Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi (715 Views)

I Still Blame Peter Obi For Tinubus Victory / I Still Blame Peter Obi For The Loss / Abimbola Adelakun: Don’t Blame Peter Obi For His Zealous Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Eniitankorede: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
Recently, Peter Obi was ranting about inadequate electricity and telling lies as usual. Fashola replied him, it was not viral on Nairaland for obvious reason.
For all the Obituary supporters, if you don’t have regular electricity know that Peter Obi caused it. He was a part of the federal government committee under PDP that awarded contracts to GENCOs and Discos. These were contracts awarded to cronies who had no money to invest in the system and had no technical ideas about the system. They are the problems of electricity generation, transmission and distribution. I know it’s a bitter truth, you have to swallow it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by spearman(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
OBI NA SCAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by ugwusunday(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2022
For me and my family, Na PO we go follow... Out of the presidential contestant we have in Nigeria currently, i still prefer Obi to any. So say anything u want, u can't change my mind

8 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Popemax(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
E don late already sorry and I'll vote for him

6 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by HONESTFACT101(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Recently, Peter Obi was ranting about inadequate electricity and telling lies as usual. Fashola replied him, it was not viral on Nairaland for obvious reason.
For all the Obituary supporters, if you don’t have regular electricity know that Peter Obi caused it. He was a part of the federal government committee under PDP that awarded contracts to GENCOs and Discos. These were contracts awarded to cronies who had no money to invest in the system and had no technical ideas about the system. They are the problems of electricity generation, transmission and distribution. I know it’s a bitter truth, you have to swallow it.
Do you mind The Obi supporters
if not for The EVIL PETER OBI the 3 regions in Nigeria should not have been joined, Don't even get me started on the fact that he is the reason bread is now 450 NAIRAundecided ......signing out✈

6 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by heendrix(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
exactly Obi is a big scam and right now the only saints we have as politicians are Atiku and Tinubu

Spare me the Bullshit OP. who never fvck up hands in the Air

8 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Babaken(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
Even if you still get erection dysfunction still blame Obi.

E go soon clear for una eye.

The earlier you become Obidient the better for you.

8 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Viscuz: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
Iyo

2 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Actually,it isn't Peter Obi that is to blame...the comittee's job was just to get the discos and gencos to come in.....it is ultimately the way power is priced in Nigeria that is the issue.

In brief, power prices are set by the government, not by the DISCOS and GENCOS themselves. Power prices are kept below the cost of production ( in 2018, Moghalu, former deputy governor CBN, put the cost of production at N53, PriceWaterhouse coopers put it at N83, meanwhile we were selling the power at N20-30...something that cost at least N53 TO produce).

As a result the discos and gencos have been running at a loss. (Goverment pays a subsidy that should cover the loss, but in practice it is insufficent).

Financial experts have been advising the government to allow GENCOS and DISCOS set the price, but the government...both GEJ and Buhari, have refused to do so.

When you operate at a loss, you run out of money. That is why the DISCOS and GENCOS do not have enough cash to fix things. Busiensses are there to recoup investment. MTN and Artel spend a lot of money building antenna and other infrastructre for us to get internet and telephony...and they recoup that investment by running at a profit. Why doesn't your apc government allow the discos do same.

It's not obituary's fault...it is your government.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Eniitankorede: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Actually,it isn't Peter Obi that is to blame...the comittee's job was just to get the discos and gencos to come in.....it is ultimately the way power is priced in Nigeria that is the issue.

In brief, power prices are set by the government, not by the DISCOS and GENCOS themselves. Power prices are kept below the cost of production ( in 2018, Moghalu, former deputy governor CBN, put the cost of production at N53, PriceWaterhouse coopers put it at N83, meanwhile we were selling the power at N20-30...something that cost at least N53 TO produce).

As a result the discos and gencos have been running at a loss. (Goverment pays a subsidy that should cover the loss, but in practice it is insufficent).

Financial experts have been advising the government to allow GENCOS and DISCOS set the price, but the government...both GEJ and Buhari, have refused to do so.

When you operate at a loss, you run out of money. That is why the DISCOS and GENCOS do not have enough cash to fix things. Busiensses are there to recoup investment. MTN and Artel spend a lot of money building antenna and other infrastructre for us to get internet and telephony...and they recoup that investment by running at a profit. Why doesn't your apc government allow the discos do same.

It's not obituary's fault...it is your government.

Stop talking this nonsense. Have you read various reports about the capabilities and technical knowledge of the investors? The committee approved cronies who had no money to invest and had no knowledge of the market. That has nothing to do with pricing etc.
Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Stop talking this nonsense. Have you read various reports about the capabilities and technical knowledge of the investors? The committee approved cronies who had no money to invest and had no knowledge of the market. That has nothing to do with pricing etc.

And the fact is, when government sets your price (something that was put in by PDP, and maintained by APC ) AND keeps it below the production cost, even if it was Siemens and company running generation and distribution in Nigeria, they would run at a massive loss.

The simple reason why we ended up with the 'cronies' (and not all cronies...some of them are proper companies...AEDC is run by a foreign company for example...that's for abuja disco)...is because the government insisted on setting the price, and offered them the carrot of periodic price increases....which they failed to do so from 2016-19.

Before you quote me, I would like an answer to this question...if you were a businessman, would you allow the government to set the prices for the stuff you sell? At levels that the poor can afford? Below what you bought the goods for? Be honest.

1 Like

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Eniitankorede: 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
Subsidywise20:

And the fact is, when government sets your price (something that was put in by PDP, and maintained by APC ) AND keeps it below the production cost, even if it was Siemens and company running generation and distribution in Nigeria, they would run at a massive loss.

The simple reason why we ended up with the 'cronies' (and not all cronies...some of them are proper companies...AEDC is run by a foreign company for example...that's for abuja disco)...is because the government insisted on setting the price, and offered them the carrot of periodic price increases....which they failed to do so from 2016-19.

Before you quote me, I would like an answer to this question...if you were a businessman, would you allow the government to set the prices for the stuff you sell? At levels that the poor can afford? Below what you bought the goods for? Be honest.

If they were not infantile businessmen who wanted to ruin the system, is pricing not supposed to be an issue properly agreed upon before the contracts were signed? Why did they sign a contract without knowing who will fix prices and what prices to be fixed? They were pre-occupied with how they will dismantle the system and cannibaliser it. That’s why they came with no money. And the main issue is: why did Peter Obi and the group approve contracts to broke businessmen?
Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by cybersoldiers: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
Eniitankorede:

You're a fantastic Idiot.

Very shameless goat.
Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by codelearner: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Sir, assuming your assertion is right, what has the APC government done in the last 7years to over-turn it or improve on what was met?

Are we still playing blame game on the end of a second tenure?

Can we be truthful to ourself for once?

Are you enjoying this country the way it is?

We voted APC in 2015 (I personally campaigned for Buhari/APC thinking he has something to offer the country since he has contested multiple times ) because Nigerians needed a new positive path in governance, what has APC done on their own for these 7+ years, blaming and complaining of the activities of the past.

I told all that I know campaigning for Tinubu that they are not being fair to Nigerians, Tinubu's finest men has been in power since 2015, from Babatunde Fashola, Babatunde Fowler, Rauf Aregbosola, Ben Akabueze, Yemi Osibanjo etc, all these men have performed woefully in their different ministries and agencies.

The pattern I see in APC is not accepting responsibility which is another hallmark of bad leadership,
APC like the political portfolio/office without its attendant responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Eniitankorede: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
codelearner:

Sir, assuming your assertion is right, what has the APC government done in the last 7years to over-turn it or improve on what was met?

Are we still playing blame game on the end of a second tenure?

Can we be truthful to ourself for once?

Are you enjoying this country the way it is?

We voted APC in 2015 (I personally campaigned for Buhari/APC thinking he has something to offer the country since he has contested multiple times ) because Nigerians needed a new positive path in governance, what has APC done on their own for these 7+ years, blaming and complaining of the activities of the past.

I told all that I know campaigning for Tinubu that they are not being fair to Nigerians, Tinubu's finest men has been in power since 2015, from Babatunde Fashola, Babatunde Fowler, Rauf Aregbosola, Ben Akabueze, Yemi Osibanjo etc, all these men have performed woefully in their different ministries and agencies.

The pattern I see in APC is not accepting responsibility which is another hallmark of bad leadership,
APC like the political portfolio/office without its attendant responsibility.

Yes APC could not do anything because Peter Obi and the PDP crooks made sure they enacted a contract that will bind the hands of any government of the future. They would not be able to overturn the contract or cancel it without heavy penalty. That’s why they managed to change the boards of those companies. Perhaps this might help. But yes they can’t do anything and you know it.
Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by mycar: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Buhari killed the economy, all the company had gone bankruptcy. Aero contractor ordeal was Peter Obi fault too. APC and blame game is like 5 and 6
Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Eniitankorede: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
mycar:

Buhari killed the economy, all the company had gone bankruptcy. Aero contractor ordeal was Peter Obi fault too. APC and blame game is like 5 and 6

This is the truth. Peter Obi caused our blackouts.
Re: If You Have No Regular Electricity Blame Peter Obi by Oilwell(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
Agbado urchins don come again as per EFCC abi ICPC.

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: There Are Plans To Islamize Nigeria – Musa / Breaking!! PDP Thugs Attack Governor's Wife Convoy In Ede / Obiano Inherited Over N120 Billion Debt From Peter Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.