Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria (39961 Views)

Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos / All Three APC Senators From Niger State Lost Out In Primary Election: Photo / All The 3 APC Senators In Niger State Lost Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by blamingthedevil: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
SOLUDO set up Economic Committee of eminent scholars headed by Ezekwesili. At the end of the day, Soludo is borrowing N100b within 100 days in Office. That's N1b per day. OYETOLA didn't borrow a dime in 4 years.

I really want to know how he pays salaries, pensions regularly and still embark on infrastructures despite negative allocation, megre IGR and without obtaining loans
https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1548932891383562240

Statistics

OSUN STATE INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — DOMESTIC DEBT

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — EXTERNAL DEBT

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

LEAST UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE [2020]

1 Osun
2 Benue
3 Zamfara
4 Sokoto
5 Ogun

LEAST POOR PEOPLE [2019]
1 Lagos
2 Delta
3 Osun
4 Ogun
5 Oyo

#StatiSense
(NBS)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1549105244130402305

238 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Chinjo2: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
Let him go to Tinubu to appoint him as the sole contractor to supply Nigera soldiers with Corn, Cassava and Agbado

383 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by nairavsdollars(f): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
You are one of his appointees. Sorry about loss of job

275 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Oyetola is a very brilliant guy but he was designed to fail as a governor by Rauf Aregbesola. Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant of what the issues are so they tend to make the wrong political decisions at every election cycle.

Oyetola’s major offense was not executing big contracts and sharing money like Rauf did. Some, especially Osogbo people also hated him for fighting Rauf. But truth be told, what’s in Rauf’s legacy that should be continued? Crazy debt? Crazy religious policies? Crazy educational policies? None payment of salaries? What exactly?

The governor inherited a crippling debt portfolio from Rauf. The state’s monthly allocation was not even enough to meet the servicing of the debt left by Aregbesola not to talk of paying salaries and executing contracts. Still, he managed to keep the state together.

He had two choices as governor, take more crazy loans that the state can’t payback in the next 100 years or cut down on government projects and prioritize payment of salaries, repayment of loan and execution of only emergency projects. He choose the second option and got punished for it.

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all these and they hated him.

I sincerely wish Ademola Adeleke well but I’m eagerly waiting to see what he will do differently considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.

416 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by WonderManly(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
You see...

11 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by derecho(m): 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
Whatever anyone want to say, never forget that his link with Tinubu was a factor.
Tinubu is anathema to angry Nigerians.
What happened was protest vote...simple

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by famology(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
Aregbesola killed Osun State. Oyetola must be really skillful to have managed to keep the state afloat. As we speak Osun is on negative federal allocation because debts are being deducted from source. Many people don't know the situation Aregbesola left Osun State. I just dey laff oooooo......the man has done his best, it's time to move on and allow Adeleke to also try. Let's see what Adeleke can do differently. I remember how soludo was making noise everywhere until when he saw the books his complaints started. Less than 6months he's demanding for a loan of 100billion naira already. Lol.......

194 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by ERockson: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
When I listened to my brother/a civil servant in Osun State about one of the reasons for wanting Oyetola out of power. "That he has performed well in his first term and they believe he's coming in the second term to deal with them or perform less. That he refused to pay numbers/years of halves salaries Aregbe was owing, though he pays full as at when due. The man is a very good man I swell to gods.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by dalongjnr: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is a house of card. I know that the next governor will not do well because he has to recover his investment. Imagine investing billions on campaigns and also,trying to pleased the people of your party at the "center" through dues,gifts, contracts, and sponsorships of campaigns and other party programs, mostly as an opposition political party!
I wish Adeleke well but he will surely fail if he's not resolute with financial decisions.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by 3ple9iner: 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is the same thing I am hearing from distant relatives in Osun.

One who came to Lagos today said in the state capital, the people would berate the state government for constructing roads and ask if it's road they would eat, that during the time of Aregbesola, money was always given to them.

I am from Osun and scared because people are not bordered about what Adeleke can offer. In all I wish him the best.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by juman(m): 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
They would cry soon.
Their new governor would owe them six months salary at a time.

He spent to much money to get there. His first goal is to get his money back and profit.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by juman(m): 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
The result is good for apc.
It wake them up to work harder to win elections.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Kagd10: 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
seunmsg:
Oyetola is a very brilliant guy but he was designed to fail as a governor by Rauf Aregbesola. Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant of what the issues are so they tend to make the wrong political decisions at every election cycle.

Oyetola’s major offense was not executing big contracts and sharing money like Rauf did. Some, especially Osogbo people also hated him for fighting Rauf. But truth be told, what’s in Rauf’s legacy that should be continued? Crazy debt? Crazy religious policies? Crazy educational policies? None payment of salaries? What exactly?

The governor inherited a crippling debt portfolio from Rauf. The state’s monthly allocation was not even enough to meet the servicing of the debt left by Aregbesola not to talk of paying salaries and executing contracts. Still, he managed to keep the state together.

He had two choices as governor, take more crazy loans that the state can’t payback in the next 100 years or cut down on government projects and prioritize payment of salaries, repayment of loan and execution of only emergency projects. He choose the second option and got punished for it.

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all these and they hated him.

I sincerely wish Ademola Adeleke well but I’m eagerly waiting to see what he will do differently considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.

I don't think Osun disliked Oyetola because he fought with Aregbesola. Osun hated him right from the bat because he was Aregbesola's candidate in the first election.

I remembered how same thing played out in Ondo state. Mimiko wasn't paying pension and salaries regularly thus, the people of Ondo state fought against the successor he brought out. They preferred to vote for Akereedolu

Same thing played out with Oyetola. The people of Osun didn't like the fact that Aregbesola owed pension and salaries hence wouldn't vote for his successor. It was by miracle through which Oyetola got in the first election because it was close. Now, they don't trust Oyetola for second term because they believed he would behave like Aregbesola.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by georjay(m): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kagd10:

I don't think Osun disliked Oyetola because he fought with Aregbesola. Osun hated him right from the bat because he was Aregbesola's candidate in the first election.

I remembered how same thing played out in Ondo state. Mimiko wasn't paying pension and salaries regularly thus, the people of Ondo state fought against the successor he brought out. They preferred to vote for Akereedolu

Same thing played out with Oyetola. The people of Osun didn't like the fact that Aregbesola owed pension and salaries hence wouldn't vote for his successor. It was by miracle through which Oyetola got in the first election because it was close. Now, they don't trust Oyetola for second term because they believed he would behave like Aregbesola.

Miracle or remote control undecided

Anyways

9 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by vasel15: 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Even though you are a tinubu thug, it is good to see this from another side but all the same Nigeria is dead and the looting would continue, adeleke and his family would loot and the osun people will suffer for another 4years

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by GeneralPula: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
Wow, I honestly didn’t know he did well up to this extent..

He didn’t borrow money yet he was able to pay salaries & manage the state so well..

Make Osun people dey pray because Pdp no dey take eye see treasury..

322 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by benardtotti(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
famology:
Aregbesola killed Osun State. Oyetola must be really skillful to have managed to keep the state afloat. As we speak Osun is on negative federal allocation because debts are being deducted from source. Many people don't know the situation Aregbesola left Osun State. I just dey laff oooooo......the man has done his best, it's time to move on and allow Adeleke to also try. Let's see what Adeleke can do differently. I remember how soludo was making noise everywhere until when he saw the books his complaints started. Less than 6months he's demanding for a loan of 100billion naira already. Lol.......

And buhari went ahead to appoint him a minister? Buhari loves to surround himself with failures no wonder he himself is a failed president.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by GeneralPula: 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
derecho:
Whatever anyone want to say, never forget that his link with Tinubu was a factor.
Tinubu is an anathema to angry Nigerians.

Anything to suit your ego sha..

It was state internal politics. It has nothing to do with tinubu..

They’ll vote massively for him next year..

247 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Bravetunde: 12:31am On Jul 19, 2022
Is that the propagandaa you people discussed today

Theivenubu a condemned kriminal has given you task and slavves must obey.
Congrats to osun state for kicking out Tinubu.
I hate drug dealers and occulltic men maybe that's why I hate your mamster theivenubu.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 12:31am On Jul 19, 2022
That dancing pig will be the end of Osun state. I hope I am wrong but he doesn't look like a serious human being.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 12:35am On Jul 19, 2022
vasel15:

Even though you are a tinubu thug, it is good to see this from another side but all the same Nigeria is dead and the looting would continue, adeleke and his family would loot and the osun people will suffer for another 4years

And you are an Obituary thug. An ipig/ipob miscreant.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by pquaver(m): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2022
derecho:
Tinubu is an anathema to angry Nigerians.

If what the guy posted is true then it contradicts your Tinubu story.. Lagos and Osun can't do well if he is that Evil. Igbos should check well ooo. This hate tge are propelling against the man, it might cme back t haunt oo.. A word is enuf for d wise

241 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2022
Hmmm. The numbers speak for him.

He was raising IGR ,

reducing inherited debt ,

not taking on new loans

yet paying salaries and

building mega projects.

This is brilliant!Oyetola is a Genius! Another Genius discovered and raised up by Asiwaju Tinubu.

This is posterity staring people in the face. Well done HE Oyetola.

He is not flamboyant at all and hardly do you see him in public glare. He was just minding his business and building a legacy of great service. He will be taken to the centre when Asiwaju Tinubu becomes the President.

Meanwhile, if you want free business ideas and directory of money sources, please check my signature. Cheers.

267 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by techWriter3: 1:11am On Jul 19, 2022
You not one of his appointments
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Myhusband(m): 1:11am On Jul 19, 2022
Osun Move from a Managing director to dancing senator

I wish them well nonetheless cheesy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Myhusband(m): 1:13am On Jul 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. The numbers speak for him. He was raising IGR ,
reducing inherited debt ,

not taking on new loans

yet paying salaries and

building mega projects.

This is brilliant!Oyetola is a Genius! Another Genius discovered and raised up by Asiwaju Tinubu.

This is posterity staring people in the face. Well done HE Oyetola.

He is not flamboyant at all and hardly do you see him in public glare. He was just minding his business and building a legacy of great service. He will be taken to the centre when Asiwaju Tinubu becomes the President.

Meanwhile, if you want free business ideas and directory of money sources, please check my signature. Cheers.

that's my minister of Budget and planning in making, after Tinubu victory Rauf is surely going on political exile

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Lamasta(m): 1:21am On Jul 19, 2022
OP show us what he used osun allocation for 4 years on before we compare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by olril17(m): 1:22am On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.
see tilumbu urchin salty tears.... eeyah

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by 9jahotblog: 1:22am On Jul 19, 2022
blamingthedevil:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1548932891383562240

Statistics

OSUN STATE INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — DOMESTIC DEBT

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — EXTERNAL DEBT

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

LEAST UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE [2020]

1 Osun
2 Benue
3 Zamfara
4 Sokoto
5 Ogun

LEAST POOR PEOPLE [2019]
1 Lagos
2 Delta
3 Osun
4 Ogun
5 Oyo

#StatiSense
(NBS)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1549105244130402305
Oyetola lule completely

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by olril17(m): 1:26am On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:

this Tinubu supporter was one of the praise singers of aregbe then ooo.
now according to him the same aregbe is now the problem.
awon osinwin ooniyan
pls remind which party aregbe belong to again?
waa luleee nii, ooni shakaan rejee

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) / How Intelligence Reports Foiled Saraki’s Near Escape From CCT Trial – Ripples / Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.