Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) (49004 Views)

The World's Largest Bottle Of Whiskey Sold For $1.4 Million At Auction / Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey's First Ever Tweet Draws $2.5m Bid At Auction / The World's Most Expensive Marijuana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by asahnwaKC: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
That pointing man with his tiny something 60b.... undecided....haaaaaa...
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Tegabadguy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
what of nigeria own.........
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by motionarena: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
Ishilove:

60 billion naira for a skeletal man pointing to God knows what? This is ridiculous
Lol it’s all about area of interest. I grew up in an art inclined family with paintings of over 40 years old hanging on our walls, so a person like me will definitely spend money to acquire antic arts.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by motionarena: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by BluntCrazeMan: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

One Pyrate sighted
What??
Biko,, I watch lots of foreign movies
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Habayomie(m): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
nomenclature:

Stop converting to that useless currency called naira .
If any of my earned money stays in naira ,for up to 24 hours, I will begin to panic, I immediately convert all my earned naira to stocks and other dollar asset classes
Pls kindly teach me how.
I always wish to save in Dollars.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by sylve11: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
Harold4lyf:

Lol....most are used for money laundering on a lowkey....let's say I have $200m to launder... I can easily call my art dealer/critique friend and have him appraise a piece of art for $200m....I set up a Phantom Auction and buy it for $200m....after I pay the money the auction company receives it and wires $180m to a secret account to eliminate all traces to me while keeping their own share

Interesting. cool
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Angel55555(m): 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2022
braveboy64:
Money laundering
Exactly angry
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
Even this primary one pupil jagajaga painting is worth millions of $

It is finished truly

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Premiumwriter: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
sprints1:
That Da vinci was a wizard that man was years ahead of his time. I believe he did a lot they did not reveal to us
conspiracy theory people.

Always blaming other people for their own ignorance.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by PureNigerian: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
Garbage art work. They don't make sense
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Alapojamesy: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
Most of them are used for money laundering...
That slim pointing status abi wetin..
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Josepheraz17(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
People who do love art a lot and have a lot of money to throw around would definitely not mind even if the piece looks silly.....I myself know that if I was to be that wealthy in billions of dollars, I go definitely buy expensive art. I too love art

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
oz4real83:
I thought Kim Kardashian bought it until I found out that she actually borrowed it from the museum that bought it cheesy cheesy The Kardashians will do anything to gain attention cheesycheesy

They paid her to wear it
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Nozino: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
braveboy64:
Money laundering

100 percent
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by TinubuNG: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
Na this one sock me grin
#60.2b shocked shocked

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Theres money on earth!!!
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
Money miss road way back no be today...

Anyway, I like that patek watch...

Won't be bad on a wrist one day.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
How God Can Be Glorified Through Your Life

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A85w6BJ0VmM
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by bagad: 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Mohammed bin Salman (Moslem) the crown prince of Saudi Arabia bought Leonardo Da Vinci’s (Christian) Salvator Mundi

Imagine that.

Then why are some so called Islamic fighters fighting the christians.

If anything goes to the top, it certainly comes down to the the ground
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by oz4real83(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sleekfingers:

They paid her to wear it
you are wrong,she was neither paid to wear it nor did she directly pay for it but she made donations twice to organisations where Ripley( the organisation that bought the dress at auction) is located. I believe those donations were secret payments to borrow that dress.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by etrange: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
Maybe those of you rushing into IT should consider fine art. Lol

Actually, most of these art works have more historical value than aesthetics. I'm only surprised by the one created by an artist who's still alive. That piece of work hasn't been around long enough to amass such value.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by nomenclature(m): 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
Habayomie:

Pls kindly teach me how.
I always wish to save in Dollars.
I am not saving in dollars,I invest in dollars and rands for now , there is difference between saving and investing but if you only want to save, better get a dollar bank account from any of the national banks in nigeria , but if you want to invest, buy stocks of foreign companies and invest in mutual funds as well.there are also fixed income investments that can guarantee you at least 7% return on equity in dollars annually if you invest with them,there are alot of apps/channels to do so,I am not promoting/recommending any,Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2022
etrange:
Maybe those of you rushing into IT should consider fine art. Lol

Actually, most of these art works have more historical value than aesthetics. I'm only surprised by the one created by an artist who's still alive. That piece of work hasn't been around long enough to amass such value.

Laundering comes in mind
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by efembaba(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
but everyone knows you bought the piece for 200 million dollars. That does not make so much for a secrete operation. Or maybe I don't get ur point
Harold4lyf:

Lol....most are used for money laundering on a lowkey....let's say I have $200m to launder... I can easily call my art dealer/critique friend and have him appraise a piece of art for $200m....I set up a Phantom Auction and buy it for $200m....after I pay the money the auction company receives it and wires $180m to a secret account to eliminate all traces to me while keeping their own share

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by sprints1: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2022
Premiumwriter:
conspiracy theory people.

Always blaming other people for their own ignorance.
u are obviously a kid and I won't say more than that. A writer that doesn't know the meaning of wizard.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by EmmaLege: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
cool
Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by folake4u(f): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
Explorers:
The most expensive dress ever sold at auction was Marilyn Monroe's "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" gown, which sold for $4.8 million (₦2B)in 2016.

Marilyn Monroe's "Happy Birthday, Mr. President Dress".

The famous dress was purchased by Ripley's at Julien's Auctions in Los Angeles in November 2016.

Monroe wore the iconic gown while performing for John F. Kennedy at a Democratic Party fundraiser event in May 1962.

I remember this dress. Kim Kardashian wore it this year for MET Gala and had to lose weight to fit into the outfit. smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by folake4u(f): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2022
oz4real83:
I thought Kim Kardashian bought it until I found out that she actually borrowed it from the museum that bought it cheesy cheesy The Kardashians will do anything to gain attention cheesycheesy

Lmao. She didn't borrow it oh. I think the museum wanted her to wear it so she was clad into it for the MET Gala. She even wrote on Twitter that she was honoured to wear Marilyn Monroe's famous dress. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by planetx: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
To those talking about money laundering, so Bill Gates bought the codex writing for $30 million because he wanted to launder money or the Saudi crown prince bought the most expensive artwork for money laundering lol. Just say you don't know that there are people with excessive money in this world and it is also for investment purposes, not saying some don't use it for money laundering because the value appreciates. And most importantly for bragging rights among their rich friends and peers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) by DAramis: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Explorers:

Sometimes, i dont understand why people spend millions of $ on just rough drawings.
Boss,

I once read somewhere that, this auctioning of artworks are Money laundering route undecided
Kickbacks stuff and return of money to original cartel owners after collection of percentage by the dealers. grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Workers Decorated Their Workplace With Creative Christmas Trees / 5 Men Trying To Reconnect Electricity, Risk Their Lives (Photos) / What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.