenson: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2022
Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Tinububalls: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2022
Urchins nyash dey shake oh.

310 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Akinzo2121(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Then don dey start am small small...

191 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by richiemcgold: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2022
I wonder what igbos got to do with this. It was Osun people that voted Adeleke, not igbo. This is probably a wrong headline.

407 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by kingthreat(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2022
This is not right.

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by cherishmichael: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2022
Just not appropriate! cry

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by WonderManly(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2022
As you can see...

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Islandlady(f): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2022
Nawa o!

Ibos should stop this fake victimization abeg undecided

I mean what concerns Ibos and the just concluded Osun election? undecided

124 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2022
This is totally uncalled for

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by dettolgel: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
Accommodators

45 Likes

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by r4bbit: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
Bullshit . grin
Another victimisation propaganda

63 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by realstars: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
The incoming governor will fixe it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by clarocuzioo(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
okooo
Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Commentor: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
These people no dey tire for victimization?

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by jerk: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Islandlady:

Mynd44
Mynd44
Mynd44 Seun

Rule 2 broken

I don't understand how fully grown men can't make a simple comment devoid of insults!
You reported someone for breaking the rule but you were the first to broke the rule.

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Vyzz: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
Islandlady:
Nawa o!

cool

Who are you asking that useless question ni?..

Your father agbero people dey destroy igbo people shop in osun because a yoruba man won an election?..

Wetin concern igbos with am?..

Igbo people in Lagos should be careful, and protect theirselves from Tinubu urchins when ever they attack..

Asiwaju Don lose election already..

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Elemosho478: 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Igbo and crying victimization as usual

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
The Striking Thing is that the Man that was voted in still hails from Osun state.
The FooLs who did such have clogs in their brains. They failed to realise that the man who won the election will start & end his work in Osun State.
And not that the IGBOS voted in an Emeka.

This is one of the Reasons people easily get tired of Nigeria in this period of human advancement & opt to leave the country for the majority FooLs.
This is not just Right!

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Elemosho478:
Igbo and crying victimization as usual

One day it will get to you.
& U will understand how painful such can be.
Your people once suffered such in UYO early this year right... U may not sympathetise with them becos you are far from understanding such.
Someone like you will only understand when it hits you directly and not indirectly.

I have visited a lot of countries and cities and I haven't seen anything different in terms of trees, oxygen we breath, Rivers and Animals.
But one thing that has kept in me in agape is the humans I came across. HUMANS truly differ!

Nigeria suffers because of the nature of the humans inhabiting its Land and not the word "NIGERIA", neither is it the vegetation or animals.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Elemosho478: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Your people once suffered such in UYO early this year right... U may not sympathetise with them becos you are far from understanding such.
Someone like you will only understand when it hits you directly and not indirectly.

I have visited a lot of countries and cities and I haven't seen anything different in terms of trees, oxygen we breath, Rivers and Animals.
But one thing that has kept in me in agape is the humans I came across. HUMANS truly differ!

Nigeria suffers because of the nature of the humans inhabiting its Land and not the word "NIGERIA", neither is it the vegetation or animals.

I know what I'm saying

I live in Osun and so many Igbo lives in my street peacefully. That area that was attacked also have Yoruba properties and businesses, many of the shops are Yoruba properties rented to Igbo.

You must be really daft to believe the attack targeted only Igbo.

What happened in Uyo really targeted Yoruba but then Yoruba don't cry like you people, many of you even mocked them back then despite the fact that Yoruba were targeted.

For me I don't have any sympathy to give, Yoruba land is very big and you go to far away Uyo for what? If you don't like the way they treat you there move back to your region instead of crying or wailing that won't fly.

To be honest Nigerians are very tribal and only a naive individual will deny that, I told my family members not to live outside south west because Nigerians are very tribalistic.

72 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by pointblank247(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
Islandlady:
Nawa o!

truely truely i never knew you were this stupid

65 Likes

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Elemosho478: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Attack like this usually target opposition stronghold not tribe, but we all know that most Igbo are PDP supporters.

So any area targeted for attack would also have a fair numbers of Igbo, it doesn't mean they intentionally target them in the first place because of tribe.

Most of the shops destroyed are Yoruba properties rented to Igbo including businesses of Yoruba.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Elemosho478: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
pointblank247:
truely truely i never knew you were this stupid

Attack like this usually target opposition stronghold not tribe, but we all know that most Igbo are PDP supporters.

So any area targeted for attack would also have a fair numbers of Igbo, it doesn't mean they intentionally target them in the first place because of tribe.

Most of the shops destroyed are Yoruba properties rented to Igbo including businesses of Yoruba.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Teeroyzimma: 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Thugs Destroy Igbo Traders' Shops In Osogbo After PDP Was Declared Winner by Paretomaster1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
That's the work of thugs, it's sad anyway..... People have the right to choose whoever the want....

Ignos have done worse anyway.....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kidnappers Caught And Stripped Unclad By Mob (Photos) / Jennifer Ugadu Murdered By Her Soldier Boyfriend (Disturbing Photos) / Missing Person: Agnes Apu Declared Missing Since Last Year (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.